Pre-Renewal Based Servers, please! :)

Started by Ashee, Apr 10, 2015, 03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashee

Hi, everyone!  /??

My boyfriend and I (although, these are mostly my requirements, he's not as picky as I am) are looking for a Low/Mid-rate, Pre-Renewal Based Server.  I'm open to High-rate servers as well, although I tend to find that I lose interest particularly easy when it's a High-rate server with nothing to do. /hmm

The server I'm currently playing is DreamerRO and I'm okay with it so far.  I like that it's populated, but despite the fact that it's populated, I still find it difficult to find people within the server who are kind/patient enough to answer all my questions.  Yes, yes, I can go and read the forum, I understand that, but sometimes even reading the forums I'm still a bit confused as I was never wholly invested in RO before and I'm unfamiliar with all the classes/terms/etc.  So, because of that, I generally find it difficult to understand when people use acronyms, or expect that I have a significant prior knowledge about this game.

ANYWAYS.  /omg ENOUGH WITH THE RANT!   /heh These are my preferred qualities that I would love to invest my (and my boyfriend's) time in!

1. Automated Events Schedule must include:
         a. Disguise Event (We both compete against one another and I generally lose, but I have tons of fun participating in it.)
                                                 may include (Bonus!):
         b. Catch the Poring (I think that's what it's called, it's the one with a bunch of porings with different spellings of their name)
2. Bounty Hunter (MVPs)
         a. I personally love the prospect of racing to find a MVP and killing it before anyone else.  It gives me an adrenaline rush.  /no1
3. Stylist / Custom Styles
         a. This one isn't too major of a factor, but it's nice when you're able to customize your character to the full extent and not have a bunch of characters with just different variations of hair colour running around.
4. Friendly, dedicated staff
         a. It's nice to be able to know that there's at least one GM you can turn to for exceptional service, and not just GMs who care nothing of the public and only their friends.
5. No Pay-to-Win scenarios, please. It's okay to have donation-based items, (We all need money, lol, esp. the ones dedicating their time to make an awesome server!) but at least make it also available to the general population as well.
6. Populated ~100 people at least, any more or any less is okay too.
7. IMPORTANT!: Must have useful commands i.e @aloot, @go, @warp, and it would be nice to be able to hot key different commands. @go is the one I care for most. ain't no one got enough time to walk everywhere.  /omg

Those are pretty much my only requirements and when it's broken down, I really only care for Disguise Event, Bounty Hunter, and useful commands.

Thank you for reading my stupidly, long for no reason requirements. :)

I'm excited to be a part of your server!

Fino

Hello Ashee and Hello to your boyfriend as well =3 Hope you guys are doing well?

I know the feeling of coming to a game and not being too familiar with its mechanics and how its actually running :c I still get this feeling whenever i start a new game and my boyfriend himself seems to know everything better and it just frustates knowing so little q_q Anyways, to avoid this bad feeling among our players, we came up with a lil syteme to assist our new users. Who ever applies for a starter package on our server can choose if he or she wants to be put into our Mentee system. Its basically that our staff helpers take you by hand and show you around. Once you signed for a Menteeship, a Council member of our staff will take you and you will be automatically friended ingame, so its easy to spot who actually is your mentor and if she or he is actually online. Besides that, you could always poke us via @request or use the forum to reach a gm or your mentor :) Its basically your start up guide to get known to the game and the server features. And don't be shy. We are always up to answer all your questions even if you have a bunch :> You can also reach me on my account [GM] Poi Poi ingame or on our Forum (Name: Poi Poi) and I can show you around some if you like.

Now you may be wondering of which server im talking about.
Weeeell... I'm talking about WoonRO.

You may have heard of us before? :3

Anyways,
Im just going through your requirementslist and maybe you and your love would like to try us out =D

2. Bounty Hunter (MVPs)
5. No Pay-to-Win scenarios
7. IMPORTANT!: Must have useful commands i.e @aloot, @go, @warp, and it would be nice to be able to hot key different commands. @go is the one I care for most. ain't no one got enough time to walk everywhere.

