Why Private Server over official iRO?

Started by iro_ori, Jun 27, 2014, 08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iro_ori

Why do you choose Private Servers over official iRO? I'm curious.

A few reasons I've heard:

1) Lag: I believe as long as your in America or Canada, using LowerPing and Leatrix(tcp fix) you won't lag. I assume there's a lot of people who tried out iRO but quit because of lag before finding out about those 2 programs though.

2) Rates: At this point, people have joined so many private servers over the years and remade their characters time and time again that I don't think rates is an excuse for a server that will last. Also, rates on officials aren't all that bad now. It's comparable to mid-rates imo.

3) Renewal: There's classic server now. But, aren't u guys sick of playing the same s*** for years? Is Renewal THAT bad? Have you even gave it a serious chance? It takes time getting use to just like anything else. Maybe this is a question for another topic though.

I'm somebody who has played private server, iRO, and renewal. I like them all. I just think each one lacks things that the others have.

Sideways George Clooney

Rates are better and iRO WoE is trash

yC

Suppose, back in the days it's to offer free Ragnarok to people that cannot afford the monthly fees that is around $10~15 USD.  This meaning is half lost when iRO turns to the free-to-play model.  Also many people paying way more for items in private server than they would spend on official server.  You can imagine that.

The other reasons you already named, the variety of features to choose from serve more options.  Rates is a major issue, some people don't have all the time to grind. When the game was pre-renewal no quest system for exp.

lilsword

Other than the rates and more features. Some private servers has Harmony/Internal Guard installed, im sure people are sick of dealing with bots everyday, they want to meet real people.

youarearetard

Quote from: Sideways George Clooney on Jun 27, 2014, 09:54 PM
Rates are better and iRO WoE is trash

It's because private servers are for Retard Losers like this George Clooney that can't compete in iRO woe, fair and square and they want an easy way out. These losers are in private servers for the following :

1) iRO WOE is Trash, yeah your private servers' WOE are as much of a joke as well; with all those UGLY custom gears, seriously it's not even Ragnarok anymore.
2) Instant cast that iRO doesn't offer, these people are sick of trying to get Phen card or bloodybutterfly card in official and wants instant cast(lazy asses i guess)
3) Retard 999,999++ damage that these NOOBs think is pro and brag about it.  ;D
4) Insane Drop rate for items, rares and cards, seriously with the high drop rate, I get bored of these s*** private servers in just under an hour. One one wants these precious cards anymore, LOL. when its private servers then first thing that comes to your mind is those Ugly custom gears that makes your eyes bleed.  /omg
5) The fact that These Retards gets to host private servers and then disappear with the cash, when the players are in trouble, due to incompetance of the private server owner  /heh  /ok
6) Instant Leveling from 0 ~ #$%^# without hardwork.......  /pif
7) To PK helpless little newbies that don't even know how to fight (and brag about a kill)

AND then the use of @commands........@warp @go and a lot others, lazy to walk LOL

The above 7 may not be true for low rates but for those high rates, super high rates and for PK servers.

Sideways George Clooney

Quote from: youarearetard on Jun 28, 2014, 02:11 PM
It's because private servers are for Retard Losers like this George Clooney that can't compete in iRO woe, fair and square and they want an easy way out. These losers are in private servers for the following :

1) iRO WOE is Trash, yeah your private servers' WOE are as much of a joke as well; with all those UGLY custom gears, seriously it's not even Ragnarok anymore.
2) Instant cast that iRO doesn't offer, these people are sick of trying to get Phen card or bloodybutterfly card in official and wants instant cast(lazy asses i guess)
4) Insane Drop rate for items, rares and cards, seriously with the high drop rate, I get bored of these s*** private servers in just under an hour. One one wants these precious cards anymore, LOL. when its private servers then first thing that comes to your mind is those Ugly custom gears that makes your eyes bleed.  /omg
5) The fact that These Retards gets to host private servers and then disappear with the cash, when the players are in trouble, due to incompetance of the private server owner  /heh  /ok
7) To PK helpless little newbies that don't even know how to fight (and brag about a kill)

AND then the use of @commands........@warp @go and a lot others, lazy to walk LOL

The above 7 may not be true for low rates but for those high rates, super high rates and for PK servers.

