Which class for PvP?

Started by Rien, Mar 29, 2011, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rien

Okay, so I'm playing a certain server with:

1. Max level 255 base and job
2. 4k drop rates (everything drops with 100% chance)
3. Custom items (but for this question, I'm not using any)
4. Third Jobs (important)
5. Max base stat of 300 and max aspd of 195

And right now pvp is over my head. I've made:

1. A Rune Knight (with no runes since I can't for the life of me figure out how to make one)
2. A Warlock
3. A Mechanic
4. A Taekwon Ranker
5. A Guillotine Cross (Soul Breaker)
6. A Ninja (which I'm planning to delete)
7. A Sura (this is for MVP tanking purposes so I won't really consider her for pvp)
8. A Genetic (Str based but has a bit of INT)
and
9. A Gypsy (which I'm in the process of leveling)

The thing is, every one of my characters can't hold their own in PvP. I'm either being constantly one-shotted or something similar. I never even have half a second to fight back.

Here are some problems I face:
1. On autoattack based characters, I tend to just keep missing (Taekwon ranker especially)
2. Some skillspam based characters miss a lot too
3. Low, low, LOW damage in pvp (I'm talking about Comet dealing 20 hits of 600 or so damage)
4. Being one-shotted (I die to 141k NEAR INSTANT [stones being cast in a split second] tetra vortexes and 600k+ Asura strikes, or Cross Impacts at 60k/hit)
5. Opponents love to use cloaks (More of a problem when I can't target them when using something like.. box of sunlight though I can see them)
6. Dying extremely fast after spawning in the pvp map (linked to being one-shotted)

I'm seriously running out of ideas on what to do now. I want something that can do well, but so far it's just me being outdone in every aspect and the only way I can kill someone is to either use a RK with Death Bound or use a Royal Guard with Reflect and hope they don't heal in between my deaths.

Some MVP cards have been nerfed on the server, such as:
Maya Purple card nerfed to give -25% (or was it -10%?) max HP
GTB card now compounds on armors and only gives -20% magic damage instead of full immunity
Orc Lord cards reflect 20%
Maya Reflect at 25%
Tao Gunka gives -200 def/mdef
Baphomet card removed

Here are some trends I see in PvP:
1. Opponent loves to use cloaking or cards to the same effect
2. Near-instant tetra vortex (I've been told this is done by reaching 195 aspd on a warlock, but is it really worth it?)
3. Enemy somehow sees cloaked characters, I've been told this is done by using "Box of Sunlight", but it weighs a lot!
4. Cloaked Characters can't be targeted without using something like Ruwach or Sight beforehand or AoE such as Lord of Vermilion
5. Cloaked Characters move too fast to be hit by Storm Gust
6. Most of them use Incantation Samurai cards

Other things to note:
Ice Pick doesn't drop/is not available

Just what can I use that can hold it's own?

I need:

1. Class (obviously)
2. Build (please post stats. As I've said earlier, the max stat is 300)
3. Equipment (please consider the card changes mentioned earlier when suggesting something)
and 4. How to kill the goddamn cloakers (though it's probably stated in the build)

Sarin

Diagnosis. General Server Screwup complicated by General PvP Inexperience.

First thing, are renewal mechanics on server? If not, 3rd classes=find another server.

Low HIT is the reason why you are missing, happens a lot in over 99 max level setting. Use Phreeoni card in weapon or get a very high DEX. Low damage is cause usually by using neutral element attack when GR/deviling cards are available, if my memory servers me right comet is neutral. Use different elements...

And of course, apparently the server is screwed up by too easy oneshotting.

Kensei

SinX and Champs da best, followed by bolter prof and raging creo

Rien

Quote from: Sarin on Mar 30, 2011, 03:52 AM
Diagnosis. General Server Screwup complicated by General PvP Inexperience.

First thing, are renewal mechanics on server? If not, 3rd classes=find another server.

Low HIT is the reason why you are missing, happens a lot in over 99 max level setting. Use Phreeoni card in weapon or get a very high DEX. Low damage is cause usually by using neutral element attack when GR/deviling cards are available, if my memory servers me right comet is neutral. Use different elements...

And of course, apparently the server is screwed up by too easy oneshotting.

Yes, there are renewal mechanics, though I don't really understand them.

And I don't deal much damage using other elements either. Crimson Stone only does 3k/hit on some of them, Jack Frost tends to kill my friends because they're too lazy to party (Either way it does the same amount as Crimson Stone).

Quote from: Kensei on Mar 30, 2011, 04:09 AM
SinX and Champs da best, followed by bolter prof and raging creo

The raging creo and sinX caught my eye. more explanation please?

(I have no idea what a raging creo is)

Kensei

SinX = go to town -> get link -> enter PvP -> EDP -> Cloak -> Sonic Blow -> Cloak

common routine used to grow e-peen by using SinX

as for raging creo :

grab 1k bombs -> get bragi (or devo if can) -> rush to PvP and mad bombing everyone on sight with Bragi + AHK nodelay

nice e-peen boost as well

Rien

Tried Creator, I didn't even get off AHK before dying to cloaked gx with cross impact...

Malarija

no renewal, gx = pro with no edp nerf
anyways, crea is lame since prolly most of them just perma gr/devi so you won't really do dmg with AD
try out that demonic fire (seems to be spammable) so just spam on them, get a vanil for magic aswell, could hurt if people have bg sets with gr/devi (and homuns not demi)

otherwise, just go with the flow, go gx, dual dagger with cards, edp , ??, profit

uncelebrated

^exactly.

3rd jobs + no RE mechanics = lol gx edp.
'effective now, ***** is butthurt because his server sucks without competent players to make things interesting'

Rien

The server DOES have renewal mechanics. Does it still change anything?

Malarija

then cross impacts wouldn't go to 60k per hit, unless you're wearing gr+devi and no cranial and the gx is using verters

and you did say it's near insta, so it's not renewal mechanics ;)
in renewal, it's not easy to get near insta (since most of the skills get 20% fixed cast time)

Rien

Well, I don't have cranial,

150 DEX gets you instant cast (but I still see a lot of things with cast time still, like highwiz amp. magic and gunslinger Tracking)

Probably because a lot of the weapons I am given are two handed.

I'll go grab a cranial today or something and see how it goes.

Malarija

then you don't have renewal mechanics on the server if you can get insta on every skill lol

but ye, gx with edp ftw then i guess, ranger could be ok if people don't use that pneuma card

BB rk? worked okish when i did it on simmilar servers, but champs that fo and sinxes rule there i guess

Leamee

boned infil + 8 w/ BSB shackles raydric or gr, ED EDP and wind ele converter. Use an SL for link and SB like there's no tomorrow.

Malarija

sinxes that sb should get kiels otherwise that sb damage mostlikely won't one shot people so they need to stack up 2 or 3 sb's to actually kill people

Kensei