LiberationRO.

Started by Reality, Feb 13, 2013, 05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artemsis

QuoteGM SloMo, who was I believe our developer (y'know, the one who couldn't figure out how to allow dual clienting? Yeah! That one!

Oh yesh. I know that dude just too good. He was working for BitRO (but named himself Cupcake), until we fired him for incompetency. By the way, he was also causing lots of drama, so lets see whats coming next.

Very good review in detail. Im sorry for you that your have been wasting your time. Good luck on your new one, hope this wont be a bad luck pick ;)

Regards,
Micha

PS: Be careful! SloMo is a master in editing screenshots and faking forum messages.  Without a doubt Im just waiting for something like "oh, really? I got a screenshot with you saying I suck and all!" Wouldnt be anything new from him.

Peanut

Welcome Back Artemsis,
I never said i'm the Developer.
But i don't care about mad players.
So have a nice day

Regards,

SloMo

Scafe

Funny part that you can allow "dual clients" just by hexing .exe ... ohh right about this server Anti-cheat shield? No wonder he's free... because he doesn't work. Tooked 1 minute to find way to by pass that thing which also makes lag too.

Mira

Quote from: Scafe on Feb 14, 2013, 06:08 AM
I love how GM banned me for nothing and after i asked him for what ban, he just replied "Go away" and after 5 second forum, account, IP ban. Tbh you could made really good mid-rate if you were just listening people what they want to see in game or what changes should be done.

@Reality, where you guys playing now?

As far as I know, we're not playing anywhere as of now. As said in earlier pages, Reality (and myself to an extent) is helping develop a mid-rate for now. We're open to suggestions. feel free to PM me if you want more details, since we're not allowed to advertise (:c)

Ontopic;
Megumi, I do have to give you credit on one thing; no u gained a bunch of members.  /lv

Anyway, good luck in the future and I really do hope this helped you learn some things.

Half off-topic;
I remember suggesting @guildskill and the suggestion got accepted... does @guildskill say that it's an "Unknown Command" if you're not in BG? 'cause if not, last time I checked, it still wasn't implemented. D: excuse me if I'm wrong though.

Reality

Quote from: SloMo on Feb 14, 2013, 09:35 AM
Welcome Back Artemsis,
I never said i'm the Developer.
But i don't care about mad players.
So have a nice day

Regards,

SloMo

I guess you don't particularly learn from criticism either.

-Reality

Harmony

Megumi you better not be giving up on the server. Not when there are still people who want to play it. So you made a few mistakes, so what? Everyone does its a part of life you just need to take them and learn from them. Originally I was going to post about the bans on my guildmates but I saw that they handled that well enough.
Megumi, Liberation has the potential to be a great server but not if you give up on it. I logged on the forum and saw people asking what was going on with the server. you would not get that if there was not at least a few people who enjoyed their time there.
You keep thinking about all the things you did wrong you didn't even look at any of the things you did right. You have a good head on your shoulders Megumi, use it.
Dont get me wrong though I'm still mad about you banning them like that but I did have fun on the server. dont take that chance from the others.
Now to the others reading this. Megumi can be understanding so don't let my guildmates points be your only impression of him though they didn't lie. He is willing to be flexible with the rules when the situation calls for it or when its requested within reasonable ground. Sure he can be stubborn but from what I know most guys are like that at times at least. And he is willing to joke around with players sometimes.
Impressions are usually decided so quickly that a lot of people don't get to know all the sides of someone. They just judge them, a lot of times that's based on the opinion of others as well.
and to my guildmates I love you guys and will see you on raidcall when I'm not swamped with everything.
/kis Ciao miei amici

Scafe

Where you playing Harmony?

Harmony

im between servers for a few days to deal with some things

Riku

I actually played on this server a little bit too (my characters were named Slash or Sol), and when I joined I believe it was one of Reality's group that helped me out by giving me a few items to start with. That was the only contact I had with them though, I mostly kept to myself unless they asked me to party with them in Devil Square. From what I saw, there were a few people starting a crapload of racist drama from what looked like the WoE times the staff had decided on, which were ridiculous for Americans in school or who had work (it would have been extremely late at night/early in the morning for us). However the ones starting the drama were that other guild with a similar name, but Megumi banned Reality's guild instead. If I'm wrong please correct me (with proof), I'm only speaking from what I saw firsthand.

On a side note, one of the things I found most amusing was how fiercely they enforced their rules of behavior and/or language abuse, despite turning OFF their chat filters.

Lastly Reality when your server is done, shoot me a PM if you would. I've been looking for a decent MR to start playing too.  :)

Saiku

Quote from: Megumi on Feb 14, 2013, 03:33 AM
@Daletos
@Cawliflower

Thank You Guys !!! I learn a lot from you ....

To all the players that was involved ...
Sorry if i was so strict , I just want to have a good community .

Anyway i need some break !

More Power and God Bless !

Is this what you mean by taking a break?

I'm sorry Megumi, but opening a new server with a different GM name won't make any differences.

Next time, if you want to make a new server with different GM name, change the content of your server & forum rules, GRF content before you open another one.

Now maybe all of you wondering. How the **** you know this. Simple.

Let's compare Megumi's new server and LiberationRO's forum rules.

http://imaginaryro.com/forum/index.php?topic=7.0
http://liberationro.com/forum/index.php?topic=81.0

Sorry Megumi. That is an exact replica of forum rules. Before you suddenly become smart, I have the screenshot of both forum rules. So don't even try to edit them and claim that you didn't open this server.

