ShockwaveRO

Started by Raeina, Aug 04, 2008, 09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raeina

ShockwaveRO is listed as the #2 SHR server according to the list given by RMS.

Recently sRO's popularity reached 100+ over the last few days.
There's also news of it getting a new host on August the 6th, so no lag due to the increasing members.
Here is my in-depth rating of sRO:

Server Stability/Availability: Very stable. You hardly get any connection errors (unless of course it's due to your own connection problems), the server hardly restarts, and it hardly goes off-line (thanks to Johnny, who pays for the server).

Community Friendliness: Most people are very awesome (Outside of PvP). Now, when you go into PvP, it's a different story. I know it's PvP, so you kill each other, correct? Well, if you politely ask someone to stop killing you randomly, either they won't answer at all and just wait for you to comeback, or they mimic you. For example: "Hey, can you stop? I'm trying to kill this other guy." Then they say "Hey, can you stop?" You get the idea. But, you occasionally meet someone you can talk to in PvP, which is pretty cool (it reminds you that actual people are behind the character sprites).

Eventfulness: There's at least 2 event time periods daily. sRO has organized events, and they made an event station and event NPCs just for it. Although, if you ask the GM for events, they won't give you any. Even if you ask nicely, since I guess they're annoyed by the begging, they still won't do any.

Game Masters: Really, the GMs are cool. They're real people, they help you out. Of course, you should understand that they get mad easily because of all the constant begging/noob-tasticness of some members. The friendliest GMs out there (imo) are GM Karma, GM Gait, and GM Funsize (although I didn't interact with him too much). My only warning about interacting with GMs is this: There is one GM that always talked me down, called me stupid, made me feel like s*** (I dunno, maybe I was acting like a dumbass to him, but really, I was just having an opinion). His name is Flow. I guess this GM is stressed out a lot, so he may spurt out phrases like "I'll bite your head off" (something to that extent).

Game Masters in PvP: GMs are allowed to have legit characters on this server (meaning they have alternate characters they can play on who do NOT have GM powers). The problem I had with GM Flow was that on his legit character, he'd always KoS me and my guild (Kill on Sight). I don't know if it was a personal problem or not, but it really got on my nerves, even when I asked him to stop politely (Also, if you kill his legit, he'll call his friends to team you since you're better than him at PvP). If you don't believe me, just ask some of the veteran players (But of course, they might be friends with Flow and only got his good side to show towards them. So ask several people for different point of views.) Side Note: The rules in this server states: No harassing players. I don't know if someone who consecutively kills another player and targets them specifically so many times after asking them to stop is considered as harassment. (I still do not know the reason why.)

Game-play: Since this is a SHR server, obtaining regular items is a breeze. But the customs are hard to obtain for most new players. They have several guides on the server's forums to help you out.

Customs: Very original. They're pretty, they're stylish, they even have several different colors of the same one so you can match your clothes dye (They have up to 500 different color palettes, pretty awesome.) The customs also have their own small map for it, and are organized in alphabetical order with complete thumbnail pictures and item descriptions. They also have custom weapons.

Class Balance: Pretty fair. They nerfed several things such as 100% Magic Reflect, 100% Range Resist, etc. They also changed card effects so that Baby Classes can PvP just as well. They also changed the damage of Esma, since it kept doing 999k on everyone (even with elemental resist).

Rule Enforcement: Pretty good. Regular players also help out to enforce the rules. GMs too (But sometimes I feel like they take it overboard when someone is close to breaking a rule, but isn't really.)

So you're probably thinking "Hm, I should join this server. It has a lot of cool stuff, cool GMs, cool people. Yeah I'll download it right now."

WARNING: I should tell you something before you start playing. I quit this server, no matter how awesome it was. Here is why I quit:

+ GM Flow consecutively harassed my guild because one of my members shouted out "Jew!" in the PvP room. I understand that it was offensive, but that member of my guild was actually Jewish. Apparently GM Flow's friends got offended, and they started KoSing the whole guild whenever we were in PvP. I remember flow saying "Nothing personal against you." Oh and GM Flow always trolled me on the forums, even though that was breaking the rules, I guess no one noticed.

