MoonlightRO

Started by Bellamy, Jul 08, 2011, 10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bellamy

If you're looking for a stable server, with a nice community and friendly, available game masters, with extraordinary class balance and fun events..
Don't play MoonlightRO.

The time I have spent on MoonlightRO can be described as 'confusing'. As in, I have no idea why I spent over 4 months playing this server, maybe it was because I had a few friends to talk to each day, but that was about it.

Stability/Availability

The server has lag spikes every 2-3 minutes or so, which the admin argues is because the characters are saving. He set the saves to every 5 minutes, yet it's cleary way more frequent than every 5 minutes. On top of that, I have yet to play a 'popular' server that has lag spikes as bad as this one. Although in the same regard, it is up mostly 95% of the time.

Community Friendliness

The community as a whole isn't the worst you'll find, but there is a clear elitist group of friends, including the admin and most of the GMs, and some players. Due to this group, often times, if you pay close attention you will see a good deal of corruption amongst them. One time, the admin and a GM(not at the same time though) told me I was hated by the whole server.. but what they failed to realize is that I was only hated by that elitist group of friends, as I had 10+ good friends on that server(doesn't sound like much? 10 is almost half the server). So the point I'm trying to make is, this is the type of server where you'll find the admin and his 'posse' running the community, and pretty much disregarding everyone else. I have nothing against the other parts of the community though, most of them can be quite fun, but if you want to play on this server for whatever reason(although I doubt you will by the end of this), stay away from that easily identified elitist group.

Game Masters/Admin

This is the absolute WORST part of the server. The Game Masters are rarely available, you might see 2 total on in a day, for possibly an hour or less. You'll also see Lunar(the admin) on a lot.. because he's AFK 90% of the time just sitting on the server. The GM hosted events here are almost completely a myth. I was a player, took PCs(the currency) out of my own pocket, and hosted more events than all of the GMs combined, multiplied by AT LEAST 10, AND I was criticized for it(I was told I was a wanna-be GM). Yet, all it took to really be a GM is to say "Welcome to the server!", and to be part of the aforementioned group of friends.

Now for the admin.. The main gripe I have with him is that he's not open to suggestions AT ALL. He claims he was an 'experienced PVPer' and that he knows more about PVP on his server than the players do (Tell me how ANY one man, server admin or not, can know more than the server as a whole). He wonders why the server population has dropped from 50+ to 25 or less.. yet the reason is clear to everyone else.

Here's a personal short-story that I think needs to be said for this section. Yesterday I was banned from this server, because I joined in a suggestion about long ranged resist(which is a huge problem here). At first I was nice about it, trying to make the admin see in the player's eyes. However, after awhile he told me to grow up(after rude remarks of why his server is perfect and the balance is completely fine, by him). So, I'm not gonna take crap like that from a server admin, and gave him 4 sentences of concentrated anger over the four months I spent in this hell. It's important to note this all happened just because we were suggesting things about a huge problem the server had in PVP.

Economy/Guild Competition/Class Balance

I think I've spoken enough about class balance, but I'll conclude it with this:

Are you looking for another server where Sins reign supreme, and ranged classes are left completely in the dust, even after a lot of community complaints?
Well then this is the right server for you. The reason they are the most dominant class and ranged classes are terrible is obvious, but the admin completely fails to acknowledge it.

The economy isn't so great, the currency is spread among that elitist group, and you will see that almost everyone else has no money(probably because of a huge lack of events that give any form of decent reward). There are only two clear ways to earn currency, but they're two of the most awful ways of a money system I could even fathom.

You're not gonna see much guild competition here, in PVP, maybe 1-2 guilds are completely dominant. In WoE, only two guilds actually fight each other. Not much to say about the guild competition.

Conclusion

In short, if you decide to spend your time here, you're most probably going to regret it in a month or two, maybe even as soon as a week.
The things that go on here 'behind the scenes' are just too much to bear for one person.
Thanks for reading.

