VoidRO

Started by Elalya, Nov 29, 2009, 01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elalya

VoidRO - 60x/60x/25x
www.voidro.com

At first glance, VoidRO appears to be an excellent server. However, as one begins to delve deeper and deeper it's many flaws become apparent. VoidRO in of itself has a LOT of potential, this I will not deny, but it is plagued by poor administration and flawed donation items.

RMS Standards:
-Stability: 3.5
VoidRO has constant lag, even when the player count goes under 10. While I have no proof to back this up, I was told that the server actually runs off of a home computer and connection--not a dedicated host as it claims. Again, I have no proof to back this up and am just relaying what I was told... though it does sound feasible as the server is quite laggy.

-Availability: 10
Despite the constant lag, however, the server never actually goes down. So, a 10, I guess?

Friendliness (Community): 10
A really solid community. Not much more to say. Some people are pretty easily offended and might want to try taking themselves less seriously, but all the same it's good enough for a 10.

Events: 4
There are daily automated events. They're the public ones that hoted on the eA forums, so even though they claim to make their own all they're really doing is changing the dialogue.

Friendliness (Game-Masters): 1
Degrading and abusive. More on this later as it is what will prevent growth in this server.

Availability (Game-Masters): 10
They're always there... even though that might not be a good thing.

Helpfulness: 1
If you ask for help or wish to dispute something, be prepared to be ridiculed and not served. I was personally called a "Stupid c***" while trying to resolve and issue.

Economy: 2
All of the basic gears are supplied in the ingame market and they're all at their maximum number of slots (ie: they sell katana [4]s). There aren't many AFK vendors, and the ones that are there aren't really selling anything. This is mainly due to a small player base, but it's still worth mentioning. If you want something, you're going to have to hunt it on your own. Zeny can only buy you consumables from NPC's.

Guild Competition: 1
One guild, Legend, owns all of the castles period. Why? They're the only guild that competes in WoE. Again, this is mainly due to the size of the player-base, but it still must be mentioned.
Class Balance: 10 (used to be rangers overpowered, but now balanced)

Cash shop balance: 1
If anyone's played Niktout, you will feel some major dejavu. Equipment for every slot is purchasable, and they are far better than the "custom quests" that they implemented (which are essentially, "Go and get me an impossibly large number of items".) The average hunting time on a maxed level character for a custom item (non-donation) is about 15 hours.

Donation Headgear (Top)
Donation Headgear (Mid)
Donation Headgear (Wings) (Bot)
Donation Armors (Garment, Armor, Footgear)
Donation Weapons
Donation "Runes" (Accessories that add lots of stats)

Just go look at it, it's really nice. No flash equals no lag and is very good. The layout is good and the skin is nice.

Total: 53.5/120
    => 44.5%

Additional Info: Finishing this review, you should note that I was IP banned from the server. My offence? Rudeness. What did I say? I gave an answer to a query asked by a GM and followed it up with a degrading, "Duh". I did, however, try to be as unbias as possible while writing.

And for everyone's viewing pleasure, the kind of language that you will be recieving while dealing with the GM team:

I will also note that the server has very good security. They have a custom packet encryption, which effectively keeps the server from being botted (unless someone decides to release the server info).

It is really quite sad to a server that could have been so great be so poor. I will conclude with this: Give the server a try. If the GM's decide that they like you, you're in luck as a guild member (Yes, I was in Legend ;)) informed me that they were supplied with items by the team. Otherwise, you're out of luck.

tracer

This server has been around for a long time already. Whatever potential they had now should have been unleashed long ago. I remember there rates being 300/300/x or something. There was also another VoidRO(ran by someone else) before this one, but it died 4 years ago, it was pretty fun too. :(
Quote from: Final on Nov 29, 2009, 04:58 AM
Skills aren't exactly needed to run a server however they are good to run an excellent server.
Close your eyes and smash your keyboard. You're doing just fine.
Quote from: Final on Dec 12, 2009, 10:45 PM
@tracer Damn so badass!!
Yeah!
Quote from: tracer on Dec 14, 2009, 05:48 PM
Mission Accomplished!
Someone's got to say it.
Quote from: Ironic on Dec 14, 2009, 05:48 PM
Temjin - Seems like anything that comes out of your mouth is a swing at somebody here.
4444 Quotes.

