Ragnarok Revolution

Started by Tis Common Sense, Mar 29, 2009, 04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tis Common Sense

Disclaimer: This is an honest review of the server “Ragnarok Revolution”, and my feelings/opinions towards this server are not due to any of the following: Being banned, not donating, not being good, or not being “popular” on the server. In other words, this review is by no means an act of retaliation towards the server. As I said, this is just an honest review about what I experienced whilst playing on the server Ragnarok Revolution.

I have played on this server for eight months, and during the time I spent on the server I found out that it had many flaws.

First off, the head GM of the server is unfair and is immature. He also thinks that he can follow up bad reviews of his server with a list of reasons why that person who wrote the review got a bad impression. I’m sure that this review will also be followed up with such a post from him, which will just prove my point. I don’t see how you can tell someone that what they experienced was wrong, and that there is perfect explanation for why their experience was a bad one. The head GM also favors players, while disliking others and making it known. People that he has a grudge against may get banned for a few days with no explanation as to why they were banned. As for the players that he favors, they are “secretly” given MvP cards and the like. The head GM also un-banned someone just because the player “apologized on the forums...”. I’m pretty sure that it probably had something to do with the GM favoring this player, because this is the only case I know of where someone was given the special privilege of re-gaining a banned account. I don’t know about you, but I think that’s unfair to the other players who got their accounts banned. These other players were never given such a chance. The head GM also doesn’t like helping people by answering their questions (not very good GM material…). His excuse for this is that he is always so busy, with multiple sites tabbed on the internet… How about you don’t log onto you’re GM character and sit down in main town just to go AFK and scan the net whilst appearing online? If you’re busy on the internet, then why don’t you just do whatever it is you’re doing while you’re logged off so that people don’t think you are just ignoring them? That’s not even a valid excuse anyway, because there have been multiple times where he was walking around and talking. Yet, people’s questions were still ignored, even though he was clearly there.  Sometimes I would PM him to ask a question and he would just log off…what is you’re excuse for that? I have been on many servers where the GMs will log on and actually be there to help and support the players. So yeah, the head GM of the server “Ragnarok Revolution” is extremely incompetent, and it makes having fun on the server a pain.

As if having a terrible head GM wasn’t bad enough, Ragnarok Revolution’s donation items are extremely over priced. It costs 50$ USD to purchase a “good” item in the donation shop, and that’s it…one thing. 50$ to buy only one item that is not even that good, this is a low rate server after all, so the equipment isn’t "God-like". The item “Lord Kaho Horns”, which can be found in the item search, is 50$ to buy. Now I know that is ridiculous, because I have seen many servers where this item is obtainable via a custom quest. And here, it’s going to cost you 50 dollars for an un-slotted headgear. On a few servers I have played, you can get any where from 3-4 “God-like” items for the price it costs to get one on Ragnarok Revolution. If you were to buy 3-4 “good” items on Ragnarok Revolution, you can expect to be paying about 200$ + for them. There are other items for sale in the donation shop that aren’t as pricey, but they are not even worth buying, So yeah, the donation shop items are terribly over priced, it’s a huge rip-off. They aren’t worth what the head GM has them priced as.

The community is mediocre at best, there are many people who take the game too seriously, and come off as obsessed losers. There are friendly people, but the mix of people who play just for fun and people who make the game their life, just adds too much drama to the server. WoE is ok, not the best I’ve seen, but it’s alright. The economy isn’t too stable, most items are way too over-priced on a regular basis. There are rarely any events worth attending, the most common is “dice wars”, which I find quite boring, and in my opinion, is just used as an excuse for an event.

If you haven’t noticed, the worst problems that this server suffers from are due to the head GM. Not all problems are due to the head GM’s incompetence, but most are. Many other people on this server would agree with me, but not all.

So, if you are looking for a server that lacks decent GM management that is ran by an incompetent, immature, and un-fair head GM, try out Rgnarok Revoltuion. Also, if you like the lack of  “fun” events, and have deep pockets for over-priced donation items, then maybe you will get a much better experience from this server than I did. But really, there are countless servers that have satisfied me far more than this server ever could. Try it out if you want, but I personally did not like this server at all, mostly due to the head GM.

(P.S. Kisuka, I would appreciate it if you don’t try to under-mind me by replying to this review with a list of explanations of how everything I said is false and can be explained. As I sated at the very beginning of this review, “This is an honest review of the server Ragnarok Revolution…”, and my described experience is just that; honest. Doing so will simply prove what I included in my review, and I will take it as an insult and a sign of disrespect. Thank you.)

In addition to using completely unacceptable langauge, you also chose to harass other users through the personal message system.

If you continue such action you will be banned.

