StellaRO

Started by Arctic, Oct 22, 2008, 08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic

I have been at StellaRO for just over 2 months. I thought it was nice at first, but the server has become intolerable because of the community.

StellaRO was formed when LunaRO and ParadiseRO merged. The merge took a long time and even longer to get all the stuff working properly. That's not so much a problem though.

Server

Stability
The server has been stable 95% of the time that I was on. No complaints.

Availability
Several times the server went offline for no apparent reason. One of which was during WoE and this convinced many of the LunaRO guilds to abandon ship. Other than those few times I can't recall other problems.

Community

Friendliness
I ranked StellaRO with a 1 in this category. I would give the server a 0 if I could. Really. There is no respect for each other there, and even less for new players. I don't want to say all players are hostile, only the most vocal ones. WoE threads are disastrous. The once controlled arguing and taunting has given away to senseless insults and bickering. Immaturity runs wild and some members resort to insulting the actual gamer; whether it be "fsck you you're a fscking fat b*tch" or "shut up ur br", etc.

Furthermore, rules are loosely enforced (if one could say they are enforced at all). I will get to GMs later, but except for posting updates I have never seen a GM/ moderator enforce rules when they should be enforced. I have personally been brutally attacked and barraged by uncalled for insults simply because my opinion of something differed with the others. Forget the fact that I was polite and mature about it.

One member in particular has been banned twice, and he's back now for a third time, being very obvious about who he is and continuing to act in the way he was prior to the bannings. He makes no attempts to change his attitude and is clearly challenging the GMs' decision. And the GMs don't care enough to do anything about it, nor to do what is necessary from the beginning.

Back to the point though, topics degenerate into mindless bickering and and no one intervenes. Innocent players are dragged into the mix and unfairly accused of nonsense that they should not have to deal with. I should point out that it wasn't always like this, but now it all that becomes of debates. There is no level of discourse.  Its like being back in middle school all over again again.

Examples:
Insulting the gamer. Harsh, no penalty.
A players actually gets banned and chaos erupts.
Same as above, moderator and member going at it.
I'm sorry, there is a difference in heated discussions and flame-fests. (But the server doesn't recognize them)

After that WoE thread was closed [finally] a member made another thread in order to continue bickering. It was clearly challenging the moderator but nothing happened. They let it slide and the thread became a disaster. To get an idea of the attitudes of the members read the whole thread. When I finally responded I was polite and level headed but it was only met with hostility. Clearly these people have no life other than to antagonize and ruin the lives of others. I was personally offended and am still quite upset about the personal insults.

Thread beginning.
Though antagonized, this response is never called for. Mod does nothing.
Continued. A mod has responded to the thread but ignores the blatant flames.
Why is this allowed?
Appalling part 1
Appalling part 2 (both of these posts have been allowed. And the second part offended me greatly.)

I could go on but you get the idea.

Eventfulness
There have been several events within the couple months that I have been on the server. Not many.

Game Masters

Friendliness
They're friendly, when you can find one.

Availability
Like I said.. when you can find one. I've never tried PMing a GM so they could be responsive, just not visibly available. They certainly don't speak much on the forums nor in game.

Helpfulness
I had problems with my Sakray a while ago and I was helped promptly. No problems for this.

Gameplay

Economy
No big deal. Its a bit off but that's a problem most pservers have to deal with. Its not a problem at all.

Guild Competition
Several big, well established guilds make it difficult for new guilds to get a footing, and the direct attacks at my guild because of our small size was uncalled for too. (refer to examples of misconduct)
Having no new players is a problem too because there is no expansion from any guild, especially the new ones.

Class Balance
Nothing unusual here.

-----------------------------------------------------
=========================================

So as you can see I have no problems with the server, save the community. The community, however, thoroughly ruined my experience on the server (and RO in general). GMs do not intervene so I am led to assume they either are ok with the misconduct or they simply are too apathetic to do what is necessary. Whichever it is, its not professional. The server is on its last legs and unless the community can learn to welcome new players then there will be no saving it.