Elalya

It was remade very recently. Rates were lowered to 60x/60x/25x and the max level is 190.

I don't know about you, but when a server is completely changed like that all that is the same is the (in this case, poor) management since it's practically a new server.

Kee

Keale would never say that. In my time there, he was always polite and kind. However.

Possibly Aroo was on his account, which is, well, VERY possible. She's got a mouth and a bad attitude.

Or, you could simply be lying, forging evidence. Wouldn't be hard to get into their GRF and grab the screenshot logo, and the skin itself is easy to steal.

Tom~

Quote from: Kee on Dec 24, 2009, 09:51 AMOr, you could simply be lying, forging evidence. Wouldn't be hard to get into their GRF and grab the screenshot logo, and the skin itself is easy to steal.

Oh, please, I have yet to see someone doing that =/

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Ravi

Quote from: Kee on Dec 24, 2009, 09:51 AM
Keale would never say that. In my time there, he was always polite and kind. However.

Possibly Aroo was on his account, which is, well, VERY possible. She's got a mouth and a bad attitude.

Or, you could simply be lying, forging evidence. Wouldn't be hard to get into their GRF and grab the screenshot logo, and the skin itself is easy to steal.

That's you though. When people get along with one another you only see the good side of them. So that's not going to aid in his defence.

Also, Why on earth would someone else have the Login information to an Admin/Game Masters account? It's not right. Not right at all. How can you trust a server and it's staff, when you don't even know who's actually on the account?

I've never played VoidRO myself, as it didn't appeal to me in any way, shape or form. But despite the evidence of been treated like s***, you left a good review.
It's nice to see a review that's actually giving credit where credit is due. So well done to you! *Pat~*

ZellDincht1226

Quote from: Tom~ on Dec 24, 2009, 10:05 AM
Quote from: Kee on Dec 24, 2009, 09:51 AMOr, you could simply be lying, forging evidence. Wouldn't be hard to get into their GRF and grab the screenshot logo, and the skin itself is easy to steal.

Oh, please, I have yet to see someone doing that =/

This took me a few seconds to do. If someone wanted to do this badly, it's not that hard.

tiawyn

Quote from: Ravi on Dec 24, 2009, 11:13 AM
Quote from: Kee on Dec 24, 2009, 09:51 AM

That's you though. When people get along with one another you only see the good side of them. So that's not going to aid in his defence.

Also, Why on earth would someone else have the Login information to an Admin/Game Masters account? It's not right. Not right at all. How can you trust a server and it's staff, when you don't even know who's actually on the account?

I've never played VoidRO myself, as it didn't appeal to me in any way, shape or form. But despite the evidence of been treated like s***, you left a good review.
It's nice to see a review that's actually giving credit where credit is due. So well done to you! *Pat~*
I've also been on this server, and I have to agree to what Elalya has to say, to some degree. To reply to Ravi, this server is a double admin server, Keale and Aroo are married and running the server together, hence Aroo being able to get onto Keale's account (which I have no clue why she would do that). I haven't interacted with the Administration myself, only a few times I talked to Keale about having more events, but he gave me some excuse that he doesn't have time or whatnot, which is understandable.

The constant lag is true, I had to face the turmoil of having to hunt for 35x drops for a whole day in spite of the lag. Because of this low drop rate, the economy is terrible. I invited someone to the server and he hated the fact that hardly anyone vends. The one reason why I dropped the server is that there would be random down times for no particular reason other than a very long lag.

Keale has been playing around with the donation items, having certain customs obtainable only by donation, then he dropped it completely saying that donations you get only just a little something (ex. random headgear box) that isn't significant. It makes me wonder where the money is going especially since I believe Elalya mentioned that the server is running off of a personal computer.

~Tiawyn

Keale

The server is hosted by Frantech, not a home computer, the lag spikes you may have experienced in the past were Ddos attacks on Frantech so couldn't be prevented. Other than that which was temporary we experience very minimal lag and pretty much 24/7 uptime.

I am obviously going to defend my server but some of the poor things mentioned are indeed true due to the fact of the low population. We are constantly evolving and trying to find new ways to gain players and improve. Right now I would like to mention that VoidRO will be going through a major makeover and name change. Again our dedicated staff will be working on re-inventing our server to hopefully fix all our faults and bring a whole new experience to the game. Support recently has been slow and will soon kick back into action, I apologize.

