AvrisRO - 10/10/5 -

Started by Authentic, Dec 18, 2011, 10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Authentic

AvrisRO - The Next Big LowRate

I doubt many have the patience, the time, or the interest in reading a wall of inflated BS, so I'll give it to you straight.

Nowadays, in the RO universe, there exists a innumerable population of LR players floating from each short-lived, uninspired server to the next, unsatisfied, unpleasantly displaced, and hungry for a server that is, to be frank, worth the f***ing time it takes to farm mats, get geared and finally see some of that crazy WoE action we haven't seen since...well. It's been awhile.

I believe the wait is over.

AvrisRO opened on December 10, 2011 - 8 days ago, from the time of this writing. At opening, the server boasted almost ~230 players on at the same time; unheard of for a LR in 2011. Avris comes at a very good time; several other LRs have died out in the last two months or so, resulting in an influx of players rushing in to get a head start. Several WoE guilds have publicized their intention to participate, provoking even more guilds to join and take advantage of the opportunity to start fresh. Very soon, guild packages will be made available to interested guilds to encourage new competition and facilitate the often times annoying process of transitioning to a new server. Save for a tiny bit of lag at peak times and the resignation of an Admin who's original intention was simply to aid in the server's launch the staff seems committed, friendly, competent and excited for everything that is to come, and I have full confidence in their ability to expand their GM team, orchestrate events that are fun and exciting, and run what may very well be the next big Low Rate server. What makes me so confident?

Server:

Stability/Availability: I've only been playing for as long as the server has been up, but so far there have been just a few connection problems. Tomorrow, an update is scheduled that will fix these issues, though. There is a tiny bit of lag that lasts for afew seconds during peak times, but I'm assuming the update scheduled for monday (tomorrow) will address these issues.

Community:
Friendliness: The AvrisRO community seems to be made up of refugees from several of the LRs that have recently kicked the bucket. This makes for an interesting mix of players flocking to Avris is droves and big groups of friends. With the exception of a few 7 year olds refusing to shut the f*** up in @main, the community seems promising - talkative, friendly and racing to trans and getting geared in preparation for WoE, which is on the way. Do not be disillusioned by low population numbers at off times. I believe a lot of the players come from around the same time zone, so at off hours the populations may seem low, but you've really gotta give it a chance and stick around till the peak hours.

Gamemasters:
My take: It might be a bit too early to judge the GMs just yet on their performance since the server has only been up for a week, but in my honest opinion, they seem competent enough. Coming from a server where the GMs started out fairly involved and then grew horribly inactive, I know what poor management looks like, and I'd say the GMs at Avris know what their doing. They're committed to making AvrisRO the best server out now, and they're doing their best through speedy updates, unprecedented transparency and surprising activity. It always seems like there's someone online to help.

Gameplay:
The great thing about AvrisRO is that it manages to maintain the feeling of accomplishment that comes with with LRs while not completely forcing players to spend hours wasting time doing BS they've done a million times through the use of helpful custom NPCs. There is also a custom party dungeon and a guild PK system in the works (PK on for guild's registered as antagonists!)
Rates
10x Base/10x Job/5x Drops/MVP Cards 1x

Features
Healer, Skill Resetter, Stat Resetter, Job Changer, Platinum Skill NPC, Town Warper, Dungeon Warper, Card Remover, Automated Events, Custom Maps, Custom Drop Rates
New warping system, party quest dungeons, hat disguiser

Guild Competition: This is AvrisROs main selling point imo. Big name guilds are coming to AvrisRO, and there are already 7-8 decently-sized WoE oriented one's gearing up and getting ready for competitive WoE. WoE times and BG supplies in WoE are still being discussed, but with the introduction of guild packages and word spreading about the servers potential, it's only a matter of time before AvrisRO comes out on top as the LR server with the best WoE competition.

tl;dr version: AvrisRO has a lot of potential to be the next best LR  because of its competent staff, it's quickly growing player base, it's emphasis on WoE competition and its attractive combination of rates/time-saving npc's. You should really give AvrisRO a try if you're looking for a fun LR server that hasn't already been running for 2 years+ (aka too difficult to break into competition), boasts challenging but not too grindy features and who's population is constantly on the rise. Hurry and join today to get a head start before the wave of new guilds come in!

