UtopiaRO NW

Started by Usagimimi, Sep 15, 2011, 07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usagimimi

First off, I'll say I didn't play the v2 for very long - a week at the most - but I was a long-term player in v1 and a Mediator. A few of my friends continued playing there even after I left, though, and part of their experience is shared here, too. Those opinions will be marked in green.

To begin, this is a fair review, and has nothing to do with having been on the staff pre-launch. If, before you respond that is, you're going to comment on this as a basis of argument, don't even bother - it's an empty argument and has nothing to do with what's written here.

Availability - 10/10

In the two or so weeks that the server's been online, I haven't seen any downtime. I look at the website often enough, even after quitting, to see how many are online. My playtime was smooth and lagless, and it seems that the availability and stability has retained this positive attribute.

Friendliness [Community] - 5/10

There are a lot of veterans from v1 back on v2, veterans whom I considered to be friendly. Don't get me wrong - you log in in-game for the first time, and you're overwhelmed with welcomes. It's nice to know that people will take the time to write a welcome in #main or simply CTRL+V it into the textbox. These veterans, however, weren't as friendly as I thought, and harrassed me for asking a question while teaming up on people who weren't even involved. They harrassed two other players of the server, who subsequently left, thinking that them supporting anything I said was equivelent to knowing me personally - which was not the case at the time. Since the incident is a common factor of our RO "life", we have bonded since, but we hadn't really spoken prior to the incident overall. It's unfortunate to know that the community I had praised quickly turned face because they had the wrong idea about the situation behind-the-scenes. What they thought was a grudge because of being inexplicably removed from the staff was actually just a question out of ignorance of not knowing Rachel required donations in v1. If I had known that? Then I wouldn't have asked about it, but to my knowledge, Rachel in v1 had always been open and available to everyone without requiring 500M. The thread was junked and I don't know if it's still floating around in the trash bin, but the hostility was incredulous.

The server, according to my friend's experience, also rejoices in anyone being banned for any reason, even if it's small and ridiculous, or even a misunderstanding. It hypes them up and excites them, causing drama amongst themselves and rumours, mindless banter and chatter. It's sad, especially when a ban occurs that is quite lengthy for something that had been misunderstood or taken wrong.

Friendliness [Staff] - 3/10

The staff, minus Nyx/Saki specifically, happen to be friendly, but among them are hypocrites - in my experience, all of them - who'll say what you want to hear, but really mean something else and plot behind-the-scenes. Nyx/Saki had issues with a lot of players in v1 (or maybe, the players had problem with her? or both? However you want to word it) and managed to portray herself as an upfront, drastic, moody individual, but focused and useful on the staff - except for public relations. Serenity is pretty honest overall except when Nyx is pulling his strings (see: Marionette Control). I have nothing to say about Satan; I don't really know him, nei' did I talk to him. Same with Koide. He seems nice enough. Styx had issues with me from the start, but towards the general public, he's OK. The big thing about the staff is that they'll spam a topic with whatever supports Serenity's/Nyx's opinion, rather than considering those of the players who play there. I can understand someone sharing their opinion with someone else on the staff; however, there are better ways to convey your opinion as a member of a "professional" server than to simply state "+1 Yeah I'm with that" without actually adding onto it. If you were a player, then +1ing would be acceptable, but it's more of a troll thing to do when you're on the staff. Out of context, it doesn't sound that harmful, but it really isn't appropriate and doesn't let others perceive you well.

On another note,  the admins are always in @hide with PMs auto-rejected, and the forum topics are either ignored or just brutally bashed, so there's no real option for a decent debate / discussion on a subject.

I'm not saying the way I expressed my Rachel question was necessarily right. It started out fine, and jTynne's response was much appreciated and mature. The whole thing exploded after Nyx's trollish +1 comment and, if you know Nyx/Saki at all, the only vibe you could get from that is cockiness at its greatest. After that came a few community members with some confused views.

Basically, if you don't like hypocricy, or Staff Bandwagons, then this is a to-avoid server.

Eventfulness - 8/10

Lots of events! I can't deny that. Scavenger Hunter, Monster of the Week, Race of the [Day?], and automated + GM events keep everyone entertained. Basically, there's always something to do, from attaining a high ranking in Ides, or just simply gathering items for scavenger.

Economy - ?

I can't comment on the economy; however, I remember seeing things at decent prices in the beginning. Hydra Cards at 3,000,000, that kind of thing. Perfectly fine for a price.

Guild Competition - 6/10

Guilds were developing at the beginning, but there were quite a few of them. I don't know how popular WoE will be in v2 (it wasn't too great in v1 from what I heard - but that was partially the community's fault), but hopefully it'll be better than last time with good incentives that'll outmatch or equal the incentive given to partake in Ides. Battlegrounds is another thing that should expand in v2 as it wasn't really used in v1 (or introduced, for that matter, til the end.)

Class Balance - 9/10

I don't think there are any drastic modifications to classes this time around. I noticed that they implemented TaeKwon changes after they bashed Seekoh for it, and after she left the server. This shouldn't affect balance really; I just found it humorous since the only reason it was contemplated was because of this one player who ended up leaving due to being disrespected. Gravity has its own little issues, like Chemists and Sinxs, but it's controversial. I find it balanced, others no, and that's why it's a nine and not a ten.

-

Again, no grudges or anything. The server is great except for some of the main admin's accompaniment. The friendly community I had known turned face and showed a side I had never seen before. It was shocking, really, and although I knew joining the server after my weird dismissal might cause some drama / problems, but I didn't think it'd occur as such. Again, maybe I came across wrong when I voiced my opinion; however, one cannot say that the staff isn't over-touchy on the smallest of things, and that they don't over-react. They're also really passive-aggressive, and I think that's what Nyx/Saki doesn't realize about her posts in particular. If you like events, parties, MVPing, and some random team vs. team action, then uRO might be good for you, as long as you keep your trap shut on everything, don't associate with the staff, and basically, in regards to social harrassment, "take it up the bum" - voicing your opinion is suicide, you see? - while you're in-game. Even if harrassment isn't tolerated, blatant disrespect is everywhere, and uRO isn't immune, even at its core.

That is all.

Replies? Keep it clean. I don't want this moved to Soap Opera or w/e.

Usagimimi

Quote from: YusiferIt started out fine, and jTynne's response was much appreciated and mature.

Which is why I like when you post, because even when you're direct, you don't sound like a jerkwad. Thanks.

Quote from: YusiferSeekoh

Seekoh was specifically having issues with EXP. It felt as though she wasn't getting the right amount on her character while she was there. I personally had no issues with it, but she seemed certain that her EXP gain was wonky.

In regards to this:

Quote from: jTynne(e.g. being asked to make five quests per tribe and then making more than that, etc)

No one mentioned this. The forum said 10+ quests, ten being the minimum, and I tried to give what I could since no one seemed to be taking the initiative on the quest part. Perhaps they were too busy, since everyone had a role to play for the most part. I don't want to use names, but pre-launch Satan didn't really do anything (that I could see in the Skype/forum anyway) until something was said about people perhaps being fired for not doing anything. That's when he lept in and gave very short quests. Styx and Koide were bent on scripting, as were you, and Saki was making some very prettiful sprites. The only time someone mentioned a limit was about two days before I was fired, when Saki asked me to cut the Orc Quests short. I complied, and shortened the quest - which is why it only had seven, and not ten like the faerie one.

As I said on the forum, I don't mind if you use them. They are of no use to me.

Quote from: jTynne"Yusifer said something along the lines of 'what's taking Justin so long';

This never occured, as you know since you couldn't find it in the conversation anywhere. I never talked to anyone personally except Koide at the very-very beginning when I first started making quests and he tried scripting them.

This brings me to mention the first thing we talked about in a personal convo' when I voiced my concern about Styx being discontent with my present right-off-the-bat. I asked you if my being there was bothersome, and you gave a reason as to why Styx would be that way - a reason that really had nothing to do with me personally overall, but it was obvious that he didn't like me to begin with. Is that not a motive in its own? and is it not evidence that it could have been bad faith and a false accusation, since we had that conversation the very first day I was put into the "real" staff collaborative group? He described my being there as not being "my place" because he felt I wasn't really a "staff member" to begin with. It's obvious he initially didn't approve me there, and therefore didn't want me there. It rots of motive. Saki never directly expressed it, but she didn't seem too welcoming either, even when I tried to talk to her. Maybe it's her nature. I don't know, because we never really had the chance to talk. I have nothing to say about her in this regard because I simply do not know, and have no basis.

