LiberationRO.

Started by Reality, Feb 13, 2013, 05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megumi

@Triper

I was Playing WoonRO before , It just happened i made a mistake [mixed sprite] when i created the Lite Client . I don't intend to copy Gold coins beside WoonRo are using all Official Sprites , No Customs.

Anyway i already decided  to shutdown my server for good.
It's pointless to argue , People wont believed on me anyway.
I'm alone they are many .

I accept its my fault for implementing our Server Rules.

:)

Saiku

Quote from: Megumi on Feb 13, 2013, 10:07 PM
Its really sad how these people abuse RMS , They can troll any servers they want cause they have the numbers [10-30 members] . They Start to Suggest anything they want for their personal interest . if you disappoint them cause you reject their suggestion cause your  following the official server pattern .

lol at this. It is for the server own good. Those suggestions actually are the best compare that you implemented right now. I'm just saying.
Also, it doesn't really matter. Some of them tell the truth about the server.

Also when Face talked about Safe Refine Ticket being sold in donation shop, you banned him for what? Harassment? He was questioning about that. Since then, we started to think that you're a terrible admin. We gave you second chance and not leave. Fact? We were wrong. You are still terrible. They can troll any servers? You're joking right?

Side off topic: What's with you and your random capitalization letter? It makes you look bad too by the way.

@megumi, are you saying that you're using part of woon's grf? lol.

Pointless to argue? Or you don't have any [proof]?

@last part, implementing or enforcing? I thought you implemented your server rules ages ago.

Reality

Quote from: Megumi on Feb 13, 2013, 10:07 PM
Its really sad how these people abuse RMS , They can troll any servers they want cause they have the numbers [10-30 members] . They Start to Suggest anything they want for their personal interest . if you disappoint them cause you reject their suggestion cause your  following the official server pattern . They will rage and start to troll you until it will end in ban fest. Then Since they have the numbers they can do 10-20 Bad Reviews , as well as reviews at forum . They can make people believed since they are association.

Hope YC is aware of this , or else people will continue doing this in the future.

Anyway im shutting down my server for good , happy now ?

What are you talking about? I made two suggestions. One was half-accepted, and the other was lost in the forum move. I never pushed for it to pass. If I had a real agenda, I would have given you a lot more hell than I did.

What we are doing here is using Ratemyserver to its fullest potential. This is the beauty of this site. Once the server stopped growing, we realized there was a huge need for development and correcting of a lot of the issues (as stated extensively in the review). Unfortunately, you nor your staff addressed or resolved these problems. That's when everybody with half a brain realized this was a failing server. Of course we're going to try and get things done. If staff won't do it themselves, the players need to nudge them. It seems as though you haven't had much experience in management previously due to the way you handled any of this.

That's where the reviews come in. Reviews are based on a player's experience on the server. These are my experiences on the server. It is a fair review, and you need to stop playing as the victim and actually start doing something about it.

You needed help, and I realized that within the first few days, and I tried with my previous experience as staff, but you weren't willing to open up and listen.

You think this is all about QQing. You're wrong. It's about your inefficient use of power and time on your server. Actions (or lack of actions, in this case) cause reactions. As a result, don't convince yourself that you didn't have anything to do with this failure.

I couldn't care less about what your God thinks of me. You are far too righteous for your own good, and it showed in your management styles.

This is a game. You need to learn to have fun with it.

If anything, I insist that I am actually the good guy, here. I tried to defend the players, at first, and I tried to make things habitable for them. I wanted more out of this server in order to compete with other midrates, but you never took advice or had the initiative. When you treat a player like a joke, they start to treat both you and your server like a joke, as well.

Quote from: Megumi on Feb 13, 2013, 11:02 PM
@Triper

I was Playing WoonRO before , It just happened i made a mistake [mixed sprite] when i created the Lite Client . I don't intend to copy Gold coins beside WoonRo are using all Official Sprites , No Customs.

:)

The WoonRO Gold Coin thing was an example of duplicated content from other sources and true incapability of proper and thorough testing. Revising the itemdesctable.txt is a very elementary step in pre-release development, especially for pre-renewal servers. This server was not developed well, at all, and the blame lies only on yourself and your staff for this, with capitalization on the point made previously, considering you did, in fact, have a beta testing period. And there were so many custom sprites on this client, it's not even funny.

The issue wasn't ever about breaking any rules. The issue was that this server is and was inhabitable, and your enforcement methods were irrational. Of course players will get tense. Saiku mentioned the issue with Face getting banned, and that was the first indication of "gm injust0s" and your difficulty with managing players.

In order to provide better context, according to Face, this was what occurred in main right before the perma-ban was issued...

