High Priest

Started by C a z, Nov 06, 2008, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: bleu on Nov 18, 2008, 04:00 AM
A ghostring armor (-75%) should do the trick in most cases against asura together with a Cranial/Beret/Raydric.

I find the funniest thing is a Champ asura someone wearing Orc Lord armor; physically damage reflection - in all cases will kill the Champ, and your worst case senario is a draw - both player end up dead.

erm, but GR is ghost ele level 1 ?
which means 25% less damage =3

unless thats what you meant XD

bleu

I actually mean reducing Neutral damage by 75%.

Here is the elemental table
http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=misc_table_attr

This is how it should be read. True, armors are just level. So lets look at the first table.

For example:
Wearing a Fire Armor while being attacked by Water element, 150%. i.e. the damage done is 50% higher.

Wearing a Ghost Armor while being attacked by Neutral element, 25% i.e. the damage done is 75% lower

^^ i think there's been some misunderstanding,

for holy 1, it says under fire, water, earth, and wind, your damage would be 75%

it means you'd do 75% of what you normally would =3
not that you would do 75% less ^^~

bleu

Quote from: JJJ on Nov 20, 2008, 06:39 PM
^^ i think there's been some misunderstanding,

for holy 1, it says under fire, water, earth, and wind, your damage would be 75%

it means you'd do 75% of what you normally would =3
not that you would do 75% less ^^~

But u do 25% (100%-75%) less damage in your example when wearing a Holy Armor.

If I were to paraphrase your statement above and relate it to Ghostring, then it will look something like this

for ghost 1, it says under neutral, your damage would be 25%

it means you'd do 25% of what you normally would =3
not that you would do 25% less ^^~

Add a conclusion to that: So, you effectively do 75% (100%-25%) less damage

Poki

Therefore, we conclude with Poki's theory:

Quote-The opponent/monster's attribute is Ghost-
With a neutral spell, you would only do 25% of what the spell is meant to do
With a water spell, you would deal 100% therefore no additional or subtraction to your damage is given
With an earth spell, you would deal 100% therefore no additional or subtraction to your damage is given
with a fire spell, you would deal 100% therefore no additional or subtraction to your damage is given
with a wind spell, you would deal 100% therefore no additional or subtraction to your damage is given
with a poison spell, you would deal 100% therefore no additional or subtraction to your damage is given
with a holy spell, you would deal 100% therefore no additional or subtraction to your damage is given
with a shadow spell, you would deal 100% therefore no additional or subtraction to your damage is given
with a ghost spell, you would deal 125%, causing an additional 25% bonus damage of the 100%
with an undead spell, you would deal 100% therefore no additional or subtraction to your damage is given

In other words, if you deal a fixed damage of 4000 using FA (neutral property attack), you will deal only 1000 to the ghost property target.

In other words, you deal 75% less.

In other words, you deal only 25%.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you deal a fixed damage of 4000 using FA (neutral property attack), you will deal 4000 to neutral, water, earth, fire, wind, poison, holy, shadow, undead property targets. But the ghost has a different story as stated above this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have a Ghost property element and a neutral attack such as FA was used against you that normally does 4000, it will only deal 1000 to you but you will take 5000 if the FA was not neutral but a ghost property.

In other words, you take 25% of the total damage of FA.

In other words, you take 75% less damage from FA.

In the other sense, you take 125% more damage if FA was a ghost property attack.

Also can be seen as that you 25% more than normal if the FA was a ghost property attack.

/swt poki confused me now

^^;; but i guess, if you don't believe me we can always test it on the RMS test server

btw, were still talking about ghost ele level 1 right?

Poki

Yeah, that was all based on level 1 elements.  Was my little theory that confusing? Haha.

By the way, at some point within both of your posts, the two of you were agreeing with each other while disagreeing.

xD actually, i think we're agreeing, just we're both wording it so awkwardly it seems like were not =o