Maybe I just called you cupcake too many times? or maybe my friendliness is just unwanted and sickening.

Dunno.

Quote from: YusiferCommunity

In regards to the recent forum outbreak, I asked the person "who [ I ] gave [my] quests to" (see: junk'd topic on uRO for player name, "S") if she knew that person. She did not and had no idea who it could have been, since she hasn't talked to anyone about the quests themselves. Nor did I say anything bad about uRO when I did offer her the quests. Meanwhile, the other person who replied to that topic also had no basis: I barely knew the person who agreed with me at the time, and neither of us knew that Rachel was temp-closed in v1. I don't know what's all going on, but they're part of the "pack" that's said things, and someone (see: staff) must have splurged because my dismissal wasn't obvious until the Rachel topic. Being removed as a Forum Admin doesn't mean anything either - how would they have known about the quests not being used to begin with? The blog didn't even say they weren't going to be used, so someone (see: staff) must have told someone, who told another person, etc. until somehow it deformed into "Yusifer's s*** bricks because the quests aren't being used."

No idea.

In any case, I'm probably the most honest, non-two face'd individual you'll find, and I can be blunt as well. I don't try to look aggressive - or even, passive aggressive - and do my best to communicate in a mature, objectional, and reasonable fashion. Hopefully I've achieved that here today.

On another note,

I'd voice an experience of another friend who was recently playing uRO, but he's still trying to appeal his awkward ban. He doesn't speak English too well and wasn't welcomed really in the Feedback part of the forum. Instead, he used #main while you were on (since you don't accept PMs). I've seen your screenshots you took for the log, and I personally don't see any disrespect in there. I see "ridiculous" being used and an opinion being expressed, that's all. Perhaps you were stressed that day and overlooked his "tone" (which can't really be seen on the Internet anyway, but whatever.) He wasn't trying to cause "trouble"; he just wanted to be heard because he was ignored on the forum, and couldn't PM you directly about his concerns / questions. As fa as he knew, "ridiculous" wasn't an impolite thing to say in the context it was used in. His guild leader was banned for teasing the situation, too, with a "docile sheep" comment - his only comment in the whole conversation, from what I saw - and was only meant to be joshing around.

tl;dr: it seemed extreme, compared to what you normally ban two weeks for. He's made his appeal, but like I said, he's of German heritage and he might come off rude when, really, he's not trying to be - he's just trying to understand since he's not used to having to wait three days for a timer to reset. The servers he's experienced in the past four years didn't have this, and all he was trying to say is that it was counter-productive for competitive gameplay.

Just like how some people mistake Saki's tone, when she's not *trying* to be impolite. Only difference is that ^ suffers a language barrier when Saki doesn't. Still the same kind of *misunderstanding* though.

Usagimimi

Yeah, that was the first mention of 5:5 that I had gotten from the staff. As far as I knew, we were looking at 10+, and since there weren't any headgear quests really posted (except for the v1 copies), I didn't really see the difference between the two.

I was already almost done #6 before Nyx even mentioned anything to me - in which I said I'd have to end it at #7 because otherwise, it'd be a super-long #6 quest and end up being the same thing anyway. It would have literally just "dropped off" and not made any sense, a baffling ending, compared to the well-done ending of the faerie side. It would have been extremely awkward and out-of-place to end it at #6 and compared to the faerie side, too short and dull. I compromised and honestly told her that I'd tie it down - whereas, I could have gone an extra 1,000 miles and done ten anyway.

As for that e-mail, unless that was just sent, this is the first time I've seen it.

You can't deny that the general idea of war between faeries and humans, etc. wasn't mine, and that Styx did in fact pitch the factions thing. The only thing that was changed based on feedback was turning humans into orcs (the method of which was my idea / a hommage to Lord of the Rings Elfs->Orcs) and incorporating three factions instead of two + the peacemakers. Prior to my post about the entire idea, no one mentioned anything relative to this whatsoever; you guys all wanted to do Gods and Goddesses or something like that. Absolutely nothing regarding faeries pitting themselves against humans or some other legion.

I actually asked for a .html of that post as well, but it was omitted.

Meanwhile, the only reason I "announced" it in Skype was because 1) I wanted to show I was actually doing something, and 2) I wanted you guys to SEE IT so that I COULD get some sort of feedback other than what I got from Styx before I even started writing anything.

Again, that was the first time the 5:5 was mentioned to me - so maybe she mentioned it before I was added to the group, I don't know, but it didn't get by me and it's poor to have jumped to conclusion like that. I wasn't taking anyone's "job" - no one was contributing to storyline-like quests, so I took it. I could do that. I can't script or design for crap, but I can write, so why not? It's obvious that content like that wouldn't be available at launch - which it wasn't - if I hadn't taken part in it because you guys were too busy doing your own things. If you yourself wasn't busy multi-tasking all over the place, Styx was off doing something else, Satan was... I don't know where, but that's not important, and Nyx was making sprites and the likes. Buns was making events, everyone had their job and no one was really focusing on the storyline part. If I had the initiative to do it, and to ask you guys after EVERY quest that I completed for consideration / approval / collaboration, then where's the harm? It's not my fault if the online staff at the time had nothing to add to it, and apparently seemed content the way it was thus didn't want to "improve" it in any way. Perhaps there would have been more teamwork if they actually were motivated to help me modify and edit to their guise.

Food for thought.

This was merely a way of expressing to the community what exactly would be there. That < link is not just truth, it's a way of showing others that I'm actually doing something "for real" and to better explain the quests involved, since the blog posts were incredibly brief. If it was taken as "SHE TAKE ALL DA CREDIT", then sorry, I did imply that I'm not scripting it and I did imply that factions weren't my idea - just the "main" part of the storyline and the dialogue itself. If you guys can take pride and joy in the sprites and designs you make, then I don't see why I can't comment on how the whole faeries vs. humans - later changed to orcs, on Styx's part - was, at the base, my idea.

As for the German, the only thing I can say is that two weeks for asking questions in #main is harsh, when no disrespect was blatantly done / intended, in any case. Whatever was misunderstood was misunderstood, and I get that, but according to the screenshots you were certain he'd be perma-banned for his activity in #main - really? - and Nyx would have already banned him before you administered a two weeks. All I can say is, he didn't call anyone names based on your screenies. He was just asking a question - not demanding anything - and he got banned for it. Easier Reference - #044 states he'll probably be perma-banned for whatever it was that he did there.

I don't really care overall. I just found it appalling since usually you ban that long if someone's actually thrown a pure, evil insult into #main. As well, he won't be waiting two weeks to become unbanned so that's -1. I know you'll see this as a community improvement, so no need to comment on that.

Random Note: I wouldn't play a uRO again, nor would I apply for staff, after being tossed aside and falsely accused of not wanting to collaborate (when I made every effort to get others involved in what I was doing)

Thanks for your time. If you want to reply, do so at your convenience; however, I think I understand your point thoroughly enough to not warrant it.

Just Desserts

Quote from: Yusifer on Sep 16, 2011, 07:37 PM
Yeah, that was the first mention of 5:5 that I had gotten from the staff. As far as I knew, we were looking at 10+, and since there weren't any headgear quests really posted (except for the v1 copies), I didn't really see the difference between the two.

Quote[8/17/2011 7:35:52 PM] Irène: How many quests do we want? If I think right, we need 10+ for each faction..?
[8/17/2011 7:39:26 PM] Saki Will Bite You: 5 daily for each faction
1 main quest for each faction = 5-10 chained quest
5 headgear quests for each faction (quests gradually increase as the server grows older etc)

You did not make any daily quests. You made 10 headgear story line quests. That is not what I asked for clearly. 1 main quest, with 5 mini quests inside. Does that mean 5-10 separate giant quests? No it does not. But despite that, that's fine, I even told you it was no biggy just to wrap it up later on.  HOWEVER, that was nothing compared to how you bilittled the entire staff which was key in your release from staff.

QuoteYusifer says:
August 26, 2011 at 2:02 am
There are many, many quests already on my part ^^ the main principles of the server's story scenario was mine, with factions being moulded into it afterwards. Each faction will have unique quests and rewards. As for these quests, some are only available at certain times of days, some require partying, defeating monsters in a row, spying, missions... To complete quests in one faction, you may need items exclusive to quest rewards of the other faction.

Of course, this is all if scripting and everything goes 100% according to plan. The difficulty level will definitely make you feel like you've achieved something when you reach the end of the numerous, numerous quests entwined in the storyline.

"the main principles of the server's story scenario was mine, with factions being moulded into it afterwards."
False, the main principles were created by the staff after the idea was pitched by Styx. Also factions were mentioned way before fairies.

