Seireitei RO Review

Started by Icyredraven, Jan 02, 2008, 04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icyredraven

Note: This review is based on my opinions and personal experience.

Server Stability= 9.5/10

As far as I have been playing in this server, I had only been disconnected once which is my personal new high score. The custom items in this server are bright, shiny, and flashy so in crowded areas it creates lag, which I experience usually in this server.

Server Availability= 10/10

As far as I have been playing this server, I can always log on when I want excluding that one time where I was disconnected.

Friendly Community= 6.5/10

Probably only 1 or 2 out of a handful of people are happy the help the confused and ignorant. Everyone else is already in their own social circles so the only way to play this game without being too lonely is to bring a couple of friends over to play. Even if this is a PK server, there's just a lot of unfair KSing and PKing going on. The rules in the forum clearly states that KSing is not allowed unless asked by the person already killing the monster. There is a quest which requires you to retrieve 44 MvP cards. So while trying to kill a MvP, expect a mob of people trying to KS and PK you. Also, be prepared to be spammed with guild invites the minute you spawn. Also, every server needs that couple of people who are given authority to lecture and reprimand other players just because they can.

Events= 7.5/10

So far, the only events I've ever participated in were events hosted by the players themselves. Sometimes the GM's will help with the events but I have never seen them host one themselves.

GM's= 8.3/10

The GM's I know so far are extremely helpful, asking us players if we have any questions every 45 minutes or so, though the GM's will pay more attention to the players they already know and talk to. You can usually find them in the hometown chatting in their own social circles. Also, their rules are pretty strict to some, but lenient to others, and by others I mean people they are friends with. Also, they are sometimes hypocritical. They reprimand others for talking inappropriately like the 4-lettered "C" word while they are discussing who they are currently "having forced sexual relationships with".

Economy= 7.5/10

In this particular server, zeny being used as currency is completely out of the question. They have what they call "treasure rooms" in which each 1000 HP Poring will drop 10 Treasure boxes which can sell for 150k each. The Porings are already in large mobs so a single AoE skill can get you about 100-150 treasure boxes which is already around 150,000,000-250,000,000 zeny. You can reach the maximum amount of 1 billion zeny in less then 1 minute of your time. Now as what is used for currency is what you call "Soul Coins". To acquire these Soul Coins, you need to trade in 3,000 treasure boxes. Now the maximum amount of treaure boxes one can hold is 30,000, so you can get 10 Soul Coins from each go, right? No. You have to exchange your treasure boxes for Soul Coins one by one. So if you have 30,000 treasure boxes, you have to keep clicking the NPC, selecting option of exchanging boxes for coins, clicking next, clicking the confirmation to exchange, then clicking next again. You have to repeat this process 10 times. Now it's not all that bad considering the only custom items you can buy with Soul Coins are 3 different head gears for 10 Soul Coins each. But for this custom bow, you need 100 Soul Coins, and for another quest you need 500 SOUL COINS! The fact that I have to repeat that endless clicking process discouraged me from even going anywhere near those quests.

Guild Competition= 9/10

I'm not going to go into much detail with this one but as far as I've been playing, I've only noticed one guild event within the first week of playing. It's just pretty much a race to see who has the most movement speed. There could be more events, but as I said, I'm not going into much detail here.

Class Balance= 7.7/10

As in most HRS, the dominating class is SinX and maybe that 1 sniper. Also, like some other servers, you can just buy stat/skill points. Also you can buy skill scrolls as well including; LoV, Storm Gust, Meteor Storm, AGI UP, and alot more. So you can expect people to start spamming Storm Gust and LoV once in PvP. Not much to say here since it's so blunt and obvious.

Overall= 8.2/10

As far as HRS go, this one is actually pretty good, but it can use a bit of tweaking.

critique

well i have been a server critique for almost 3 years now.

and it has come to my attention that there is wrong something wrong with this server.
base upon my experience in this server. I have been trying out this server for more than a month now.
and i can see GM's and Sub-GM's having "legit" characters. and ruling the pk world or as u say the pvp area. Some sub-GM's spend most of their time playing than helping out.
And it doesn't matter if you are a GM or a sub-GM.

