What happen?

Started by wtfuxx, Sep 10, 2009, 04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omi

QuoteI can confirm that there's no incentive given out by the staff or by anyone for writing reviews.

Doesn't work like that. 

flaku

You do know you can just not make "post edited" lines not show up on a post, correct?   Replies could have been deleted too.  Insufficient proof.

Can you go check if you see any "Edited on" on my topic then? Cause as of right now I dont see any and we supposedly edited it back?

Like I said nothing I say will be taken into consideration because it could all be edited, but a 1 day message apparently has no reason to be edited.

I guess we'll start over

DaBigchamp

I play on DRO myself, and I left a review.....never.....ever got any donation credits for leaving a review. All we got was a server wide broadcast saying thank you.

Also, I was there when the server was hacked. All accounts were Admin, and Nonie did hack DRO. As I've heard it was personal vendetta against the Admin and to get people to play on her server.

Pixxel

Quote from: Omi on Sep 11, 2009, 01:49 PM
Doesn't work like that. 

K, so how many Dreamer players do you need to post here to make it "work like that"?

@HaZe since you're not reading what I PMed you ingame, how about go to the Admin CP. There should be logs of "last forum actions" by GMs or something like that, that should be enouhg proof to show who edited or didn't edit this and that.

flaku

Didn't you hear? Logs can be edited? they said up there.

Pixxel

Lol k, logs can be edited but screenshots of whatever Nonie posted can't? f*** it, I feel with you HaZe but it seems there's nothing we can do unless more people post here to tell the truth.

Omi

It's a delicate situation.   You can;t just unban a server because players says stuff doesn't happen, that means RMS would be one pile of corrupt servers since it just takes players to say "DOESN'T HAPPEN HERE NOPE".

QuoteCan you go check if you see any "Edited on" on my topic then? Cause as of right now I dont see any and we supposedly edited it back?

Thats what I meant by "Post edited".

The reason we go with what we saw is because we saw what we saw.   We have our evidence, beyond that it's a tricky situation.

QuoteFor a big server only suspended for 2 weeks, you could easily just get the reviews back within the first day of being back on if you really tried.

Zone

The point is, WE saw the incentive on the pages, both for the low rate and the high rate.
If someone who you gave the ability to change your messages does that, they are considered forum staff, which is technically server staff.
So, your server staff offered incentives for reviews. Your staffs actions can get the entire server punished.
This is just how it is.

You may have been "set up" but it was your staff that you hired that did it.
Quote from: Pixxel on Sep 11, 2009, 02:00 PM
Quote from: Omi on Sep 11, 2009, 01:49 PM
Doesn't work like that.  

K, so how many Dreamer players do you need to post here to make it "work like that"?

@HaZe since you're not reading what I PMed you ingame, how about go to the Admin CP. There should be logs of "last forum actions" by GMs or something like that, that should be enouhg proof to show who edited or didn't edit this and that.
No amount of users can change it, honestly, you could have 10k players join RMS and say the same thing, and I wouldn't give a f***. It's the rules.

If it was someone who you fired, you should have removed their position before backing up or after restoring.
You have no one but yourself to blame for leaving yourself open to this.

You don't get it.
Several people saw with their own eyes the exact thread, NOT the screenshot.

mutsumi69

You want evidence? Ok we can give you logs of our malicious intrusions (which happen to be federal offenses by US law). We can give you 400+ player eye witness's of us being hacked, forums, sql, and website. And each player will tell you the same story of what happend and how much damage they did. In a police investigation, this is very valid proof of an event that occurred. I lost 3 days of sleep restoring and fixing Dreamers security, 2 of those days, they kept getting through, until I deleted our forum files (not sql), and finally stopped them (using an exploit in the forums files to gain sql access).

Oh wait, I could do all that, but as you said, logs can be edited, sql can be edited, backups can be edited. Well? If thats true, then what you guys saw on the forums "as your enough proof" could have been edits by the hackers too, to set us up and get revenge... You know it can go both ways with what could be done. Also another interesting fact to point out. 5 Donation Credits for a review? 5 Donation credits isn't worth anything, wont get you anything, so it doesn't make sense to post such a stupid incentive. Let alone how could we have been keeping track of our players posting reviews? It's impossible to keep track of all those things, let alone impossible to setup an automated system to link RMS to our RO servers donation system. Another thing I would like to point out, that seems suspicious, is how could we have possibly known when you guys got screenshots of this alleged post, and then conveniently have that post edited before we even found out we were banned for what ever reason/posts?