Myteriouss

Lmao, really Joke Frost? You are the WORST player a Server owner could ever handle. No one likes you on the Game, you complained and QQ... about every little thing... There are a lot of GMs on and Yes I am on a lot and not just AFK, Im semi-afk doing things to the server. If you don't like it, leave.

But anyways, I don't wanna say anymore because I don't want to cause things. Thanks for your False QQ Review.

Like the Forums says, you're able to address your concerns and fullest review regarding a server. But really doesn't stop me from telling everyone how you are and warn other server owners of a player you really are.

Thanks!

Bellamy

Quote from: MoonlightRO on Jul 08, 2011, 02:27 PM
Lmao, really Joke Frost? You are the WORST player a Server owner could ever handle. No one likes you on the Game, you complained and QQ... about every little thing... There are a lot of GMs on and Yes I am on a lot and not just AFK, Im semi-afk doing things to the server. If you don't like it, leave.

But anyways, I don't wanna say anymore because I don't want to cause things. Thanks for your False QQ Review.

How did I know he'd say no one likes me..?
No Lunar, no one in your group of friends like me.. Do you know everyone that plays on your server? You barely know 10% of them.

I know I probably shouldn't respond to this but I just want to clarify that this is exactly how he responds to any negative review he gets, and it's all BS.

Myteriouss

Not really, you're just QQing of every little thing I did for the server. Sorry, but I've been through a lot and I don't need a player like you to bring me down. And no, Im not like this for every bad reviews, but only for biased ones.

SnowBunny

Quote from: Bellamy on Jul 08, 2011, 10:18 AM
If you're looking for a stable server, with a nice community and friendly, available game masters, with extraordinary class balance and fun events..
Come to MoonlightRO.

The time I have spent on MoonlightRO can be described as 'interesting'. As in, I have no idea why I spent over 4 months playing this server, maybe it was because I had a few friends to talk to each day, but that was about it.

Stability/Availability

The server has a character save every 9 minutes or so that we have backup just in case something happens to the server.  , which the admin argues is because the characters are saving. He set the saves to every 5 minutes, yet it's cleary way more frequent than every 5 minutes. On top of that, I have yet to play a 'popular' server that has lag spikes as bad as this one. Although in the same regard, it is up mostly 95% of the time.

Community Friendliness

We're all friendly.. We mix well.. we have kinky time and lemonade.. And occasionally Michie will distribute panties with his name on it.
The community as a whole isn't the worst you'll find, but there is a clear elitist group of friends, including the admin and most of the GMs, and some players. Due to this group, often times, if you pay close attention you will see a good deal of corruption amongst them. One time, the admin and a GM(not at the same time though) told me I was hated by the whole server.. but what they failed to realize is that I was only hated by that elitist group of friends, as I had 10+ good friends on that server(doesn't sound like much? 10 is almost half the server). So the point I'm trying to make is, this is the type of server where you'll find the admin and his 'posse' running the community, and pretty much disregarding everyone else. I have nothing against the other parts of the community though, most of them can be quite fun, but if you want to play on this server for whatever reason(although I doubt you will by the end of this), stay away from that easily identified elitist group.

Game Masters/Admin

This is the absolute WORST part of the server. The Game Masters are rarely available, you might see 2 total on in a day, for possibly an hour or less. You'll also see Lunar(the admin) on a lot.. because he's AFK 90% of the time just sitting on the server. The GM hosted events here are almost completely a myth. I was a player, took PCs(the currency) out of my own pocket, and hosted more events than all of the GMs combined, multiplied by AT LEAST 10, AND I was criticized for it(I was told I was a wanna-be GM). Yet, all it took to really be a GM is to say "Welcome to the server!", and to be part of the aforementioned group of friends.

Now for the admin.. The main gripe I have with him is that he's not open to suggestions AT ALL. He claims he was an 'experienced PVPer' and that he knows more about PVP on his server than the players do (Tell me how ANY one man, server admin or not, can know more than the server as a whole). He wonders why the server population has dropped from 50+ to 25 or less.. yet the reason is clear to everyone else.

