Any way to lower def???

Started by freakyred, Jun 13, 2008, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freakyred

hiya is there any way to lower def?? becoz my friend has max vit and thanatos won't work on him and he doesn't like to say what his equips are

Ansuz Isaz

Tao Gunka is probably the best card in terms of reducing Defense. It reduces it by -50, along with doubling his HP. That's as effective of an armor card as it gets.

Also, by the irony of the card, Thanatos removes 30 DEF from the owner.

Tao [ -50 ] + Thanatos x 4 [ - 120 ] = A total of - 170 DEF. You use Thanatos on him if he has this set up, and you're wasting your time. xD

Other effective defense reducing methods [ Though most of these aren't used by the standard player. ]:

Masamune: If he's a swordsman type class, this reduces his defense by 2/3.

Spike: If he's an Acolyte type class, this reduces his defense by 1/3.

Along with a large variety of cards that reduce 1 - 4 DEF, that are generally not worth putting in equipment.

Sarin

there are several cards reducing def...try to do some searching at rms database, it's fastest. And not refining armors and using lowdef equip helps too, surprisingly.

mmm but the thing with the tao is that is the person them self has to equip it >.<
the same with most cards and etc

i think he means more things like skill wise?

Ansuz Isaz

Quote from: freakyred on Jun 13, 2008, 11:43 PM
thanatos won't work on him and he doesn't like to say what his equips are

This is why I assumed it was equipment based, JJJ. n_n He's trying to guess what his friend's equipments may be, so that he knows why his attacks aren't doing anything.

Aragorn

it's not bacoz he lowered his defense but its becase he put card's like thara and develing... duh! (>.>)

hey what are all these stupid f*** scribbles on your test?
OH BAKA SENSEI THAT'S NIHONGO

RULE 1:
Every post that disagrees to the previous to Aragorn is a flame or insult.

Helrouis

If it's a sinX. well, he's using double grimtooth probably.

Felecorr

Double grimtooth is the only way to counter Thana w/ high vit.
And Tao/Than dont affect VITDEF. someone is inexperienced with them cards. ~_o;;
Play every rate, especially high rate. you learn a lot of tricks there.

Wear shadow/undead armor, and if he cant hit you, its confirmed hes using grimtooths.

Helrouis

Quote from: Felecorr on Jun 14, 2008, 12:19 AM
Double grimtooth is the only way to counter Thana w/ high vit.
And Tao/Than dont affect VITDEF. someone is inexperienced with them cards. ~_o;;
Play every rate, especially high rate. you learn a lot of tricks there.

Wear shadow/undead armor, and if he cant hit you, its confirmed hes using grimtooths.

I know enchants+converters works.

Ansuz Isaz

... Yay for me not remembering the simple things! XD I now feel like a bit of an idiot. Ah well. A little bit of humility never killed me.

... The two weapons I mentioned simply says defense in general, they didn't actual say DEF, so I'm going to assume they meant general defense, just as grimtooth does. n_n

Felecorr

Good point. But if you just ask him to hit you, he probably wont take the time or item to do so.

Helrouis

Quote from: Felecorr on Jun 14, 2008, 12:28 AM
Good point. But if you just ask him to hit you, he probably wont take the time or item to do so.

+ to you
well, most of the servers now : def = nothing
why? gravity made : ignore def and penetrate def
though : i understand it's 0.01% in official servers
but : servers make it in a higher percentage

Felecorr

I think  def is useless, your right. I got 99 def once, and I still took massive DMG w/o % reduction cards.

Helrouis

Quote from: Felecorr on Jun 14, 2008, 12:42 AM
I think  def is useless, your right. I got 99 def once, and I still took massive DMG w/o % reduction cards.

Yeap, def is just good in the start on low rate servers, then sux in high rate servers*card drops.

Ansuz Isaz

xD My view of DEF is simple:

PVM / MVP = Sexeh. =D It has massive amounts of use.

PVP/ GVG / WoE / Whatever I'm missing: ... Meh. xD As you two said, it's not all that useful anymore.