Kisuka

So I don't get the right to defend myself or my server? Wow, talk about fair. I do not believe me replying "makes your review truth", if anything it allows me to say the TRUTH about your "review".

So let's get to it...

1) I am not unfair, nor am I immature. I may be one of the fairest GM's you ever meet. I don't give out items, zeny, or anything else. I stick to strict guidelines when running RRO (been running it since 2004).

2) When I say someone is wrong, its a high chance that they are, most of the time I get people bashing me or RRO and claiming they know what they are talking about when really they don't know a thing and just go on rumors.

3) I DO NOT FAVOR PLAYERS!! I HAVE NEVER GIVEN OUT ITEMS OR CARDS OR ZENY OR ANYTHING TO PLAYERS!!! AND I NEVER WILL!!

4) I unban people who I see have served their time (at least 1 to 3 months if they apologize and promise to never do what they did again (if they do, they are perma-banned), why do I do this you ask? Because I'm fair, and I know people love RRO so why should they not be able to play it if they promise to not break rules?), the player who got unbanned who I think you are referring to was banned for a reason I didn't think was fair.

5) Ok, first let's take a look at who I am and what I do:
     a) eAthena (RO Emulator) Script/DB Developer.
     b) Janus (game engine/can be used to run RO2) Developer.
     c) Creator/Head GM/Webmaster/Forum Mod/Etc of Ragnarok Revolution and Revolution Revolution 2.
     d) Founder of a social networking website that has over 3,500+ members.
     e) I have a life (talking with friends, chatting with others on IM, school, etc)

Now, do you think I can reply to everyone in-game while doing all of the following above? No, and that's why we have a 'Contact Us' form on the website, so that you can submit your support question and I would reply to it when I got time (later in the night, I reply to all emails from the form every night).  Proof: http://www.ragnarokrevolution.com/support/contact.html

I log out from time to time because of the following jobs posted above, I can't be logged on all the time, and most the time I'm busy testing things on RRO on the GM maps so that you and other servers can enjoy the updates from official RO.

6) Donations are just that; Donations. The items are "over priced" because I don't see it fair for players to be able to "become the best" by buying their way into it. If your donating, your donating to support RRO, not get your character godly stats or skills. We do NOT allow players to buy god items because they are quest items, why should they have to donate for them? Also it would be pretty stupid to "sale" god items as a donation item because of their high stats. Most of the cash shop items are from iRO/other official ROs, and have the same price as they do on the official servers.

7) The community is what it is, the GMs have no control over how a community is, that is up to the players themselves.

8) What RO server has a good economy? Surely not the official servers nor most of the private servers.

9) We don't host events every week or day like some servers because: 1) they are events, they are meant to be special and not happen often. 2) I do not like GM hosted events, I like scripted ones better (thats why RRO scripts events that happen on iRO and add them to RRO on the same day/week they are happening on the official servers). GM hosted events get really messy and hard to control if there are too many people.

10) I don't feel that I'm the problem, the main problem I see if the drama the players cause and the rumors they make of me which seem to not have any proof or facts what so ever. I do a lot not only for RRO, but also for the whole RO server community (eA dev, like I said). I have worked hard since 2004 to make RRO a great server, and I don't plan on stopping now.

11) RRO does not lack GM involvement, we just don't see the need to get involved with player affairs/issues that are not a "big issue", small fights or drama will not be dealt with by us. You can always get help/support/answers from the GM team by contacting them with the contact us form on the site (http://www.ragnarokrevolution.com/support/contact.html), you can also check the FAQ, as well as the forums. (Do iRO or official server GMs ever reply in game? No, they say use the contact form, because it's easier to manage).

Well, that's about it. By replying to this review I did not "make it true", in fact I put facts/answers to most of your review statements which were false/not very accurate. I have the right to defend my name, server, and myself included. Replying do your "review" doesn't make your "statements" true.

Btw, how does me defending my server under-mind YOU?

PS: I find it funny how you say all this bad stuff about me when I haven't even been majorly active online/in-game on RRO. I been trying to stay away from the drama of the players who keep making stuff up about me so that it won't cause more of a problem/get more dramatic.

Tis Common Sense

Quote from: Kisuka on Mar 30, 2009, 01:06 PM
So I don't get the right to defend myself or my server? Wow, talk about fair. I do not believe me replying "makes your review truth", if anything it allows me to say the TRUTH about your "review".

Kisuka...you just replied to my review with a list of reasons trying to convince other readers that everything i wrote is false. Which makes no sense because there is no way you could possibly know what my experience was like. You're telling me that my described experience is false, umm, thats kind of retarded. What else you could you possibly be trying to say by doing that? So yeah, you pretty much did help me prove my point that this review is true because you did just as I expected: followed up my review about my experience with a list of reasons about how im wrong.

1) I am not unfair, nor am I immature. I may be one of the fairest GM's you ever meet.