Here's a personal short-story that I think needs to be said for this section. Yesterday I was banned from this server, because I joined in a suggestion about long ranged resist(which is a huge problem here). At first I was nice about it, trying to make the admin see in the player's eyes. However, after awhile he told me to grow up(after rude remarks of why his server is perfect and the balance is completely fine, by him). So, I'm not gonna take crap like that from a server admin, and gave him 4 sentences of concentrated anger over the four months I spent in this hell. It's important to note this all happened just because we were suggesting things about a huge problem the server had in PVP.

The GMs are always friendly.. They're always on but usually on @hide looking for bots and keeping the server safe. The admin takes time to balance the server a step at a time to keep the players happy.. The admin is a person too.. He has his IRL issues to deal with and yet he implements suggestions every now and then. :)

Economy/Guild Competition/Class Balance

I think I've spoken enough about class balance, but I'll conclude it with this:

Are you looking for another server where Sins reign supreme, and ranged classes are left completely in the dust, even after a lot of community complaints?
Well then this is the right server for you. The reason they are the most dominant class and ranged classes are terrible is obvious, but the admin completely fails to acknowledge it.

The economy isn't so great, the currency is spread among that elitist group, and you will see that almost everyone else has no money(probably because of a huge lack of events that give any form of decent reward). There are only two clear ways to earn currency, but they're two of the most awful ways of a money system I could even fathom.

You're not gonna see much guild competition here, in PVP, maybe 1-2 guilds are completely dominant. In WoE, only two guilds actually fight each other. Not much to say about the guild competition.

We're growing! Wanna join us? :D

Conclusion

In short, if you decide to spend your time here, you're most probably going to love it when you make friends, maybe even as soon as a week.
The things that go on here 'behind the scenes' are just too much to bear for one person.
Thanks for reading.

Here.. I corrected it for you.. =p

Look Adelie! Look! Stupid people! Stupid people everywhere!

Bellamy

Quote from: MoonlightRO on Jul 08, 2011, 02:38 PM
Not really, you're just QQing of every little thing I did for the server. Sorry, but I've been through a lot and I don't need a player like you to bring me down. And no, Im not like this for every bad reviews, but only for biased ones.

Every little thing you did for the server? Yeah, keep up the changes that no one is really arguing about and ignore everything that people do argue about.
I guess the GM events we see daily is also something you do for the server, what, did you reach 1 hosted event in the total of one month? I have hosted over 100 to help players that feel bored(and tell me that can't be true when you see 90% of the server just sitting in town talking each other, you don't need a Ragnarok Server to talk).

And biased? Are you kidding me..? It's my review.. it's IMPOSSIBLE to not be biased, as I'm giving MY opinion on it. Everyone's review is biased because it's THEIR opinion. That may have been the worst line I have ever heard.. biased reviews. I guess opinions aren't supposed to be opinionated.

Remember how you use to have over 50+ players a day? Look where that got you to.
And remember how I said this server will crash in a few months yesterday? Well I hope you like 5 or less players or day, cause that's where you're headed if you're going to treat all players like this(and I can tell you do.. as Paint started the suggestion and I joined in, you were just as much of an donkey to him as you were to me).

The main problem with this server is not the server itself, but Lunar and the GMs. The potential this server could have had is completely poured down the drain with this administration.

Kaede

Quoteextraordinary class balance
Pretty much extraordinary, since alot of skills are modified and as you said range resist.

QuoteThe time I have spent on MoonlightRO can be described as 'confusing'. As in, I have no idea why I spent over 4 months playing this server, maybe it was because I had a few friends to talk to each day, but that was about it.
No1 can help the fact you suck at PvP and don't even bother doing quests for pvp stuff.