You don't know how to distinguish and interpret what is constructive, playful, or impatient, and in contrast what is intentionally malicious (and to the extent of deserving punishment). The only instance where action should be taken is if people are being truly malicious in a way deserving of a ban. Unfortunately, you seem to always react excessively defensively. If you think a well-timed "nigga, dats kawaii <3' in main is racist, or the word f***" is extensively vulgar in today's society, please, get off your high horse and loosen up. Nobody really cares that much (as reflected by the fact that there were never any real player reports filed against any of us), and you shouldn't either. Lighthearted trolling is often what makes online games worth playing. CarebearRO in today's gaming environment is a recipe for failure.

You put yourself in the spotlight when you can't handle the heat. That's all there is to it, and that is why this server has failed.

Again, you're not in any, way, shape, or form a victim. You did this to yourself (and your server and its players). Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

-Reality

P.S. Uhh... So I noticed you haven't posted a closure thread on LiberationRO forums yet. Hmm...

Fruit Pie~

Quote from: Megumi on Feb 13, 2013, 11:02 PM
@Triper

I dunno why you'd think we have anything against hearing your side of the story. Hell, I want to hear it because those screenshots show you making a fool of yourself and surely no GMs can be like that in RO in anno domini 2013, not after the storied history of player posts here in RMS.

You have to understand that God has a notoriously shaky internet connection, so he can't post here to tell us the truth.

Daletos

Honestly, I have really no place in this server's affairs or what really happened. But I will weigh in on a few things. I have played with this crowd before on a few servers, so I generally know/remember them and how they act etc. And I can say that I am no different than them. I like to fool around and have fun with friends in RO as it is a SOCIAL game as well. But lately there seems to be a rise of these "CareBear" type servers which baffle me at most. This is the internet, let alone an MMO so what do these GMs expect? All I keep seeing is GMs policing their servers non-stop about stupid things like "BANNED FOR CAUSING DRAMA" and etc. Again I don't see why GMs need to involve themselves in every aspect of players. Conflict is always going to arise among players and its natural so let it be by letting players deal it with themselves, or intervene if  necessary in cases in which the RULES are broken and it gets out of hand.

Now regarding this server, you (Megumi) have posted no evidence at all and keep claiming they have broken rules with no proof. And from the screenshots they posted, I looked at the chat. To me all I see is a group of friends chatting and enjoying themselves. I myself have conversations like that in RO and that's what makes the social part of RO enjoyable to me. As long as people are just messing around and having a good time together, I don't see why they should be punished for things like that. If no one is being offended or bothered (simply ask them if it is), then who cares? This is a game. Is it not entertainment? And if its all in good fun that should be the purpose. Of course no one likes actual drama (I think), but all these new servers lately seem to be forgetting this. Yes in response to that there are RULES and yes people should follow them. But in this case from what you posted on yours forums for the reasons they were banned, I barely see any connection to them. Or even a warning, let alone asking them to stop whatever they are doing.

I did play the server very briefly for like two days or so and checked the rules page. And this is what they were banned for taken from the Liberation RO forums:

1. Respect your fellow player. [Penalty Mute/Jail/Ban] 
2. Respect and obey the Gm Staff . [Penalty Mute/Jail/Ban]
3. Only use English on #main. [Penalty Mute/Jail]
6. Do NOT use obscene names. You are responsible for the meaning of the names you choose. [Penalty Jail/Ban]
8. Do NOT spam chats or skills in towns. It's annoying to everyone. [Penalty Mute/Jail]
24. Do Not harass or start arguments that can cause drama to any of the Staffs and Admins.
we have a forum discuss it in an orderly manner. [Penalty Jail/Ban]
25. Do not use any obscene language on #main or use any racist remarks. [Warning/Mute/Penalty Jail/Ban]

From this list again, these are thing I put into the "drama category" which is something that is not fixed. You can't be like "oh this person botted, this is wrong so they are banned" with regards to things like this. As Reality said in previous post you have to look at it as playful, joking, actually serious, malicious etc. and decide appropriately and logically which it is. The internet lacks emotion, sometimes we get lost in translation. Sometimes people are sarcastic, and it goes right over my head and so on. And Megumi also did not seem to allow them to repeal on the forums since he banned them as mentioned in #24 and didn't seem to ask them to stop or enforce the rules. YOU as a GM need to remember you are human. We all make mistakes, we all are imperfect. Just because you are the administrator, server owner, server dictator whatever, you need to realize that your opinion is not always the right one and be fair and unbiased when examining facts and data. I don't know why its so hard to find GMs with these abilities and capacities to admit sometimes they are wrong instead of riding power trips. Its nice its your server, and yes you can do what you want, but don't expect players to put up with it. You need us, we don't need you. There are tons of servers out there. And in response, shouldn't you consider your player base? If they have suggestions and ideas you should listen to them and respect them just as they are opted to do for you. They wrote a review and gave you criticism (and its not too far off from what I experienced) so have the respect and dignity to take it and improve instead of throwing a tantrum like all the other GM's claiming they can take criticism when they simply cannot.