+ Players who are close friends with Flow, or ex-enemies, all hate me. I mean, I was acquainted with a few of them. They were nice people. But they don't like how I posted a goodbye speech in the forum because I still post on the forums. I dunno, I don't know what the big deal is if someone keeps posting their opinions on forums even though they quit playing the game itself. When I read that thread, I was thinking "Wow, sRO is so good at making me feel like s***." Sometimes, when you're playing this server, you feel like you can't have an opinion about something that's strongly accepted by the majority of the players.

+ Rude people. I know, you're thinking that every server has asshats, and that I should just deal with it. But no, sRO has a different breed. They're rude to you, only you, because you're different, because you're new. They're nice people, they're friendly, they like helping out noobs, but if they just don't like you somehow, they'll be rude to you.

And that is all. I hope this helped inform you about the SHR server, ShockwaveRO.
I recommend it for the quiet, the subjective, the power hungry, the beautiful people, the social butterflies, the serious PvPers, and the tolerant.

Best of luck.

Posted on: Aug 04, 2008, 01:04 pm
Edit: Please kindly move this to server reviews. I'm sorry for breaking the rules.

No One

Ok I'm going to break this down real easy for you. Starting with your warning.

She 'claims' that she quit the server. "Quiting' would imply that she left the server of her own free will. Funny how the reason she left was actually because she got banned like a whole bunch of her friends. So no, she didn't quit, she was forced to leave for breaking rules. Next she brings up her 'Quiting topic'. She posts a quiting topic after she got banned, but then, after causing all kinds of forum drama with her supposed quiting she continued to post random crap on the forums. That doesn't seem like quiting to me and you would think after being banned they would get the idea to move on somewhere else. And she complains about having an opinion and not having it widely accepted? Welcome to life. No one is required to agree with you. And if you post stupid things its no wonder the vast majority of people don't agree.

Now she contradicts herself. She claims that everyone was really nice, very welcoming, and was incredibly helpful to new people. Then says that if they don't like you they are rude to you? Seriously? Of course if they don't like you they aren't going to be nice to you. Thats anywhere in life when dealing with anyone. Why would someone be nice to you if you give them a reason to not like you? And don't let her fool you, there was numerous reasons why people didn't like her or her guildies.

She complains about GM Flow. He is a GM. If someone calls someone a 'Jew' on a server that doesn't allow harassment, and someone is offended, its his job as a GM to handle it. Whether or not the person that said it was Jewish doesn't matter. The point is that OTHER players found it offensive. Then she complains about being KoSed in PvP. Its PvP. That happens, if you can't deal with being KoSed on a PvP server perhaps you should rethink where you play, perhaps a server built towards something else, perhaps leveling or something, like a mid or lowrate, would be better for you.

Now in closing I would just like to point out that Shockwave has a large community of people that all get along wonderfully and have no problems what-so-ever. Her and her friends were disliked by the vast majority of the server so perhaps the problem lies not with the server but with her and her friends.

Auroraâ„¢

Alright, before I say anything about this post, lemme' say that Raeina and quite a few people were banned from this server because of spam insulting the Head GM, Flow, and trying bypass temp. bans/warnings and doing the same thing.

I also have nothing against this person, but I am going to defend this server.

Everything bolded is Raeina's original post. Everything blue is my response.

ShockwaveRO is listed as the #2 SHR server according to the list given by RMS.

Recently sRO's popularity reached 100+ over the last few days.
There's also news of it getting a new host on August the 6th, so no lag due to the increasing members.
Here is my in-depth rating of sRO:

Server Stability/Availability: Very stable. You hardly get any connection errors (unless of course it's due to your own connection problems), the server hardly restarts, and it hardly goes off-line (thanks to Johnny, who pays for the server).[/b]

I have nothing to say about this, because this is 100% true.

Community Friendliness: Most people are very awesome (Outside of PvP). Now, when you go into PvP, it's a different story. I know it's PvP, so you kill each other, correct? Well, if you politely ask someone to stop killing you randomly, either they won't answer at all and just wait for you to comeback, or they mimic you. For example: "Hey, can you stop? I'm trying to kill this other guy." Then they say "Hey, can you stop?" You get the idea. But, you occasionally meet someone you can talk to in PvP, which is pretty cool (it reminds you that actual people are behind the character sprites).