After being on RMS for so long, and supporting RMS with our hard earned money, by purchasing advertising spots. Why can you guys put 2 and 2 together and give us the benefit of the doubt?

martdiko

i play Dreamer-RO has been 4-5 months... i play when Nonie hacked the server, announcement every where about hate Dreamer-RO, they summon MVP at every town, turn on the PvP at main town and many more.... i review Dreamer-RO at RMS, and i'm not get donation, because we use that donation for heal up our server, if GM give that donation just because review at RMS.... this server will not working until now, many people will abuse RMS for donate to review Dreamer isn't it?? think about it....

mutsumi69

Quote from: ★ ɀⓞϰع ⓞ∀ⓞ ฿ᶤƒᴚⓞ§Ⱦ ★ on Sep 11, 2009, 02:12 PM

If it was someone who you fired, you should have removed their position before backing up or after restoring.
You have no one but yourself to blame for leaving yourself open to this.

Actually we did remove their position, we didn't know they could hack back in using an exploit in our forums to gain access again. And yes we do have people blame, not ourselves. If it weren't for revenge driven emo kids, hiding behind thier computers, bent on taking us down over some stupid drama, this crap wouldn't have happend.

Blaze

*facepalm*

Wow, and I thought the staff of RMS had some intelligence and reason....

Riddle me this Batman... if dRO was offering "incentive" for reviews, don't you think with the 900+ players we have/had that there would be a s*** ton more reviews than the 100 or so there were (hell, I know I would've proxied my a** off, or a least used the 4+ wireless networks I can access around my home)?  Or that dRO would've been caught a LONG time before now?  Don't you think it's kinda suspicious that we get "caught" and "reported" at the same time our douchebag EX co-admin decided to completely hack and almost destroy dRO?

Simple truth of the matter is I haven't proxied my a** off or used all the other networks for multiple reviews, and neither has anyone else, because dRO is a server full of honest ppl and a honest staff, and we're just trying to have fun and enjoy the game.  I've personally left 2 reviews for dRO (I deleted my first to leave an updated review), and I've never received jack s*** for doing so, other than the satisfaction of knowing I was helping dRO to grow, just like EVERYONE else that has left a good review for dRO.

More simple truth is that this is EXACTLY the kind of s*** Nonie was going for, and you fell for it.  In fact, the only thing I "received" as a result of defending dRO was a personal attack by one of these asshats (one of them attempted to hack me personally, and I've got plenty of ppl who saw this idiot try to call me out on my location and my IP on the forums as this was all going down and can back up the story.  Unfortunately, the topic(s) were deleted by the staff in an attempt to protect the forum and the server).  

I seriously hope that this post gets to be read by and angers the staff of RMS (I'd be pissed too if I was being used as a tool), but only if for the hope that maybe it will get you to open your damn eyes, and actually look into the matter BEFORE banning a server from the board.  God knows we've probably got enough loyal players left to survive this, but a smaller, less populated server probably would not.

flaku

If you're going to completely avoid all the evidence brought up at least let us start now, i mean..374 reviews and 9 months of work is more than enough for this useless reason your bringing up.

Blaze

Quote from: flaku on Sep 11, 2009, 02:36 PM
.....374 reviews and 9 months of work ....

This is exactly my point, and a point they don't seem to either get or care about.... it would be 1000+ by now if we were being offered donation credit for reviews.  If dRO were that kind of corrupt server, what makes you think that the players wouldn't be as well?  Even my youngest son could learn easily how to proxy and find ways around the IP limits on posting reviews......

Omi

Riddle me this, Robin...  if we unsuspend you (it's only two weeks guys, for a server with 900 + players.. why are you complaining about two weeks?) then why should RMS be moderated or why should we punish people?   We're punishing dRO on the grounds of the evidence we saw (and which I reported, so NO ONE of dRO staff could have known about it) and when the server got delisted... the post "magically" changed.

All we're saying is that server drama is beyond RMS's power, and we cannot unsuspend users on on the grounds that players act up or when people don't provide HARD EVIDENCE that it was done by a hacker, which you CANNOT, so stop getting off at our heads because we acted on evidence WE SAW.

I'll say it again.. even after the two weeks is done, you still have your high playerbase, so just... get them all to review?

Quote374 reviews and 9 months

Yet 900 players... shows the loyalty there, mate.