*This review will be updated as time goes on*

EDIT: 222 players online on 12/20/2011 and GROWING

Join AvrisRO today!
How to register: http://www.avrisro.com/?module=account&action=create

lfserver

Stability/Availability - Lags, script re-loads, disconnects. This server has an issue with that, but we'll see what's going to happen after today's update.

Community - Depends. There are some a-holes, and normal chaps.

Gamemasters aka they are never around - so far so not good. they take forever to actually repair something or answer a simple question. 2 of them left yesterday, and I think they might close the business in the nearest future.

Gameplay - still a lot of different things are not working / are not working correctly.

tl;dr version - you can join but it might disappear in the next few weeks.

Authentic

Usagimimi

Only thing I'll say is, on opening, there was 230 online max (that is, the peak since December 10th), and of those, there were several quadruple/triple/double-clients open. "Unique" isn't exactly the right word here. I'd say there was 150-160 non-dual clienters at launch, which still isn't too bad of a number - only, the server hasn't seen 200+ since the launch date, and now there's 20 vendors planted in town (at all times generally) and still people dual/triple-clienting, and yet, even with that, the server lurks around 150-170 - 90-130 which may be "real" players. Again, still not a terrible number, since those are unique connections, but definitely not 250. Never had 250, unique or not. Also, Harmony has a bad nick of banning people left and right after disconnections/server downs, and it's equally as frustrating to players as it is to Gosu who unbans them manually.

Considering aRO acquired that amount without voting / RMS (initially) is very, very good.

Will also comment that Gosu does the most work, Cupcake isn't allowed to do events until Gosu puts in a security system for @item (which is probably low on priority, since there are bugs and other things, such as moving the server (if it hasn't been done already) to attend to), and Agnus has a bad, unprofessional Public Relations attitude. The latter two are also rather full of themselves. Same team from Vast, Rebound, Sativa, Phoenix - not sure if Cupcake was part of that, but Poki/Gosu/Agnus were, and how all those initially-successful servers ended is obvious by doing an RMS search here.

If they get the Party Dungeon System working - it's scripted, but rewards haven't been decided on / made out yet - then there lies some hope, but the opening was rather rushed and unfortunately, I feel that the remaining staff - except Gosu, who I don't know much about - do not know how to run an LR, as from their prior servers, it's apparent at least Agnus has MR experience, but that in itself failed, too, on vRO/rRO/sRO/pRO. A lot of players are discontent, from what I've read / was told, about being promised certain features and then not having them available at launch. Hopefully this will be regulated and balanced to an LR extent, and OP items won't be re-introduced as a possibility in the reward system. Others may relate.

That is all I have to say really.

Poki

I was actually never part of Vast, Sativa, and Phoenix.  ReboundRO was the only one that I started with but left before the opening because of a really, really, really bad incident.  Just saying, haha!

MjaoZor

I did write a answer to everything the first post had put in which were pure bs sadly..
Now im gonna make it a bit short but I warn people who intend or is concidering to play there not to read this or atleast take things with a pinch of salt as everything is fixable and this was how it looked when I left things may change <3
the server boasted almost 250 unique players on at the same time
There was people using up to 5 clients me myself were using 3..
staff seems
committed,

Spoiler

After Poki left Kana got fed up aswell and I dont blame her She have been online pretty much every single day handle everything from people being 3 years old on main to server events facebook events I have seen her online 10 times more then so called Cupcake so that Kana left I can understand.
Even after she leaves Agnus calls her unactive..
Time stamp 11 pm yesterday

Time Stamp today at 9 pm..

Note that they have a EVENT GM who during the one week of opening has done 3 events (1 event 3 rounds) Of guess the number.. guess between 1300-1500 Answer 1337 And 2 other rounds were the same.. That's what the Event GM has done since server opend 10 days ago..
[close]
Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler

Statement is untrue as even Gosu has had to login twice to fix mistakes from Agnus such  as
[close]
friendly,
Spoiler
[close]
competent
Spoiler
As for this I dont find it competent when people doesnt even know what they are saying and are NOT talking to each other
[close]
Spoiler
And then we have the famous fixing list going around the forum
(Note for people joining you may get lucky and warp in to some places without doing the quest)
[close]
Server: 
Stability/Availability:

Spoiler

[close]
Community:
Friendliness
Spoiler
80% of the players are veteran trolls anyone with eyes can read this there.
[close]
Gamemasters: Think above says it all
Features Which doesnt exist
Spoiler

Card Remover, Automated Events, Custom Maps, New warping system, party quest dungeons, hat disguiser.
[close]
potential to be the next best LR  because of its competent staff, it's quickly growing player base
Spoiler
Half the staff has left the server and looking on stat's as moscovia now looks like this Note both instant spawns <3

And  with 30 autotraders.. you may get a new person here and there but people are leaving..