"Each faction will have unique quests and rewards. As for these quests, some are only available at certain times of days, some require partying, defeating monsters in a row, spying, missions... "
You took it into your own hands, you were given the task to create a STORY, not what items it gives/takes/tasks that need to be done etc. This was the GMs jobs not yours.

"Of course, this is all if scripting and everything goes 100% according to plan."
This is rude to the entire staff. You're basically saying "if they can keep up with me because i'm clearly more proficient at this" and if it was not your intention that's how the other staff members saw it as and why it was brought to Justin's and my attention. Justin and I did not have any bad feelings towards you however the entire staff was offended, hence why you received an email, that you state you never saw.

"Saki never directly expressed it, but she didn't seem too welcoming either, even when I tried to talk to her. Maybe it's her nature. I don't know, because we never really had the chance to talk. I have nothing to say about her in this regard because I simply do not know, and have no basis."

On that note, you're very two faced I'm sorry to say. You lied about you and I not getting along nor talking.  We always spoke and in no way was there bad tension. Just to prove it to you, in case you forgot.

[8/19/2011 9:08:52 PM] Saki Will Bite You: watching bride wars is making me do work Q.Q
[8/19/2011 9:08:57 PM] Saki Will Bite You: lol haha yay for chick flicks
[8/19/2011 9:09:32 PM] Saki Will Bite You: i'ma go sleeps now :3 nite nite, yay on the story and scripting <3
[8/19/2011 9:09:38 PM] Saki Will Bite You: good job @ irene
[8/19/2011 9:10:11 PM] Irène: aww :( night night Saki
[8/19/2011 9:10:19 PM] Irène: can't wait for more sprites xD they're cute
[8/19/2011 9:10:24 PM] Saki Will Bite You: :P
[8/19/2011 9:10:34 PM] Saki Will Bite You: why aw?
[8/19/2011 9:10:45 PM] Irène: didn't really see you today
[8/19/2011 9:10:47 PM] Irène: or yesterday XD
[8/19/2011 9:10:50 PM] Saki Will Bite You: ahh yea i've been busy
[8/19/2011 9:10:56 PM] Saki Will Bite You: my RL have been very busy lately
[8/19/2011 9:10:59 PM] Irène: yup :O that's fine
[8/19/2011 9:11:04 PM] Saki Will Bite You: mostly cuz my cousins getting married xP
[8/19/2011 9:11:12 PM] Irène: oh cool :D
[8/19/2011 9:11:21 PM] Saki Will Bite You: has been*
[8/19/2011 9:11:24 PM] Saki Will Bite You: wow fail grammar
[8/19/2011 9:11:25 PM] Saki Will Bite You: lol
[8/19/2011 9:11:28 PM] Irène: x3
[8/19/2011 9:11:32 PM] Irène: well, have a good sleeptime

[8/20/2011 7:05:08 PM] Irène: ^^
[8/20/2011 7:05:12 PM] Irène: we have faith in you Saki >:O
[8/20/2011 7:06:01 PM] Irène: (Link) Finished the dialogue :O
[8/20/2011 7:06:19 PM] Saki Will Bite You: nicE :)

[8/20/2011 7:44:09 PM] Saki Will Bite You: sorry thought i threw them in here x3
[8/20/2011 7:44:20 PM] Irène: xD
[8/20/2011 7:44:22 PM] Irène: aww so cute
[8/20/2011 7:44:24 PM] Irène: <3
[8/20/2011 7:44:54 PM] Irène: it's really cute, I lik'em

[8/21/2011 5:46:33 PM] Saki Will Bite You: k now its in the unfinished section
[8/21/2011 5:46:36 PM] Saki Will Bite You: just to keep track
[8/21/2011 5:46:43 PM] Irène: oki thanks
[8/21/2011 5:46:49 PM] Saki Will Bite You: np
[8/21/2011 5:52:29 PM] Saki Will Bite You: thanks for the loads of help with the story btw @ irene~ really good job
[8/21/2011 5:52:44 PM] Irène: no problem :O it's lots of fun
[8/21/2011 5:52:58 PM] Irène: just too bad I can't write and code myself XD that'd have been really awesome

There's more but do I really have to? Clearly you just seem bent on making me to look like the bad guy but I'm not sure why. As for those who get punished, they're welcome to appeal but clearly some people just aren't mature enough to apologize or correct someone in a polite way. You are capable of this but I fear your friends do not seem to share the same logic.

Hope that clears it up for you so there's no loose ends or misunderstandings.

Usagimimi

Quote from: Just Desserts on Sep 16, 2011, 08:29 PM"the main principles of the server's story scenario was mine, with factions being moulded into it afterwards."
False, the main principles were created by the staff after the idea was pitched by Styx. Also factions were mentioned way before fairies.

This is a lie. Right after Freyja pitched the God/Goddess thing, I rebutted by introducing the faeries vs. humans scenario, which was modified to faeries vs. orcs + factions by Styx. The rest of it, including the in-depth storyline from dialogue, was from me. If you guys actually wanted to contribute more to it, you would've said something in Skype. For the most part, you didn't.

Again, I'd still like a copy of the actual storyline quest post that jTynne omitted. I asked for that both by replying to the e-mail he sent me and in PM on the forum to no avail.

Quote"Of course, this is all if scripting and everything goes 100% according to plan."

This is saying: Hey, I know they're busy, so I don't expect it to be 100% done when the server launches. Who could? There's just so much stuff written and not enough time. Plus there could be modifications from group collaboration (which barely took place after I started writing quests, minus Styx who pitched ideas prior to it, but it's still possible) and that could slow down the process too. No promises.

^ Translation

As for this:

Quote[8/17/2011 7:35:52 PM] Irène: How many quests do we want? If I think right, we need 10+ for each faction..?
[8/17/2011 7:39:26 PM] Saki Will Bite You: 5 daily for each faction
1 main quest for each faction = 5-10 chained quest
5 headgear quests for each faction (quests gradually increase as the server grows older etc)

So what's a chained quest? Do say. You're still further showing you wanted 10 total storyline quests, with five headgear. There were two or three headgears given during the storyline I had written, with branch-offs for Orc Headdress and Red Minstrel Hat at the moment of dismissal. I was preparing more branch-off headgear quests that still revolved around the story when I finished the Orc main storyline. All I see here is "Yes, we wanted 10 quests for each faction, and hats" in which, most of that was completed.

1 Main Quest = All the storyline with one goal
5-10 Chained Quests = Quest inside the storyline, broken down, with possible branch-off quests
5 Headgear Quests = Five inside the main storyline / in the branch-off, in which this was mostly completed

Still not seeing your point.

As for our conversation, that was one of maybe... two we actually had that wasn't just my random line here or there about something or other. We also chatted about your mother falling down (something like this?) in which I was empathetic. Other than that, it was purely uRO-related and on my end, it was generally tense. I use smilies excessively except in formal text, so those XD and :D seen there are more in discomfort / whatever than actual acceptance into the group.

We never really "got along" or I didn't feel it that way. I moreso felt that you were putting up with my being there, plain and simple, just waiting for an opportunity to get rid of me.

On another note, you had to get people working on the storyline (which still didn't get very far) by threatening to fire them for inactivity on it. jTynne mentioned here that I was the only one with the initiative to work on it, and I think he felt it unfair (but he might not have expressed this in text - just a vibe I got from his message.) I was already motivated to do the storyline since you guys were busy, and that didn't drive me any more than before because I felt I was in a "safe spot" for having contributed so whole-heartedly to the project - without ever being told that something was wrong until after-the-fact. This is what's unfair and hypocratic here, along with your taking possession of the storyline - really not professional or of good taste.

Noting that adding factions was an in-game thing and never really altered the story, so it doesn't count because it doesn't alter the story - just the in-game scripting to accustom it to players and their interactions. Adding orcs, however, was Styx's idea, and that can be creditted to him. Other than that, I came up with the general story overall, the characters, goals, dialogue, and adventures. Everything except for the addition of orcs, if you want, as well as the faction idea not having come from me first (see: Styx).

Go ahead and copy/paste the whole topic here. I would've, if I had not thought there was some ill reason to get rid of me going along in the background. I'm appreciative of jTynne having given me back the quests, but I figured someone'd try to take credit for everything I initially wrote before developing it further into the actual quests - which is why, right when he sent me the quests, I immediately e-mailed him back asking for the topic itself. Never got it, and now it's being used to taint my argument. If you want to prove that you guys wrote it, why not upload that file, too? Otherwise it's just your word against mine.

