Things you need to know before joining Play Baldr International (midrate server)

Started by TheOnlyZee, Jan 09, 2024, 06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOnlyZee

if your planning to play in this server, you should know this to make up your own decision if its worth to play here or not, first of all this is pure neutral information only, i'll put some sensitive type of information to discuss and i dont have any intension to create some bad mouth to this server because i will inform you the hard facts and no lies information only to get you a good head start right away.

1) the server is purely populated with filipino players, this is why the server officials is eager to force everyone to speak english, especially in broadcast, thankfully the community cooperates and adapts to english language so the server can attract foreign players to join the server. the community is very welcoming to the new players and assuring everyone will have a great time playing in this server.

2) the droprate is LOW RATE x1, but x5 or 0.05% rate not 0.01% in cards, and also the raw loots is divided to 2 when selling in the market npc, that is why overcharge skill of merchant is a must, the officials did this to enhance the productivity of the economy and slow progress in such to allow everyone to grind in a hard way. so if you're adapt into a midrate style of droprate, this server is not for you.

3) the server has @combaton or autoattack, they allow this almost botting autoattack, since the official server of RO using this kind of scheme to attract players to join, this server playbaldr did it as well, the 1st ever server who did autoattack in the world of private servers (correct me if im wrong). so if you're lazy to grind or have busy activities irl, this is the way to go. but it only allows 2hrs per 12hrs a day to use autoattack per unique pc or mobile gadget you using, THE BAD THING here is, since the server allow mobile gadget, when i say UNIQUE, they did the abusing part by buying lots of gadget per say, just to create bunch of autoattack bots to grind for raw loots and zeny in game. so the more gadgets you have the more bots you can used to abuse the economy of the server. so far the server has already 4 billion plus zeny all in all circulating around the economy of the server.

4) there's a conflict abuse going on around the streamers of this server. what is it? the server is allowing them to use the high tier donation set costumes items (increase droprate for significant percent) for free, yes for free, they said it's for marketing purposes to promote the said costumes for players to donate, but this cause for them to farm easy in the server, how come the donators allowing this scheme? they spend to have this items but the streamers can use it even when they are not streaming, this people still has the nerves and still using it for big chances of droprate. even they said the percent is "chances" because of the RNG(random number generate) in droprate, still this may cause a big move in the economy of the server. until now the server officials has no proper decision to handle this kind of situation.

so far in my last 2months playing in this server, this are my observations in this server that you may not know. now its up to you, if its worthy to play in the server. again, this are my hard facts information and im still willing to discuss if you have some backlash objections to this topic. im just a proper critique to inform everyone about this server. thank you.

luocai

I've just been a silent viewer and reader here in RMS.

But with information like this, it is time to comment and make an account.

-> #3. You can never control people having one or more gadgets, it is their advantage. Looming over these will give you just the short end of the stick. I somewhat say kind of petty.

But the next question is, what is your real goal in playing Ragnarok? Is it to be competitive? Get ahead? Earn zeny for RMT?  /hmm

I think you are losing the essence why do you play a game. Playing a game aside from being so competitive (like the big guilds) is playing for fun, playing at your own pace. At the end of the day your so-called "abuse by buying gadgets" will only just make you petty. Are you losing the essence of fun by having fewer gadgets? Are you getting behind with items?  /...

The answer? is actually no. You can still farm and get your items at your own pace. Why not instead look at the trend and plan where you will farm so that you'll still be able to earn by selling loot that is in demand.

-> #4. As a player, it is still the management's decision on what will they do with their "marketing strategy" do you even know how much is the cost of maintaining a server? Do you know how much is the cost when doing online advertisements?  /??  /??  /??

Showcasing donate items to streamers is a perk (we may not know if they are paid or not -- this depends on their contract). To cut thing short, showcasing an item is a form of free marketing advertisement.

Lastly, why not try and be proactive /ok  -- negativity will just give you stress and hate towards the whole server. Which is not healthy. Try looking at the whole QUALITY OF LIFE in the server. You are given FREE "premium" commands and features that OTHER SERVERS will hide BEHIND VIP. Most of the players of Ragnarok are in the working class. Having these good server features for FREE is already a hook.

