AghartaRO

Started by Veresu, Feb 28, 2013, 05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyanideKisses

Hello, Cyanide here.

I've been more or so watching the contents of the thread for the last day or so, sort of giving myself some time to absorb what is going on. I've decided now would be a good time to put my few words in, and shed light on some details that seem to be far too blown out of proportion. Along with a name drop, and the speaking of a character I'm currently playing, I feel more or less obliged to clear up some details that seem to have been twisted somehow during the conversations. The following post is by no means hostile( even if it seems to be. It's just how I speak.), and I hold no ill will towards the original poster, and there of.

--------

Quote from: Verasu
Newbies are also required to be in the server's IRC, which is a usual thing for an RP server. However, it's fair warning to say that there will be a bit of hazing. It has happened to me before, but I was able to drone out the problem and not let it bother me. However, for others, it can be a real problem. The IRC itself, while it does has its fair share of arguments that are eventually dealt with, having a newbie witnessing this certainly leaves a bad impression. Overall, unless you have high endurance or patience and can deal with something like this, you'd otherwise have a bad taste in your mouth.

First off, I'd like to point out that the current main IRC channel in use for Agharta is not, in any ways required. It is there for the convenience of the people, and you are not forced to be there. The forums work just as fine, as the server Admin, St's, and a handful of players are, in fact, active on them. Secondly, I believe we're all misusing the word hazing here. While it does happen that we may or may not give lip to one another, new or not, it is almost never without reason or provocation. As for the arguments that occur on the Irc, I'll have to agree. They do happen, but they would also happen anywhere; I'd also like to point out that the arguments that's mostly occur on the irc are short, and brief. And are never truly serious, as the two or so people who may be involved are usually talking like friends in a matter of minutes afterwards. If anything, the arguments may turn off newcomers, but our clearly evident element of mutual forgiveness and understanding should be just as inviting.

--------------------

Quote from: VerasuBut even then, the events usually involve veteran players, again, going back to the clique cliche again. This leaves newbies being left out and having no involvement whatsoever. I myself tried to join some of these events, but even then, one particular ST seems to have some form of favoritism and only selects certain people.

I personally believe that referring to any group of certain players in our current player-base as a "Clique" is slightly unfair for you to really do. We're a small community, barely consisting of 20. Some knowing each other going on about 8 years From what I understand. If anything I would personally consider the lot of us as family. While it may be frustrating to you, as a newcomer, to see all of us so close; and not immediately be cued on in, but you also have to come to understand what it came along with.

To be honest, I felt the exact same way when I joined. It wasn't until I personally took it upon myself to put myself forward, and actively Participate in events, and sway them. People became interested in my characters, and thusly wanted to role play with me. Quick question, would you willingly roleplay with a character you find to be "Just there" as you put it? No, you'd want to roleplay with the character that is doing something, at the given time, that could impact your characters story. (At least, that's how I believe most would see it.) So, to agree with what Edgewood said, you do have to put forth an effort. Geckiji is a perfect example. He put himself forward, and we recognized for it.  We're not here to hand everyone what they want on Silver platters. As for the GM you're referring too, I'm going to blast the whole "Favoritism" thing out of the water right now. This ST and I butt heads way too much IC'ly and ooc'ly for any favoritism to even legitimately be claimed upon. If we were any closer, we'd share a body. Yet, she doesn't come to me, or play favorites with me whatsoever. Hell, every character of mine that is incarcerated, was because she didn't show this "Favoritism".     

--------------

Moving onto some other things I feel need to be addressed.

Quote from: Uke
There's also the fact that racist language was used both in the IRC and in-game (in the OOC room, of course). It may have been funny to the person who issued the comment, but calling my character a "sandbaby" is racist and not cute nor is it "cool". As a person of color in real life, I felt it distasteful and not funny. There ARE characters who are racist against others in-game due to the lore (I played a Mu, a dark elf, in the game who were often wary of elves [who are white] and vice versa) but this shouldn't even be acceptable in game. It's offensive and because it was an OOC comment, it can be taken as a personal slight. This same person continued to harass myself and my boyfriend in the OOC room and then decided to take it to the IRC.

I'm generally against name dropping, but what Cyanide did was extremely annoying and offensive. Bragging about "pissing someone off" in the OOC room in the IRC is immature. Grow up. She is an extreme turn off to the entire community.

Originally, I wasn't really going to really write a reply to this. It's an in character racial slur, that is used in the game. There's racism in the world. We're all slightly racist. Claiming otherwise would be complete tomfoolery.  Though, this does not par sey make it "Right" to do, I do personally believe you blew this on out of proportion.

As for my comments in the OOC room regarding the Peco having Decals. That's called playful banter. it's what I do, it's a part of my personality; and I wont apologize for being me. I also thought you were another player, in which I joke like this quite frequently. I'll also like to add that the whole "Bragging in the irc about it" wasn't so much as bragging, as it was "Okay well, I pissed this person off. Perhaps I'll go do this." You decided to feel attacked, and you decided to take that the way you did. And I'll state it again, I wont apologize for being me, simple as that. But, on another note, I will apologize for the fact you clearly felt like you were being attacked, which I will put my hand over my heart and say, was not my intention.

"She is an extreme turn off to the entire community."