Now remember what I said everything is is possible to fix and some day this server maybe great but as for now please dont lie >:
[close]

Strudel

Lol I love that conversation between gosu, poki and the other guy. Those kinds of discussions are supposed to be held in msn, or private chat somewhere else with no prying eyes.. -_-
Sounds like a likely reason for Poki to leave, seriously.. who in their right mind would put slotted sunnies <_<

lol @ afk homunculus levelers.. how many are those? 20? 30? I didn't count..

MjaoZor

Quote from: Strudel on Dec 19, 2011, 08:51 PM
Lol I love that conversation between gosu, poki and the other guy.
Sounds like a likely reason for Poki to leave, seriously.. who in their right mind would put slotted sunnies <_<

First donation list had 5 OCA's for 5 dollars on it xD I belive Slotted sunnies would have been the least of this server problems after that.. Cards there are 0.05 but you were supose to be able to buy 5 for 5$ and the Admins couldnt decide for themself what was OP and not so they made a pull for players to answer <3

-*Removed OCAs from Lucky Box
*Increased stat food prices.
*Removed flying evilwing [1](SP + 120) and added Rune Cloth Circlet
  • -

On the Afkers 10 Alchemists were in the same party ( prob same person) Then a few here and there not to mention that they were spread out all over the lower spawn aswell.

I will edit in something else who make me kinda disappointed aswell under Comitted I belive I shall place it.

Strudel

Figured that they'd be all over the map since that's not the only insta respawn position in the map..
5oca for 5$ that's a good deal for the server, terrible for the community though. most of the cards are crap anyways.. all the good ones are inside mystic card album

Chemical Crush

I don't care if most cards are crap, cards shouldn't be in the donar shop regardless.

I lol'd to myself with your post, Mjao.  I can't believe they said that Kat was inactive when she was holding events and talking to people on the forums all the time.  At least she was professional instead of being a total -insertnamehere- and cursing at players through the shoutbox. 

I didn't play for long after I saw the infest of trolls, and not even the amusing ones, flooding the server.  Sadly thats what most RO servers are.  Yeah, its amusing how Gosu/Poki/Agnus just had no idea about the slotted mids.  xD  Oh well. 

Don't know anything about cupcake or w/e her name is really, but she doesn't seem too bright from what i've read.  But again, I can't say much.  But after I saw that Poki and Kat had left I uninstalled Avris myself, they were the only respectable GMs there. ( again dunno much about cupcake ).

MjaoZor

Quote from: Chemical Crush on Dec 19, 2011, 09:33 PM
I don't care if most cards are crap, cards shouldn't be in the donar shop regardless.

I lol'd to myself with your post, Mjao.  I can't believe they said that Kat was inactive when she was holding events and talking to people on the forums all the time.  At least she was professional instead of being a total -insertnamehere- and cursing at players through the shoutbox. 

I didn't play for long after I saw the infest of trolls, and not even the amusing ones, flooding the server.  Sadly thats what most RO servers are.  Yeah, its amusing how Gosu/Poki/Agnus just had no idea about the slotted mids.  xD  Oh well. 

Don't know anything about cupcake or w/e her name is really, but she doesn't seem too bright from what i've read.  But again, I can't say much.  But after I saw that Poki and Kat had left I uninstalled Avris myself, they were the only respectable GMs there. ( again dunno much about cupcake ).

I did so aswell although I love Gosu and do wish him the best of luck.. If I ever had a problem with anything he always did his best to fix it.. Agnus saying 1m to go into Ra_sanc it was worth trying Do I want to waste 1m when I have to wait for 49 more.. No.. I couldn't do the cursed spirit quest there was a script error on it once again Gosu fixed it.. I would show you the picture if it wernt for the fact that I made a Siggy Calling Cupcake-> Crapcake Ip+ BANHAMMER lol oh well worth it as Ive never seen a crappier GM We will see what happens~

Edit: I made a small parting gift for everyone saying Kat was unactive (sorry for not including you pokiwooh~)
Note that Cupcake is Event GM, Kat is global mod, Gosu/Agnus Admins.
Spoiler

[close]

Cawliflower

Nicely said, Yusifer.

