Add possible gears for Old Yellow Boxes, Old Red Boxes, etc

Started by Majinken Souga, Jan 20, 2011, 01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Majinken Souga

What do you get out of these?

What about this?

The average user would not know what comes out of these boxes. Would it be possible to add them and others like them to the random item generation tables in the misc database?
The only way to save Modern TV: burn it in a pile, then burn the ashes, then compress and burn those ashes, then sprinkle it with holy water, then send the result into a black hole and never see it again.

Scribbles

I think I used these in the RMS test server.
As I recall, you get a random headgear from the Red box

IDK about the yellow box

Symbol

The Red Box (12186) gives one of the following headgear:
* Alice Doll
* Crescent Moon Helm
* Laurel Crown
* Maiden's Twin Ribbon
* Kabuki Mask
* Decorative Geographer
* Neko Mimi
* Magic Eyes
* Nest Hat
* Kawaii Ribbon
* Hibiscus
* Puppy Hat
* Phoenix Crown
* Helm of Darkness

The other one (12189) only gives the Kawaii/MagicEyes/Hibiscus/AliceDoll
The Yellow Box (12240) gives one of the following headgear:
* Cookie Hat
* Silver Tiara
* Golden Tiara
* Elephant Hat

Scribbles

Lol, I also remember I got like, 500 to see if I would get anything different X3

Guess not.

mbl0128

yC

There are a lot of those random item generators and most of the possible things out of them can be found here:

http://eathena-project.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/db/item_misc.txt

I think if the random item generator is not a droppable item like OBB OVB OCA then having the list available will not be helpful anyway since the item is not obtainable in normal means.  You'll have to tell me where you get those yellow box or red box during normal game play ...

I know I have Cookie Bag / Wrapped Mask / Jewelry Box items listed and I totally forgot why I included the list for those lol.  Maybe it used to be limited to those before and then gravity keep adding them for no reason xD.  Because sometimes I feel stupid for having them there just for show and they are not dropped by anything.

Someone can go through the list and see which random item generators are actually obtainable by normal means like in a drop?  not sure which is from quest feel free to tell me too.

Usagimimi

I still think it's useful to have since a lot of servers incorperate these boxes into events, drops (one server has it dropping from Abysmal Knight), and sometimes, donation. The Red Box is especially common on servers nowadays and regardless it not dropping from anything, should be listed as well due to this.

Majinken Souga

Quote from: Yusifer on Jan 22, 2011, 02:51 PM
I still think it's useful to have since a lot of servers incorperate these boxes into events, drops (one server has it dropping from Abysmal Knight), and sometimes, donation. The Red Box is especially common on servers nowadays and regardless it not dropping from anything, should be listed as well due to this.

That is my hope, and it might give ideas to people who are starting a server.
The only way to save Modern TV: burn it in a pile, then burn the ashes, then compress and burn those ashes, then sprinkle it with holy water, then send the result into a black hole and never see it again.

Triper

@yC : You can get Jewelry Boxes from an official quest called Spy Quest.

yC

To fit a new line ... maybe we can pick 4 of these?

Washi

I think these boxes are from the Kafra shop on the official servers.

yC

Well I haven't forget you yet.  Got some spare time tonight and rather than joining Cheese etc to play LoL I added a few of those other random generation list.

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=misc_db_list

I took out cookie bag because i want to keep the list in a multiple of 4 to look good.  Nobody likes cookies =(

Majinken Souga

You forgot the First aid kit which is obtainable from quests in the new world on the officials.

iROwiki's article on the Tripatriate Union's Feud. Rewards: 1 first aid kit

QuoteNobody likes cookies =(

I LIKE COOKIES! ;D

yC

Aww ... from the starting post and the other posts I was under the impression that the headgears are of concern here.  Not the other cheap stuff that nobody cares xD  Thus why I took the cookies out too.