I'm not bashing anyone. I'm sharing my experience and how I felt, as a staff member and a player. The staff part seems to have overwhelmed the review, which isn't a bad thing, since perhaps now things can be a little more clear for others in the staff who may have misunderstood my own wording / actions. Since no one told me anything about how the majority was feeling about my "over"-contributions, or that they felt I was gloating in some way, I can't really know how my actions and wording affected you. All I ask is that you be fair and try to comprehend my sentiments and why I feel, to say the least, cheated and/or betrayed by the people who I did my best&most for, thinking I was perhaps becoming part of the group (outside of jTynne who I considered a bud' prior).

Obviously there was a huge misunderstanding in regards to the quest part. There was a misinterpretation of my wall comment, too. All I can see is a huge mess and a group of individuals who, instead of asking me about it or telling me anything, hid it and acted on assumptions and sudden conclusions. I never said anything bad about any of you before now, and even now, the worst I've said is you're hypocrites - which isn't a lie, since saying one thing and doing another is the complete definition of a hypocrite. Saying that my contributions are amazing and then, less than 12h later, firing me is nothing but hypocratic. Apparently I should be blaming jTynne, but I can't, because according to him, he was going off of what you guys suddenly assumed without talking to me (which would have been a mature thing to do.) I can understand his sentiments about trusting his staff since they've been with him so long. I can't find a place to blame him for trusting individuals who smudged the truth - and I don't think he could find a place to mistrust you guys. It's just too bad no one discussed anything prior to the jumping-of-conclusions. Kinda like in grade school, when you're supposed to tell the person who's pulling your hair to stop before you rat him out. That kind of thing. You should try to solve it with the person before going to a person of "higher" rank to solve it, and then that being a "solution" from one side of the story rather than hearing both sides out.

I'm glad the staff lacks conflict now, and that everything's running smoothly. Just don't be blaming the conflict on me, since I didn't start anything or even know about any problems until I was suddenly accused of whatever, and was virtually "fired." You created a conflict and didn't want to resolve it, so you got rid of what was supposedly causing an awkward conflict that shouldn't even have been there to begin with. That's how I see it - maybe you see it differently. All I know is, I didn't intentionally cause anything, and talking to me about it would've been better than hiding it from me. I could've at least changed the way I talk or try to share my work (in an attempt to collaborate) with you.

Usagimimi

Quote from: jTynne on Sep 16, 2011, 10:34 PM
http://jtynne.com/fullposts.jpg

I sent them on August 26th =X

So...

Edit

I got the quest posts, but there's a different topic. The Storyline Discussion topic. That's what I'm talking about cupcakeh.

I have the dialogue quest parts, but not the overview where we were discussing the God/Goddess thing, then the transition, then Styx's contribution, then... nothing much after that.

I have this - same size, but it doesn't have the discussion thread in it.

PR-RiverStyx

Alright well it seems that there are some misunderstandings going on inside your cranium, Yusifer. So allow me to clear things up.
Quote from: Yusifer
You can't deny that the general idea of war between faeries and humans, etc. wasn't mine, and that Styx did in fact pitch the factions thing. The only thing that was changed based on feedback was turning humans into orcs
I apologize but this statement is incorrect;

I came up with the idea while walking around my beautiful town with a friend who has played multiple MMORPGs including Ragnarok Online, conversing ideas of how to make the game interesting and put it into new light, a story-line was tied into the solution. As there were a few misconceptions about the original story-line provided on the forums at the time.
I let the ideas run in my head for hours, conversing with past team members on other MMORPG projects and the like prior to even saying a word of my idea on Skype. I wanted a solid idea to present with future developments already thought of for the next few updates to come so the rest of the staff can divulge their thoughts on it.
The entire process is as follows, with a few parts omitted.
Quote from: Skype{Staff Chat}[8/13/2011 10:26:17 AM] Styx: Rune-Midgard is a fractious and war-stricken world, and standing alone can be deadly. To survive and prosper, players must befriend factions along cultural and ideological lines. Each of these factions holds to a unique philosophy, and they often disagree with one another – violently. Yet, despite the danger, allegiance to a faction never goes unnoticed; those heroes who are willing to risk taking sides can expect handsome rewards.
[8/13/2011 10:28:29 AM] Styx: Basically, Eden is a town w/ fairies, right?
Let's say another town is a town w/ Orcs.
If you do a certain ammount of quests with Eden's Fairies, you can't do the quests that the Orcs have, and vice versa, if you do Orc Quests, you can't do some of the quests with Fairies, you get "Reputation" with each faction, Fairies, Orcs, Humans, whatever we decide we should put in, and when you get more and more "Reputation" with those factions, you can do quests to get better quest-gear, and access to NPCs that sell certain gear.
[8/13/2011 10:29:06 AM] Styx: Faction's 1 and 3 for example, have rewards that mostly cater to Casters, while Factions 2 and 4 have rewards that cater mostly to Melee

[8/13/2011 10:45:02 AM] Styx: Idea: Enabling an optional headgear disguise to show your allegiance to a specific faction, would bring more PvP incentive as well, people would want to fight against other factions probably, so seeing someone w/ one specific headgear disguise labels them as an enemy. maybe adding a pvp point bonus when you kill a member of an oposite faction (in pvp only, not in ides), you get rep towards the pvp part of your faction

[8/13/2011 12:08:42 PM] Styx: Yeah but when you have let's say 4-5 dailies available for you in a town, have those npcs have the "Quest!" thing up till you do it for that day
[8/13/2011 12:08:51 PM] Styx: and at midnight, they get the "Quest!" thing again

[8/13/2011 12:17:21 PM] Styx: Three factions, Humans(Neutral), Fairies, and Orcs.
The class-specific mounts are gained from doing quests with Fairies or Orcs,
You have to pick between Fairies & Orcs (recruiters will be in Eden)
Your mounts go faster as you reach certain points in your Reputation (raised by doing quest chains / daily quests) and has a max cap.
You get headgears(or disguises only) based off what faction you pick. (Itty Bitty wings for Fairies, Horns for Orcs)
Your Wings or Horns get more detailed and cooler looking as you finish more quests / raise your rep more and more, you can talk to an npc to update them.

There's a Satan Morroc type quest reward(4 Types of accessories, you pick based off your type of character) from one of the chain quests, which gives you 1 Accessory, bound to your character, that you can upgrade as you get more and more Reputation, and when you hit MAX reputation, it becomes slotted.
[8/13/2011 12:18:49 PM] Styx: It's showing Nyx and Koide as typing, and erasing.
[8/13/2011 12:19:18 PM] Styx: STOP DOING THAT

[8/13/2011 4:35:48 PM] Styx: [Saturday, August 13, 2011 12:16 PM] Styx:

<<< Three factions, Humans(Neutral), Fairies, and Orcs.
The class-specific mounts are gained from doing quests with Fairies or Orcs,
You have to pick between Fairies & Orcs (recruiters will be in Eden)
Your mounts go faster as you reach certain points in your Reputation (raised by doing quest chains / daily quests) and has a max cap.
You get headgears(or disguises only) based off what faction you pick. (Itty Bitty wings for Fairies, Horns for Orcs)
Your Wings or Horns get more detailed and cooler looking as you finish more quests / raise your rep more and more, you can talk to an npc to update them.

There's a Satan Morroc type quest reward(4 Types of accessories, you pick based off your type of character) from one of the chain quests, which gives you 1 Accessory, bound to your character, that you can upgrade as you get more and mo
[8/13/2011 4:35:54 PM] Styx: Is what I'mma basically send to justin
[8/13/2011 4:35:58 PM] Styx: any adjustments?

[8/14/2011 8:38:00 AM] Styx: But I'm impressed just about the entire staff colab'd on it and put their own ideas / touches into it
[8/14/2011 8:38:51 AM] Styx: I can see faction-specific guilds in the future being some of the biggest guilds lol

As you can see, the final idea was not produced for roughly six hours, prior to even weighing in jTynne / Serenity's ideas. Fights have been omitted but there were many that produced the final idea.
Saying that this staff group simply hops on a bandwagon is an insult to the hours of work we devote to this server. There are multiple different staff chats and even I am not included in some. Simply because you may not have been in the chat does not mean arguments have been made. We do not have public arguments because it can easily be misunderstood for a staff that is falling apart. But we have productive arguments and no one rage-quits because of them.

The part that set me off was your comment on my blog post. I conversed with Nyx and Koide 1 on 1 about the message before bringing it to attention to the Staff channel, I did not want to draw attention to something that does not need attention brought to it.

