[Hiring] Aeva Ragnarok Online

Started by Rider, Feb 10, 2015, 06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rider

Hello everyone,

Aeva is an upcoming low-rate pre-renewal server server that is expected to launch this March. Our aim is to provide a well balanced and vanilla gameplay environment along with custom content and improvements just to enhance the experience and make it a little more rewarding than just a grindfest. Just to be clear, I am not referring to any custom items with stats or introducing content that may affect the core game mechanics. If you share the same interests then read on.

We're looking for people who can contribute to the server in any way possible. Now most servers might expect experienced staff applicants but we beg to differ. If you can meet our requirements then we are more than willing to hire you so long as you follow our guidelines.

Common requirements: (if you don't meet any of these then you are not the right candidate)

• Be active and available as much as possible.
    • Willingness to learn and improve.
    • Provide support in-game and/or forums.
    • Fluent in English.
    • Sufficient knowledge in Ragnarok.
    • Be respectful and friendly.
    • Moderate fairly and be unbiased.
    Note: The above requirements can be ignored if you don't want to be a Game Master but just be a forum mod or server helper.

Specific requirements: (any one of the following)

• A keen interest in writing and developing content. This may include content writing for the Wiki, webpage and forum.
    • Be an active part in the design and development of the game. You don't have to know scripting or server side development but you should be able to think outside the box and take part in the decision-making for game improvements. Since we are a LR server, we would like someone with a better PvM background and be willing to brainstorm with the team to come up with new ideas for end game content.

If you would like to join the team and be a part in the making of a server to call our own, send me a PM here on the forums. We don't want to drag it too long or wait till the launch date to hire staff since we have so much things to cover prior to launch.

Thanks & regards,
    Rider

You can find more info about the server here : http://forum.ratemyserver.net/low-rates/aeva-ragnarok-online-7x-7x-3x-(pre-renewal)/
    Or just visit out board: http://board.aeva-ro.com[/list]

Rider

Updated

We are not looking for event organizers anymore.

Rider

Bumping this topic since we're still hiring and we're looking for someone from US and EU timezone. Server launches on the 27th and we will be having our CBT on the 15th of this month so kindly apply at the earliest.

Azure Knight

Hello there Rider! My name is Mike, but I go by several handles online, Micheru being one of them.

I'm certainly interested in a position within your server, having read your website and scanned over the forums briefly.
    I'd like to give you a little bit of backround on myself. I've been involved in online gaming since 1997, at first it was MUDS, and later the earlier MMORPGs, like Ultima Online. I've always been a tinkerer, and by 1998, I was involved in the volunteer dev team of one of the earliest virtual worlds, a product called 'The Palace', it was created by Time Warner Interactive. When it sold to Electronic Communities in 1999, I was hired, and it launched my career in virtual communities, gaming and social media.

I've since been involved in the creation, upkeep and administration of a number of games and virtual worlds, MUDS and social networking platforms. I can provide further references and information upon request - I don't want to ramble on. ^^

My current career is in a smattering of directions as a freelancer. I do a little bit of content development for virtual worlds products, a little bit of network security and administration, and a little bit of branding and marketing work.
    My work has me freelancing, so I bounce in and out of projects throughout the day and night, leaving me with a generally open schedule, so long as things are going well - this gives me opportunity to be on call for Aeva as needed, and online a little more than someone who works a standard 9-5.

Outside of games and the internet, I'm a hobbyist writer with some published work (2600 Magazine, some poetry in a collection), and I do fairly well with story development - I can help create quests and stories if that's something you guys are interested in.

In regards to Ragnarok, I've been playing for ten years, this year. (My oldest screenshot is dated 2004). I've been a player, GM, developer (scripts / pallets / NPCs / quests), and server owner. My server, ArkadiumRO was short lived due to a real life shift that resulted in a redirection of focus -- but I had fun with it while I had it:

I've got experience with the database end of eAthena/rAthena, the GRF format, and tools such as Borf's Editor for mapping.
    You're welcome to peruse my screenshots dating back to my first logon at: http://micheru.com/dump/ro/

Anyhow, I won't take any more of your time!
    Thank you for your consideration and have a phenomenal day!

Mike

Rider

Hello Mike,

I was just going to change the status of the thread and noticed your response. We're kinda full on staff at the moment and we might not be hiring any more staff unless otherwise a situation arises that we are short-handed depending on the number of players we'd have. Thank you for applying and I appreciate it but right now we won't be hiring any more candidates for staff. Hope you find yourself in a good position where your skills would be more resourceful.

Thank you and regards,
    Rider

Azure Knight

Thank you for your reply, Rider. I will likely be checking out Aeva when it launches either way, so perhaps I'll see you around.

Be well!

Rider

Good to know and see you around. ^_^