I have not witnessed one person that "mimiced" you during PvP, or not say anything at all to you if you ask them to stop. It's true, there's always going to be the jerk in PvP that's going to ruin PvP for you and everyone else, but I have not come across a single person that does things like this. Also, the guild that Raeina was in was a guild that a lot of people didn't like due to individual, personal problems. So yes, members of her guild was KoS'd a lot due to these said problems that was brought upon themselves.

Eventfulness: There's at least 2 event time periods daily. sRO has organized events, and they made an event station and event NPCs just for it. Although, if you ask the GM for events, they won't give you any. Even if you ask nicely, since I guess they're annoyed by the begging, they still won't do any.

GMs don't ask for events because the Admin asks for a certain amount of people, minimum, to be on to start events. Also, it's clear that you shouldn't ask GMs for events.

Game Masters: Really, the GMs are cool. They're real people, they help you out. Of course, you should understand that they get mad easily because of all the constant begging/noob-tasticness of some members. The friendliest GMs out there (imo) are GM Karma, GM Gait, and GM Funsize (although I didn't interact with him too much). My only warning about interacting with GMs is this: There is one GM that always talked me down, called me stupid, made me feel like s*** (I dunno, maybe I was acting like a dumbass to him, but really, I was just having an opinion). His name is Flow. I guess this GM is stressed out a lot, so he may spurt out phrases like "I'll bite your head off" (something to that extent).

The GMs don't get mad easily, I've never seen a GM get honestly mad at another player that did something unless it was someone doing something to break a rule, which even then, they never got "mad", they did their job. A lot of GMs are stricter than others. Also, about Flow, according to a lot of other players, Raeina/people from her guild did start a lot of crap with Flow, which caused a HUMAN reaction.

Game Masters in PvP: GMs are allowed to have legit characters on this server (meaning they have alternate characters they can play on who do NOT have GM powers). The problem I had with GM Flow was that on his legit character, he'd always KoS me and my guild (Kill on Sight). I don't know if it was a personal problem or not, but it really got on my nerves, even when I asked him to stop politely (Also, if you kill his legit, he'll call his friends to team you since you're better than him at PvP). If you don't believe me, just ask some of the veteran players (But of course, they might be friends with Flow and only got his good side to show towards them. So ask several people for different point of views.) Side Note: The rules in this server states: No harassing players. I don't know if someone who consecutively kills another player and targets them specifically so many times after asking them to stop is considered as harassment. (I still do not know the reason why.)

KoS is not against the rules, to start off, and as I already said, the people of this guild brought on a lot of problems to themselves with other players, including Flow on his legit character. Also? It's PvP, it's going to happen. It's something you have to get over. GMs are humans too, things said can get to them too, or upset them, and according to a lot of other players, including said GMs that KoS on their legit, a lot of stuff was started to upset them.

Game-play: Since this is a SHR server, obtaining regular items is a breeze. But the customs are hard to obtain for most new players. They have several guides on the server's forums to help you out.

Nothing I can say about this, this is true. Though, killing the custom MvPs isn't as hard as people make it seem.

Customs: Very original. They're pretty, they're stylish, they even have several different colors of the same one so you can match your clothes dye (They have up to 500 different color palettes, pretty awesome.) The customs also have their own small map for it, and are organized in alphabetical order with complete thumbnail pictures and item descriptions. They also have custom weapons.

Again, nothing I can say. 100% true.

Class Balance: Pretty fair. They nerfed several things such as 100% Magic Reflect, 100% Range Resist, etc. They also changed card effects so that Baby Classes can PvP just as well. They also changed the damage of Esma, since it kept doing 999k on everyone (even with elemental resist).

-

Rule Enforcement: Pretty good. Regular players also help out to enforce the rules. GMs too (But sometimes I feel like they take it overboard when someone is close to breaking a rule, but isn't really.)

I haven't, myself, seen a single player take it overboard with helping out with rule enforcement. I can admit, some players are more serious about enforcing the rules than others, but never have I seen it taken too far.

So you're probably thinking "Hm, I should join this server. It has a lot of cool stuff, cool GMs, cool people. Yeah I'll download it right now."