The last bit of advice I can give is if you consider joining, then do not venture to the forums. And if you do just do not interfere at all. If you can tune out the other players then you'll be ok. If not, look for another server. 

I have played RO since before the Niff patch and transcended characters. I have played official servers and countless low rate pservers. This has been by far the worst community I've dealt with. Many [on StellaRO] will say I've been shielded or I've never been to a "real" and competitive server. But that's not true, and its also important to point out that those that say such things are merely trying to cover up for their lack of respect (and intelligence..). 

I would be happy to answer any questions about what I think of the server, and please let me know if something needs more clarification.
Thank you.

Shad

Hello,

First of all, I'd like to say that the person above is stupid.

What the OP is saying about the rules not being enforced is totally wrong. Actually, I guess this guy is just trying to f*** the server up more than it already is.
The rules are extremely harsh and the GMs are extremely close-minded and rule-concentrated. They will not use their common sense to apply warns and bans, they will just warn and ban whenever they see someone break a rule. For example, a person got warned for saying "We don't recruit noobs >_>".

Actually, what we, the experienced and open-minded players, are trying to do, is to make it less restrict, afterall everyone likes to saying "Oh f***!" without getting a 20% warn. :]

The GMs are slowly agreeing with this idea, since it is the only way to attract more players, since RO IS suppoed to be a competitive game, not a big MSN. Here's the proof, it's the signature of the Admin. He's agreeing slowly that the staff need to be less harsh on their punishments:

I am the banned member he's talking about, and all my bans were unfair. We, the players, got a representant in the staff trying to unban me and change stuff. I wouldn't come back if it was a valid ban, i got perma banned from forums AND game for saying things like.. "I wish your cat died in a fire". Yes, as silly as it sounds, the server is as restricted as that.

No one there was "brutally attacked and barraged", he was just called stupid because his opinions are simply close-minded and egoistic. He wants the server to stay with only teh "educated" people, which sounds right, right? But it will NOT make the server grow. It got 100 people online at the moment, without the experienced palyers it will go to like 30, since those are the ones who are often online. If it happens, the server will die, and we don't want it to happen, do we? I mean, if you want to play with other 30 "educated" people, I guess you could just leave the server and find a new "educated" server with more people on it. Oh wait, there isn't such a server with high population. (:
Why? Because RO is a competitive game and people love flaming.

@his examples:
"Insulting the gamer. Harsh, no penalty."
I was PERMA BANNED by saying Riddel is idiot and jamie is fat. What do you mean by no penalty? It's the other way, i got SEVERELY punished by saying it. Which should change, else everyone will leave the server because it is way too restrict.

"A players actually gets banned and chaos erupts.
Same as above, moderator and member going at it.
I'm sorry, there is a difference in heated discussions and flame-fests. (But the server doesn't recognize them)"
Those were after my perma-ban. People found it so injust that they felt the need to post against the staff. Buffie himself got mad and "RAGED" as he says. Miyo posted all that stuff and left Stella to join EternityRO, where the GMs/players are less close-minded. Orpheus is our representant, and he understood everything after i explained him, so that post of him against Buffie can be forgotten. He's on the players side now, not on the *****'s side.

Now @ your next links:
"Thread beginning."
He created the topic because theWoE thread was closed mindlessly, a proof of it is that Orpheus opened the WoE thread after some time again, because he understood that he did the wrong thing by closing it.

"Though antagonized, this response is never called for. Mod does nothing.
Continued. A mod has responded to the thread but ignores the blatant flames."
The Mod is at our side, he understand what has and what hasn't to be punished. The staff decided to be a bit less harsh on punishments. Look, you are teasing them, they are teasing you back. It's like someone say "Lol such an immature kid _|_ ;P" without any argument, but yet this person doesnt expect to be attacked back. I mean, what teh f***?

