YmirRO Experience = Good Experience

Started by Tigress, May 05, 2009, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigress

Review of YmirRO, rms link:http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=4084&url_sname=Ymir-RO&itv=6

Okay, decided to write a review myself after finding myself adding comments to Heipmaster's review alot. lol.
I'll keep it short.

Review
YmirRO is an excellent server. It is hosted in USA with a direct link to Asia and Australia. The administrator of the server GM-Ymir is very professional, and ensures his staff members keep a very high level of professionalism in handling matters in the server. The server is not perfect, but have provided a very satisfactory experience to the game.

The population is mostly Australian, probably followed by South East Asian players, and then Americans and finally, some from Europe. Average population is still small (below 100) but has been in a steady growth. In Feb 2009 the server had like 6~20 players online, and now it is about ~70 players online during Aus Evening time. (including some 5~15 vendors) But still, it is great to see more players consistently coming in, as it drives the economy, and people tend to stay and bring in more friends due to the very professional setup of the server.

I stayed on this server for over 5 months now, mainly due to the friendly people on the server. I'm in University now, and I thought i'm getting too old for this game, but i was pleasantly surprised when most people i met on the server are people i can have actual intelligent conversations with! Many of which i found out are uni goers or are working people. :)
(* i retired for a few yrs from RO because i can't find anyone whom i can talk to in game... they were all childish)
So the population is friendly, and smart. haha, i bet it isn't something u can say alot about a gaming community. but yeah.

The server game setup is 10x/10x/10x, and 10x for quest. NO DONATIONS and NO CUSTOMS. Therefore the gameplay is very balanced, and thus the class distribution on the server is balanced.

Events are plentiful, with event almost everyday of the week.

There are 2 WOE sessions with two flavors.
WOE:Classic is on Saturday GMT 2-3am.
WOE:Second Edition is on Wednesday 10-12am.
Both WOE are awesome, highly competitive. Since the server has only about 100 players, the GM decided to open up ONE castle each WOE, which was an excellent decision so that WOE doesn't get watered down to 4~5 ppl one castle. It seems like a very obvious thing to do, but 2 previous small servers i played opened up ALL castles, and WOE was boring.

The server is still young, as in the GM team is actively working to bring new improvements to the server, and setting up new WOE sessions, and new events, and is currently hiring more staff. This is a very good sign to me because it shows the server is not one which will close down soon.
When Admins say "we will never close down" those are empty promises, as we know all RO experience will end some day when the admin cannot keep it up due to changes in their lives. But I can see from the GM team that they are all excited about the growth of the server and that, once again, is a very good sign.

There can be so much more good things to say about the server, but I'm out of time. lol, need to go class.
So in conclusion, if you are looking for a long term enjoyment of the game, i very much highly recommend YmirRO to you. Come in game and talk to me personally to find out more. Tigress is my IGN.

GM-Ymir

It makes my job worth while to see a happy player.
Come visit my server at (www.Ymir-RO.net)

Tigress

;D
tq for making a show. Its good to show you yourself is checking out the review sections, which proves my point in Admins being enthusiastic about the server.
srsly, you are doing a good job GM-Ymir.
Made this review here mainly hoping more people will find your server.

Update on server pop:
Growing fast. ~90 players were online for last WoE(including some 15 vendors). my guild won!! :P

Zelos

Quote from: Tigress on May 11, 2009, 09:46 PM
;D
tq for making a show. Its good to show you yourself is checking out the review sections, which proves my point in Admins being enthusiastic about the server.
srsly, you are doing a good job GM-Ymir.
Made this review here mainly hoping more people will find your server.

Update on server pop:
Growing fast. ~90 players were online for last WoE(including some 15 vendors). my guild won!! :P

You're slowly turning this into an ad.

Tigress

News regarding the server is Ad?
Go check out the definition of Advertisement before just spamming "Ad Ad ad" like a fool.
saying a server has 90 players ISN"T an Ad! I'm simply pointing out a FACT! 90 players isn't even an impressive number to begin with,.. i'm not painting any false picture of the server.

Descent

Quote from: Tigress on May 13, 2009, 07:31 PM
News regarding the server is Ad?
Go check out the definition of Advertisement before just spamming "Ad Ad ad" like a fool.
saying a server has 90 players ISN"T an Ad! I'm simply pointing out a FACT! 90 players isn't even an impressive number to begin with,.. i'm not painting any false picture of the server.

Don't get snotty about it. The review was a review, tacking more goodies onto it under the pretense of "news" slowly DOES turn it into an Advertisement.

Before you go and call people fools, go back and read the other reviews left by people who continue to compound on it until it's just a three page long advertisement for their server.

Thank you.

On the positive side: Kudos, Ymir. Your server's recovering from the sudden disappearance of months back.

DivineDivinity

lol, no more updates after being smacked by Yumi.

What is the population now? Thinking of joining.

GM-Ymir

Quote from: DivineDivinity on Jun 30, 2009, 09:35 PM

lol, no more updates after being smacked by Yumi.

What is the population now? Thinking of joining.

95 during WoE. Of course not all the time. But on the bright side, we're growing in such hard times for RO servers. You're welcome to drop by and give us a try whenever you like, hopefully you'll like it on Ymir-RO.

To Descent, thanks again. It's good to see the server on its feet.
Come visit my server at (www.Ymir-RO.net)