QuoteThe server has lag spikes every 2-3 minutes or so, which the admin argues is because the characters are saving. He set the saves to every 5 minutes, yet it's cleary way more frequent than every 5 minutes. On top of that, I have yet to play a 'popular' server that has lag spikes as bad as this one. Although in the same regard, it is up mostly 95% of the time.
That's your face having spikes every 2-3 minutes or so, b'cos if I'm not having them means it's not the server.

Quoteelitist group of friends
Please, do name them, I honestly wonder who are these "elites".

Quoteclose attention you will see a good deal of corruption amongst them.
You sure like to spread bollocks. The whole GM team doesn't even have such commands as #itemlist or @item and the admin doesn't have legits as you said yourself if he logs he's mostly "afk", which actually means he's MIA ingame, but busy with something else.

Quote10 is almost half the server
Please, just b'cos that's half of the people online it doesn't mean it's half of the server, think more before saying things like that.
And also, please do name them.

Quoteyou'll find the admin and his 'posse' running the community, and pretty much disregarding everyone else.
You seem really "confused" there, you've said it yourself he's "afk 90%" of the time, thus he doesn't really talk much with ANYONE ingame, xept for answering random questions from players.

QuoteThe Game Masters are rarely available, you might see 2 total on in a day, for possibly an hour or less.
Two gms a day wouldn't be enough for you huh, not to mention Michie alone is atleast 5hrs online everyday and realize please there's such thing as timezones, until you're 24/7 nerd.

QuoteI was told I was a wanna-be GM
That's nothing more then a show-off lines. And that's common sense to call someone that, while he is spamming "FIND ME, FIND ME" the whole day on @main chat. Though, there seems to be no Event GM, probably b'cos there's a damn ton of things to do. I've been playing for 2 weeks and I'm still not done collecting all the stuff I'm gonna need.

Quoteaforementioned group of friends.
You sure got this stick stuck in your teeth, your "elitest" people ask questions or they just check the damn blog and wikia, instead of bugging constantly. But you're not so "elite" so you friggin' bug the whole Staff with "omg i got pwn mech vs mech THEY SOO OP" "damn I got pwnt by priest made one and got pwnt again, SOO OP"

QuoteThe main gripe I have with him is that he's not open to suggestions AT ALL.
If you'd pay more attention dumbfriggin'pieceofanimal, there's 56 suggestions implemented, 36 not implemented and 6 with maybe status. So what the fork are you talkin' bout?

Quotecan know more than the server as a whole
I'm gonna send that back at you. In any case, I've seen you play - you're complete and utter newblert, thus listening to your "TRUE BALANCE" suggestions is worthless as you gonna complain till you manage to abuse something and finally win.

QuoteHe wonders why the server population has dropped from 50+ to 25 or less..
He indeed wonders why do people go to school and work on mondays, since it was monday when you noticed such downfall, while sitting at home the whole day.

Quotelong ranged resist(which is a huge problem here).
Every proper PvPer realizes on every 4slotted SHR server that if he goes ranged class he needs to be sure to deal melee damage too. Here you even get a set of melee skills on every ranged/magic class.

Quotegave him 4 sentences of concentrated anger
You'll get banned for that on any server, that's nothing new and it pretty much makes your whole thread here useless, since this is a pure RAGEQUIT topic.

QuoteI think I've spoken enough about class balance, but I'll conclude it with this:

You've really spoken already ENOUGH about class balance. But yet sin reign supereme, I have no problems opposing them, means you suck. I've seen you play with over 6 classes you sucked with each one and really left them completely in the dust and really did alot of "community complaints" after that. Reason is obvious, indeed.

Ever thought of "elitest" group of people actually grinding for quest items and rare custom cards and selling them, thus keeping atleast somekind of economy up, while you just collect 2pc take a damn rest to hand out 5 mithril coins on your so called "FINDME"events?

There's tons of automated events, incase you're such event freak, there's literally 2 or 3 per hour.

Almost every decent player is in his own guild, there's no guild dominance, I'm telling you this. There'll be WoE changes, not to mention you and your guild didn't even take part.