I would like to explain the situation regarding the conversation between myself and Elalya. What she fails to tell you is that she is one of those people who always have to be right, and a GMs worst nightmare. She was disrespectful to a GM and was calmly told not to be rude, which then followed with PMs from Elalya with an arsenal of reasons why she is right and you are wrong. She then proceeded to PM myself and I explained to her that it would be best to just let it go, as it was minor and she was blowing things out of proportion. Every comment she made was a smartass reply to what I had said and it got to the point where I didn't want her negative disrespectful attitude towards the Staff on my server, anymore. I apologize for the bad language but you really annoyed the hell out of me. I'm sure all Admins reading this have come across players like this. Yes it was me, not Aroo. People will know me to be a very laid back and calm person, so to push me to the point where I say things like that, speaks for itself.

All donations go towards server bills and advertisement, we don't get enough of them to see ourselves. When we release the new version, a percentage of all donations received will be donated to the Arbor Day Foundation. Like a said, it will be a whole new experience.

GorthexTiger

Quote from: Keale on Jan 18, 2010, 12:44 AM
She was disrespectful to a GM and was calmly told not to be rude, which then followed with PMs from Elalya with an arsenal of reasons why she is right and you are wrong. She then proceeded to PM myself and I explained to her that it would be best to just let it go, as it was minor and she was blowing things out of proportion. Every comment she made was a smartass reply to what I had said and it got to the point where I didn't want her negative disrespectful attitude towards the Staff on my server, anymore.

It should've ended right here: a ban and IP ban would've done the deed.

I apologize for the bad language but you really annoyed the hell out of me. I'm sure all Admins reading this have come across players like this.

Well Yes I have, but I've never called any of them a c*nt. If they were being mouthy, it's very easy to do a 5 minute mute and hope they'll cool off. If not, ban them, there are things and appropriate levels of action that can be done instead of calling someone a c*nt. It just damages your server's reputation and yours.
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

Usagimimi

Quote from: Elalya on Nov 29, 2009, 01:10 AMIf anyone's played Niktout

AMAGAD! <3 I played the MR, though. It was epic. Epic. Epic. Epic. HR was OP with Niktout God Items lol

The admin of VoidRO is fail. Just that screenshot proves it. The donations are OP as well.

As a player, I'd never consider this server.

xKyriex

The server is hosted by Frantech, not a home computer, the lag spikes you may have experienced in the past were Ddos attacks on Frantech so couldn't be prevented. Other than that which was temporary we experience very minimal lag and pretty much 24/7 uptime.

I am obviously going to defend my server but some of the poor things mentioned are indeed true due to the fact of the low population. We are constantly evolving and trying to find new ways to gain players and improve. Right now I would like to mention that VoidRO will be going through a major makeover and name change. Again our dedicated staff will be working on re-inventing our server to hopefully fix all our faults and bring a whole new experience to the game. Support recently has been slow and will soon kick back into action, I apologize.

I would like to explain the situation regarding the conversation between myself and Elalya. What she fails to tell you is that she is one of those people who always have to be right, and a GMs worst nightmare. She was disrespectful to a GM and was calmly told not to be rude, which then followed with PMs from Elalya with an arsenal of reasons why she is right and you are wrong. She then proceeded to PM myself and I explained to her that it would be best to just let it go, as it was minor and she was blowing things out of proportion. Every comment she made was a smartass reply to what I had said and it got to the point where I didn't want her negative disrespectful attitude towards the Staff on my server, anymore. I apologize for the bad language but you really annoyed the hell out of me. I'm sure all Admins reading this have come across players like this. Yes it was me, not Aroo. People will know me to be a very laid back and calm person, so to push me to the point where I say things like that, speaks for itself.

All donations go towards server bills and advertisement, we don't get enough of them to see ourselves. When we release the new version, a percentage of all donations received will be donated to the Arbor Day Foundation. Like a said, it will be a whole new experience.

This has been well said already, but even if the player was out of bounds, it was also out of bounds to curse out the player rather than calmly ending it with a acc/ip ban to the player's account. Once the problem reaches a certain level it's best to act rather than follow along. If you drop down to the level of the player causing the problem, it will make you look bad and even alter the opinions people may have of either you or the staff as a whole.