Light-RO Review

Started by piccin, May 07, 2020, 03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piccin

I already did a review in the main RMS website, but the character limit made me cut it way too short. Here goes my complete review of the server:

About the Server
I have been using RMS for years now to find a fun place to play and this time I decided to support a new server. Big mistake. The place is empty, the server description says the main language is english but all people talk there is Philly in both in-game and at Discord of the server. The server is always up and doesn't lag at all, the website is ok and the overall initial experience was nice until the before mentioned problems kicked in.

About the Community
Just a few people online and most of the experiences I had were horrible (aside from one or another player that was helpful in the first few days, the players that are online most of the time are rude, call you names in another idiom (google translate is a thing, but manners can't be taught). I'm a pvm player that joined the server with some friends and not only some players treat us badly, some use Abracadabra to spam monsters inside the city and bring the monster over your character for no reason when you're afk or just chilling in the city. That when they don't treat you friendly in english and call you names right after in their language, it's obnoxious.

Support and GM
All the times I tried to reach the gms for help (in game questions, server questions or server mechanics - like pets evolution for example), the GMs won't answer you and using Discord all I got was empty answers like the GMs don't care if the server is dying or not. It's a shame because I really enjoyed playing for the first 2 weeks doing auto-events and set quests.

About the Economy
Dead. The server has a Poring Coin currency (received for being online, some events and donation) that can be bought with Zeny and even donation items can be bought with those Poring Coins. There's no incentive to donate (and trust me, I really wanted to) since everything feels so abandoned; It doesn't even matter if you MVP farm or anything, the server is about PVP but gives no support against user abuse (playing with 2 accounts at the same time to pounce players on PVP arena and so on. Saving zeny to buy items to have fun is meaningless when the overall game experience is so awful.

Overall
It pains my heart to leave a negative review like this but I feel like I had too. I brought my close friends to have fun in a new server just to feel like it was a waste of time since the community is toxic and the GMs are never there. The last straw break was having my character killed multiple times inside the city just because some players feel like it's funny to be toxic and a server with no game mechanics / online staff to prevent that kind of action is unacceptable. I was never rude to anyone in the server for the entire time that I was there, all I have to say is, avoid Light-RO if your time is worth more than being harassed by non-english speaker players.