Anyone going to play Dawn of Midgard?

Started by Finch, Dec 03, 2015, 08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humpy

I don't mean to white knight for Zinnia or anything (I don't even have any intention of playing his server; I'm just there to s***-post), but to the best of my knowledge, he never had access to the donations on ggRO, so I'm not sure what you're referring to when you talk about the donation mining. I do remember him making some suggestions in regards to the server's donations, but as far as I can recall, that's all it was. As for SactittiesRO, you would be correct in assuming there wasn't any corruption on that server. Obviously, I expect that statement to be taken with a grain of salt for reasons that I probably don't need to specify at this point.

I do recognize a couple of names on the DoM staff list (apart from Zinnia, LinkZ and Nitrous), as they used to be GM's on ggRO, but other than that, yeah, most of the staff members are unknown. Can't really say much there.

Reality

Quote from: Humpy on Dec 08, 2015, 03:33 AM
I don't mean to white knight for Zinnia or anything (I don't even have any intention of playing his server; I'm just there to s***-post), but to the best of my knowledge, he never had access to the donations on ggRO, so I'm not sure what you're referring to when you talk about the donation mining. I do remember him making some suggestions in regards to the server's donations, but as far as I can recall, that's all it was. As for SactittiesRO, you would be correct in assuming there wasn't any corruption on that server. Obviously, I expect that statement to be taken with a grain of salt for reasons that I probably don't need to specify at this point.

I do recognize a couple of names on the DoM staff list (apart from Zinnia, LinkZ and Nitrous), as they used to be GM's on ggRO, but other than that, yeah, most of the staff members are unknown. Can't really say much there.

Ayo Hump. Didn't know you were still active.

Anyway, Cookie paid everyone at least a little to keep their faith, in my experience with him, on eo and Sanctity. Soooo... Yeah.

Don't forget Euphemia's new laptop at that time. js.

Servers make a lot of dough fast. A lot. Like, a lot. Even my low pop midrates did. Otherwise, the responsibility of gg never would have been worth it. Logistically. I vouched against what he was making off Sanctity but it didn't matter. There was a lot of weird drama there due to personal relationships and I definitely still have nothing against you, Humpy. Well, besides the fact that you never signed and posted my name on your cock. ): xoxo

-Reality

P.S. Oh I back Nitrous btw. He was at least nice enough to TRY to help me get integrated RCX working on Vivid fot me, with my rA revision.

Yuzo

You make some good points there, Reality. One thing new server owners really prey on is players wanting a home, a place they feel won't close down. Each failure makes players more hesitant.

I will give this server a try but if it fails it'll probably mean me quitting RO for good. I've been hanging on for about 2 years now, not being able to find a server to play for more than a few weeks.

Humpy

QuoteDon't forget Euphemia's new laptop at that time. js.

She's been using the same laptop that she's had since before I met her. Pretty sure that didn't come from Sanctity, if that's what you're getting at. I agree that RO servers are capable of generating quite a bit of money when done right, of course. Although, if I remember correctly, ggRO didn't even make as much as DivinityRO did in its prime.

Regret

Quote from: Reality on Dec 08, 2015, 02:21 AM
Not to mention, the staff is HUGE. RO is a dead game. This is the staff size for a server of 1k, and straight up, there is no way that will happen without major email lists like Estland or massive connections like ggRO (and the critical players there besides like maybe Gojira I haven't seen on any other servers after ggRO).
-Reality

ggRO had seemingly "sufficient" staff yet everything regarding server management was handled poorly and the server remained plagued with bugs until its closing.
I'd personally rather see people working on different areas of the server and everything taken care of properly, as it seems the DoM staff will have the capabilities for, than watch another place crash and burn like ggRO did.

Inochi

<3

Reality

Quote from: Humpy on Dec 08, 2015, 08:12 AM
She's been using the same laptop that she's had since before I met her. Pretty sure that didn't come from Sanctity, if that's what you're getting at. I agree that RO servers are capable of generating quite a bit of money when done right, of course. Although, if I remember correctly, ggRO didn't even make as much as DivinityRO did in its prime.

Ahh, I think you might be right. I think he bought her (maybe her?) a laptop during Divinity not Sanctity. That era is a blur to me now. lol

Servers were VERY heavily donated back during Divinity's time so I wouldn't be shocked. Not to mention the donation items there were much more valuable, if not broken (lol Umbala Spirit [1]).

From what a few of my sources have relayed to me, though, ggRO still made a great deal of cash. Honestly, even with a population of 300-500, you could easily bring in a few thousand per month in donations, which can definitely be lucrative if not managed full-time like I did (well, had to). I'm sure Zinnia saw compensation during gg, as that's just what Cookie does to keep his staff working, but I wouldn't know how much. I mean he only gave me like $200 for Sanctity, which was almost a full-time job for me. lel

I dunno. We'll see how it goes and I don't really know Zinnia that well besides as a player on Sanctity. But my default mode is to not trust pRO admins, anymore, due to ones like Yrvine and to an extent Cookie. So I might just be playing devil's advocate because I'm salty.