TBH the server is very good compared to the other 2-3 months server. I say if there is anything to improve it's the mindset of how we, a normal casual player help and contribute to the server.  /no1

TheOnlyZee

Quote from: luocai on Jan 09, 2024, 07:27 PMI've just been a silent viewer and reader here in RMS.

But with information like this, it is time to comment and make an account.

-> #3. You can never control people having one or more gadgets, it is their advantage. Looming over these will give you just the short end of the stick. I somewhat say kind of petty.

But the next question is, what is your real goal in playing Ragnarok? Is it to be competitive? Get ahead? Earn zeny for RMT?  /hmm

I think you are losing the essence why do you play a game. Playing a game aside from being so competitive (like the big guilds) is playing for fun, playing at your own pace. At the end of the day your so-called "abuse by buying gadgets" will only just make you petty. Are you losing the essence of fun by having fewer gadgets? Are you getting behind with items?  /...

The answer? is actually no. You can still farm and get your items at your own pace. Why not instead look at the trend and plan where you will farm so that you'll still be able to earn by selling loot that is in demand.

-> #4. As a player, it is still the management's decision on what will they do with their "marketing strategy" do you even know how much is the cost of maintaining a server? Do you know how much is the cost when doing online advertisements?  /??  /??  /??

Showcasing donate items to streamers is a perk (we may not know if they are paid or not -- this depends on their contract). To cut thing short, showcasing an item is a form of free marketing advertisement.

Lastly, why not try and be proactive /ok  -- negativity will just give you stress and hate towards the whole server. Which is not healthy. Try looking at the whole QUALITY OF LIFE in the server. You are given FREE "premium" commands and features that OTHER SERVERS will hide BEHIND VIP. Most of the players of Ragnarok are in the working class. Having these good server features for FREE is already a hook.

TBH the server is very good compared to the other 2-3 months server. I say if there is anything to improve it's the mindset of how we, a normal casual player help and contribute to the server.  /no1

greetings, 1st of all, like i said in this post, its all cold hard facts about the server, i didn't create any bias or to push my own preference to this server. this are all my observation, if you found negativity on my post that's up to you, im not here to make drama, the world of RO community needs to hear it.

talking about real "losing essence" here is, by using lots of gadget to farm as a scheme. this is a gamers game, don't tell me because old folks are busy in life right now they have the power to abuse this kind of scheme, it really affects the economy and i'm sure that people here in RMS knew this information, do you think they will still join the server if there's a scheme goin on in this server? maybe some people, by portion maybe? but some people that can't afford lots of gadget to do this scheme, i don't think so, this is why people need to know. we are losing potential new players because of this kind of scheme that really reks the server.

on the other hand, streamers showcasing the costumes are not bad, but after stream they should not use it to farm for there own needs, which some of this people insanely abuse it in a daily manner, they didn't pay for it in the 1st place, we need to take care of our donators of this server as much as posible, i know this is by chance type of droprate per say but still, at list give some importance or give the donators some significant advantage to non-donators especially to this streamers.

again, im not here to make drama, to become pitty or anything you wanna tell me to disgrace my dignity, i'm here to let the people of RMS that this are the facts they need to know, if is it worthy to join the server or not.

OrcLordDaddy

Quote from: TheOnlyZee on Jan 09, 2024, 06:15 AM4) there's a conflict abuse going on around the streamers of this server. what is it? the server is allowing them to use the high tier donation set costumes items (increase droprate for significant percent) for free, yes for free, they said it's for marketing purposes to promote the said costumes for players to donate, but this cause for them to farm easy in the server, how come the donators allowing this scheme? they spend to have this items but the streamers can use it even when they are not streaming, this people still has the nerves and still using it for big chances of droprate. even they said the percent is "chances" because of the RNG(random number generate) in droprate, still this may cause a big move in the economy of the server. until now the server officials has no proper decision to handle this kind of situation.