Quoteno one in your group of friends like me.. Do you know everyone that plays on your server? You barely know 10% of them.
There's no such thing as a Lunar group. As well as there's no need for an Admin to know even 1% of the community, you're talking against yourself.

QuoteYeah, keep up the changes that no one is really arguing about and ignore everything that people do argue about.
Reading this made me say this : Hit yourself against a wall.

QuoteI have hosted over 100 to help players that feel bored(and tell me that can't be true when you see 90% of the server just sitting in town talking each other, you don't need a Ragnarok Server to talk).
Enough showing off, your events weren't even fun, nor no1's at fault yet again that you suck at pvp and have to sit at main town and do the boring talking.

QuoteAnd biased? Are you kidding me..? It's my review.. it's IMPOSSIBLE to not be biased, as I'm giving MY opinion on it. Everyone's review is biased because it's THEIR opinion. That may have been the worst line I have ever heard.. biased reviews. I guess opinions aren't supposed to be opinionated.
You got butthurt and now you're crying and raging at the same time, that's understandable.

QuoteThe main problem with this server is not the server itself, but Lunar and the GMs. The potential this server could have had is completely poured down the drain with this administration.
Realize that the server itself is made by the Staff and edit the post or something, else you sound extremely dumb.

Conclusion
You've quit the server in the most fugliest way possible, be proud.

Bellamy

Quote from: Kaede on Jul 08, 2011, 05:57 PM
Pretty much extraordinary, since alot of skills are modified and as you said range resist.
No1 can help the fact you suck at PvP and don't even bother doing quests for pvp stuff.
That's your face having spikes every 2-3 minutes or so, b'cos if I'm not having them means it's not the server.
Please, do name them, I honestly wonder who are these "elites".
You sure like to spread bollocks. The whole GM team doesn't even have such commands as #itemlist or @item and the admin doesn't have legits as you said yourself if he logs he's mostly "afk", which actually means he's MIA ingame, but busy with something else.
Please, just b'cos that's half of the people online it doesn't mean it's half of the server, think more before saying things like that.
And also, please do name them.
You seem really "confused" there, you've said it yourself he's "afk 90%" of the time, thus he doesn't really talk much with ANYONE ingame, xept for answering random questions from players.
Two gms a day wouldn't be enough for you huh, not to mention Michie alone is atleast 5hrs online everyday and realize please there's such thing as timezones, until you're 24/7 nerd.
That's nothing more then a show-off lines. And that's common sense to call someone that, while he is spamming "FIND ME, FIND ME" the whole day on @main chat. Though, there seems to be no Event GM, probably b'cos there's a damn ton of things to do. I've been playing for 2 weeks and I'm still not done collecting all the stuff I'm gonna need.
You sure got this stick stuck in your teeth, your "elitest" people ask questions or they just check the damn blog and wikia, instead of bugging constantly. But you're not so "elite" so you friggin' bug the whole Staff with "omg i got pwn mech vs mech THEY SOO OP" "damn I got pwnt by priest made one and got pwnt again, SOO OP"
If you'd pay more attention dumbfriggin'pieceofanimal, there's 56 suggestions implemented, 36 not implemented and 6 with maybe status. So what the fork are you talkin' bout?
I'm gonna send that back at you. In any case, I've seen you play - you're complete and utter newblert, thus listening to your "TRUE BALANCE" suggestions is worthless as you gonna complain till you manage to abuse something and finally win.
He indeed wonders why do people go to school and work on mondays, since it was monday when you noticed such downfall, while sitting at home the whole day.
Every proper PvPer realizes on every 4slotted SHR server that if he goes ranged class he needs to be sure to deal melee damage too. Here you even get a set of melee skills on every ranged/magic class.
You'll get banned for that on any server, that's nothing new and it pretty much makes your whole thread here useless, since this is a pure RAGEQUIT topic.
You've really spoken already ENOUGH about class balance. But yet sin reign supereme, I have no problems opposing them, means you suck. I've seen you play with over 6 classes you sucked with each one and really left them completely in the dust and really did alot of "community complaints" after that. Reason is obvious, indeed.