WARNING: I should tell you something before you start playing. I quit this server, no matter how awesome it was. Here is why I quit:

Just saying, she didn't quit, her and plenty of others that was involved in her situation was banned. (IP Banned)

+ GM Flow consecutively harassed my guild because one of my members shouted out "Jew!" in the PvP room. I understand that it was offensive, but that member of my guild was actually Jewish. Apparently GM Flow's friends got offended, and they started KoSing the whole guild whenever we were in PvP. I remember flow saying "Nothing personal against you." Oh and GM Flow always trolled me on the forums, even though that was breaking the rules, I guess no one noticed.

Again, KoSing is going to happen. It's PvP. And yes, shouting something like "JEW!" will tick people off, and it's against the rules to use racial slurs, no matter if it's jokingly or not. It did offend certain people, which was also a reason these people were KoS'd, though, as far as I know, there were problems even before that that was causing them to be KoS'd constantly - as I've already stated. As for forum trolling, I never witnessed Flow doing that to Raeina. Granted, people have their own opinion, and Flow's could have clashed with hers, making it seem as though he trolled, when all he was doing was expressing his opinion.

+ Players who are close friends with Flow, or ex-enemies, all hate me. I mean, I was acquainted with a few of them. They were nice people. But they don't like how I posted a goodbye speech in the forum because I still post on the forums. I dunno, I don't know what the big deal is if someone keeps posting their opinions on forums even though they quit playing the game itself. When I read that thread, I was thinking "Wow, sRO is so good at making me feel like s***." Sometimes, when you're playing this server, you feel like you can't have an opinion about something that's strongly accepted by the majority of the players.

First of all. This "Goodbye" topic was created just because of you. One of our players (I won't single out the name) was annoyed with everyone posting these long goodbye threads, after either making a scene ingame, or causing one with said thread, and wanted to tell everyone her own opinion - there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Others threw in their opinions, and that's that. As the player who posted this topic said, if it offends you, then it's your own fault for reading it. She wasn't trying to offend anyone, or single anyone out. Also? Constructive criticism. Learn how to take it. Everyone on this server had to, and most likely everyone will have to, one way or another.

+ Rude people. I know, you're thinking that every server has asshats, and that I should just deal with it. But no, sRO has a different breed. They're rude to you, only you, because you're different, because you're new. They're nice people, they're friendly, they like helping out noobs, but if they just don't like you somehow, they'll be rude to you.

A different breed? Can I lol? No one here is rude to you because you're different. There are so many people here who have crude senses of humor, it's not even funny. They don't mean it in a rude way, and if you're offended by their jokes, simply say so. If they don't stop? It's called reporting. Also, this statement is completely contradictory to the point I think you were trying to make.

And that is all. I hope this helped inform you about the SHR server, ShockwaveRO.
I recommend it for the quiet, the subjective, the power hungry, the beautiful people, the social butterflies, the serious PvPers, and the tolerant.

-

Best of luck.

Posted on: Aug 04, 2008, 01:04 pm
Edit: Please kindly move this to server reviews. I'm sorry for breaking the rules.[/b]

-

» Coming Soon! «

Raeina

I did quit. Before making a new character with the offensive name, I BC'd that I was quitting. I gave away all my customs.

Auroraâ„¢

If you "quit" why on earth would you stick around the forums, and make another character? Also, you BCed? No one saw you BC, whatsoever, and if you were going to quit, why would you make a scene?

Kind of seems like BS to me, no offense.

» Coming Soon! «

No One

I hardly see how claiming to quit after punishment and before doing something to deliberately cause more trouble counts as Quiting. That is like an illegal immigrant telling people he is taking a vacation to another country just before getting deported then claiming that they didn't get deported that they went on vacation.

Raeina

I guess it doesn't matter now, since I'm gone. But you can ask several people who PM'd me when I did BC.
FangZero
Believe
Crit

That's all I remember.

Descent

Wow, pissing contest much? The following quote really struck a chord with me, however.