-Reality

Zinnia

Hey!

I don't know where you got those information, but I never earned a single $ on ggRO. Everything I did was done out of passion, and I also never played on Sanctity.

I totally understand you can be concerned and skeptical, because I haven't always been a perfect example as a player.
But if there are two things that I've done out of passion and for RO, it's my job on ggRO and Adelays.

Best,

Humpy

Quote from: Reality on Dec 08, 2015, 04:18 PM
Ahh, I think you might be right. I think he bought her (maybe her?)

Definitely her. I mean, I'd hope so anyway, otherwise I've been dating a guy for the past three years. I think Zinnia just covered everything else I was about to say.

Edit: Message from Cookie: "Duh, I used the donation money to buy my staff and myself s***. I'm a hustla, so I can live that balla life style."

Reality

Quote from: Humpy on Dec 08, 2015, 04:55 PM
Definitely her. I mean, I'd hope so anyway, otherwise I've been dating a guy for the past three years. I think Zinnia just covered everything else I was about to say.

Edit: Message from Cookie: "Duh, I used the donation money to buy my staff and myself s***. I'm a hustla, so I can live that balla life style."

ROFL No I meant I think he bought it for her, not that I think she might be female. Hahahaha

-Reality

Humpy

Quote from: Reality on Dec 08, 2015, 06:17 PM
ROFL No I meant I think he bought it for her, not that I think she might be female. Hahahaha

-Reality

Ah, my bad. Yeah, I'm pretty sure he did get her one, but it was definitely prior to SanctittiesRO. Also, I like how you have 69 posts right now.

wpcarlos

Only up to Ep. 11 or starting at Ep. 11? For a large staff I'm sure they can add later Eps. Even a single dedicated staff can add maybe the latest Ep, balanced and all.

Seb

Quote from: wpcarlos on Dec 09, 2015, 09:25 AM
Only up to Ep. 11 or starting at Ep. 11? For a large staff I'm sure they can add later Eps. Even a single dedicated staff can add maybe the latest Ep, balanced and all.
Its not that we cant add later eps, if there is enough demand from our player base to add new eps we can easily do it.Until then we decided 11.3 for trans & 8.2 for pre trans woe/bg mechanics because we recall people have more fun playing those.

If you'd like to participate on the discussion about server episodes and other features, you are more than welcome to join the forums

Blinzer

Quote from: Reality on Dec 08, 2015, 02:21 AM
This seems like opportunistic advertisement considering this is the sole post of the OP, but I digress. lel

God forbid we talk about the match made in hell that is LinkZ and Zinnia. ????????

Personally, I don't really trust Zinnia after the blatant donation mining of ggRO, and aDelays are a major con for me, as I chain skills legally all day long, and it gets in the way of that on every server that has them. Not to mention, the staff is HUGE. RO is a dead game. This is the staff size for a server of 1k, and straight up, there is no way that will happen without major email lists like Estland or massive connections like ggRO (and the critical players there besides like maybe Gojira I haven't seen on any other servers after ggRO).

However, it IS what I am looking for in a server, but I absolutely do not trust a staff that large. It's stupid easy to abuse powers even with massive restrictions, which at the same time, impose on events and enforcement. I was adamant about a very small, trusted staff during my time as an admin because it made our single case of corruption on Vivid EASILY reversable, non-existent on Aeon, and miraculously non-existent, to my knowledge, on Sanctity. (Could be wrong about Sanctity; I'll never know. Despite being the second head admin, I had super limited privileges, and no access to the SQL database.)

Basically, I don't trust it. But I might keep an eye on it or fiddle around on it during opening week. I could be surprised, but I do not anticipate it at all. Since early EssenceRO, every server I have played on has revealed itself as a major disappointment in the end.

-Reality

The staff being your biggest concern reveals the low that Ragnarok as a community has reached throughout the years. It's not hard to not be a piece of s***, but people make it their job to continue to do so.

The players keep buying into servers like these and never learn from the past 100 servers just like these that there is nothing good to come of it. They are clones of every other server, provide nothing interesting or creative, and are marketted to get the same idiots who keep coming back to this circlejerk(and because they keep coming back) praying for god knows what heavenly promised land of which they only have a vague idea of themselves.

A stupid pre-trans WoE doesn't change anything. Retarded automated events don't change anything. Reverting back to the old ways some skills work to appeal to some nostalgic morons doesn't change anything. Having a pretty site(and it is VERY well done) doesn't change anything. Changing a couple of wizard spells to work slightly different isn't going to change anything. All's you've done is recycled the same old s*** again, and you've even went as far as recycling the s*** of a generation past.

Who are you trying to fool? All the great players quit 7 years ago to avoid you.

Don't get mad at me for saying the truth, get mad at yourselves for making it the truth. I really am sorry I have to intervene/sabotage in such an abrupt manner, but you have put me in a position where if I do not you will completely ruin any chances of this game making a return ever again.

Bue

Blitzer is having a mental breakdown.