Problems with SAK_SETUP1210.exe

Started by Brakurt, Jan 06, 2009, 08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brakurt

Hello everyone!

I've just downloaded the newest Sakray version (SAK_SETUP1210.exe) via aDrive Mirror 2 (I got the link from http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=download_kROLinks). The file seems to be perfect (I guess! because, when i right-click it and then go "properties", it says the file has 1.137.658.640 bytes, the same size that I saw a guy saying it has on a Web Forum. so I guess my file is OK, right?).

I used Mozilla Firefox (lastest version) for downloading, and it also said I downloaded evertyhing right (no errors during the download process).

But, when I double-click the file, nothing happens. My PC gets waaay slower, kinda freezing, and it opens a new process in the task manager called SAK_SETUP1210.exe. So I tried many times to close that process and try to re-open it, but it's just uncloseable. I have to reboot my computer to have my computer running normal (not slow, you know?).

So, after this long text, I wanna know if someone else has/had this problem that I'm having, and how can I solve it?? ???

Please, if you can, please, please, do help me!

I really appreciate your help! ;)

Cya!  :D

Zone

Try another download?
Perhaps your computer sucks.
I remember my computer slowed alot before the hard drive keeled ovar

Head Monocle of DOOM

My comp is brand new and did the same thing

It's a big file and the computer takes a while to start it up

I suggest stopping everything else you're doing and only try opening it once.
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.

yC

yes, it could be the comp is trying to read the exe in memory since it's a 1.3gb file there should be no surprise that it will take time to process and slow down your comp.

you can try wait for a while and come back to it.

New comp doesn't mean you can do everything fast /jealous T_T

Head Monocle of DOOM

You can always download an older version and run the patcher if that doesn't work.
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.

Brakurt

thanks for the msg's, dudes! ;D

i'm gonna try to double click it again and wait... if it doesnt work, i'm gonna download an older version and update it... if that doesn't work, i'm gonna play Age of Empires kkk  :P

thanks again!!! :D

cya
Posted on: Jan 06, 2009, 11:17 pm
it worked! i used the file and waited for about 2 min (but, before that, i closed a lot of useless process on task manager. but i really do NOT recommend that! NEVER do that if you really know what are you doing, because you can get lots of errors and stuff if do something wrong!), then the program ran normally!

thanks people!

c ya!