Poki, you always conduct yourself very well and professional. You seem to be a great leader. The server lost a great component.

The server started large, but these events will only be its demise, in my opinion. Weakness from the staff and foundation of the server this early on is bad publicity.

Just my opinion.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

DivinityRO 6.9 coming soon!

Usagimimi

Quote from: Poki on Dec 19, 2011, 04:20 PM
I was actually never part of Vast, Sativa, and Phoenix.  ReboundRO was the only one that I started with but left before the opening because of a really, really, really bad incident.  Just saying, haha!

Oh :[ I just meant that they were part of some, not all, maybe all of the listed. I knew you were on Rebound; wasn't sure about the others, but I know Agnus was on Sativa and Phoenix for sure /insert-screenie-here-at-will, and Cupcake was affiliated in some way.

Regardless, Kat wasn't meant to be an in-game GM, but she did it anyway. She also wasn't supposed to hold events, but she did. Her job was to provide LR input, answer questions, and organize the board. Some may see it as an easy position, but it's like working at a call centre and having to deal with not-so-nice customers (and some nice ones) in a polite way. Definitely did it better than Agnus.

Gosu is definitely good at what he does, and Poki's an amiable person overall. As Cawliflower said, to see inner conflict already within the founding staff so soon into the server, well, not very reassuring.

And won't even go into more detail on other somewhat-crazy proposed donations. Mjao pretty much summed everything up except for the exclusive Flying Evil Wing [1], which was initially going to be available for 25$ (along with the rest of the donation headgear, ranging from 15-25$) Greed

Cawliflower

Quote from: Yusifer on Dec 19, 2011, 10:49 PM
Oh :[ I just meant that they were part of some, not all, maybe all of the listed. I knew you were on Rebound; wasn't sure about the others, but I know Agnus was on Sativa and Phoenix for sure /insert-screenie-here-at-will, and Cupcake was affiliated in some way.

Regardless, Kat wasn't meant to be an in-game GM, but she did it anyway. She also wasn't supposed to hold events, but she did. Her job was to provide LR input, answer questions, and organize the board. Some may see it as an easy position, but it's like working at a call centre and having to deal with not-so-nice customers (and some nice ones) in a polite way. Definitely did it better than Agnus.

Gosu is definitely good at what he does, and Poki's an amiable person overall. As Cawliflower said, to see inner conflict already within the founding staff so soon into the server, well, not very reassuring.

And won't even go into more detail on other somewhat-crazy proposed donations. Mjao pretty much summed everything up except for the exclusive Flying Evil Wing [1], which was initially going to be available for 25$ (along with the rest of the donation headgear, ranging from 15-25$) Greed
That's no good, at all. Over powered/priced donations only show more weakness. This is because it looks like one of two things:
Door A - You're trying to make a profit which isn't what running a server should be about.
AND/OR.
Door B - You have no idea of what economy breaking custom items will do for the economy in the future. As time passes, these kinds of things take a toll. I'm sure players don't want to spend 50 million zeny on a Large Jellopy (while exaggerated, you get the point).
Yusifer, if you play my server... I'll sell you an Ahura Mazdah for 5$...

but wait... there's moar~
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

DivinityRO 6.9 coming soon!

Usagimimi

Definitely.

And if it wasn't obvious already, 'was speaking in third person earlier...

"Activity Log 10th-17th"

I was online opening day, the next day (Sunday), Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Forum? Everyday. The only reason I wasn't in-game on Monday/Wednesday was due to a conflicting work schedule (07:00-23:00 I was out of the house.)

Facebook? All the aRO updates were mine.

Triper would be able to attest to my in-game activity, too, as he received support from me in less than 10sec after @request'ing it.
[close]

"Arrogance"

And yet, even though I wasn't even supposed to be in-game, I spent a good five hours in that week alone doing in-game support. That's not including forum posts / events / tech support / Facebook / whatever.
[close]

"pRO"

Unfortunately, did not take one of the Sativa post for some event system (if I remember correctly.)
[close]

On another note, I Kat was against the leech timer, slotted mids, >15$ donation headgear, slotting normally not-slotted headgear, etc.

I really enjoy Poki's attitude and character on message boards. Always polite and straight-forward, but not brutal.

Very pleasant. Hopefully if you have the time, Poki, you'll work on something else.