Umm, yes you are unfair, but more immature. Haha, I've met many GMs who are no where near as incompetent as you are, and are much more fair.

2) When I say someone is wrong, its a high chance that they are, most of the time I get people bashing me or RRO and claiming they know what they are talking about when really they don't know a thing and just go on rumors.

Umm, thanks for including the proof about how you tell people that they dont know what they're talking about. Going off rumors? Well, I am a player who knows what goes on within the server...hence me writing this review...

c) Creator/Head GM/Webmaster/Forum Mod/Etc of Ragnarok Revolution and Revolution Revolution 2.
     e) I have a live (talking with friends, chatting with others on IM, school, etc)

Now, do you think I can reply to everyone in-game while doing all of the following above? No, and that's why we have a 'Contact Us' form on the website, so that you can submit your support question and I would reply to it when I got time (later in the night, I reply to all emails from the form every night).  Proof: http://www.ragnarokrevolution.com/support/contact.html

I log out from time to time because of the following jobs posted above, I can't be logged on all the time, and most the time I'm busy testing things on RRO on the GM maps so that you and other servers can enjoy the updates from official RO.

Ok,cool you have a life, me too ;D

My point was, if you're so busy doing all of this, why dont you just do it while you are logged off of you're GM char so people dont get the illusion of being ignored?

And there have been many times where I would PM you just as you finished talking to Shia and then you would just log off, obviously you saw my PM...but whatever.

6) Donations are just that; Donations. The items are "over priced" because I don't see it fair for players to be able to "become the best" by buying their way into it. If your donating, your donating to support RRO, not get your character godly stats or skills. We do NOT allow players to buy god items because they are quest items, why should they have to donate for them? Also it would be pretty stupid to "sale" god items as a donation item because of their high stats. Most of the cash shop items are from iRO/other official ROs, and have the same price as they do on the official servers.

I never said that you should have "god-like" items for sale, i meant that on many other servers its possible to buy 3-4 "God-like" itmes for the price it takes to buy one mediocre item on You're server.

7) The community is what it is, the GMs have no control over how a community is, that is up to the players themselves.

8) What RO server has a good economy? Surely not the official servers nor most of the private servers.

What is the purpose of this entry? All I did was rate the community and the economy, never did I say "only Ragnarok Revolution has a bad community and economy."

Well, that's about it. By replying to this review I did not "make it true", in fact I put facts/answers to most of your review statements which were false/not very accurate. I have the right to defend my name, server, and myself included. Replying do your "review" doesn't make your "statements" true.

Man, you really misread the majority of my review. Never did I say you would make my entire review true, I meant that you would prove that you think you can tell people that their own opinions are false, which you obviously do think. You are telling me that my "statements" are false, well these are not "statements", they are opinions which were derrived from my own personal experiences whilst  playing on you're server.

You are defending you're server by telling me and others that my own opinions are false. Thats how it under-minds ME.

I dont think I need proof for a review, Since when is a review not valid unless some proof is included? Jesus..its just a review about my experience on a server, not a crime report.

You want proof? Well, Kisuka just pretty much supplied it for me. I don't know about other people, but I get extremly irritated when somone tells me that I don't know what I'm talking about, ecspecially when it's somthing as simple and unimportant as a PC game. Believe what you will...I didn't write this review so that someone else can follow it up and basically try to rewrite it for me and make it theirs, while trying to convince readers it is false. Pathetic.

But hey, I wrote it so that you readers can read it and be informed, and like I said; believe what you whant ;D

brainstorm, the caps locked swear word in the beginning was why, also, it seemed like a massive trolling attempt

anyway, topic start will be getting additional punishment due to simply.... unacceptable behaviour

Descent

Quote from: JJJ on Mar 30, 2009, 06:36 PM
brainstorm, the caps locked swear word in the beginning was why, also, it seemed like a massive trolling attempt

anyway, topic start will be getting additional punishment due to simply.... unacceptable behaviour

Man, I miss all of the fun stuff lately.

Hope this thread becomes an example of how NOT to leave a review.

Holy Knight

I have to agree with This Common sence, that server does suck, so does Kisuka. i played it for awhile, and i didnt like it. i can relate to most of the things written about this server

Skoll

Ragnarok Revolution was the first private server I ever played. I played it for about 5 months, and I noticed alot bad things about it too. Since I was a "RO private server newbie", I didnt really realize that this server compared to others wasnt really too great. So yeah, I didnt like this server either...it gives off an evil vibe xD.