Isn't that against the rules according to this recent post by yC:

https://forum.ratemyserver.net/server-discussion/firstjobro-malvare-trojans/msg206777/#msg206777

Quote from: yC on Jan 09, 2024, 03:08 PMThe server is breaking our terms of services by hosting an "rms-event".  Giving reward for review is not allowed.

https://ratemyserver.net/TOS_owner.html

[b]Servers caught allowing third party (including but not limited to: player, streamer, helper, GM) sponsored actions or events to affect their server review results will have their servers suspended from the listing.[/b]

Meanwhile they are still listed?
https://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=22438&itv=6&url_sname=Play%20Baldr%20International

TheOnlyZee

Quote from: OrcLordDaddy on Jan 11, 2024, 03:32 AMIsn't that against the rules according to this recent post by yC:

https://forum.ratemyserver.net/server-discussion/firstjobro-malvare-trojans/msg206777/#msg206777

Meanwhile they are still listed?
https://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=22438&itv=6&url_sname=Play%20Baldr%20International

can you enlighten me on this, can you tell me the exact violation rule here?? the server didn't used any party software. maybe u miss understood. to give u context, this is just a custom costumes in game, not any party software and also not a giving rewards type of thing for reviews. the owner of this server is full aware of that. 

OrcLordDaddy

Quote from: TheOnlyZee on Jan 11, 2024, 03:47 AMcan you enlighten me on this, can you tell me the exact violation rule here?? the server didn't used any party software. maybe u miss understood. to give u context, this is just a custom costumes in game, not any party software.

Read the whole sentence "third party sponsored actions", aka giving them free donation set costumes with advantages such as higher drop rate.
I'm note sure how to interpret that rule, but I think that case would fall into that.

TheOnlyZee

Quote from: OrcLordDaddy on Jan 11, 2024, 04:12 AMRead the whole sentence "third party sponsored actions", aka giving them free donation set costumes with advantages such as higher drop rate.
I'm note sure how to interpret that rule, but I think that case would fall into that.

oh i see, so even a giveaway items from a streamer's event with a sponsor of a server owner is against the rules also? cause this also happening most of the time to some RO streamers.

ragnazorg

We do not have any "rms event". I've been here to know RMS rules for "maybe" longer than you both are, and Yes I am the owner of Play Baldr.

Again, you can re-watch all streams and the streamers only say "please write us a review" we do not give anything to viewers for a review.

TheOnlyZee

Quote from: ragnazorg on Jan 11, 2024, 05:26 AMWe do not have any "rms event". I've been here to know RMS rules for "maybe" longer than you both are, and Yes I am the owner of Play Baldr.

Again, you can re-watch all streams and the streamers only say "please write us a review" we do not give anything to viewers for a review.

my deep apologize to this, about the review rewards thing, i miss understood big time, i don't wanna blame orclorddaddy but i really miss understood him, that is why i keep double posting. 1st i thought the 3rd party software thing, then i thought the reward sponsor by the server owner.

Quote from: OrcLordDaddy on Jan 11, 2024, 04:12 AMRead the whole sentence "third party sponsored actions", aka giving them free donation set costumes with advantages such as higher drop rate.

but to keep it clear and to tell u the context, this is just a proper review observation with no violation to RMS it self, we already discuss things through in the servers discords already about it, and we are a healthy a community, i don't have pride to this community, i really wish we can last for a long time.

To clarify, PlayBaldr does not have any giveaways for any reviews, in fact, this server is against any compensation for reviews as it truly believes in organic reviews. The donate costumes provided for "marketing" purposes is to entice players to get the items via donations, not to review. Again, to re-iterate, PlayBaldr does not violate any terms of service on Rate My Server and does not exchange reviews for any rewards.

TheOnlyZee

Quote from: TheOnlyZee on Jan 09, 2024, 06:15 AM4) there's a conflict abuse going on around the streamers of this server. what is it? the server is allowing them to use the high tier donation set costumes items (increase droprate for significant percent) for free, yes for free, they said it's for marketing purposes to promote the said costumes for players to donate, but this cause for them to farm easy in the server, how come the donators allowing this scheme? they spend to have this items but the streamers can use it even when they are not streaming, this people still has the nerves and still using it for big chances of droprate. even they said the percent is "chances" because of the RNG(random number generate) in droprate, still this may cause a big move in the economy of the server. until now the server officials has no proper decision to handle this kind of situation.

