iHeart-RO

Started by SummerRain, Jul 27, 2012, 11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SummerRain

I'd like to expand upon my recent review in the player reviews at RMS for iHeart-RO.

I'll start with server stability.  Since I have been playing this server I've experienced absolutely no unscheduled or unannounced downtime.  Random crashes or restarts are few and far between - basically they never happen.  I've never had any issues with lag either. 
So for server stability and availability I give it a 10/10

Next is the server's community.  About 95% of the population are awesome people.  The players here are very welcoming to new people.  Within the first few hours I had made several friends and I was well on my way to learning the ropes of the server.  I could ask in town about how to do something, or where something was and there were immediate responses from players jumping to help.  I will extend a warning though to potential new players.  There are a few trolls on this server.  They like to talk crap and annoy other players and GMs.  I guess its like that on every server - always a few random bad seeds.  However, they do not outweigh all the good people here. 
I give the Community 8/10 (It would be 10/10 if not for a couple of people)

Moving on to the GM rating.  The staff here are excellent.  They are online often and all are very helpful and knowledgeable about the server and RO in general.  They are always quick to help new comers and older players alike.  When I first joined I was greeted warmly by a GM and then later one of the Admin's PM'd me personally to welcome me to the server.  The GMs are always holding events for players to earn tokens or bloody branches.  I feel reassured that they are online often as I did need lots of advice when I first joined. 
GM ratings - 10/10

Economy/Pvp-woe/Balance
The economy is fairly good for a high rate server.  Zeny isn't the main form of currency.  Many people trade fabrics, tokens, or bloody branches for cards, equipment, donation items.  However, there are always people buying and selling things.  The supply and demand of items and cards are good here. 
Economy - 8/10
WoE competition isn't bad, but could be better.  It typically comes down to 2 main guilds and their allies.  Both guilds are evenly matched so there's no domination by one very big strong guild.  Things seem pretty balanced and woe does get very heated at times and stays fast paced.
Guild Competition - 8/10
Class balance is almost perfect.  Its hard to balance out each class on a higher rate server especially however the staff have done an outstanding job.  There is not really one class that owns all.  Each class is easily countered by something else.  Once you learn the servers customs (mainly the valk sets and some quest/donation items) its really fun to try out builds and play around with the different classes. 
Class balance - 9/10

I'd like to point out a few more things that I liked about this server:
1.  They have a newbie package.  I love servers that start you out with a few items.  Not that I'm lazy - I just like things!
2.  Donations are balanced but are easily obtained in game.  I got most of mine from player trades and a few of the special admin events (The Chicken event)
3.  There is a transfer package if you bring your guild to the server.  I've not actually obtained anything from this as I didn't bring a guild or anything, however its is a nice bonus and the items seem beneficial to new people. 
4.  Customization.  I like the customs in this server.  One of their developers has added many cool features and cool maps.  Their main town is custom and well put together.  He has also made a helper NPC that's in the main town which will help you out by talking to it.  For example, you can ask her to id your items and all items you have will be identified.  You can ask for warps or other things.  I have never seen anything like that before coming to this server, plus I am easily amused.  /heh

So in conclusion, I give this server 8/10 overall.

Thank you all for taking the time to read my review of iHRO. 

~Summer