I think seireitei's GM and sub-GM's should read this.

RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE GM

The Gravity House Rules lists three main responsibilities of the GM. They are important enough to repeat here. Consider them carved in stone. They should never, ever be broken.

1. GMs are to remain scrupulously impartial in all matters
   2. GMs should not change the parameters of the game after players start signing up for the game unless the players unanimously vote to do so. This includes changing the deadline calculation, victory conditions, press flags, etc.
   3. GMs may not play in their own game.

APPENDIX A - GENERAL GM ADVICE

# Be consistent.
# Be responsive. If you are not available once a day, tell everyone your schedule.
# Don't overdo it. It's preferable to have GMs that do this for years then one who overdoes it for a few months and then disappears.
# Never overestimate your own importance. Always remember that a GM is there for the players, not the other way around.
# Your responsibility is to the players as a group, to help them have an enjoyable game. Don't worry overmuch about being fair to a troublemaker in your game.
# Be impartial, this is the cardinal rule. NEVER favor any player for any reason!
# It is as bad a form for a GM to be 'involved' in a game as it is for a referee to be 'involved' in a football game.
# Be clear about your rulings. If you want people to not swear, speak French or bark in your games you have to make this clear in advance. Making arbitrary rulings mid-game will only make players mad at you.
# If you are going on a holiday or have to be away from the game for a while, set the grace period far enough ahead to avoid problems. Better still, find a replacement GM who will shepherd your game in your absence.

iIse

Well, the gms there are playing for fun, there's no reason of making a server if they won't enjoy it themselves.

*They don't rule the pvp. Many persons can kill GM's "legit".
*SinX don't rule at all, there's alot of jobs that may rule when they have the right build.
*The server is having new Sub GMs who are active.

SeireiteiRO Player,
Xeisuke

i a n

all GM in that servers are noob

Littlechan

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Quote from: i a n on Sep 24, 2008, 12:00 PM
all GM in that servers are noob

flame again and you'll get a warn >.>

Xarale

Quote from: Xeisuke on Feb 15, 2008, 10:07 AM
Well, the gms there are playing for fun, there's no reason of making a server if they won't enjoy it themselves.

*They don't rule the pvp. Many persons can kill GM's "legit".
*SinX don't rule at all, there's alot of jobs that may rule when they have the right build.
*The server is having new Sub GMs who are active.

SeireiteiRO Player,
Xeisuke

Although the GMs made that server, it's never a good idea for them to play in it themselves.  The temptation to break out the @item command will grow as they continue to play legit chars, especially if they're involved in PvP/WoE & they happen to lose a lot.  Depending on what level of GM they are, they may also be tempted to use various commands to check out what equips their rivals are using, which will give any GM legit character an unfair advantage.  I'm not saying ALL GMs who have legits do this, but it's a high percentage of them that do. 
Also, any GM will almost always favour the guild their legit characters play in.  For example, say if a big e-drama fest broke out between the GM's legit guild, and their main rivals.  Even if the rival guild was innocent, the GMs would very likely side with their own legit guild, and it'd be the rival guild that ended up getting their members banned.. etc.  Again, and I stress this point, not all GMs who play legits will do this, but when they get involved in the game, it's just human nature to side with your friends rather than your rivals.

Not only this, but say if the GM's legits happened to be in a top winning guild, the first natural thought of the majority of players will be "hmm, I wonder if those GMs are cheating".  There's been so many corrupt GMs on various servers, that it's just natural to have suspicions about GMs when they play legit & happen to win a lot.  Any GM who plays a legit will never earn the same respect as a fully legit player, players will always have doubts when GM's legits become successful top players.

If a GM wants to play legit, they're better off doing so in a seperate server.  That way, no one will be shouting accusations at the GM team.  As critique said, a GM playing a legit on his/her server is basically the same as a referee joining in with a game of football/soccer or w/e.