Rhapsody-RO

Started by Rekenber, Jul 16, 2008, 12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rekenber

First of all, Rhapsody-RO is a server made by the same person as Cake RO.

===============================================
http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/server-reviews/cakero/0/
===============================================

Rhapsody-RO is a better version of CakeRO. The server itself is stable and I did not experience any lag at all. However, this is what it starts like in CakeRO, before all the random wipes occured. This server might be safe to play, it might not, I can't tell yet.

~

The community is the same however, if not worse. Most of the people from CakeRO migrated to Rhapsody-RO and still rude as ever.

The server has some different NPCs than CakeRO and I asked a random person sitting, "Is there any bank NPC that doesn't require 500 fee?" He replies, "Go learn yourself." I asked another person and then he starts insulting me, saying I'm a "n00b" and then throws bad grammar at me. Also, I was training in Ant Hell when I receive a random PM from a person spamming "n00b s***". Can't even reply because he/she logged off and comes back with another character. I tried telling this to a GM, but he said he was too busy and I could see him just blabbing away with his friends. That wasn't nice. ;-;

The forums is full of nonsense. Mostly all topics goes crazy.

I could see that the players are friendly towards familiar people and would act rude against a new stranger.

~

There is one improvement that I have to admit; the GMs and Moderators.

GMs are active and I almost always see them on. However, they would rather prefer to talk with friends then actually try to help people. Sometimes, they would completely ignore me unless I start to spam "Excuse me GM." Then I get a warning not to spam. That's not right.

The biggest improvement is the Forum Moderator. There's only one this time and he does his job right, but not good enough to keep the spam out.

~

Final conclusion; this server is great if you prefer to play alone. If you want a friendly community, find some other server because this one has no friendly community at all. Unless you are friends with them.

Lore

Quote from: Rekenber on Jul 16, 2008, 12:21 AM
First of all, Rhapsody-RO is a server made by the same person as Cake RO.

There is one improvement that I have to admit; the GMs and Moderators.

GMs are active and I almost always see them on. However, they would rather prefer to talk with friends then actually try to help people. Sometimes, they would completely ignore me unless I start to spam "Excuse me GM." Then I get a warning not to spam. That's not right.

The biggest improvement is the Forum Moderator. There's only one this time and he does his job right, but not good enough to keep the spam out.

~

Final conclusion; this server is great if you prefer to play alone. If you want a friendly community, find some other server because this one has no friendly community at all. Unless you are friends with them.

I completely agree with you. The server is very closed off from new players. They only want to talk with and socialize with their friends from the last server.

The GM's, while they are on top of things and are a pretty sharp bunch, are always talking with their friends, and tend to ignore you if you have a question. You can try to interrupt their conversations, but they'll be noticeably pissed.

Community is down the drain. They either don't want to say anything or will bash you. GM's are only nice when they aren't talking to their other buddies.

Forums aren't even worth talking about; they are completely unmoderated and are filled with spam