Edit: Oh my I seemed to have forgotten a reason why I wanted to post here.
I had a distaste for your diction, how you held yourself, which personally seemed to be above everyone else. I see it here just as much as I have seen it previously. You seem to value your opinions more than others and you must have selective alzheimers as specific portions of the past simply do not exist in your reality.

I trust this palaver of a misunderstanding deriving from your cranium is concluded now.
The truth hurts.

Usagimimi

I don't save Sent e-mail items :[ but I did send it right after you sent the quest stuff to me. Not sure what happened.

I would've liked to have had that, too, since it clearly shows a good four or five paragraphs of my war idea, and then Styx commenting on how humans should become orcs (which was changed for that.)

Also, unless Nyx sent that first message (meant for me) to you, I never got it in forum PM or e-mail. Not sure if that was a pass-along message or if she sent it directly.

Not the point though.

In regards to Styx's post,

How is it that, without talking beforehand, we came up with exactly same idea, and it's just so convenient that you have your modifiable copy of it whilst I have nothing?

Also, before I came, you guys wanted to do God/Goddesses, and EVERYONE had agreed on that until MY post came along. You yourself had agreed on that until I posted what I had come up with instead, and jTynne agreed to it as apparently a NEW idea saying he liked where we (since, by that time, humans had been changed into orcs) were going and that the initial God/Goddess thing was too condescending.

Rather than omitting details and posting text, I'd like to see a PRNT SCRN from Skype because it's odd that:

1) Until I posted, you were all for the God/Goddess thing (according to the forum topic)
2) Our ideas are exactly the same, with your proof being a text document that's very easy to change the date on

I'm not challenging you. I'm merely saying it's really, really coincidental and odd that we came up with the same storyline, same neutrality for humans, same faction idea (though, you put this in the open after I posted what I had), etc.

And you didn't like me from the beginning, even before we didn't talk. Mainly I was asking if I could do some of the story content, and your attitude was "let the big boys do their job."

Also, I was part of that group on August 10th, 2011, and I'm not finding it in the group convo' - which, is where this was discussed obviously:

[2011-08-13 00:38:04] Irène: Just realized something. And now I'm sad :(

I have no moderation options. I can't delete or move posts or anything Q.Q
[2011-08-13 00:38:36] Irène: Not in the News section, anyway, I wanted to move BearZ post somewhere else because it's irrelevant
[2011-08-13 02:03:42] Koide: Hello Irene, Yusifer right?
[2011-08-13 02:04:24] Irène: ohaider
[2011-08-13 02:04:47] Koide: I guess you caught me now
[2011-08-13 02:05:37] Irène: >:
[2011-08-13 02:05:43] Irène: well I always see you offline
[2011-08-13 02:05:44] Irène: I still do
[2011-08-13 02:05:45] Irène: :D
[2011-08-13 02:06:35] Koide: Oh ive been online, recently has been a busy time. but i think things have slowed down enough.
[2011-08-13 02:06:46] Irène: Skype gives ya an offline thing :o
[2011-08-13 02:07:05] Koide: it was set as DnD if thats what you mean
[2011-08-13 02:07:21] Irène: there now you're a green happy guy
[2011-08-13 02:07:43] Koide: there we go, its cause we werent officially friends yet xD
[2011-08-13 02:07:59] Irène: :P
[2011-08-13 02:08:34] Koide: So how is everyone doing this fine evening?
[2011-08-13 02:08:43] Styx: Talking s***
[2011-08-13 02:09:01] Koide: about who?
[2011-08-13 02:09:28] Styx: About my friend Erin. To my friend Erin.
[2011-08-13 02:09:39] miChi3: not too bad. what about you?
[2011-08-13 02:09:42] Koide: lol well thats not too nice haha
[2011-08-13 02:09:46] Styx: [11:06:47 PM] Erin: I am going to go listen to 80s music now
[11:06:57 PM] Styx: go listen to some Prince
[11:07:17 PM] Styx: Ya old fart
[11:07:27 PM] Erin: Eww hell no
[11:07:29 PM] Erin: I hate prince
[11:07:34 PM] Erin: I like remakes of his songs though.
[11:07:39 PM] Erin: O.o and is prince really a man?
[11:07:59 PM] Styx: Do your tits hang low do they wobble to and fro?
[2011-08-13 02:09:48] miChi3: and helloo eveyrone! :)
[2011-08-13 02:09:56] Koide: lol styx
[2011-08-13 02:10:03] Koide: heya michi xD
[2011-08-13 02:10:28] miChi3: *waves*
[2011-08-13 02:10:42] Koide: *waves back
[2011-08-13 02:10:44] Koide: *
[2011-08-13 02:10:53] Irène: michiiieee
[2011-08-13 02:11:01] Styx: [11:08:59 PM] Styx: Can you throw 'em over your shoulder?
[11:09:02 PM] Styx: Can you tie 'em in a bow?
[11:09:17 PM] Erin: XD Grandma?
[11:09:31 PM] Styx: got a facebook and she's hitting on my friends
[2011-08-13 02:11:10] Koide: hahaha
[2011-08-13 02:11:21] Styx: Don't care how it started but now it's gotta end.
[2011-08-13 02:11:27] Koide: you been drinkin again? lol
[2011-08-13 02:11:35] Styx: Helps me stay connected to my uncles and my aunts
[2011-08-13 02:11:45] Styx: But I also know she's been in my best friends pants
[2011-08-13 02:11:46] miChi3: ireneeee xD
[2011-08-13 02:11:59] Irène: hai michiiee
[2011-08-13 02:12:01] Irène: :]
[2011-08-13 02:12:03] miChi3: rofl @ styx
[2011-08-13 02:18:53] miChi3: oh ya Irenee! I love your avatar collection!
[2011-08-13 02:19:15] miChi3: ./no1
[2011-08-13 02:19:56] Irène: :D
[2011-08-13 02:42:54] Irène: Styx stalking me
[2011-08-13 02:42:55] Irène: >:
[2011-08-13 02:43:20] Styx: That is my job ma'am.
[2011-08-13 02:43:30] Irène: then you're forgiven
[2011-08-13 02:43:33] Irène: :]
[2011-08-13 04:18:24] koti.f: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvNFiAVl-b0
[2011-08-13 04:18:30] koti.f: Whats goin on?
[2011-08-13 04:18:59] koti.f: HEEEEEY-e-yay-e-yeh yeh
[2011-08-13 04:23:11] koti.f: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdyBM5H5f5g
[2011-08-13 04:23:24] koti.f: I'm sad I stopped watching this movie part way through now
[2011-08-13 04:32:35] koti.f: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEKnNHrt91A
[2011-08-13 04:32:44] koti.f: yay for disabled kung fu
[2011-08-13 04:33:36] miChi3: lol. He-Man singing what's going on
[2011-08-13 04:34:19] miChi3: Tokyo Gore Police? o.O why are you sad? :O
[2011-08-13 04:34:52] koti.f: I started watching it and just stopped, it was so bad it hurt to watch
[2011-08-13 04:35:34] koti.f: but if I knew I was going to see a chick with swords for limbs I would have just watched the whole thing, lol
[2011-08-13 04:36:26] miChi3: lol. okay.
[2011-08-13 04:37:13] koti.f: I was being silly
[2011-08-13 04:38:06] miChi3: but hey, thanks for sharing. I was kinda bored and right now I'm watching these videos xD
[2011-08-13 04:43:08] koti.f: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugkKw-gdYvY&feature=related
[2011-08-13 04:43:15] koti.f: its a giant can of coke
[2011-08-13 04:43:29] koti.f: Also, you're welcome Michi
[2011-08-13 04:55:07] miChi3: wow.
[2011-08-13 05:53:26] Matt Stewart: Yay, work is done
[2011-08-13 09:11:19] jTynne: http://www.utopiaro.com/mb/index.php?topic=2358.new#new
[2011-08-13 09:27:43] jTynne: Imagine if there was a server named QuieRO
[2011-08-13 09:27:54] jTynne: And the mascot was a little taco wearing a mexican flag, aww
[2011-08-13 09:28:05] jTynne: Or like, Jalapenos wearing Sombreros
[2011-08-13 09:28:20] jTynne: (Mostly directed @ Viv) ;)
[2011-08-13 11:57:38] Saki Will Bite You: rofl x3
[2011-08-13 12:04:46] Sean Perez: Is it too early to be drinking?
[2011-08-13 12:12:53] Matt Stewart: Never
[2011-08-13 12:13:09] Sean Perez: I didn't think so, either.
[2011-08-13 12:13:34] Sean Perez: They never stop drinkin' in New Orleans.
[2011-08-13 12:14:15] Saki Will Bite You: *pouts matt in her purse* <3
[2011-08-13 12:14:54] Saki Will Bite You: er
[2011-08-13 12:14:55] Sean Perez: puts*?
[2011-08-13 12:14:55] Saki Will Bite You: puts*
[2011-08-13 12:14:57] Saki Will Bite You: too early
[2011-08-13 12:14:58] Saki Will Bite You: lol
[2011-08-13 12:15:03] Saki Will Bite You: maybe i'm already drunk xP
[2011-08-13 12:15:08] Sean Perez: xD
[2011-08-13 12:15:35] Sean Perez: Ah, it burns.
[2011-08-13 12:15:42] Saki Will Bite You: :o vodka?
[2011-08-13 12:15:54] Saki Will Bite You: the sun? :o
[2011-08-13 12:15:55] Sean Perez: Woa, no, no, no.  Bud Light. /ok
[2011-08-13 12:15:57] Saki Will Bite You: lol x3
[2011-08-13 12:15:57] Saki Will Bite You: oooh
[2011-08-13 12:16:27] Sean Perez: I just took a huge drik and some went in my nose, rofl.
[2011-08-13 12:16:31] Sean Perez: drink*
[2011-08-13 12:16:36] Saki Will Bite You: oh noes!
[2011-08-13 12:16:49] Saki Will Bite You: supposed to drink it not snort it ! :P
[2011-08-13 12:16:54] Saki Will Bite You: teasing xP
[2011-08-13 12:17:00] Sean Perez: :p
[2011-08-13 12:17:38] Sean Perez: Well, my girls in the next room...hm, hm, hm.
[2011-08-13 12:18:14] Saki Will Bite You: grils? O.o
[2011-08-13 12:18:18] Saki Will Bite You: dang
[2011-08-13 12:18:19] Saki Will Bite You: damnit
[2011-08-13 12:18:23] Saki Will Bite You: spelling x.x
[2011-08-13 12:18:26] Saki Will Bite You: girls*
[2011-08-13 12:18:30] Sean Perez: Me too. :<
[2011-08-13 12:18:39] Saki Will Bite You: i think i need to splash some water in my face im still half asleep
[2011-08-13 12:19:00] Sean Perez: Gasoline.
[2011-08-13 12:19:03] Sean Perez: :D
[2011-08-13 12:19:06] Saki Will Bite You: rofl
[2011-08-13 12:19:17] Saki Will Bite You: or red bull
[2011-08-13 12:19:20] Sean Perez: Yes!
[2011-08-13 12:19:24] Saki Will Bite You: haha
[2011-08-13 12:19:25] Sean Perez: <3 Red Bull
[2011-08-13 12:19:34] Saki Will Bite You: i'd be all hyper after just one swig
[2011-08-13 12:19:47] Sean Perez: I play Halo better.
[2011-08-13 12:19:56] Saki Will Bite You: more alert and twitchy :P
[2011-08-13 12:22:44] Sean Perez: Struttin that donkey!
[2011-08-13 12:23:36] Sean Perez: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOWMtCGyl8U
[2011-08-13 12:29:47] Matt Stewart: Y u sticking me in your purse? >_>
[2011-08-13 12:31:38] Saki Will Bite You: cuz i <3 u
[2011-08-13 12:31:39] Saki Will Bite You: :o
[2011-08-13 12:33:18] Matt Stewart: Uh huh...suuuuuuuure. Methinks you're hiding something *nods*
[2011-08-13 12:33:57] Saki Will Bite You: xP i had another dream
[2011-08-13 12:34:02] Saki Will Bite You: but this time i wasnt kissing you lol
[2011-08-13 12:34:13] Saki Will Bite You: was kissing random dude, turned around, saw the chihuahua and it turned into you /swt
[2011-08-13 12:34:18] Saki Will Bite You: WHAT DOES IT MEAN Q.Q
[2011-08-13 12:35:53] Matt Stewart: Well, at least it was in the opposite direction...a chihuahua upgraded into me instead of me devolving to a chihuahua...
[2011-08-13 13:01:49] Saki Will Bite You: rofl oh yea
[2011-08-13 13:02:04] Saki Will Bite You: well thats good right?
[2011-08-13 13:03:14] Sean Perez: Wooden Tip Blacks.  Yumo.
[2011-08-13 13:05:42] Saki Will Bite You: o.o
[2011-08-13 13:07:11] Sean Perez: Wine Flavor. /slur
[2011-08-13 13:07:34] Matt Stewart: Mmm, yes, those are very nice :D
[2011-08-13 13:08:01] Sean Perez: Haha, right on, bra.
[2011-08-13 13:08:26] Styx: My my there is quite an interesting love triangle going on here.
[2011-08-13 13:08:53] Styx: I propose we change it to a Love Double Helix.
[2011-08-13 13:09:03] Sean Perez: xD
[2011-08-13 13:15:46] Matt Stewart: *is lost*
[2011-08-13 13:16:44] Irène: *yawns* /stretch, good early afternoon :P
[2011-08-13 13:17:57] Sean Perez: Hellooo. :)
[2011-08-13 13:18:45] Irène: :D
[2011-08-13 13:18:50] Irène: oo~ happy, French peep on teh forumz
[2011-08-13 13:21:54] Sean Perez: Ah, well, it's time to feed the little one.
[2011-08-13 16:49:16] jTynne: I suppose everyone's getting drunk today.
[2011-08-13 16:50:06] jTynne: Uh, for Viv and the others I'd mentioned the possibility to; It didn't go well. At all. He still wants to talk and be friends, but he's not interested in the least bit.
[2011-08-13 16:50:20] Saki Will Bite You: ;-; that sucks but at least you can remain friends but
[2011-08-13 16:50:26] Saki Will Bite You: will that hurt a little?
[2011-08-13 16:50:29] jTynne: Of course I won't
[2011-08-13 16:50:57] jTynne: After Tuesday's class, I'll be avoiding all communication with him. The classes are full for next quarter, so I'll likely never see him again.
[2011-08-13 16:51:23] jTynne: And, after logging into Rose's account for the school, I already know for a fact that he's not in the class.
[2011-08-13 16:51:25] Saki Will Bite You: because if you stay friends you'll be near him and long for him and it'll just mess with your mind and you'll be unfocused, so thats not something you want around you ja?
[2011-08-13 16:51:35] Saki Will Bite You: dang
[2011-08-13 16:51:52] jTynne: I know, he doesn't understand that, but he will eventually.
[2011-08-13 16:52:27] jTynne: I should have ate something before I started drinking. Stomach hurts and I'm probably going to just puke this all up. Not drunk in the least bit, hell, not even buzzed from what I can tell, but w/e.
[2011-08-13 16:53:08] jTynne: Anyway, I'll be out of commission for tonight and possibly part of tomorrow as well. If anyone finds bugs, just PM them to me on Skype. Thanks.
[2011-08-13 16:53:41] Saki Will Bite You: alright, take care of yourself
[2011-08-13 17:17:11] Eric Walston: good luck justin. forrow your dreams! ^w^
[2011-08-13 18:48:05] Irène: I like this quest writing thing <3
Anyway, going to a birthday party... thing :D I'll be back later~

Also shows I was already writing quests that day, as seen in that near-last line.

Also can be seen here:

http://i51.tinypic.com/mmd3iw.png

That was... nine hours before your Skype conversation (which isn't in my log, for some reason), going by EST. Not sure where you're from (I think U.S. Westernmost area), so that'd be -9 which is still five hours before the convo'.

PR-RiverStyx

Okay since you seem to CLEARLY be determined to lengthen this palaver I will have to provide proof.

Links will be removed due to the fact that these posts are on UtopiaRO's Staff Forum.
Quote from: CM-Nyx date=1313205335
"I'm thinking we'll run with the back story that the Gods were unhappy with the way the world was, and so High Lord Tynne wiped the world of humans. A thousand years have passed, and I think there might be something about killing off the Gods and then have the birth of the new ones (New GMs). After that, the rejuvination of the World and how Eden began." -EM-Freyja

For those who need help on what Eden actually is. It may not be exact but its really good and it's a start!

Your idea.

Quote from: Yusifer date=1313271631
I think it'd be better to go with a more, uh, "fictional" view of what happened with Eden.

Sure, it's a game and all, but not too keen on taking something that's serious and editting it to include blasphemous materials such as "Gods" and the existence of >2 humans prior to its time. Since Eden is considered to be Paradise, or "Utopia", it wouldn't have "begun" after it had already been created and used as a pre-settlement for Adam & Eve prior to having lost the privelege of living there due to Lucifer tricking them.

