DocuboRO

Started by Mirisa, Jun 03, 2013, 01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirisa

Greetings,

I'm here to write a review for DocuboRO hoping that it would attract more people into the server. So if the review feels like an advertisement please reply and I'll remove the part related  /ok.

Introduction to myself
Since I believe it is important to at least know something about the reviewer  /kis

I'm a 20+ female thats been playing MMORPGs for quite some time (12+ years). I'm somewhat competitive but enjoys it only when the competition is friendly competition, else I will opt-out and go the social path.I played on iRO got to 99 and quit because of my studies. When I returned to MMO world, I mostly play anime themed games, with some exception (BoI, Aion, etc).  Over the years, I've been on quite a few number of servers but I find i like server that are not too big because I like it when everyone knows everyone else. Downside to this is, these server lost its "Umph" when core players left, leaving the server community dead. I've been in these situations a few times, but sometimes was not resolved enough to stick it out and wait for new players (or the Owner gave up before me).

Introduction to the server
Basic Information Rates/Location
Rates: Base 50x/Job 50x/Drop 25x which puts Docubo in Mid-rate bracket.
Max level: 99/70 No 3rd Job
Is Pre-renewal
Opening date: May 2013
From interviews with Docubo's support GM, my brother concluded the server is located in Germany though a friend logging in from Australia says she experience no lag, and I feel no lag too (China).
Server does not need donations, but has DocuboRO Coin set up purely obtained in-game (Easy to obtain).

How does it feel to get your first character to 99
Because I feel this is the most important stage when deciding on staying or leaving

Leveling
I must say, it felt boring. You wont find other people leveling with you due to the low population, but dual-logging is allowed (Other than WOE/Events you're allowed to dual triple or more logging) so you can leech your smithy, alche, or supernovices. Stat and skill resets costs DocuboRO Coins (dCo for this review's simplicity sake) its best to plan ahead when you level up. But in the end it's a 50x rate server, so leveling twice to 99 to get to max wont take that long, even I did it within a week.
/gg

Gears are a bit hard, but you can always buy it with dCo from other people. But with minimal gear max level is achieveable.

People along the way
Most of the time its dual clients, but on busy hours you will see people chatting! They wont mind you joining the conversation either if its appropriate. #main is available so you can chat server wide, but most of the time its pretty dead. Overall the people that are in the servers are all but one or two, helpful. If they have the resource and/or time, they will most likely help you.

Events
It says on the forums that currently EventGM is sick, so there aren't any outside the 2-hourly automated events that give out 5dCo everytime you win. There are also daily quests that gives cool/cute headgears along with dCo (I like, but not strong enough at the moment). WoE has not yet started due to the low number of guilds, but there is daily KoE or something, it feels like a mini WoE.

Costumization
It can build or break the server!

You can say the admins really love to make it less painful for players to grind! Even the teleporter heals and buffs you when you port out to the dungeons! Saving an extra click to the Healer. Dungeon portals are available, but not fields. Job changer, stat reset, platinum npc, rent are also available. Note that stat skill reset cost dCo (10 for skill or stat).

There are no donation, so theres no OP donation items to distribute and ruin balance, everyone can get everything with in-game effort.

Economy
Outside the 17 vendors, non-existant.

Got question?
Reply and I will answer ASAP

Conclusion
DocuboRO is new, but without the community it needs it risk of going down. Server settings are set to be mid-rate with some degree of difficulties with a lot of features to add to player's convenience. DocuboRO provide opportunities for new players that join to be the dominating force of the server.

[edit by Triper: no links!!]