Tech RO [the new one]

Started by tiawyn, Jan 02, 2010, 01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiawyn

Tech Ro

Tech Ro is a newly opened server, opened at the beginning of December. I joined around mid December looking for a server I could play during winter break, and possibly beyond that. What I was looking for was a 99/70 1k/1k exp server, which is a rarity it seems like today, and this fit the bill. However, there are a few downsides to this server.

Server Information

Rates: 1000x/1000x/1000x; Card Drop 100x; MVP Item Drop 100x; MVP Card Drop 1x

Max Levels: 99/70 Transcendent Job 2 [No third class]

Customs: N/A

My Review

Server Stability: This is a very stable server, I have not been disconnected due to a server crash nor been lagged out. There have been a few down times although they have lasted no more than five minutes.

Game Play: There is a good economy; there are lots of venders with reasonable prices. Since the drop rate is so high, the money flow is not a problem at all.

Guild Competition: There is a lot of drama dealing with a few guilds on this server. I have not participated in any WoE's myself because of being afraid to get myself tangled in the growing issue.

Class Balance: All in all, it is a relatively balanced server. The only part I noticed is that the top PVP players in this server are either Assassin Cross' or Champions.

GMs: I have not interacted with the GMs or the Administration at all. The GMs seem unprofessional (to me at least) and unknowing of what their contribution to the server is. There is no "Moderator" which I believe there NEEDS to be one. There are three staff members. One GM I haven't seen on the server at all, I've only seen him on the forums, and even then the posts that he writes seem unprofessional (ex. Excessive profanity). There have been issues with the other GM which is still unresolved. The Administrator doesn't seem to care about the condition of his server. Even though the issue with the one GM is disturbing, he has not seemed to notice about it, so he has not taken any action towards fixing it.

Community

Players: There have been a few nice players that I have interacted with, but other than that, the majority of the server seems to be rebellious, ignorant, and rude. The forums are filled with flaming one another, profanity left and right; even the GMs picked up on the profanity, which only seems to encourage them. This is distasteful to me and I'm sure other players that up and left once they have interacted with certain players.

Bots: There have been many bots on this server, a lot of AFK creators farming materials. It seems to make the Assassin Cross EDP easy to get, hence the SinX's seem to take over the server as well as the Creators with their limitless supply of acid bottles. Because of this problem, my guildmates had no choice but to set up bots of their own to keep up with the other players. The staff doesn't seem to notice, or if they do they don't care.

Forums: I usually look over the entire forum and make my judgments on players based on what they say. From what I saw, I cannot believe the player base on this server. It seems like the player base are a bunch of immature 12 year olds expressing how cool they are to put as many cuss words in one sentence and have flaming wars with each other and drag the GMs into it as well. I have not seen a more distasteful community in my life. Like I said, there are a few who stick it out and doesn't seem to affect them any, but to me it is unacceptable. I don't know how the staff can put up with this.

Suggestions on Improvement

1.)    Profanity: Put a block on profanity both in-game and on the forums. I've seen it done before, and it is possible. Some servers don't require it, but this server sure needs it.

2.)    Staff: The staff needs an overhaul. The Admin needs to put his foot down and give power to his GMs. I am aware that the Admin can't be on 24/7, but he needs to address the server to be vigilant and obedient, most of all RESPECTFUL of his staff. I believe he also needs to hire at least one more GM to be a Moderator/Enforcer of the server so he can wipe out the bots once and for all in hopes of putting an end to this madness.

3.)    Community: This is a hopeless battle, but if there is a way for the community to straighten up and just play to have fun, not to have flaming wars with each other, it would make the server more suitable for more players and have some fun for a change instead of constant war with each other. Games are suited for fun, and last time I checked, RO was considered a game.

mickiedeez

I found the community simply terible. I met maybe 4 nice people fo the 100+ I interacted with. They all need to go back to 4chan /b/ and stay there.

The GMs are ignorant, hypocritical, and act rashly.  For example, several players were banend for being afk, and only one or two screenies was provided. 1 month later I pointed this out and then they decided to let the players be unbanned. Another example being a few hours after my guildmand I arrived, we were accused by members of another guild we had encountered ona  previous server of AFKing in BGs. We were not, however a GM told us multiple times not to even though we werent, and subsequently threatened us with punishment, even though no one was afk. Another example of their ignorance is the admin quoting a troll saying something(in a report thread regarding harrasssment) along the lines of "we dont need faggoty f*** like that here get out niggers", and the admin posted, somethign along the lines of "yes we dont need that here".

The admin claims to want a nice community, yet no one is punished for the behavior which is supposed to be against the rules, and the mods ignore everything on forums.
Quote from: Temjin on Feb 16, 2010, 12:07 PM
You are a f*** idiot. Why you even bother to post here, I will never know. It is BEYOND ME.

Detta

The community on the forums is a nightmare, and nothing gets done by the GMs. What the people above have said is the truth!

Additionally, the head GM is now giving away items such as Combat Knife and Gentleman's Pipe to his "friends".