Quote from: Auroraâ,,¢ on Aug 04, 2008, 11:49 PM

KoS is not against the rules, to start off, and as I already said, the people of this guild brought on a lot of problems to themselves with other players, including Flow on his legit character. Also? It's PvP, it's going to happen. It's something you have to get over. GMs are humans too, things said can get to them too, or upset them, and according to a lot of other players, including said GMs that KoS on their legit, a lot of stuff was started to upset them.
-

Staff impartiality over personal motives. If a GM has to take personal problems out with players via a legit(KoSing, harassment, et cetera), and it's widely known that the character doing the killing IS in fact a staffer's legit...that GM should never have been given a staff position to begin with. That's like a player telling me that they don't like my server rates, so I make it a point to go on a legit and make them miserable. Now, I don't know Flow or how he acts, but justifying a staffer KoSing a player guild? Both of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Furthermore, opinions are opinions, I really fail to understand why the two of you are attacking Raeina, except with possibly the underlying motive to start drama.

Auroraâ„¢

Just for your information, almost no one knows this GMs legits, and like any other player with emotions, he's going to react when it comes to people insulting him or his friends.

Also, starting drama? You shouldn't really try and call us out on that before you see the kind of things they've tried to start on our own forums. Also, we're not attacking her, we're countering her bad statements with our own opinions/facts.

» Coming Soon! «

Funsize

Just so you know, before I see a lot of "Well, GM has legits that PVP, impartiality", I have banned many friends, and had to stay with many enemies. As I say to anyone that doubts it. GMs can act anyway they want on their legits, as long as no rules are broken. If they carry that attitude to their GM, that is when there is a problem. Any GM with a legit knows the difference between being fair and bias.

Jin-Rho

Hi Comunity,

i read this post-offensive an i thought:
"lets take a look on this server!"

I like 2 try out new server,playin around with options,
which admin configurated,an love 2 be surprised by good hard honestly work.
But that, what i seen there.....

Creating a new form now,the: "HOW COULD IT BE, ...."-form

1.)   ......that someone forgot the jobchange to Soul-Linker?
2.)   ......that the WHOLE COMUNITY (53 heads) was unable to say,where i can find a change 2 SL?
3.)   ......that most skills are cutted out?
4.)   ......an Admin is unable 2 ban few Cards in pvp,so he´s "forced" 2 kick em completely out of game?
5.)   ......that crashed items still drop?(Ygg-berry´s ,4 xample?)
6.)   ......that GM was unable 2 say me,how many dex i need 2 break Lucky Dodge from MVP?

I could go on that way the whole night long.
If I start to play a new server,
and i do/did/will do this alot of times,trust me,i write a list with a pro/contra,
ranking those server by my own.here comes the joke:

after 1h ,i wrote 67 pts of contra ,an 1(!!!)pro(free thana-card).
I neither cant xplain,why played whole 3 hours after kicking list through the room,i guess,i was hoping to find IT,
the all-excusing THING, hell know, what i was looking for,expecting some OWN work,some creativity,some LOVE for this,what they do,for what they give SO MUCH time.....nothing.but the best is:

A GM entered,on the crest of my disillusionment, an said :
"If u have a non-build-question,PM me"

"Cool,thats what i´ll do" thought,an confronted her (Mia or Mai or somelike) with my probs.
specialy the HW-card,which give SN HP-bonus
-suggestive like a bow for a mage-
an alone in her way to answer i felt directly: "She got not a hunch"

short after i asked her,IF she has no plan,she left game directly
-an THATS a NO-GO,running away from criticism-
an i had never heard something of her again.

Jop, seems to be the way, GM handle with perhaps a lil bit indiscret questions on ths server.
25 min. later,the next GM comes online^^an the gag start from begining.
I wanrt to point out again,that i want insulting in any kind.

a frustration and a real shame for Ragnarok Online.

Jin

P.S:GM´s and ADMIN are invited to take a stance,IF they wont run away again......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT on18.Oktober 2008:

My acc has been banned after writing this post.....,
a "mistake", like they said, but i can`t realy belive in this.
Nice style to handle with reviews, u have ALOT to learn.
A blame for the "RO" un ur servername.

Jin
Even the best start as a fool

Auroraâ„¢

Uh, Jin. I really think, if you're going to review a server, you need to start your own topics, and not drag out these old ones.

» Coming Soon! «

Jin-Rho

Quote from: Auroraâ,,¢ on Oct 05, 2008, 09:13 PM
Uh, Jin. I really think, if you're going to review a server, you need to start your own topics, and not drag out these old ones.

My mistake ^_^,thought,would be better,if just 1 topic 4 each server.
Next time ll open my own,thx for pointer.

Geez,
Jin
Even the best start as a fool