Now, let's compare their server rules!

http://imaginaryro.com/forum/index.php?topic=8.0
http://liberationro.com/forum/index.php?topic=14.0

I'm sorry. Am I mistaken with your forum rules? I believe those are the same exact rules.

Okay now let's move on to your GRF content. I'm sorry for publishing this but I think I had to.

ImaginaryRO: http://puu.sh/25jCq

LiberationRO: http://puu.sh/25jz1

So like. What now. I'm sure that's the same exact GRF you used for LiberationRO. Oh wait. I remember, you re-use your GRFs. My bad.
(Not to mention half of those grf files is not needed for your server, makes it horrible)

@any admin/mod. This is obviously related to Megumi's defense where he stated that he's taking a "break".

Cookie only plx

@Cookie, seems that you've changed. I'm so sorry about what I did before. Not to mention it was a childish action :v. Sorry about that =P
[close]

Daletos

Interesting find Saiku, and I have to agree......

Megumi, you basically had two choices with regards to your server:
1. Continue with Liberation RO as it is and hope to improve it etc. as Cookie said or;
2. Close down, take an extended break and reevaluate whether you want to run a server or not, and decide if you want to reconstruct your server with attention given to the rules and server data from the criticism in this thread.

Instead, you randomly decide to open a new server in like 4 days..... That is not really taking a break, let alone as Saiku pointed it out it seems you also didn't really change anything or come to any conclusions. I don't see why you would do this when it only makes you look more immature and unqualified to be a GM by not accepting criticism and trying to hide/erase it by not taking responsibility. If you wanted to continue at being a GM, then you should have kept Liberation open and stuck through it as all admins do instead of running away cowardly due to your reputation. And quite honestly this wasn't that bad of an issue as say corruption or anything severe, and could have been worked out and taken to consideration, at least I thought. But by doing this stunt, I now have to completely agree with all the ex-players of Liberation RO and their claims as well as you being very discreditable.

Additionally as others have said in this thread, what about the playerbase that was still playing Liberation? You essentially just tossed them to the side and abandoned them. As Mira pointed out there were still people interested in the server and now have to find a new home >.>.

Lastly, I just checked Liberation's CP and it shows people are online. But is that connect to the new server "Imaginary RO" or are there now two servers up? If so then I apologize for the Liberation claim, although this is still distasteful and shady.

Mira

Yep, they're definitely the same. http://liberationro.com/flux/?module=character&action=online and http://imaginaryro.com/cp/?module=character&action=online both show the same people, same guilds, etc.

Daletos made a good point. You either continue Liberation or start FRESH, which does not mean copy pasting everything, it means re-writing everything, double checking grammar with moderators (honestly, Megumi, you can admit that English is not your forte, but it seems that other people that are part of staff seem to be decent, if not good at it) and just fixing up the server in general.

Quote from: Daletos on Feb 19, 2013, 09:47 PM
Additionally as others have said in this thread, what about the playerbase that was still playing Liberation? You essentially just tossed them to the side and abandoned them. As Mira pointed out there were still people interested in the server and now have to find a new home >.>.

I don't think I said that, it was Harmony~ Anyway, I'm pretty sure he told a few people because I can recognize a few names and definitely 1 guild (unless it's a different guild with the same emblem...?) It didn't seem like he made it public though, so this "imaginaryRO" was definitely attempting to erase the past... unsuccessfully, it seems..

Daletos

Quote from: Mira on Feb 19, 2013, 10:05 PM
I don't think I said that, it was Harmony~ Anyway, I'm pretty sure he told a few people because I can recognize a few names and definitely 1 guild (unless it's a different guild with the same emblem...?) It didn't seem like he made it public though, so this "imaginaryRO" was definitely attempting to erase the past... unsuccessfully, it seems..

Whoops, sorry lol. I was going off of my memory so I thought it was you, and was too lazy to scroll up and check :(. So my mistake Harmony. Anyways this is an interesting turn of events.

Sucasa123

QuoteYep, they're definitely the same.

Yeah, it is obvious that Megium has destroyed LRO. But he/she has nothing to do with ImaginaryRO. It's a fresh start! You know, there are still people that play ImaginaryRO. Some old LRO players, some new players.. This is not helping us gain players. ^^

D_oracle

First of i agree with all the criticism  all of you have made to Megumi, but, i think everyone deserves a second chance. Maybe the no u guild didn't want to give that chance but the rest of the community did. We asked for a wipe and a redo in exchange for a more open minded staff which until now has been very attentive to our opinions about the new server.

I agree that the ban of members of the no u guild was a bit too much, but i don't think this is a good enough reason to make a personal vendetta to sabotage the success of ImaginaryRO. Specially , as many of  the no u members have stated, utter dislike and honestly not wanting to have anything to do with Megumi or LRO. Further more,  it was stated that you were all ready contemplating leaving the server before  the ban issue. Also, the comments about the development of a new server by Reality is even more reason to just leave alone the issue with ImaginaryRO and its server development.

I think that this issue should be left alone and that each party  goes their separate ways (we taking care of our server and reality and his friends developing their new server).  Because frankly the whole thread has become more attention seeking than problem solving.

Nephy