"Why is this allowed?"
I GOT PERMA BANNED FOR IT, What the f*** do you mean by "Why is this allowed?" Are you stupid? Are you trying to trick the readers of this topic just to make them think that you are right? Sorry, you was humiliated on our forums by your poor and close-minded ideas, even the GMs who are carebear'ish doesn't agree with you at all. The only oens that stayed by your side are your friends who joined with you. That pretty much shows that your opinions are abd and aren't respected at all.

"Appalling part 1
Appalling part 2 (both of these posts have been allowed. And the second part offended me greatly.)"
It is the same as some stuff above.

If the readers want to understand the whole story, I'll suggest you to read EVERYTHING. Here are the links:

Topic created to see what was going on after the merge(LunaRO + ParadiseRO) seemed to not help the server:

http://board.stella-ro.org/index.php?showtopic=14216&st=20 (Starts the real stuff at page 2 and stops at page 7 or so...)

Topic created by me after the topic above, was suggestions to help the server grow:
http://board.stella-ro.org/index.php?showtopic=14298

Then go back to the first link and read how it continued after my topic got closed by no valid reasons:
http://board.stella-ro.org/index.php?showtopic=14216&st=20 (page 7 until the end)

WoE topics that influenced the situation after those 2 topics above:
http://board.stella-ro.org/index.php?showtopic=14290 <-- discussion why LunaRO people left.
http://board.stella-ro.org/index.php?showtopic=14396&st=0 <-- WoE topic closed for flamings... YES, they closed a f*** WoE topic because there was flaming in it, LOL.
http://board.stella-ro.org/index.php?showtopic=14397 <-- The topic the OP posted. As you can see, the mod Orpheus re-opened it.

http://board.stella-ro.org/index.php?showtopic=14406 <-- Topic made while the topic above was closed.

http://board.stella-ro.org/index.php?showtopic=14417&st=0&#entry170450<-- topic made about this RMS's review, note that SOC and company doesn't have anything that proves their point. Lakkan and Leeli totalled proved what our server needs, and it obviously is NOT being more harsh on their rules.

My accounts on Stella's forum are: Shad, Centil, Other Chat's whore and Fourthy. The first 3 ones were banned by no reasons, and I'll continue making new accounts until i get banned by a VALID reason.

So i would like you guys to completely ignored this topic if you don't read the links I posted, because without them you will not understand ANYTHING about this situation.

By the way, I'd suggest this person above to go play FLYFF or FF11 if he want to have educated chit-chat instead of actually playing a game which is supposed to be competitive.

Arctic

Ok I made my review free from bias. At the least you can respond with some honesty. If you really don't understand why you've been banned three times already then you need to do a bit of self reflection. The internet is not your playground, and the sooner you recognize that you cannot say whatever you want without consequences the sooner StellaRO will be better.

My examples speak for themselves.

The rules are harsh, indeed, but that's not my argument. My argument is that they aren't enforced.  People like you have taken advantage of this.
It doesn't matter if you got banned. You're back for the 4th time now. There is such a thing as IP banning kthxbai.

You're open-minded? Lawl.
"Actually, what we, the experienced and open-minded players,.."
You're so hypocritical and utterly clueless.
Did you seriously just threaten the GM that's banned you for the third time? Source. Oh lordie.. if you really think that you're being unjustly banned then you're just dense.

If you can show me a post of mine that is "egoistic" then I'll be surprised. I've been very humble.

I really don't have anything more to say other than that YOUR response is partial, especially because you're one of the most problematical children on the server. I could waste so much time responding to your comments to each example I gave, but I would be reiterating everything I have said for a second time. You all completely miss the point. The IS a difference between taunting, boasting, disputing, etc and flaming senselessly and immaturely. You are of the latter half.

But ok, defend the server all you want. I'm just trying to caution anyone that might make the mistake I did. My examples aren't biased.