1. About Autom. Events:
Im handing you a link beforehand which you can explore.
WoonRo Event List.
Basically the Wiki-Page I just posted you contains all automatic Events we have to offer. We do not include limited autom. Events into this sheet. They are separated and get announced on our Forum :)

Anyways,
the automatic Events we offer are:

* Devil Square (a Spawn / teamwork Event that opens every 4hours)
* Treasure Hunt in changing towns
* King of Emperium (GvG Event)
* Emperium Breaker

Randomized Events that happen every hour at exactly xx:45.
* Novice vs Zombies
* Poring Catcher
* Poring Punch
* Maze Event
* Disguise Event

Autom. Events that get activated by GM's
* Cluckers
* Mr. Password
* Town Invasions

Currently we have a special automatic Event running. Our Easter 2015 Event which spawns randomly special Event monsters that drop special items to build limited headgears with :3 Some maps also include constant spawns of those mobs during the event periode.
So incase youre into cute and exclusive headgears and don't mind putting some effort in getting those, you should absolutely take a look into us.

We ofcourse offer GM hosted Events as well :>

2. Bounty MvP Hunter:
I assume youre looking for special drops of MvP's. We actually keep our monsters and mvps as close as to the original scripts. We only added a special drop to the MvP's which is the item Gold Coin with a dropchance of 10%. Gold Coins are used to purchase special gears from the gold coin shop incase you wonder :) We do not have tombstones or convex mirrors, so youre asked to note times and check for mvps frequently.

Besides that, we offer special MvPS named Piamette, Pyuriel and Wish Maiden. Those drop items to generate special headgears again. You can find them in custom dungeon fields :)

3. Stylist:
Our Stylist offers you 553 Clothes Styles, 250 Hair Colors and 74 Hair Styles.
Palettes & Styles
Besides that, we offer you a bunch of custome headgears and normal headgear quests to round up your style :3

4. Friendly / dedicated Staff:
We keep Woon updated with new content and we put our effort in making the game most enjoyable for all our players. We do not want that people get bored and afk in town so we try to add enough new content to keep our players busy and running :> Our Update Maintenances happen usually every weekend.
Newest updates we puplished: Easter Event 2015, BG Case Sytem (Special BG Rewards), Fishing level 1, 2 and 3 and the Witch Academy with special MvP Fields)

About friendliness :> Thats for the players to decide but We are giving it our best to represent the server in the best possible way. If theres concerns or complaints, we are always open to hear you out and solve the issues in the most calm and effective way for both sides.

5. No Pay-to-Win scenarios:
I can understand your concern and why youre bringing this as a requirement. As most of the servers out there, we live from donations but we do not force anyone to donate to us. All donation items are ofcourse available through ingame quests and we do not offer any gear with hilarious stats.

6. Populated ~100 people at least, any more or any less is okay too:
As every server out there, our population drops and raises. If i had to guess for our current population, I'd say its about 250-300 people on peak times.

7. IMPORTANT!: Must have useful commands

We have @go, @storage, @autoloot/alootid, @load, @restockmanage/restock, @noks, @mi/ii/whodrops/showmobs and a few more. We do not have @warp, but our warper npc warps you to most dungeons levels (not nydd-instance since the quest is required) and to all fields levels (even mvps fields).

So incase I've tickled your interest, here are some important links to find us.

WoonRO's Pre-Renewal Webpage
WoonRO's Forum
WoonRO Wiki
Our RMS Page Pre-Renewal

If you have any questions before you wanna decide, you can always poke me =3

Best wishes  /lv

Ashee

Hi, Poi Poi!  /ok

I was wondering if there were any plans in implementing a @warp/@jump command.  I do enjoy all the other aspects of the server, however! : )

As for the Bounty Hunter MVP,
   I was actually looking for a randomized, automated (maybe/maybe not), event where an MVP would pop up in a random map where a server message would be sent that "[This MVP] has appeared in [Region i.e. pay_dun] or something (I'm still unfamiliar with maps, but hopefully you get the idea!).  In which case, you would go through maps i.e. pay_dun00, pay_dun01, pay_dun02.. etc. and using @jump (or walking around the whole map) to try to locate and kill the MVP before anyone else. : )  (Maybe it's an idea you guys can implement in your server later on!)

Thank you so much for your response, by the way!  You were thorough, kind, and just plain awesome in explaining your server. : ) I'm sure it's pretty popular because of GMs like you.