Ever thought of "elitest" group of people actually grinding for quest items and rare custom cards and selling them, thus keeping atleast somekind of economy up, while you just collect 2pc take a damn rest to hand out 5 mithril coins on your so called "FINDME"events?

There's tons of automated events, incase you're such event freak, there's literally 2 or 3 per hour.

Almost every decent player is in his own guild, there's no guild dominance, I'm telling you this. There'll be WoE changes, not to mention you and your guild didn't even take part.
There's no such thing as a Lunar group. As well as there's no need for an Admin to know even 1% of the community, you're talking against yourself.
Reading this made me say this : Hit yourself against a wall.
Enough showing off, your events weren't even fun, nor no1's at fault yet again that you suck at pvp and have to sit at main town and do the boring talking.
You got butthurt and now you're crying and raging at the same time, that's understandable.
Realize that the server itself is made by the Staff and edit the post or something, else you sound extremely dumb.

Conclusion
You've quit the server in the most fugliest way possible, be proud.

This is quite easily the stupidest thing I have ever read thus far.
I'm not gonna go through every line like you did because I don't see the freakin' point.

You said yourself you've been playing for 2 weeks.. but I can tell you have no clue what the hell you're talking about.
You've seen me play 6 characters..? I've only tried 4 or so? And I've rocked ALL of them?
Warlock was nerfed because I was too good with it, Minstrel was nerfed because I was too good with it, Priest hasn't been nerfed yet but I was definitely rocking priest(nearly invincible.. come on), and Genetic might as well be nerfed because when I did use it all I got were complaints.
The only times classes were nerfed was when one of the GMs(Phox) complained about me using that class
And now you're telling me I was bad and that's the reason I'm mad at the server? I wasn't gonna get into my PVPing but you pretty much forced it out.
You're reading what I'm saying but not comprehending it, you've been playing for a total of two weeks, but only that elitist group of friends I've mentioned have played for over 1 year+.. no one besides them I know could stick around the server, because it's absolutely horrid.
You'll see too, you'll quit very soon at one point if the server isn't down by then.

Also.. that corruption bit has nothing to do with legits and use @item, first of all, Lunar does use legits, but not often at all(it's seriously rare to see him on a legit.. and he tries to hide the fact of which legit is him but it's generally obvious when he DOES use one).
Second, I'm not talking in a PVP sense.. my whole first post was about the corruption.. I didn't say a word about @item.
This review isn't even mainly ABOUT PVP but you seemed to be hooked on arguing with me about.
I just said the class balance sucks.. that's not even a big part of this review.

mrmopsy

Wow... Do you guys even LOOK at what you're writing?  You're being complete a****** about this, when in fact, I agree that about 3/4 of the things he wrote in this article are completely true.

Sure, Lunar adds in new stuff and edits some old things, but do you really need a "sacred garment" or something to PVP?  No, you don't.  What you need when you pvp is basic gears and balance.  And, oh look! what do we have here? mechanics and suras running around doing 999,999dmg to everyone that doesn't have ranged resist or cant switch defense because of taos?  Clearly we have some priority issues that need to be addressed.  What Lunar is "adding" is stuff that no one actually needs, or gives a s*** about.  I feel that this problem is caused by the fact that, as Kaede said (you worked against your own argument), Lunar has no legit chars.  I've never even seen him even watching PvP on his GM character.  And then, in the end, he adds things he thinks players need while not listening to the actual players or even seeing what actually needs changing/nerfing.
In summary, Lunar has no clue what is actually going on in his server, and therefore the order of his priorities are completely screwed up.

As for the population, it is currently summer vacation.  If anything, it should have gone up.  I have no clue what you're talking about Kaede.  Last time I checked, 4/5 of people that play RO are still in school, and probably a majority of the people that play moonlight are in the US and Canada.