And if you want the answer. They are playful. These guys are just messing around and having fun as I stated earlier. And I can say from my own experience with them is simply that they are here to play the game and enjoy themselves. RO (or rather private servers) are built on their communities and the interactions that take place. To me that is what makes a server. Like I said as long as everyone is having a good time, is that not the point of why we play games? Additionally, by doing things like this you only dig your own grave as a GM. You lose players, damage your community, and cause chain reactions etc. Sometime as a GM you need to know when to put your foot down and stomp it hard against the ground to take a stance. There is nothing wrong with that and shows dedication and passion from an administration point, but in this case it just makes you look like a bias bigot who didn't even consider his actions or how it would impact the server or the people involved.

/rant on inexperienced GMs, criticism, terrible rule enforcement/bigotry

As the admin of the server Megumi, you need to step up and take responsibility for your actions. If you can't handle dealing with these types of situations or do not have staff that are capable of it, then simply do not launch a server or get a staff that can. Players only come to RMS with regards to GM/admins when either they did something wrong, or the server's management did itself. And lately all these GMs have been getting away with it, nice to see players fighting back for once. Power to the players <3

Inb4 accused of being a part of Reality's guild and paid to do this. And I was very bored, on uni break and needed something to do. I always get carried away with writing too much >.> (bad habit).

Anyways TLDR; GM needs to take responsibility, tips in here for all admins, enforce rules and be understanding to players.

Cawliflower

Megumi: I had players tear my server apart for my corruption back when it was started. We had barely 30 players online. I persevered, and stuck with it. We have attained, in our longevity, 400-500~ (including auto-traders). Why close it immediately? You obviously need to re-evaluate your goals and vision for the server, hire GMs to enforce rules, stay a tad bit more behind the scenes, let players talk about big penises in town, and stop playing God. Take it from someone who has been one of the worst Administrators in the RO scene but able to make successful servers with my terrible reputation following me. :)

Now on to why I posted here, Reality's group played my server. They're trolls, and we always left them alone to say what they wanted. In fact, I even participated in some of the banter at times (not in public world channels). They were a great group of players - at least, I had no issues with them. In fact, some of their guildies were/are GMs. Anyway, I really know that they meant no harm and you lost yourself a group of players... rather silly if you ask me. I really don't see why you banned them AT ALL. This game is almost 2,000 years old... it's not fun enough to be straight-edge, and super police GM with the rules.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

DivinityRO 6.9 coming soon!

Daletos

Quote from: Cawliflower on Feb 14, 2013, 12:35 AM
Megumi: I had players tear my server apart for my corruption back when it was started. We had barely 30 players online. I persevered, and stuck with it. We have attained, in our longevity, 400-500~ (including auto-traders). Why close it immediately? You obviously need to re-evaluate your goals and vision for the server, hire GMs to enforce rules, stay a tad bit more behind the scenes, let players talk about big penises in town, and stop playing God. Take it from someone who has been one of the worst Administrators in the RO scene but able to make successful servers with my terrible reputation following me. :)

Now on to why I posted here, Reality's group played my server. They're trolls, and we always left them alone to say what they wanted. In fact, I even participated in some of the banter at times (not in public world channels). They were a great group of players - at least, I had no issues with them. In fact, some of their guildies were/are GMs. Anyway, I really know that they meant no harm and you lost yourself a group of players... rather silly if you ask me. I really don't see why you banned them AT ALL. This game is almost 2,000 years old... it's not fun enough to be straight-edge, and super police GM with the rules.

I should hire you whenever I want to speak on this forum. Does it better than me and isn't 43743674376436 words long. And again one of the few times you actually contribute something useful and constructive to the topic. Thank you, its not so hard is it :P? And exactly as the Broccolihead said, this isn't the end. You didn't do anything wrong or break your server. You can fix it and patch it up to keep going, but take into account what was said in this topic. I realize I was a bit harsh in my post (if anyone even read it LOL), so I apologize. But if you wish to continue, you still can. Whats is important is to learn from your mistakes and to keep improving. Cookie probably is the greatest example of that, I don't think you can go any lower (on the RMS drama scale). But from what I heard hes making an effort and doing a great job so far and is only getting better. So if you keep that and mind, you too can move forward so just remember to always be prepared.

Dis be for everyone regarding my posts~
[edit: Triper said hi~ to you and to the not needed pic]

I'm learning too now Cookie, SEE I CAN DO IT TOO!

