What happen?

Started by wtfuxx, Sep 10, 2009, 04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wtfuxx

Lost~Dreams

[color=green]Your/You're.

I did ask to keep this thread clean and mature.., don't go there by bypassing the filter + calling people names.

456450456884649856 day warn Ps. I love you Lost~Dreams -Relics[/color]

yC

it was suspended.

There was an incentive topic reported to us yesterday.  Shortly after it was suspended the topic was editted.  Me and a couple people including a staff saw it.  Screenshot was taken. 

Kind of weird to me but that's what happened.

Zone

Yep, I saw it as well, I forget the incentive, but that's what screenshots are for.

wtfuxx

flaku

i wish there was more proof besides a mailed photoshopped screenshot =/

Omi

what? a lot of people saw the thread, which is why they were delisted, then they edited it AFTER they got delisted, so the proof was there...

yC

When I said I saw it and couple people saw it, that mean the topic (the URL).  Not the screenshot only.

flaku

Honestly, Its not about "wondering" if our "story" is true or not, my entire server knows it is. Accepting our "story" is not about being unfair to other servers, I mentioned more than enough prove ( more than a Photoshopped screenshot at least) to proof there has never been an incentive. This is very fishy and unexpected from Ratemyserver, I guess they got good connections after all?.

Hm excuse me but this is completely fake, My Co-admin GM Nonie had access to our Administration Panel on the forums and she made everyone admin level on the forums im sure someone editted it, that's why we changed from .com to .net last week, we got a brand new forum because ours was causing them to obatin access. Nonie and her friends have been attempting to kill DreamerRO for the last 2 weeks now and this is obviously an attempt to remove our most important source of new players.

I've been with ratemyserver with 3 different servers, DreamerRO, AncientRO and SpiritusRO and all have been ranked #1 at one point, I assure you sir, That guide was written by me, but i assure you that i have never given anyone any kind of incentive to leave ratemyserver review. I spend a lot of money on advertising on RMS, I've read the rules multiple times and I know that could get us kicked out of the list. What can i possibly do to prove to you that the topic was editted by someone else, And that I have NEVER given anyone anything for leaving a review, I have thousands of players, if i gave 5 donation credits per review i promise we would have over 500 reviews the first month.

If there is ANYTHING at all i can do to resolve this issue please let me know as soon as possible. Ratemyserver is the only website worth advertising and I have a very good reputation as server administrator, We've been ranked 1 on High rates for over 7 months now, with over 100 reviews difference, Why would I need to give people donation credits for a review?

Check how the topic has no date, the topic was posted not over 3 weeks ago, I have no need to give anyone any kind of incentive to leave a ratemyserver review when my server has almost 3 times as many reviews as the second place. Please if there is anything I can do..This is really important..

Also now looking at the real topic on my forums which is not deleted, You can see the date, and you can see it has not been editted, you can check the replies, and that the line mentioned on the SS its not even there. Please do something about this and don't let this fake-wanna-be hackers take advtange of your site.

http://hr.dreamer-ro.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=11522&pid=49469&st=0&#entry49469
thats the link to the topic

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Haze -DreamerRO <[email protected]> wrote:

Also, was this Screenshot taken by you or the person who sent it? Sir, please look into this with care, we're being set up here. Take your time to do some investigation, but don't let a simple screenshot ruin the hard work we've put in in the last 9 months.

Important Facts that might help.
        -Nonie (the second post, as sala) you can see she's a Guest and not Co-admin or even member, She's responsable for the hackings on the forums/website/server. And was fired, since then she's been trying to ruin DreamerRO, hence why we moved to a new webhost/domain/everything.

-Note how there is no date on the Screenshot, it was posted on August 25, 2009. By this date my server had almost 3 times as many reviews as rank 2, No need for us to give any incentive to get more reviews. We get #1 fair and square.

-Note how you -just- got informed of this not even a week after the co-admin was banned, server/forums got hacked. We've been #1 for the last 7 months, Im sure you would have heard anything if this is how we got our reviews.

- If i gave donations for a simple review, I wouldn't even need a guide or need to ask them for their support, trust me my players would be flooding your site leaving reviews and we would have over 500 reviews in one month, for sure.

-This might not be prove enough, i understand but look at all the players replies, nobody mentions any account name, that is how we give out donations, Nobody asks for any reward, barely anyone is posting on the topic. And the topic does NOT mention any kind of reward. Not sure if the picture is Photoshopped, or if they modified the topic and then changed it back.