Shad

Quote from: Arctic on Oct 23, 2008, 10:00 AM
Ok I made my review free from bias. At the least you can respond with some honesty. If you really don't understand why you've been banned three times already then you need to do a bit of self reflection. The internet is not your playground, and the sooner you recognize that you cannot say whatever you want without consequences the sooner StellaRO will be better.
Sorry, the internet IS my playground, as it can be of everyone else here. Different from you i come here to play and relax with my friends. But I also like to fight and argue and flame and insult whoever shows stupidity.

First time i got PERMA BANNED for saying Paranoia (A LunaRO GM which did NOTHING but hand warns/bans mindlessly, hes the one who warned Ikaru for saying "We don't recruit noobs >_>") was an stupid cocksucker. Seriously, perma banned for it? In forums and in game? Are you dumb?

Second ban was by Nymphicus who never does anything other than events, she isn't even arguing and trying to prove her point on all this stuff, yet she came out of nowhere, PERMA BANNED me because i insulted her 2 guildmates and didn't say anything.

Third ban was by Nymphicus AGAIN, she came out of nowhere, banned me and didn't say anything. Now i don't even know the reason, and I wouldn't even know it was Nymphicus if some friends in the staff didn't tell me.

My examples speak for themselves.

The rules are harsh, indeed, but that's not my argument. My argument is that they aren't enforced.
People like you have taken advantage of this.
It doesn't matter if you got banned. You're back for the 4th time now. There is such a thing as IP banning kthxbai.
Why enforcing rules that are already harsh enough? Sorry, that doesn't make sense at all.
I'd rather make those rules less harsh, then we could talk about enforcing or not. :]

You're open-minded? Lawl.
Yup, All I did until now was try to help my server, no matter what it takes. I don't care if letting people flame and insult is good or bad, i just care that my server grows so I can have my fun.

If you can show me a post of mine that is "egoistic" then I'll be surprised. I've been very humble.
The fact that you don't want your server to grow itself makes you hella egoistic. You want the server for yourself, you don't care about other's people way of doing things. If we used your way, the server would have 30 people online. Sorry, that's not fun, and I guess any reader agree with me.

I really don't have anything more to say other than that YOUR response is partial, especially because you're one of the most problematical children on the server.
I'm not the most problematical child or anything, I just want it to grow no matter what. Differently from you and your friends.

I could waste so much time responding to your comments to each example I gave, but I would be reiterating everything I have said for a second time. You all completely miss the point. The IS a difference between taunting, boasting, disputing, etc and flaming senselessly and immaturely. You are of the latter half.
Nope, you won't do it because you just can't. You had 1 month to do it and yet you didn't.
My point stayed since the first suggestion topic i posted until now. No one proved it wrong, no one can prove it wrong. If you can, please do it. "I won't cuz it's waste of time ^^^^^^" Oh please. :X

But ok, defend the server all you want. I'm just trying to caution anyone that might make the mistake I did. My examples aren't biased.
Not defending the server, just pointing out what are the real issues. Afterall I was the one attacking the staff since the beggining.
I'm glad it is finally changing and that people like you, totally close-minded, are leaving it.

Hutchy

I love how the minute someone expresses their distaste for a server, the rest of the thread turns to insults and anger.

Descent

Quote from: Hutchy on Oct 23, 2008, 10:37 AM
I love how the minute someone expresses their distaste for a server, the rest of the thread turns to insults and anger.

I love how Shad flexes his e-muscles in this thread like anybody is going to give a flying sh*t.

It's a *server review*. If he has bad experiences, he has bad experiences. Let the players who choose to join the server form their own opinion, if Arctic's review is wrong in their eyes, then it's wrong and they'll base their own opinion.

This thread is on a one-way course to a lock.

Shad

But then again it wouldn't happen if the person had a valid reason to show his/her distaste for a server, right? (:

@Hutchy: Oh ya, because what the OP posts is ALWAYS the truth and is ALWAYS what matters, eh?
Not my problem if you are stupid enough to not understand how things work.  ::)

Of course it is his opinion, i got the right to be against it tho, no? I mean, it's a forum. If you want people to post a lot of reviews without other people replying, I'd suggest you to tell the Mods/Admins to give an Autolock after the every OP's first post.

genesis_SOC

His reasons are much more valid than any reasons you ever hope to "accomplish." I'm done arguing with you, you're just not worth it.