Cawliflower

Quote from: Daletos on Feb 14, 2013, 12:46 AM
I should hire you whenever I want to speak on this forum. Does it better than me and isn't 43743674376436 words long. And again one of the few times you actually contribute something useful and constructive to the topic. Thank you, its not so hard is it :P? And exactly as the Broccolihead said, this isn't the end. You didn't do anything wrong or break your server. You can fix it and patch it up to keep going, but take into account what was said in this topic. I realize I was a bit harsh in my post (if anyone even read it LOL), so I apologize. But if you wish to continue, you still can. Whats is important is to learn from your mistakes and to keep improving. Cookie probably is the greatest example of that, I don't think you can go any lower (on the RMS drama scale). But from what I heard hes making an effort and doing a great job so far and is only getting better. So if you keep that and mind, you too can move forward so just remember to always be prepared.
I wear my RMS Hall of Shame tag proudly. /kis

RMS HoS is like Alcoholic's Anonymous for Corrupt Admins.

"I'm a corrupt admin. I haven't been corrupt in 6 (or so) months and counting."

Off-topic: Triper & yC you guys need to make weekly meetings for us former corrupt admins to gather and speak about our accomplishments.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

Reality

Quote from: Daletos on Feb 14, 2013, 12:23 AM
You need us, we don't need you.

This is exactly what Megumi took for granted toward the end of my stay at LiberationRO.

Thank you for your contribution. I did want to point out that particular statement, though, for its relevancy.

Quote from: Cawliflower on Feb 14, 2013, 12:53 AM
Off-topic: Triper & yC you guys need to make weekly meetings for us former corrupt admins to gather and speak about our accomplishments.

If this was made public, and providing some sort of evidence or endorsement, I may have actually reconsidered DivinityRO.

-Reality

Cawliflower

Quote from: Reality on Feb 14, 2013, 01:03 AM
This is exactly what Megumi took for granted toward the end of my stay at LiberationRO.

Thank you for your contribution. I did want to point out that particular statement, though, for its relevancy.

If this was made public, and providing some sort of evidence or endorsement, I may have actually reconsidered DivinityRO.

-Reality
Done.

Megumi

@Daletos
@Cawliflower

Thank You Guys !!! I learn a lot from you ....

To all the players that was involved ...
Sorry if i was so strict , I just want to have a good community .

Anyway i need some break !

More Power and God Bless !

Cawliflower

Quote from: Megumi on Feb 14, 2013, 03:33 AM
Anyway i need some break !
That isn't fair to your community, and honestly you shouldn't have opened the server, and in three weeks "need some break." I would suggest re-considering, and using this thread as a starting point to becoming a better Administrator. There's a plethora of people, including myself, that could give you advice on what to change, and not to do. After all, this community is capable of discussing positive topics... sometimes. Ideally, we should support each other.

Triper

@answers to my "question(s)": Thx, that actually make sense now.

@regarding this, lRO, Megumi, etc:
Megumi, you're stressing more then it should be. RO pservers are to be enjoyed, not to stress people like many people said. Just organize everything better and all should be fine.

If you see that it's a lot of work into your shoulders, talk with some of the GMs and delegate some minor tasks. Heck, you can even ask and see if they want to help with some minor adds to the server that players suggested, some things are easy to do and I'm sure that a GM or two more experienced on this can do it.

If you see that there is a lot of stuff suggested and some aren't really of your "taste", ask to the community if they really want and explain your points. Make polls in game through a npc or at forum to see if everybody really even wants that.
Being a suggestion doesn't mean that it must be added right away or just because someone said it.

If there is a lot of stuff being wanted, make a topic where nobody can post with the suggestions approved and what not, the ones being discussed and the ones being worked and their priorities in terms of being added to the server so that people, at least, know that there is some work on going.

As long as you work on the server, it will be fine, you don't need to add stuff today for suggestions of tomorrow. Players today prefer a long term server then a one day trial server. Conquer your players and they will spread the love around.

Just because someone does stuff at 120KM/H doesn't mean that you've to follow that too, if you still can do the same things at 40KM/H it's fine as long as they're done. Sometimes they even end being better!!

Totally not related - PoneyVilleRO > CareBearsRO nowadays unless you use the old 2D version, that was cool!!

Scafe

I love how GM banned me for nothing and after i asked him for what ban, he just replied "Go away" and after 5 second forum, account, IP ban. Tbh you could made really good mid-rate if you were just listening people what they want to see in game or what changes should be done.

@Reality, where you guys playing now?

Peace

Megumi, also banned me she wants just wants it her way she doesn't listen to suggestions, etc.