I'll admit. This hit me quite hard. I'm sure quite a large amount of our player-base can stand behind me when I say I'm more than likely one of, if not the most, welcoming, understanding, and kind-hearted people in this community. When Geckiji wrote:

"I have been at Agharta for nearly two weeks now and have yet to see or experience many of the problems you have detailed. My first experience with Agharta, in fact, was logging into the IRC to ask some questions and having one of the people there ask if I would like to be shown around Agharta firsthand."

He was referring to me, and something I run called, "The Agharta Server Tour" In which I go in game with new players and personally show them around, teach them basic lore, and answer any question they may have; and give them a "Newbie pack" of things I collect on my own free time. While you nor your boyfriend/girlfriend ever got this, this was only because you two joined the IRC while I was at work. And even then, I offered it to the both of you. I've offered it to every new player, and always will. End of story.

-----

The following is something I think seriously needs to be cleared up.

QuoteI agree - but it seemed to be a common theme to have prostitutes and child sex slaves as roleplay characters. One player herself had a twelve year old girl be a part of a sex slave ring (??); something else I felt was uncomfortable and not really relevant, nor did it seem to be really elaborated on because somehow, her character still managed to have her "childhood" and was a relatively happy-go-lucky kid.

I firstly want to point out that this information is rather incorrect. The way you've written this is left to imply to readers that the character in question, (Most likely Nazka) is currently still being sexual abused, and sold around in a slave market. This is wrong, and this statement would have been wrong no matter when you had written it.

Nazka went through that OOC'ly, as in; before she was created. It was never roleplayed, but was developed upon to a point in which I felt it was okay to give her the "Childhood" and "Happy go lucky" Nazka you've come to meet up with today. Here's a little breakdown.

I've been a member of Agharta for nearly two years. Nazka's past happened before I played her Ic'ly. Over the two years, or nearing, of my membeship, I've logged Over 2000 hours of Rp on Nazka alone. How do I know this?

Agharta serves what we call Kafra points. You get ten points an hour. I've accumulated over 27k points on this character alone. Most of which was pure character development and constructive roleplaying.

Since the creation of Nazka, She's been:

Adopted by a great family who loves her
Has been in psychotherapy since
Literally has over 13 In-Character people who supported her for the last two years.

While playing Nazka's storyline, I have been refering to this link:

Click Here

For the advancement, and healing of my character. I have role-played this character through this healing process, some steps multiple times, ove the course of two years. With this in mind, as tea wrote I'm no Vladimir Nabokov. I never will be, I'll never claim to be either. But I chose the background with the intent on realistically roleplaying through the healing process no matter where it landed me. With this all said, I personally believe that my character was written to the best of my extent, and I'm personally happy with where she is now. You're blatant claims of her being a Current sex slave, seemed to be one of the main things driving this thread where it was going. I hope this information clears some things up.

I may or may not be back to speak a bit more. But honestly, I probably wont be. I probably wont even look at this thread again now that I put my input. But, off record:

@Tea&Co

While I happen to agree with some of the things written by the original poster, and his companion; I do believe Agharta is being slightly underhanded in terms of what and who were really are. While I am fully aware you don't seem interested at all, I would honestly suggest coming in and seeing for yourself, before making a judgement on us based off of a few disgruntled people.

------

With this post, I'm done. I may reply to any questions or comments to this if I feel they're not hostile, otherwise you'll get nothing from me but a chuckle and quick skim.

RoseTea

Quote from: CyanideKisses on Mar 04, 2013, 02:46 PM@Tea&Co
While I happen to agree with some of the things written by the original poster, and his companion; I do believe Agharta is being slightly underhanded in terms of what and who were really are. While I am fully aware you don't seem interested at all, I would honestly suggest coming in and seeing for yourself, before making a judgement on us based off of a few disgruntled people.
I'd just like to correct this for you: We aren't assuming these things based off the OP and their friend.  We're assuming them based off Edgewood and other Argatha players who have come to "defend" the server.  The post that started the thread was merely a minor curiosity, but the posts to "counter" it are what turned me off entirely.

However, I have a few things I'd like to speak with you about.  Probably better to make it not public (You admit you might never read this, and Lord knows this thread is already way off the deep end), you can PM me here or I'll try and find you on Agharta itself.

Fake Edit: It's nothing toxic or drama-y or whatever, or even really about Nazka, I wish to chat with you on a good-will basis.

Edgewood

Quote from: RoseTea on Mar 04, 2013, 08:25 PM
...I'd just like to correct this for you: We aren't assuming these things based off the OP and their friend.  We're assuming them based off Edgewood and other Argatha players who have come to "defend" the server....

I've written the most venomous of all responses to this thread. Are you sure you want to drink the Kool-Aid and continue to think that our community is horrible just because of one unapologetic a******?

CyanideKisses

Quote from: RoseTea on Mar 04, 2013, 08:25 PM
I'd just like to correct this for you: We aren't assuming these things based off the OP and their friend.  We're assuming them based off Edgewood and other Argatha players who have come to "defend" the server.  The post that started the thread was merely a minor curiosity, but the posts to "counter" it are what turned me off entirely.

However, I have a few things I'd like to speak with you about.  Probably better to make it not public (You admit you might never read this, and Lord knows this thread is already way off the deep end), you can PM me here or I'll try and find you on Agharta itself.

Fake Edit: It's nothing toxic or drama-y or whatever, or even really about Nazka, I wish to chat with you on a good-will basis.

I would suppose I worded that a bit oddly, PM Sent.