High Priest

Started by C a z, Nov 06, 2008, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C a z

Heya guys,
Back in the days on non trans a 99 priest was damn hard to beat in pvp.
I was wondering what equips/stats could be used to make a High Priest be able to laugh at asuras...?
bn-RO Ragnarok Online
Australian Based RO Server
LR 7/7/5 - HR 7k/7k/20 party bonus 150k/150k/20
www.bn-ro.com

Bootleg

Quote from: C a z on Nov 06, 2008, 11:52 PM
Heya guys,
Back in the days on non trans a 99 priest was damn hard to beat in pvp.
I was wondering what equips/stats could be used to make a High Priest be able to laugh at asuras...?

My OLD OLD friend from a LR was a monster High Priest...
13k hp and scary defense @_@.

- Ghostring Card
- Valk Shield 2. Odin/magni cap set(High defense and m-defense)
- A somewhat permanent assumptio
- Accessory under cast(Since his cast was slowwww anyway)
- Typical demi-human/neutral cards for PvP
- 3k heals...
- Ability to actually Phenuma and Safety wall

And he was actually smart enough to carry green pots :X
...we couldn't asura k-o him even with a Tanee card e_o

Of course a Thanatos/Ice Pick user SHOULD be able to rape him

fluidin

If that guy has angelus on 24/7 too, lol.

A WS with Ice Pick will CT KO him in 1 or 2 hits.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Tira

Uh.

1) Safety Wall

You are now immune to Asura. Congratulations.

fluidin

Note that Safety Wall has a 1 second fixed cast.

There are champs able to Asura you within that timeframe, even if they are at a distance.
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

what happened to the days of everyone having a smokie clip, and hide dodging asura? XD

Poki

AGI down, level 1 bless, Lex, Silence, Pneuma, pre-Safety Wall, Fire wall scrolls, Angeling card & Asperio, Smokie card, Your common demi-human resistant cards, DEF, and good heals... What else...

I don't really remember but I  do remember my days as a High priest, I loved being a punk in WoE and buffing the enemy with level 1 buffs.  I was fearsome.

Elie

a +10 VM and redemptio.
They call me hell, they call me Stacy, they call me her, they call me Jade. That's not mah name. That's not mah name. That's not maaaah name.

-I like pie.

blackgh05t

Quote from: Tira on Nov 16, 2008, 09:04 PM
Uh.

1) Safety Wall

You are now immune to Asura. Congratulations.

+1

2) Smokie Clip
3) Good reflexes.
eos
Est. 2008

Tira

Quote from: Poki on Nov 17, 2008, 12:51 AM
AGI down, level 1 bless, Lex, Silence, Pneuma, pre-Safety Wall, Fire wall scrolls, Angeling card & Asperio, Smokie card, Your common demi-human resistant cards, DEF, and good heals... What else...

Neither of the above are going to get you far. Aspersio will not affect elemental property of Asura, which is always neutral. Def will also do you absolutely zero good, since Asura is a critical hit and disregards defense.

Don't really see the need for Smokie in a Priest versus Champ scenario. I generally only use this against hybrid SB/Grimtooth SinX, since Hide inside a Safety Wall = immune to SB, and immune to Grimtooth, as if they want to Sight you they are then unable to Hide to Grimtooth. It's not like you can't instantly see if a Champ has five Spirit Spheres and Fury - if you see a Champ fitting this description you should be Safety Walling by default anyway, since stalling your cast is just an invitation for them to cast Pneuma on your face and laugh when you try to SW yourself (or alternatively TSS until you're lured to Pneuma YOURSELF, then go in for the Asura, which is equally as stupid on part of Priest).

If you're in a non-WoE can-be-knocked-back situation, barricade yourself against a wall so you can't be Palm Push Strike'd out of your Safety, and if they try to break it the old fashioned way, do not underestimate the usefulness of Marine Sphere card.

Poki

I fail, forgot this was more specifically about the scenario of a High priest against an Asura.

fluidin

Do also note that good champs might wait for you to Ruwach first before attempting to Asura. I have personally encountered such a Champ >.> He was cloaking along the walls and speed potted in when I Ruwach-ed for Sinxes.

Truth to be told, there really isn't much one can do against Champs in a group situation as a High Priest; the safest method would be to get Devotion, of course.

bleu

A ghostring armor (-75%) should do the trick in most cases against asura together with a Cranial/Beret/Raydric.

I find the funniest thing is a Champ asura someone wearing Orc Lord armor; physically damage reflection - in all cases will kill the Champ, and your worst case senario is a draw - both player end up dead.

Relics

Quote from: Tira on Nov 18, 2008, 12:37 AM
Quote from: Poki on Nov 17, 2008, 12:51 AM

Neither of the above are going to get you far. Aspersio will not affect elemental property of Asura, which is always neutral. Def will also do you absolutely zero good, since Asura is a critical hit and disregards defense.