Oh yeah, the head GM, GM Kisuka, was kinda shadey too while I played there. As far as I can remember he wasnt all too great, kinda mean.
DoNt WorRy,Be HaPpY ;D

Yoda

Quote from: Tis Common Sense on Mar 30, 2009, 04:06 PM

Kisuka...you just replied to my review with a list of reasons trying to convince other readers that everything i wrote is false. Which makes no sense because there is no way you could possibly know what my experience was like. You're telling me that my described experience is false, umm, thats kind of retarded. What else you could you possibly be trying to say by doing that? So yeah, you pretty much did help me prove my point that this review is true because you did just as I expected: followed up my review about my experience with a list of reasons about how im wrong.

1) I am not unfair, nor am I immature. I may be one of the fairest GM's you ever meet.

Umm, yes you are unfair, but more immature. Haha, I've met many GMs who are no where near as incompetent as you are, and are much more fair.

Umm, thanks for including the proof about how you tell people that they dont know what they're talking about. Going off rumors? Well, I am a player who knows what goes on within the server...hence me writing this review...

e) I have a live (talking with friends, chatting with others on IM, school, etc)

Ok,cool you have a life, me too ;D

My point was, if you're so busy doing all of this, why dont you just do it while you are logged off of you're GM char so people dont get the illusion of being ignored?

And there have been many times where I would PM you just as you finished talking to Shia and then you would just log off, obviously you saw my PM...but whatever.

I never said that you should have "god-like" items for sale, i meant that on many other servers its possible to buy 3-4 "God-like" itmes for the price it takes to buy one mediocre item on You're server.

What is the purpose of this entry? All I did was rate the community and the economy, never did I say "only Ragnarok Revolution has a bad community and economy."

Man, you really misread the majority of my review. Never did I say you would make my entire review true, I meant that you would prove that you think you can tell people that their own opinions are false, which you obviously do think. You are telling me that my "statements" are false, well these are not "statements", they are opinions which were derrived from my own personal experiences whilst  playing on you're server.

You are defending you're server by telling me and others that my own opinions are false. Thats how it under-minds ME.

I dont think I need proof for a review, Since when is a review not valid unless some proof is included? Jesus..its just a review about my experience on a server, not a crime report.

You want proof? Well, Kisuka just pretty much supplied it for me. I don't know about other people, but I get extremly irritated when somone tells me that I don't know what I'm talking about, ecspecially when it's somthing as simple and unimportant as a PC game. Believe what you will...I didn't write this review so that someone else can follow it up and basically try to rewrite it for me and make it theirs, while trying to convince readers it is false. Pathetic.

But hey, I wrote it so that you readers can read it and be informed, and like I said; believe what you whant ;D

Your entire post seemed morelike an attempt at trolling and being a douche.  And basically what your response says is he CAN'T defend his server or say anything so outside players may see another side of the story so to speak.

Intro. Personal attack on the admin.  Everything in your review is unsubstantiated except for maybe the economy and community part.

2. You are the one sounding immature and unfair.  From the maturity and lack of ranting in his reply, I'd say Kisuka is more competent and mature than you.

5. Because if he did so whilst offline, then you would b**** about how hes never online.

6. He gave a valid explanation for the price of the donations.

Conclusion. Basically what you are saying is hi own opinion cannot be heard.  And in fact a majority of your review was not written as an opinion would be written.  They were written as statements, and they seemed as if you were stating the "opinions" as if they were fact.
“Foreplay, cuddling - a Jedi craves not these things”

hobbieman

Quote from: Yoda on Apr 26, 2009, 02:02 AM

Conclusion. Basically what you are saying is hi own opinion cannot be heard.  And in fact a majority of your review was not written as an opinion would be written.  They were written as statements, and they seemed as if you were stating the "opinions" as if they were fact.

I completely agree with this. You related what you experienced and then gave your opinion about it with assumptions on what you can derive from the situation. Basically, you didn't give an opinion on the server because you only considered your experience with the server and not the shared experiences of the people that you've met and because you were trying to give the server a bad reputation because of what you have experienced, but instead you gave statements that were taken directly from your personal experience in RRO (which, from what I see from the review, really sucked).

Kisuka gave a very factual reply to the review stating only facts, not straying away from your review and giving required proof and proper reason. I don't see how his reply would "prove your review as the truth" because he just explained what you were complaining about. It's his way of running the server, you have to be objective about what you want to say because reviews can be a basis for improvements in the server, not just a place to earn rankings in the RMS server list. If you're just gonna bash the server because you didn't like what you saw because it doesn't fit your preferences, then in my opinion you have no right to post a review if that will be the case. You sound something like this : "Hey, the server isn't that great because of (insert reasons here). I really don't like it because they should be (insert suggestion here)". Everyone has their own personal preferences and can review about them in the forums but if you're gonna state that Kisuka replying to the review will make it even more believable because he's going to defend his server, that's just being selfish and saying "I'm right, I dictate what makes a good server, and yours is bad because I don't like it."