- This topic explains what happened with our Co-Admin posted on September 2, 2009. As you can see everything I've mentioned about our ex Co-admin is true, and she's been trying to kill DreamerRO ever since. http://hr.dreamer-ro.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=11586
        and this is the real RMS Guide Topic shown on the screenshot http://hr.dreamer-ro.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=11522&pid=49469&st=0&#entry49469

I beg you to please look into all the details and not only a simple screenshot. DreamerRO is a very respectable server and I know the RMS rules punish those who give rewards for votes/reviews.

Thank you and I hope this gets resolved.

Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:21:16 -0400

Subject: Re: Advertising
    To: [email protected]

Hello,

The screenshot I sent you was from the reporter, attached to an email to me.  I was looking at the topic yesterday and I too took a screenshot.  I shown the topic to a few people (staff & forum members) that was online at the moment and we all saw the incentive given.

You can argue it was setup by someone you know.  We have no reason to ignore that it could be the case as you described.  However, the information was found under your forum name and under your forum.  It does not make the evident any less valid than other cases we have dealt with.  It would be unfair to many other servers that was banned for a forum incentive topic found and reported to us before.  If we take your story into consideration and not theirs.

Unfortunately, I can't think of anything that will help your case at the moment.

[email protected]

Omi

QuoteYou can argue it was setup by someone you know.  We have no reason to ignore that it could be the case as you described.  However, the information was found under your forum name and under your forum.  It does not make the evident any less valid than other cases we have dealt with.  It would be unfair to many other servers that was banned for a forum incentive topic found and reported to us before.  If we take your story into consideration and not theirs.

We saw the thread, it wasn't a case of the screenshot, we went to the url ourselves and saw that an incentive was being given.

flaku

Did you bother reading whats been going on? Honestly our Admin Panel shows NOBODY logged into any Admin account. So if you say this is true and the topic actually mentioned an incentive given, the it is very likely they used a Moderator or GM account on the forums, They do have a full backup and they have a ton of friends in our staff. Honestly the evidence is more than enough to know we got set up, your just not into doing anything about it.

Metafalica

When replies like "Did you bother" start to occur then it starts to get rude. Perhaps a little professionalism should be kept here, or else people will just dismiss your entire argument as ignorant and unworthy of the time you're asking people to take out of their day to review your claim.

flaku

True enough, And I apologize for this. But when a server has worked hard for 9 months and suddenly get kicked off because of some weird business we need some professionalism back and at least look at the case instead of avoiding looking at the evidence because "believing our story" would be unfair to other servers.

Understand that this situation is very aggravating for me, Getting kicked off rank 1 over something like this and I cant seem to do anything about it?

Omi

Put it this way.

Logs can be fabricated.  Panel logs can be deleted.   Backups can be edited.   What we saw is what we're going with, because it's a delicate situation.  If we gave you a second chance, we'd have to unban everyone because it wouldn't be fair to them; for all we know, they could have been edited posts in the first place if the same happened to you guys.

QuoteHonestly the evidence is more than enough to know we got set up, your just not into doing anything about it.

Okay then what evidence, from the e-mail, shows you were set up?

QuoteNonie (the second post, as sala) you can see she's a Guest and not Co-admin or even member, She's responsable for the hackings on the forums/website/server. And was fired, since then she's been trying to ruin DreamerRO, hence why we moved to a new webhost/domain/everything.

Irrelevant information; could be used as a scapegoat.

QuoteAlso now looking at the real topic on my forums which is not deleted, You can see the date, and you can see it has not been editted, you can check the replies, and that the line mentioned on the SS its not even there.
QuoteThis might not be prove enough, i understand but look at all the players replies, nobody mentions any account name

You do know you can just not make "post edited" lines not show up on a post, correct?   Replies could have been deleted too.  Insufficent proof.

Quotehttp://hr.dreamer-ro.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=11586

Not related to reviews.   Irrelevant information.

Nothing in the e-mails suggests that the thread was definately edited, there is only lots of server-related information that could leave possibilities, but then again there have been other cases aswell.

For a big server only suspended for 2 weeks, you could easily just get the reviews back within the first day of being back on if you really tried.

Pixxel

'sup.

I play DreamerRO for 2-3 months now, but I've just recently written my review (I think it was last Tuesday or Wednesday).

I can confirm that there's no incentive given out by the staff or by anyone for writing reviews.

A former staff member from Dreamer who got fired is on her personal hate spree and trying to bring down the server, we already had a 10 day rollback thanks to her and many other problems.

PS: @Nonie, f*** off, let it go and get a life or something. You really have nothing better to do than this? Hell go work out or something fat donkey.