On the topic of range resist, every other SHR I have played has nerfed it.  I believe it is complete bulls*** that you can get full range resist and still have thara frogs on your shield.  Avoiding full resist of any kind is one of the main things an SHR should strive for.  The closer you get to 100% resist in something, the larger the reduction it has on the damage.  By going from 80% to 90% demi human or range resist, you can HALVE the damage being done to you.

And Kaede, what are you talking about? "Hit yourself against a wall"?  He makes complete sense to me.

@Bunny: What are you even talking about... He helps "balance" the server? When did he last help balance PvP?

Also, I would like to clarify my top paragraph after rereading it.  What is the main attraction of a 4 slot SHR?  Is it frilly garments or cursed shoes?  Is it lots of pretty headgears and wings?  Is it long quests and grinding?  No, obviously not.  The main attraction of a 4 slot SHR is without a doubt PVP.

Myteriouss

Only thing nerfed from warlock was Jack Frost.
Only thing Nerfed from Minstrels was what? Tarot Card? because of Coma?
Priest and Genetic are Fine classes.

@Paint, I love how you back up your good pal. And, this entire thread just turned into flaming, raging, and more QQ.

Edit:

OMG OMG OMG REALLY JACKFROST? REALLY?
QuoteI'm going to give you one chance and one chance only.
You ------ed with a crew member and you will not go unpunished.

I swear to you over the course of the next few weeks MoonlightRO, this forum, and the site will be attacked by our crew if you do not abide by the following orders, these are not requests.

*For changes, all we order is that Horn cards be reduced in in effectiveness from 35% to 25%.

*For account changes, all former bans in the past 1 month shall be lifted ONLY from the forums, not from the game itself.

We promise you will repent if these two are not changed.
You can reply to this PM but we will not be reading it.
You can ban this account but we will only come back stronger.
You have 1 day to make your decision, on Saturday, July 9th, 2011.
The sooner the better, comply to us and we can be a strong ally.
------ with us and we will be the most nightmarish enemy you could ever imagine.

Ganondorf

Wow, what a s*** this thread turned into.  As a player on this server for a while now, here are some things I'm going to note from a neutral point of view.

Server Stability:

- The lag can indeed be an issue at times, there are spikes every 3-4 minutes for me, however, I have always had lag spikes from the particular host in use in the past, so it could just be me.  That being said, it isn't consistent lag, and the time frames between the spikes remain smooth.

Community Friendliness:

- Every server has its a******, Pinoys and elitists, admittedly, we have a few cases of all.  Saying otherwise is simply being naive and not realistic.  However, there are multiple static players who help new players and provide the knowledge for those new players to adapt to the server's environment.

Game Masters:

- There was a period of time where what Joke stated was true, there were a few GMs that were selected a while ago that proved to be simply incompetent or inactive, and another with a pretty bad case of not being able to separate his PvP with his job as a GM.  These GMs have been dealt with, and the ones who remain do an extraordinary job  (GM Michie, GM Incarnate and GM Wish come to mind).

Admin Lunar:

- Although very stubborn, you can tell that he is one of the Admins who care about where their server is going.  He is very careful when making decisions regarding class balance so that changes he makes can be easily re-analysed if a change did not work out for the better of the server.  He is online every day, and if he isn't, he usually posts why on the forums, or has a chat up in-game as to what he's doing.

Guild Competition:

- It's very poor overall, there are only two guilds who fight it out in WoE seemingly.  However, the server seems to have a pretty decent history of multiple guilds in their reign.  Perhaps the fact that the Filipino population is back to school may be part of the reason for the dead WoE scene.

Economy:

- SHR servers don't really have one most of the time in my experience, nothing compared to say, a WoE-oriented MR server.  However, people sell some of the custom MvP cards and custom gear available through quests for pretty static prices, and generally don't go too far beyond the recommended prices.