1) idk what servers you're looking at. Most servers just have BG set/Gset and maybe RWC.
2) It's the same gear in private servers, you just need to cook to get high dex. Most people cooked in low rates so it doesn't make a difference except maybe more time for hunting.
3) Same gear as officials.
4) Nobody cares about PvMing after doing it for years. Why would you want to kill 10000 monsters for 1 card, there is literally 0 enjoyment and is why officials are infested with bots.
5) Nothing to do with WoE. The servers you're talking about have s*** WoEs anyway.
6) Who cares? It's like having to do 20 bot games before you can play 1 real game in League. Everyone will end up with the same gear anyway so why prolong it?
7) Again you're looking at retarded servers

Funny talking about fair and square WoEs when some guilds have MvP cards and god items when others don't oop

Tom~

Quote from: youarearetard on Jun 28, 2014, 02:11 PMThe above 7 may not be true for low rates but for those high rates, super high rates and for PK servers.
So you failed to mention the most populated private servers, since HRs and SHRs are mostly dead. Nice.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

youarearetard

Quote from: Sideways George Clooney on Jun 28, 2014, 02:52 PM
1) idk what servers you're looking at. Most servers just have BG set/Gset and maybe RWC.
2) It's the same gear in private servers, you just need to cook to get insta cast. Most people cooked in low rates so it doesn't make a difference except maybe more time for hunting.
3) Same gear as officials.
4) Nobody cares about PvMing after doing it for years. Why would you want to kill 10000 monsters for 1 card, there is literally 0 enjoyment and is why officials are infested with bots.
5) Nothing to do with WoE. The servers you're talking about have s*** WoEs anyway.
6) Who cares? It's like having to do 20 bot games before you can play 1 real game in League. Everyone will end up with the same gear anyway so why prolong it?
7) Again you're looking at retarded servers

Funny talking about fair and square WoEs when some guilds have MvP cards and god items when others don't oop

LOL at your post, yeah buddy keep dreaming and have fun, your private s*** will shut down sooner

No one wants to play private servers for long, and their server population is laughable, why would they bot in something thats uninteresting?
Yeah keep draming, people in official need to pvm / farm for mats to have enough suppies for WOE, you dont have 'ITEM MALL' to have suppies ready for you.
People in official, even the weak newbs get a chance on the ET runs and even WOE, you dont have to win, you just need to participate to get your share, and they do get MVP cards.

your private battlegrounds are laughable that no one even joins it.

and no, i'm not looking at reatrds servers but instead pointlessly arguing with a douche namley You.

iRO is iRO and cant be matched by any private s*t, enough said

Keep arguing, I wont even respond lol

Sideways George Clooney

Who cares if they eventually shut down? At least we didn't have to waste 1 year gearing and grinding for 15 hours every week. People have jobs and school and actual lives to be spent not playing a 10+ year old game.

idk why you're even talking about anything else since I only mentioned WoE. If baddies fight baddies, then even the poorly geared can do well. If you're fighting decent people and you have bad gears, then the only way to get better is to get better gear.

Why bother fighting a guild that has a GTB on every chem and FBH on every HW? iRO is so anti-competition it's ridiculous.

exii

Quote from: youarearetard on Jun 28, 2014, 02:11 PM

So you like smileys?

You come to this forum, have no idea about p-servers and want us to tell how the world works.
Bring your guild to this server http://woe-ro.net/ and see how everyone will cut you in 2 pieces in notime. It's nice to have a kill counter boost by farming guys like you.
It's a known fact that the quality of midrate servers often is higher as on iRo (woe/bg related).
exii - leader of the nonsense army

finest low quality gw2 streams: http://www.twitch.tv/exii_against_the_world

youarearetard

Quote from: exii on Jun 28, 2014, 03:23 PM
So you like smileys?