Just a quick update. I'm happy to share that the admin/dev team has decided to address my concern regarding the 4th point in my topic. They have created a new 2-hour rental premium costume that streamers can use to showcase during their own streams. This will not only benefit the donators but also prevent any negative impact on the economy. I'm grateful that they took my feedback into consideration and made the necessary changes.

Quote from: TheOnlyZee on Jan 09, 2024, 06:15 AM3) the server has @combaton or autoattack, they allow this almost botting autoattack, since the official server of RO using this kind of scheme to attract players to join, this server playbaldr did it as well, the 1st ever server who did autoattack in the world of private servers (correct me if im wrong). so if you're lazy to grind or have busy activities irl, this is the way to go. but it only allows 2hrs per 12hrs a day to use autoattack per unique pc or mobile gadget you using, THE BAD THING here is, since the server allow mobile gadget, when i say UNIQUE, they did the abusing part by buying lots of gadget per say, just to create bunch of autoattack bots to grind for raw loots and zeny in game. so the more gadgets you have the more bots you can used to abuse the economy of the server. so far the server has already 4 billion plus zeny all in all circulating around the economy of the server.

In the third point, there are no major concerns. Our server is a community-based type of server, where we work together like a family to discuss the future development of the server. They enlightened me that having more android gadgets is better for farming in the server. So far, I am satisfied and I acknowledge all the players who are really busy in real life, but are still trying to be part of the server by playing using their gadgets in an idle way.

TheOnlyZee

Just a week after my post on RMS about Play Baldr International, titled 'Things You Need to Know', I realized there are so many things you should know about this server that will definitely keep you engaged and make you like it.

1) Despite the influx of new servers popping up left and right, the Play Baldr server has managed to thrive through thick and thin. The community is highly active, and the GMs are now more involved than ever. Additionally, the team has welcomed many new helpers who are official members and have been instrumental in providing assistance not only to existing players but also to new players joining the community. At present, they are still recruiting marketing players to promote the server by creating positive buzz that can be heard by all potential players, with the intention of enticing them to join. They are willing to compensate those who work for them with in-game baldr currency.

2) The Baldr Team and the owner/developer of Play Baldr International have been instrumental in ensuring the continued success of the server. Their extensive knowledge has enabled them to establish a robust connection with the server host, which effectively prevents lag and disconnection issues. As a result, the server is now open to players from all over the world. In my personal experience, whenever the server experiences DDOS attacks or sudden disconnections, the team has been able to quickly restore the server to normalcy within seconds and I guarantee you that not any other servers can do that.

3) The owner/developer and their team have been working on some new features and an in-game episode that is set to launch this month. These features are unique to Play Baldr International and cannot be found on any other servers. There are rumors that the developer is creating a special episode called "BIOSPHERE", which is a custom episode series that includes various activities, quests, new weapons, equipment, and monsters that are uniquely made by the server. I'm sure everyone is excited for this new addition to the game.

4) So far, I have noticed only minor issues with the server. The server is focused on maintaining a healthy and robust economy for the long run. While the server allows RMT activities, it is done in a discreet and non-harmful way. The server has created a community group that only allows players with the power to do RMT activities. However, they have a rule not to lowball the SRP (suggested retail price) of zeny. They put up the exact price, nothing more, nothing less. As we all know, players come and go. Some players quit and leave, while others commit crimes in the game and get punished by banning them. Some people outside the server or those who want to tarnish the server's reputation try to manipulate things by infiltrating the SRP price of zennies in the server. They do this by buying at a lowball price in a public manner, trying to lower the zeny SRP price. Fortunately, the community, GMs, and owner are aware of this and handle it swiftly by removing these individuals from the RMT community of Play Baldr International.

Thank you for reading my post. I will do my best to keep you updated on the latest developments of the Play Baldr International server. Please bear with me if there are any conflicts or disapprovals on my post. As always, I am just a brother trying to promote the server in a neutral way. I hope you all have a great day and a happy weekend! /no1