Don't really see the need for Smokie in a Priest versus Champ scenario. I generally only use this against hybrid SB/Grimtooth SinX, since Hide inside a Safety Wall = immune to SB, and immune to Grimtooth, as if they want to Sight you they are then unable to Hide to Grimtooth. It's not like you can't instantly see if a Champ has five Spirit Spheres and Fury - if you see a Champ fitting this description you should be Safety Walling by default anyway, since stalling your cast is just an invitation for them to cast Pneuma on your face and laugh when you try to SW yourself (or alternatively TSS until you're lured to Pneuma YOURSELF, then go in for the Asura, which is equally as stupid on part of Priest).

If you're in a non-WoE can-be-knocked-back situation, barricade yourself against a wall so you can't be Palm Push Strike'd out of your Safety, and if they try to break it the old fashioned way, do not underestimate the usefulness of Marine Sphere card.

Lol.

You hide the moment the champ casts, asura will be cast and the champs SP is drained while you dont get any damage... unhide and walk away.

besides if the champ is good enough, he/she will play around with pps > asura or pps > directional asura, pneumaing before you swall.. etc
on priest i main ED, tag unfroz to heal and tag GR when i cant hide and being efisted..

it's been said, smokie-hide + swall.

fluidin

Lol this reminds me of some champs who Efist with a Quad Marina fist when they are up against someone whom they know have a GR card > speedpot away > rinse and repeat until target is frozen > Efist with proper weapon.

It kind of becomes a prediction / counter-prediction game hahas. Intensive and fun /gg

Quote from: bleu on Nov 18, 2008, 04:00 AM
A ghostring armor (-75%) should do the trick in most cases against asura together with a Cranial/Beret/Raydric.

I find the funniest thing is a Champ asura someone wearing Orc Lord armor; physically damage reflection - in all cases will kill the Champ, and your worst case senario is a draw - both player end up dead.

erm, but GR is ghost ele level 1 ?
which means 25% less damage =3

unless thats what you meant XD

bleu

I actually mean reducing Neutral damage by 75%.

Here is the elemental table
http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=misc_table_attr

This is how it should be read. True, armors are just level. So lets look at the first table.

For example:
Wearing a Fire Armor while being attacked by Water element, 150%. i.e. the damage done is 50% higher.

Wearing a Ghost Armor while being attacked by Neutral element, 25% i.e. the damage done is 75% lower

^^ i think there's been some misunderstanding,

for holy 1, it says under fire, water, earth, and wind, your damage would be 75%

it means you'd do 75% of what you normally would =3
not that you would do 75% less ^^~

bleu

Quote from: JJJ on Nov 20, 2008, 06:39 PM
^^ i think there's been some misunderstanding,

for holy 1, it says under fire, water, earth, and wind, your damage would be 75%

it means you'd do 75% of what you normally would =3
not that you would do 75% less ^^~

But u do 25% (100%-75%) less damage in your example when wearing a Holy Armor.

If I were to paraphrase your statement above and relate it to Ghostring, then it will look something like this

for ghost 1, it says under neutral, your damage would be 25%

it means you'd do 25% of what you normally would =3
not that you would do 25% less ^^~

Add a conclusion to that: So, you effectively do 75% (100%-25%) less damage

Poki

Therefore, we conclude with Poki's theory:

Quote-The opponent/monster's attribute is Ghost-
With a neutral spell, you would only do 25% of what the spell is meant to do
With a water spell, you would deal 100% therefore no additional or subtraction to your damage is given
With an earth spell, you would deal 100% therefore no additional or subtraction to your damage is given
with a fire spell, you would deal 100% therefore no additional or subtraction to your damage is given
with a wind spell, you would deal 100% therefore no additional or subtraction to your damage is given
with a poison spell, you would deal 100% therefore no additional or subtraction to your damage is given
with a holy spell, you would deal 100% therefore no additional or subtraction to your damage is given
with a shadow spell, you would deal 100% therefore no additional or subtraction to your damage is given
with a ghost spell, you would deal 125%, causing an additional 25% bonus damage of the 100%
with an undead spell, you would deal 100% therefore no additional or subtraction to your damage is given

In other words, if you deal a fixed damage of 4000 using FA (neutral property attack), you will deal only 1000 to the ghost property target.

In other words, you deal 75% less.

In other words, you deal only 25%.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you deal a fixed damage of 4000 using FA (neutral property attack), you will deal 4000 to neutral, water, earth, fire, wind, poison, holy, shadow, undead property targets. But the ghost has a different story as stated above this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have a Ghost property element and a neutral attack such as FA was used against you that normally does 4000, it will only deal 1000 to you but you will take 5000 if the FA was not neutral but a ghost property.

In other words, you take 25% of the total damage of FA.

In other words, you take 75% less damage from FA.

In the other sense, you take 125% more damage if FA was a ghost property attack.

Also can be seen as that you 25% more than normal if the FA was a ghost property attack.

/swt poki confused me now

^^;; but i guess, if you don't believe me we can always test it on the RMS test server

btw, were still talking about ghost ele level 1 right?

Poki

Yeah, that was all based on level 1 elements.  Was my little theory that confusing? Haha.

By the way, at some point within both of your posts, the two of you were agreeing with each other while disagreeing.

xD actually, i think we're agreeing, just we're both wording it so awkwardly it seems like were not =o