If I decide not to join WoonRO, I've definitely missed out on befriending someone like you, but as I stated before, I'm pretty picky. : (

But, hopefully, I'll see you around!  /lv

Fino

Heey, Thanks for explaining me the mvp bounty hunter event :> I wasn't sure what it actually did. And no, we do not have such an event yet. Its actually a pretty neat idea so its worth discussing and maybe our admins agree to implement such an event in the future :D

We have something similiar to it though. Since we offer the feature fishing, players are able to release a Kraken MvP which gets serverwide announced.

About the @jump and @warp command. I'm pretty certain those commands wont be available for players since the warper already contains most warps and it would be a hassle to block certain quest maps from the @warp command. Like Event Maps, our quest required dungeons and so on :c People would be able to access it without giving the requirments to enter. And making a special @warp command to block those certain maps, well I dont know :c that wont pretty much happen.
For @jump, you can pretty much use fly wings (I understand the weightlimit but the @restock command would make it easy to restock without going into storage and taking them out once they run off). Maybe in the future we will add a ref. fly wing but I'm not sure about it. Its been under discussion for a while.

Oh and don't worry if you do not choose to play with us :> Atleast I could give you a little overview of what we offer and how we actually run. If you decide to play somewhere else, well it would be sad but its for you to decide and you should feel like home when joining a server [= Though, if you do decide to try us out we will welcome you with open arms!

Best wishes  /lv

MiyumiChan

Website - Here
Forums -  Here
You choose your destiny.
Watch our Opening Trailer

What You Seek
HeartBreakRO - Just reopened just 9 days ago.. The struggles getting more players.

Quote from: Ashee on Apr 10, 2015, 03:26 AM

a. Disguise Event (We both compete against one another and I generally lose, but I have tons of fun participating in it.)
                                                 may include (Bonus!):
         b. Catch the Poring (I think that's what it's called, it's the one with a bunch of porings with different spellings of their name)
2. Bounty Hunter (MVPs)
         a. I personally love the prospect of racing to find a MVP and killing it before anyone else.  It gives me an adrenaline rush.  /no1
         a. This one isn't too major of a factor, but it's nice when you're able to customize your character to the full extent and not have a bunch of characters with just different variations of hair colour running around.
         a. It's nice to be able to know that there's at least one GM you can turn to for exceptional service, and not just GMs who care nothing of the public and only their friends.
5. No Pay-to-Win scenarios, please. It's okay to have donation-based items, (We all need money, lol, esp. the ones dedicating their time to make an awesome server!) but at least make it also available to the general population as well.
7. IMPORTANT!: Must have useful commands i.e @aloot, @go, @warp, and it would be nice to be able to hot key different commands. @go is the one I care for most.

Automated Events - So far we only have, flower counting game and skill matching. We also have a poring hunt event as well but is only open if a GM activates it. We plan on adding more as soon as we enter the "Hell Mode" events with the current update, "Season 3" Beginning of Chaos.

Bounty Hunter - As you progress through storylines, there is mobs you have to kill in order to pass on to the next chapter of the story. Whichever side you're on there is always a target for something.

Stylist/Custom Styles - Yes, In Sevellia's Headquarters. or @ccolor, @hstyle, @hcolor.

Friendly Dedicated Staff - Currently just me and Eggplant atm. I'm undergoing a lot of health issues, but I still manage to add in good updates and player requests. Also Eggplant and I are very welcoming, because the server population is still small we are kinda like a family, for everyone knows one another.

Pay-To-Win  - We are a free server, open to anyone who wishes to try. Its also a RP server aiming to be one of the best RP servers there is. So pay to win?, we have no donates so that's impossible, but if I were to dedicate donates, it would all  go to towards the Canadian Cancer Society, me being a patient of cancer I wish to at least raise some funds for that purpose.

Populated - As I said not much is interested in a RP server, yet alone a low community type. We are growing pretty slowly at a good pace, running to around average 12 players online. Hopefully grow a bit more along the months. Being a week open its pretty good progress.

Convenience Features/Commands(@storage/@go/@autoloot/@warp/ and a lot more.) 

Donation - We don't have donation, a free based Role-Play server.

Considering its a story based server, the card rates are important for survival.
- English is Main Language.

What you Might Dislike
Population - Due to it not being anywhere close to your 100 mark.
Disguise Event - Not available, but if its requested on our forum. It will be implemented upon updates.

Choosing a Side

- All up to you.
- More Info - RMS Ad