Why not something like:

"A thousand years ago, the kingdom of Utopia was peaceful - humans lived in harmony alongside all other creations. Everyone was equal and the world was balanced.

However, humans soon began to develop at an unbelievable rate. They quickly became the most intelligent of all creatures on Earth, sacrificing compassion and long-term consideration in favour of power and desire. They ran thousands of species to exctinction, damaged the ecozones and atmosphere, and threatened the very existence of the Earth.

It wasn't long before they came across a vast forest/jungle rich in valuable materials. It was the sanctuary of the faeries, the last untouched ecosystem on Earth. To reflect its vast variety of animals, insects, minerals, and plants, and the peace that shrouded the area, the inhabitants named it "Eden" and built a society alongside nature. Humans couldn't, wouldn't, understand this, though, and threatened to wipe out the faeries in order to gain access to their land and their prized woodlands and mines. The faeries would not allow them to scathe their precious land and fought bravely against them.

The battle raged for hundreds of years, until Tair's example lightened their hearts and allowed both sides to see the "big picture" more clearly. A treaty was signed, and life was improved for everyone and everything on it. Temporarily.

It was only another century later that the peace effort was forgotten by humans. The wickedness embedded in their hearts soon consumed them once more, and war pressed. All that had recovered since the war began was endangered; another grand battle like that of before would wipe everything out - humans, faeries, animals... Everything. Lead by a cruel General [Insert Name Here], the humans again planned to infiltrate Eden and acquire the natural treasures within, ignoring the impending trajedy that would befall everyone should they succeed - the collapse of the atmophere, and the end of everything."

v2 begins with war hanging in the balance. Players' roles are to act as peacekeepers and aide both sides in various storyline quests towards harmony. Neither the humans or the faeries want the impending danger of destroying Eden to befall the Earth; however, humans are incapable of understanding how true it is, and how to curb their appetite for power to prevent it. Faeries are incapable of convincing them to keep the peace. Neither side can agree on anything since both are motivated towards very different goals.

Game Masters / Event Masters / Staff can be seen as Peacekeeping Generals, while players are their followers. Anyone seen disturbing the Peace Movement can be banished, jailed, etc.

Just a more creative idea.

"August 13, 2011, 02:40:31 PM" After the time stamps on the first mention of a faction idea. You were given a slight clue within one chat as we were conversing about it still, and you took it upon yourself to evolve it without consenting with any of us.
While we appreciate your initiative, you should also have limits for you to be a productive member of any staff.

Quote from: PR-RiverStyx date=1313292629
I have been talking about it with the rest of the staff and a lot of people agree with the idea of Factions

Which means; We would need a storyline to have three factions: Humans, Fairies, and Orcs, the Fairies and Orcs at war with eachother, and the Humans neutral.

Is it possible to incorporate the specific Factions into an alternate storyline? (If justin approves)

Quote from: Yusifer date=1313292824
I think so. It'd just be a matter of switching humans for orcs in the storyline up there ^ and replacing the ambition / motivation a bit. This would aide in making the players (who are human, based on sprite) have a "peacekeeping" type of role.

I'll revise.

"I'll revise."

Quote from: PR-RiverStyx date=1313292950
Please read the topic linked, "Factions" to get a better understanding, there will not really be a "peacekeeping" type of role unless they choose not to participate in the factions, in which they can only do quests that everyone has available to them. (Human quests, everyone will be able to do)

tl;dr version - Styx came up with the idea prior to any post Yusifer made. With a snippet of information Yusifer developed her version of the factions, which she was forced to change to what the majority of the staff agreed on after long debates.

Also did you even bother to read the bulk of my post Yusifer? I tried to refrain from using big words in this post to make it easy to read and I added a "tl;dr" at the end for folks who simply want to reply with their own uneducated responses.

Edit:
In reguards to your [ Code ] edit, that is not a staff chat, development is rarely uttered within that chat.

Before you get "triumphant" many staff members are insisting on not even reading this thread anymore as you are clearly upset about your removal from staff - This entire thread revolves around what you did on staff (see: all about you) and almost nothing about the content of the server. I refuse to provide yC with more income than this. I thank you for the review of the server only and I continue my feelings towards you in regards to the rest of your palaver.
The truth hurts.

Usagimimi

"I'll revise" to change humans into orcs, if you read further down the topic after your mention of factions, you'll see the whole faeries on one side, orcs on the other, etc. thing. After your take on factions the storyline was easily revised into interacting with faeries and orcs as a chosen faction. It altered the gameplay for the player, but not the storyline itself where orcs and faeries are at war and it's ended; then war breaks out again, and humans are in the middle to choose a side: the environmentalists (faeries), or the ambitious ones (orcs).

I was in the Skype conversation at the time of your apparent conversation with the staff. There is no mention of factions or anything with the rest of the group like you've posted here.

This is the first mention of Factions in the staff conversation since my having been added:

[2011-08-24 00:13:44] CM-Saki/Nyx: yea its already in a quest but it would have been a nice replacement
[2011-08-24 00:13:49] Irène: yeah it would've
[2011-08-24 00:14:14] Irène: my best best right now is hibiscus, or Water Lily Crown (which is nice because it doesn't mention being chinese, like the hibiscus thing, which is wonky a bit)
[2011-08-24 00:14:35] Irène: but yeah, hibiscus it is :o
[2011-08-24 00:14:37] Irène: people like that hat anyway
[2011-08-24 00:14:38] CM-Saki/Nyx: :)
[2011-08-24 00:17:36] CM-Saki/Nyx: also you can stop at quest #6 unless theres still some loose ends you need to tie to end the storyline, was going for 5 fairy and 5 orc but you seem to far exceed expectations, not that its bad or anything just requires a bit more work than originally planned/and not enough time to do it all at once :3
[2011-08-24 00:17:57] CM-Saki/Nyx: which is why the factions discussion we were all talking about is being held off until october
[2011-08-24 00:18:31] Irène: ah xD well I can stop at #7, to tie ends down, but at #6 it kinda drops like a cliff
[2011-08-24 00:18:34] Irène: will package it up

August 24th, 2011. You're still not showing a PRNT SCRN of where it says any of what you posted in the Skype convo'. For good measure, I'll show mine.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2akgppl.png

Editted out phone numbers.

Red meaning that's the only one found.

As well, changing the time on your messages is easy to coordinate it as being before we discussed interacting faeries with orcs. Obviously you still have that topic - the Storyline Discussion one - which I requested my e-mail (technical difficulty) and again here on RMS, where jTynne said it was gone for good. I'll again ask for an .html copy of that, and request also that Styx post a screenshot of where it is in the staff convo' that that is discussed, since I was there, and it's not on mine.

/flash-to-the-past

On another note, when I tried to write purely headgear quests, I was told not to:

http://i53.tinypic.com/331j5zc.png

Yet I'm being criticized for having not done enough headgear-related quest... project... things.

/end

Usagimimi

Quote from: jTynne on Sep 16, 2011, 11:50 PM
... No, you weren't. :x

http://jtynne.com/timestamps.jpg

You were added to the staff chat on the 14th, the conversation being referenced transpired August 13th. :x

I was added to Serenity's Inner Circle on August 13th, 2011 and the uRO Staff on August 10th.

http://i52.tinypic.com/33fcbw5.png

Meanwhile, my posts in the Storyline Discussion occured around August 10th, since I remember saying in the uRO Mediation how there "Must be another conversation going on because I'm writing these quests and they're saying "this and this was already discussed" when I don't see it being discussed at all." I was forum admin a few days before being added to the Staff group - 'was stuck in Mediation - and was working on the quests on/before August 13th (when Styx apparently told everyone his idea.)

Even if it occured in a different chat on August 13th, it doesn't explain how I had already started writing and talking about the quests before Styx's timestamp :x Your timestamp is, again, saying around 8pm August 13th, 2011 - and we share a similar timezone, that's for sure - whilst my actual first post of a quest occured at 12:30am August 13th, 2011. That goes to show that the storyline part came at least two days before I started posting quests, maybe more, and that my first quest was posted 20h before anything was mentioned in the uRO Staff chat - even if I wasn't there to see it, your timestamp on your version is evidence on my part. I started my quests before he started discussing any storyline content behind-the-scenes with me, and I had posted my summary before it was in the staff chat because I had posted it before I started writing any quests.

I can't remember your timezone, but it is an American one, which means that there was a delay of minimum 15h between my writing the quest and therefore, the storyline (coming first), and Styx's faction discussion in the staff channel. It was after that discussion that I had to modify my first quest to include orcs instead of humans.