You come to this forum, have no idea about p-servers and want us to tell how the world works.
Bring your guild to this server http://woe-ro.net/ and see how everyone will cut you in 2 pieces in notime. It's nice to have a kill counter boost by farming guys like you.
It's a known fact that the quality of midrate servers often is higher as on iRo (woe/bg related).

Cheap way to advertise the server you are playing. but the server front page looks illegit. And no thanks, i'm better off playing the official for the 'Real experience' of the game. I'm better of woeing in iRo than in illegit servers.

exii

Quote from: youarearetard on Jun 28, 2014, 04:02 PM
Cheap way to advertise the server you are playing. but the server front page looks like its a video hosting site rather than a game site. And no thanks, i'm better off playing the official for the 'Real experience' of the game.
I'm not playing there actually. I don't have that connections to guild leaders to get a spot which won't kill me because of boredom like SPP.
But this server is known for very professional woes which iRo retards like you cannot even imagine.

youarearetard

Quote from: exii on Jun 28, 2014, 04:19 PM
I'm not playing there actually. I don't have that connections to guild leaders to get a spot which won't kill me because of boredom like SPP.
But this server is known for very professional woes which iRo retards like you cannot even imagine.

Says the one that is an iRO reject, WOE came on Official first and it  was copied to rethena, you're nothing without the Official server'sexistence. LOLs at your QQs. you're argument is invalid and rejected. the entire ideas were taken from kRo and iRo, i doubt if these pros can make original content as kRo and iRO. lmao

exii

Quote from: youarearetard on Jun 28, 2014, 04:31 PM
Says the one that is an iRO reject, WOE came on Official first and it  was copied to rethena, you're nothing without the Official server'sexistence. LOLs at your QQs. you're argument is invalid and rejected. the entire ideas were taken from kRo and iRo, i doubt if these pros can make original content as kRo and iRO. lmao
Rejected by iRo, lol. Dude I'm european. But this doesn't really matter. Most officials are bad in the same way.

And please, stop posting such s***.
First of all it was not copied, it was rebuild to prevent copyright issues. The first platform was named "eAthena", but ofc you never heard of it.
And ofc they would be able to beat the s*** out of these iRo crowds. The problem is that noone wants to farm mats if p-servers provide an easier way, harder competition and last but not least a so much more stable connection.
Some of them also playing iRo as well as europeans playing fRo. But the reasons are completely different and many just playing it nearby because they have their roots their. Honestly you would be surprised how many playing both types.

Woon

New servers opening and closing within a few months really does piss me off as well.
Those types of servers tend to demotivate the already suffering RO community and I really wish they would stop, but that's not going to happen. People love easy cash and the RO community hasn't learned in all these years and I don't think they ever will. They will keep joining servers knowing full well that they will close.

As proven by the statement made by George.

I have not checked in on the official RO servers in a while so my information might be a bit oudated. So forgive me for that.
-Official servers are a lot more money oriented than 'most' private servers. They constantly promote new shop items and push them onto their players. When I was following them, there were 2-3 posts a day on their social media about shops offers. This same thing carried on into the game. I think for a lot of people at least my self, that is a serious turnoff.
-Official servers were a lot less player to GM involved. You were pretty much on your own from the day you started till the day you got banned for boting.
-This brings me to my next point, boting. At least private servers take a bit of initiative to ban boters.
-Features : Pretty much anything that official servers get, the private servers will copy in a relatively acceptable time frame, however official server do not do that. Some of the official servers contracts with Gravity are publicly available and it clearly states that they have to provide a cookie cutter server. Allowing them for very little room to customize their servers.

Once again if my information is outdated I apologize, but I doubt much has changed in the world of official servers.