Class Balance:

- To be honest, it's an element of the server that's stuck between a rock and a hard place due to 3rd jobs being available.  Although the skills are and nerfed/buffed to suit the server's mechanics, the subject of long-ranged resist will always generate heat among the community.  There is a means of gaining maxed long-ranged resist and a high amount of Demi-Human resist at the same time.  To compensate for this, Admin Lunar has given magic classes and ranged classes certain melee skills to pressure long-ranged resisters to switch gear so that they can use their magic/long-ranged attacks again.  As an avid Mage user on this server myself, I can say that this isn't exactly perfect as of yet (Snipers and a few other classes are still lacking a little), but Admin Lunar is taking steps in the right direction.

An Analysis of the Drama Storm Presented:

- Joke Frost (Bellamy) was an exceptionally helpful member of the community towards new players.  He DID do MORE events than all of the GMs for quite a stretch of time at an attempt to liven things up a bit during the dead times of the day.  He also helped other players with their builds and was quite generous with his wealth.  It's really a shame that things had to go a bit overboard here.

If Joke really did send that threat to Lunar... well, that's just f*** up, but oh well.  I won't get into things I'm not sure about.

My 2 cents.

- Ganon, Socrates~

Bellamy

Quote from: MoonlightRO on Jul 08, 2011, 07:32 PM
Only thing nerfed from warlock was Jack Frost.
Only thing Nerfed from Minstrels was what? Tarot Card? because of Coma?
Priest and Genetic are Fine classes.

@Paint, I love how you back up your good pal. And, this entire thread just turned into flaming, raging, and more QQ.

Edit:

OMG OMG OMG REALLY JACKFROST? REALLY?<br f*** pathetic Kid. Grow up.

What? I haven't done crap, so don't talk to me about that s***.
I'm banned, remember?
If I had a whole squad at my disposal ready to hack s***, I would've screwed with you ages ago, and left the server alone.
Although if you read it carefully it makes me look just as bad as it makes you look.
What a freakin' coincidence it was posted only a day after I was banned.

I'm not going to hack anyone over a ban, and I'm not even a 1337 hacker either so I wouldn't be able to do crap to a Ragnarok server.
Looks like you have a problem and I'm not the guy to go to for that crap.

mrmopsy

I'd like to note that I don't even KNOW who jack frost is and I don't think I've ever seen him in game. And also that I'm just presenting my honest opinion.  I'm sorry if I started flaming.  I REALLLLLYYY didn't mean to do that and I know I just look like a complete **** who yelled at you and doesn't want to get in trouble now. >_>

Myteriouss

@Bell, that threat all started off ever since you got banned. Sadly it was and it all started because you got banned. Because, guess what, you were the only person banned this month. (Of course bots were too, but you're an actual player).

@mrmopsy, you're entitled to whatever you like. As Soc's said, yes I am stubborn at times and I'll admit that. The changes I do may or may not work, but they can always be changed back to normal and improved. Obviously things newly implemented still have to go under testing and see what needs to be done.

For example, the new effect of the helm. I removed the 50% more damage for the walk and is no longer a hassle.

Anyways, that's enough from me.

Bellamy

Quote from: MoonlightRO on Jul 08, 2011, 10:55 PM
@Bell, that threat all started off ever since you got banned. Sadly it was and it all started because you got banned. Because, guess what, you were the only person banned this month. (Of course bots were too, but you're an actual player).

@mrmopsy, you're entitled to whatever you like. As Soc's said, yes I am stubborn at times and I'll admit that. The changes I do may or may not work, but they can always be changed back to normal and improved. Obviously things newly implemented still have to go under testing and see what needs to be done.

For example, the new effect of the helm. I removed the 50% more damage for the walk and is no longer a hassle.

Anyways, that's enough from me.

K, let me just get my million man strong hacking squad and see what happens.
You better watch out, we will destroy you. LMFAO, you are way stupider than I thought.
I have people ready to hack for me and I'm letting you decide what you do? You're kidding me, right?
If I really did have that ability I wouldn't even give you a choice. rofl.

But I know you're the most stubborn admin that ever walked the planet so I doubt you'd ever believe me, don't really care. I'm out too, have fun with your server that's going to burn down itself, due to you.