New servers Up~not really~

Started by retibution, Aug 20, 2008, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retibution

I'm a new server hunter basically someone who checks for new servers daily to conquer quickly before others come to hog MVP's and other things. basically for the reason of avoiding competition. For some reason more and more servers i see that are supposedly being opened on RMS is either Spam having their main page link as the the RMS registration page or they have yet to open and are just hyping it(dominanceRO- which is opening more than 3months from now). There should be a rule in the server guideline that the server should be open at the time of listing. I also propose a system benefiting players who report these servers and now dead servers. So that they'll be less junk on RMS.

uhhh but

QuoteRatemyserver.Net Terms of Service For Server Owners
Upon registration as a Server Owner, you agree to the following:

Your server meets all of the following basic ratemyserver.net server listing requirements:

• Your server is completed
  • Your server is currently up and running
  • Your server is going to be up almost 24/7 except during crash or maintenance
  • Your server accept player registration at the current time and in the foreseeable future
  • Your server has a completed website and/or forum (just a link to download your client or display your sclientinfo is unacceptable)
  • Your server homepage includes connection information, registration information and contact information such as a forum, a support section or an active IRC channel where your player can get help from

If any of the above requirement is not meet, ratemyserver.net reserve the right to remove your server from the ratemyserver.net server listing.

Zone

There should be no "benefit" to users, if they want to report those servers, they are free to do so, some of us actually check the listings in our free time, like myself, as well as the reviews.

yC

To the OP, i think you are ahead of me when checking that's why u run into all the spam sites.  At the end of the day, I check new signups and ban/delist anything that does not mean the requirement.