Grow up.

Shad

LOL SOC.
You are the guy that no one is respecting nor listening to on Stella's forum, right?
Why? Because you use your bible stuff to judge everything?

Grow up.

Hutchy

Quote from: Shad on Oct 23, 2008, 10:53 AM
@Hutchy: Oh ya, because what the OP posts is ALWAYS the truth and is ALWAYS what matters, eh?

No, I never said that, but you just proved my point.

Enjoy your fail.

* Hutchy leaves thread.

Descent

But then again it wouldn't happen if the person had a valid reason to show his/her distaste for a server, right? (:

Of course it is his opinion, i got the right to be against it tho, no? I mean, it's a forum. If you want people to post a lot of reviews without other people replying, I'd suggest you to tell the Mods/Admins to give an Autolock after the every OP's first post.

Quote from: Descent
I love how Shad flexes his e-muscles in this thread like anybody is going to give a flying sh*t.

You're in no position to talk about Hutchy. She's not barging in here calling people cocksuckers. You know, like you.

Of course you have the right to be against it. Does that mean you come in and start calling names left and right like you're some internet tough guy? Because you're not.

genesis_SOC

Quote from: Shad on Oct 23, 2008, 10:57 AM
LOL SOC.
You are the guy that no one is respecting nor listening to on Stella's forum, right?
Why? Because you use your bible stuff to judge everything?

Grow up.
Stella's forum is also full of idiots like you. Pretty much what Arctic posted.

And look what he's still trying to do. Petty attacks against my religion. This guy is a fool, as you can all tell this early. -_-

Arctic

I really could continue, becuase Shad forms his own conclusions about what I say and even misinterprets what I say, either ignoring the underlying gist of what I am saying or be responding and ranting about something completely irrelevant.

I'm done arguing. As Descent said, its MY review. I'm sorry if I shed a dark light on StellaRO but the community was [in my experience] not in the least welcoming. You, Shad, can choose to ignore it or learn from it. But please do not continue to spew hate in this thread. I do not want it locked.

I said in my first post that I will answer questions about my review. If you have a question ask me. Nicely! And stop judging my opinion please.

EDIT: Descent actually could you just close the thread? I already know that my request will not be respected. Its a shame how the review degenerated in bickering already, but wellnow you get a taste for what StellaRO is like.

So yeah, please lock this, Descent. Thank you~

If anyone has questions they can PM me instead.

genesis_SOC

Quote from: Arctic on Oct 23, 2008, 11:06 AM
I said in my first post that I will answer questions about my review. If you have a question ask me. Nicely! And stop judging my opinion please.
It won't work, he's beyond maturity.

Shad

Quote from: Descent on Oct 23, 2008, 11:01 AM

I didn't call anyone cocksucker in this topic, but then again, you must be just stupid to not understand, like i said in my previous topic.
I could make another wall of text here just to explain how everything works, but I'll not bother with the ammount of close-minded people around these forums.

Quote from: Descent

You're in no position to talk about Hutchy. She's not barging in here calling people cocksuckers. You know, like you.

Of course you have the right to be against it. Does that mean you come in and start calling names left and right like you're some internet tough guy? Because you're not.
I'm not tough, I just know that people come to the internet/games to have fun, not like in an ONU conference where you can't say anything wrong that you'll get warned/banned etc. :S
It's a FACT that people like cussing insulting and flaming, i don't give a f*** if it's right or wrong, as far as it brings competitiveness and fun ingame for me, I'm okay with it. But then again, i guess you are all casual players who plays to chit-chat and pick flowers with your pink ponys on a garden full of carebears. O:

PS: LOL GANGBANG.