And it's not an assumption. It's looking at timezones and timestamps.

A more organized view of this:

- August 10/11/12th: Yusifer wrote the main storyline part
- August 10/11/12th: Styx contributed to the faction idea
- August 13th, 12:30am EST: Yusifer wrote the first Faerie Quest (see: time)
- August 13th, ~8:00pm: Styx discusses Faction in uRO Staff group (see: time, subtract up to 5h to vary American timezones - it's still considerably later than when my quest was written)
- August 14th: Styx asked for orcs to be included; complied

All in the timestamps :x Even if you lived in Japan, I wrote my first quest - and thus, the storyline - before that conversation ever took place, with or without my presence. If you were in Japan, it'd have been around 2pm. It is impossible for me to be 12:30am and you to have been 8:00pm, or even 3:00pm. You said your conversation was on August 13th, which leaves you 30min in GMT-5 time to say it before I even mentioned anything - a time where I was already working ON the quest, so it STILL doesn't make sense. There is no such thing as one person being (on the SAME date) 1:00am and another being 8:00pm. That timezone doesn't exist. Even 1:00am and 3:00pm, which is the max American timezone limit for your Skype conversation (taking into account I don't know in the U.S. where you are, Justin, just know you're there.) GMT+14 doesn't exist either. It's impossible. Mine came first, and it's so obvious now that, well, yeah. Plus the Storyline Discussion having occured 1-3 days before I even started writing anything, that goes to show that mine came first :x

@cupcake,

You still have the Storyline Discussion on your forum - Styx quoted it, so can you send it to me please?

[Edit]

I'm going to bed for now. If you can explain a GMT+20 timezone, be my guest :x

Usagimimi

Quote from: jTynne on Sep 17, 2011, 12:34 AMI'm not seeing it in any of my searches, so I'm guessing he saved it to his PC (??) and is quoting directly from it locally. Odd, but I'd done the same with your quest writings so that I could mail them to you after removing them from the forum.

ON THAT NOTE, I'm diving back in to note pad and browedit and getting back to work. ADIEU TO YOU ALL ;;

Have fun :o Again, thank you for being reasonable. That's my greatest respect towards you.

[Edit]

Back to the German's case, you say:

Quote from: jTynneHis message to her was just as rude, thus he was denied. She personally wanted to lessen his temporary ban until she received the same tone from him as myself.

Again, I don't see where he's rude, unless telling the truth about punishment length is insulting. If using what's available as a reasonable defense is rude, then the world's gone to Hell:

Hey CM-Nyx,

it's I like Panda. SM-Serenity told to send you an email to discuss/have further information about my case.
And I don't want to post on the forum to avoid drama which wouldn't good for the servers reputation.
In the first place I wanted to say sorry for sounding rude, really wasn't intended but maybe was a cause of me not being native speaker and not finding the right words or using w
using words which aren't rude in German but may sound rude for native speakers when being translated.
I didn't know that others didn't like me posting feedback in the main chat (since it's the fastest way to get an answer), but I got to say that I stopped that after I was told.
It was my first offense at all and I stopped after I read that my words were seen as rude. Well I can't change what happe
change what happened, even if I loved to do so, I can only say sorry and ask for your understanding and ask you to forward my sorry to SM-Serenity since it mostly was him feeling disrespected.
The temp ban had definitly it's use since I had enough time (that's why I'm writing now) to think about what happened and learn for the next time if you give me a another chance. Hope the ban won't be longer
Hope the ban won't be longer than a day (for this issue, since I just looked in the rules and it states 60 min mute for 1st offense).

Would love to hear your opinion or this email being stated as "been read" so that I know it found it's addressee and maybe advises how to behave in cases like this.

Greetings and a nice rest evening,

Note all the spelling errors, "advises" = "advice", etc. Can't discriminate against a non-English speaker for that (especially since even anglophones write "advice" wrong a lot lol)

Also, you told him to send a Support Ticket or else the ban wouldn't be lessened. According to his friends who still play there, you told them that he never did write a Support Ticket - which he clearly did, and you admitted to now.

So both him and I would like to understand that further, since this is his first time playing uRO, and this is how he was treated for sharing his opinion and then trying to excuse himself. As seen here [Here] (compared to this), it clearly says mute, with the max temp' ban being two days - for a second account. This was his first ever rule break in the server. He didn't play v1. He didn't say anything wrong on the forum. He didn't even disrespect anyone as far as I can see, in both the #main and the Support Ticket.

Sounds like someone had a bad day and was harsh on a new player :x which doesn't show people / potential players that you guys are as reasonable as [I know you were] you should be. Also show's inconsistency, even if everything's subject to "case-by-case ruling", it's not like he came out and called you guys s*** in #main. I'd understand that, but as far as I can see, forum wasn't an option, PMs were blocked, @hide, and maybe, just maybe, he didn't think it required a Support Ticket because you were online to answer his question - and he saw other people asking questions in #main, but he was the only one punished for it.

We'll summarize that, too:

- Panda says three days wait on Niddhogur is too much ("ridiculous")
- jTynne says it won't be changed
- Panda asks that homunculi be coded not to access Ides barriers
- Panda mentions that Luna Kaleet script is bugged (not realizing jTynne already knew)
- jTynne says he fixed it
- Panda's happy with that, saying "nice"
- Panda says he's too lazy for the feedback forum (maybe the only kinda "rude" comment in the whole collection)
- jTynne says Nyx would have already banned him for the above ^
- Panda says, in different words, that people use #main for a variety of things, regardless there be a forum for it
- Panda perplexed: banned for having a discussion in #main?
- jTynne says he's being rude
- Panda wants to know what he said that was rude (since, as said in the Support Ticket, it may be that in his language it isn't, but in English it is)
- Iyarashi is banned for two weeks for saying that "if you're anything but docile like a sheep, you get the banhammer"
#041 - jTynne hardware bans both of them, without specifying what was "rude" about Panda's inquieries when Panda was confused about it
#044 - jTynne states that a permanent ban is imminent when it goes to "tribunal" with Nyx, Styx, etc.
- Panda contacts Nyx via Support Ticket, again not sure exactly what he said that was rude
- Nyx doesn't respond; instead, staff tell players who ask on his part that he never sent a Support Ticket

There wasn't even a warning. jTynne said that Nyx would have already banned him, and then he banned Panda himself when Panda asked what he had done. That's not a textual warning - you would need to explain exactly what was said that was bad and give the player a chance to redeem. That never happened. It was Nyx would'a banned -> insta'-banned by jTynne right after saying that. Panda didn't know what he had said wrong, and you never told him what it was - that saying "ridiculous" was rude, or whatever - or gave him a chance to look it over and apologize. Nan. Insta-ban, for 12-13 days longer than a Second Offense would have been (which, being is first time, makes no sense.)

I've seen you @mute people for players talking impulsively like that in v1. Your rules are your rules, but don't write a punishment guideline if you're going to throw it out-of-porportion when something does happen that you find disrespectful, the player doesn't understand, and you ban them for a lot, lot longer than they should have been.

Chemical Crush

Kay I read most of this and I can't really say much except.

Yusifer, you should have known, giving this server a review at all would cause drama.  As much as I like talking to you, you should have just known better.

Can I also just say, that no offense, but Styx you come off as a jerkwad sometimes with your sarcastic remarks.  I don't mean to yusifer, but in general.  You're public relations, Im assuming?  Yet you can't even stand ground and sound friendly / professional a lot of the time.  [ I don't mean to Yusifer ].  Unless i've been reading some stuff out of context and you don't mean to sound sarcastic. If that's the case, I apologize, cause I know sometimes I come off as rude when I really don't mean to.

Honestly that was one of the only things that bugged me on uRO.  Well that, and the community just bashing people for asking a question / having an opinion.

-Shrugs-  This is nothing to do with Yusifer working on the server because I didn't know yusifer until she invited me to the server.

Anyways, jTynne, I hope you keep up the great work with the server.  It truly is a good server, only reason I didn't really stay is because for some god odd reason I lagged a lot [ I'm going to blame my connection cause it was really wonky before ] and the lack of story line quests [ which I completely understand why they werent used ]. 

:)

Usagimimi

Tyrrain's initial comment in-game wasn't really worth the ban, but that e-mail he sent you certainly was. That's disrespectful by all means :x

and I'm glad you unbanned him, though I'm not sure he'll play again anyway. He might still be frustrated but I'll tell him tomorrow that he can play again if he wants to.