MouRO

Started by TheD4edalus, Mar 13, 2008, 03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheD4edalus

MouRO is a low rate server. It has people. No GM's. Monsters. Not too much custom anything. Yaddayaddayadda.

Er. Wait. I'm supposed to entice you with this.

Well, maybe I should start by talking about one of the few things that really, REALLY, defines this server.

The @diff command. This nifty command allows you to do things like...create level 100 porings. Or  level 150 porings. It really depends on your level.

But it allows you to control the levels of all the mobs on whatever map you happen to be on. Nifty, no?

Another thing? This is definitely a party oriented server. By far the best I have ever played on. I've never seen full parties or parties so big in my RO career at all! (Not that my RO career is grand or anything. I mean...I've played for a long time, but I still suck hXc. :D)

Hmm. What else, what else...

OH! How about the revamped stat system?

Mm. Strength reduces ASPD? Increases weapon skill cast time? :o
Agi increases walk speed?
Vit reduces it?

Oi, with all these changes to stats, which can be found on the server's site.

I SMELL ALL KINDS OF NEW AND FUN BUILDS!

Flee is altered by the weight and refinement level of your equipment?

Seriously, the list of changes is nearly neverending, and this is most certainly the different RO experience you have been looking for.

I mean, sure, right now, we may not have many people...

But it's 'cause you haven't joined and gotten hooked yet. ;)

Go here, and start! http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=799&url_sname=MouRO
OHNOES!

FrEeDoMe

No Gamemasters? Who is running and paying the server?  ;)

Pandora

The almighty Skotlex!
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

TheD4edalus

Mmhm. 'The Almighty Skotlex'.

We need no gamemasters, really, as the players themselves help monitor a******. :D
OHNOES!

horo

those seem like stupid, not well thought out gimmicks. the @diff thing seems really abusable.

dook

naa it works pretty well, and @diff is alot of fun.

horo

I logged on and you can buy every mvp card, pretty cheaply too. well, I guess some people like that.

superja

note that most of the mvp cards have had massive nerfs. it's not as if a person can walk out of the mall completely untouchable.

Ansuz Isaz

=D Exactly. The customizations are amazingly well done. Megs, for example, give +20 STR, but with the vast amount of additional weight it has, and the lack of additional DEF/MDEF, it's burden on your weight compasity makes it a little more reasonable. Plus, the more strength your put in, the slower your attack is, that's to the mod, so it really helps make everything a little more even out. GTB only gives a suitable amount of MDEF, and so on. =P

The only thing I don't like is the after-affects of @diff. xD If a high leveled character went into a lower one, and upped the @diff, fought for a little, then leaves, when the lower leveled person goes in, they have to deal with the stronger monsters. Sure, you can lower the difficulty settings, but those harder monsters are still on the field. D=

It's also the least solo playing friendly server you can find. xD Being swarmed becomes a serious issue pretty quickly. Once you hit around level 80 - luckily, around the level where you start being useful in parties - if you try and solo, you'll often get swarmed by monsters with often irritating effects. xD Still, it's supposed to be a partying server, so that's not a serious issue. What at one point is irritating, now becomes an interesting challenge, so it works out in the end.

HuiJun

Are you guys playing ragnarok online? @_@

Quote from: Loki on Nov 11, 2008, 12:01 AM
You're one slick gal, JJJ.

TheD4edalus

Lol, yes, we are. o.o

The @diff command is nowhere near abusable, but nowhere near perfect.

And, yes, it's easy to get swarmed, because mobs assist other mobs. Like, a Lunatic will rush to a Poring's aid, etc.

And it's impossible to walk out of the mall untouchable. The mall is a blessing, if nothing else. Otherwise people would stand absolutely no chance, really. :o

Horo, why do you just seem angry? >_>
OHNOES!

bulbasteve

Quote from: horo on Mar 20, 2008, 02:35 PM
those seem like stupid, not well thought out gimmicks. the @diff thing seems really abusable.

What in particular seems gimmicky? To me it's stuff like you know adding new headgears and wings and junk that is a gimmick, and with no client modification we don't got that kind of stuff. I'm a bit scared of your answer since I'm sure a gimmick must be one of my suggestions! Cause really that is the brillance of the server more than anything, the sort of democratic notion goes beyond just not having GMs. If your idea, be it a simple class balancing thing or biggest new event, is well thought out and justified (and it's possible to do!) Skot will do it. And you know, it's Skotlex, there is little the guy can't do.

Now maybe you are misinterpreting what the diff system is, while you can have level 100 porings you can't have say a level 1 raydric (if that is what you mean by abusable!). If you set a hard map to a low diff you will have the stock mobs at their natural level but having a bunch of porings and stuff also on the map :)

Quote from: hanhuijun on Mar 22, 2008, 02:34 AM

Well Skot says we aren't....but I think he is giving himself too much credit :)

I think it's best to say it is "RO done right" (TM). You know if gravity actually gave the classes a semblance of balance or didn't make every single system make you tear your hair out (I'm looking you upgrading!).

Majora_younglink

I like this server a lot and I've played RO for quite a while. I must say other than lack of guild competition and players this server is awesome. Also, just reading about the server is different from playing it as most of the changes do seem odd or awkward from reading about them. I just love how this server makes everything useful in some way, even pets. And the @diff and random monster skills make the grinding a lot more eventful and challenging.

Leon.H

Quote from: hanhuijun on Mar 22, 2008, 02:34 AM
Agree.
Elegy Ro Project blog http://honoretimes.blogspot.com/

superja

QuoteAre you guys playing ragnarok online? @_@

I think MouRO is how Ragnarok Online WOULD be if Gravity did it for free and wasn't worrying about just trying to get more money out of players with endless grinding, but actually wanted players to love the game for the game, not "I lvl up more than you I pwnt you ph33r meh"