AnthemRO

Started by BomberWill, Nov 10, 2008, 10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zone

It's my original server as well, up until recently, I've kept coming back.
However, this time around, I will not be able to return.

zapbomb

Quote from: Dr House on Jan 24, 2009, 12:44 AM
Here's an update on the server for those who care, they've killed their own forums with kiddie rules. They've temp banned several players for bringing up (although gross) not so bad topics. Not like any was posted pr0n or anything but apparently about ten kids play on that server and its now monitored.

The rules were enforced to make the forums more acceptable to players of all ages. After all its a game forum not 4chan.
Also, oh yeah the forums not dead as you claim.

while (!asleep()) sheep++;

AceJay

Quote from: BomberWill on Jan 24, 2009, 08:14 PMAceJay you nub come back to aRO ;<
And have someone press charges against me? No thanks.

Quote from: Xeighter on Jan 24, 2009, 09:24 PM
AnimaRO is back?
That was my first server!
Mine too--Yes and no. AnthemRO is the same server in terms of character data, rates, and (mostly) the same gameplay and features as Anima, (of course with the latest (ep12?) updates) though the staff is almost 100% gone and is now comprised of some b**** and some cool people that all used to be players, and sadly Debbie passed away. After that there was a TON of drama at Anima, and Black Talon decided to kind of do something strange and (semi) corrupt but uh not really. He basically took like 300 of Anima's players and started TalonRO, which is basically the same as the old Anima plus the latest updates, and eAthena lol.

After that it all went to hell and the GMs became evil :>

Also, depending on when you registered on Anima, your account and characters will most likely be on TalonRO.

zapbomb

AceJay....the GMs of AnthemRO are not evil..or corrupt. That was AnimaRO.

AnthemRO =/= AnimaRO

TalonRO = AnimaRO /heh (Just kidding)

You should come back and check it out for yourself and yeah we are Aegis episode 12.1(currently in transition).

Denia

Quote from: AceJay on Jan 26, 2009, 07:30 PM
Quote from: BomberWill on Jan 24, 2009, 08:14 PMAceJay you nub come back to aRO ;<
And have someone press charges against me? No thanks.

Quote from: Xeighter on Jan 24, 2009, 09:24 PM
AnimaRO is back?
That was my first server!
Mine too--Yes and no. AnthemRO is the same server in terms of character data, rates, and (mostly) the same gameplay and features as Anima, (of course with the latest (ep12?) updates) though the staff is almost 100% gone and is now comprised of some b**** and some cool people that all used to be players, and sadly Debbie passed away. After that there was a TON of drama at Anima, and Black Talon decided to kind of do something strange and (semi) corrupt but uh not really. He basically took like 300 of Anima's players and started TalonRO, which is basically the same as the old Anima plus the latest updates, and eAthena lol.

After that it all went to hell and the GMs became evil :>

Also, depending on when you registered on Anima, your account and characters will most likely be on TalonRO.

You mean evil because we banned you, several times for posting hentai on our forums? You mean evil, because one of the staff members had to report you to your ISP for hentai and not stopping once we banned you the first couple times? While it was a harsh move IMO, it seemed to be the only thing that stopped you from continuously ban evading and spamming our forums with "GMS = Fags" and hentai/lolicon.

Take responsibility for your actions for once AceJay. You did those things, and there were consequences. It's just like running a red stop light. The first few times, sure you may not get caught, or the policeman will let you off. But do it too many times and you'll get caught and have to face up to the consequences.

AceJay

more like modsequalsfags etc etc

I sure as hell did post those things, and I'm not denying, nor have I ever. And on the bright side, I realized that if you reported me at home I would likely not continue to have the internet and would most definitely have some kind of charges against me. If you guys said that it was CP, well then I wouldn't be here right now. Thanks for that, honestly. As an alternative you could have simply blocked my IP ranges, since I don't care enough to bother with a proxy.

Also, not really, Varis has always been evil :)
And honestly, disregarding the staff, I personally think it went way downhill as Anthem, minus a couple points.

Oh and zap, I didn't say the Anthem GMs were corrupt. I don't think they are. In fact, it's probably one of the best-moderated servers out there. I just mentioned BT's thing. Turning it into Gaia/Roblox moderation may be taking it too far though haha.

Anyway Denia I thought you were cool what happened :'(

GM-Ymir

I don't know why people are trying to say AnthemRO and AnimaRO have no connection what so ever. Well wake up and smell the roses, they do and most of the GM's from AnimaRO from AnthemRO. Not to mention many of the corruption situations on AnimaRO which were continually denied, even when a specific GM started dropping Kaho horns and MVP cards in Prontera.

What I'm getting at is, AnthemRO is the successor to AnimaRO, and many of the faults have not been fixed let alone the staff issue.
Come visit my server at (www.Ymir-RO.net)

Zone

Quote from: GM-Ymir on Jan 27, 2009, 04:06 AM
I don't know why people are trying to say AnthemRO and AnimaRO have no connection what so ever. Well wake up and smell the roses, they do and most of the GM's from AnimaRO from AnthemRO. Not to mention many of the corruption situations on AnimaRO which were continually denied, even when a specific GM started dropping Kaho horns and MVP cards in Prontera.

What I'm getting at is, AnthemRO is the successor to AnimaRO, and many of the faults have not been fixed let alone the staff issue.
Ymir, you are completely wrong there.
I know all the staff, I have been a part of staff.
Anima was under Harken's and Debbie's ruling, not Talis's.

Denia

1. Talis was hired on during the whole TalonRO split, however was not a part of the Debbie era.
2. Calbee was the one who allegedly dropped all the items. I say allegedly because it was his IP that did it, however it was all recovered by some of the newer staff which was hired on during that area.
3. There are only 2 remaining from the "animaro" era so to speak.
4. The rest of the staff is completely new and hired on during the AnthemRO era, less some of the moderators. Those moderators are not even really active any longer, unless you count Varis. But they have no say in game what so ever.

I think what you're hugely missing as well though, is the fact that it is a new owner. IRL, in most companies, when a new owner takes over, things do in fact change. I don't think it's quite fair for anyone to judge right off the bat that things are exactly the same way, when they haven't played or even tried out Anthem since old Debbie days.

I'm not even denying that I used to be on an "animaRO staff." However, that was even during Harken era, when everything was under his control, and his will.

Speaking from personal experience though, he scares me >_>;

Again though, as I say when I tell any player this, because it is coming from my mouth, as a former staff member, most likely, you won't believe me. I am on the side of the "enemy." But perhaps consider this, how come there haven't been any more "corruption" like there used to be in the olden days? When corruption was spouted left and right about claims of botting/favoritism and junk? While I wasn't on staff while that happened, I am neither going to acknowledge or deny. I never saw it first hand myself.

But I was there during the time when the TalonRO split happened and MVP cards and items were dropped by a very disgruntled staff member.  But I was also there to help pick up the pieces during the aftermath of the whole ordeal. So what I can tell you is, the things that took place thereafter, less any personal details.

Denia

I was just talking about former staff. And yes, I did ban you several times.

You just wouldn't listen to our rules and just kept trying to bend the rules for yourself -_-; No, means no Elements. Stop, means stop. You can't keep harassing someone and then trying to get them in trouble for "harassing your girlfriend" on MSN who doesn't even tell the "harasser" to stop messaging her, but rather indulges him and eggs him on in the conversation.

MSN != RO Jurisdiction
AIM != RO Jurisdiction

However, in game, forums, and IRC are. Which, was where you continued to harass this player over and over. I mean really, you guys harassed each other. All I did was say, you guys need to stop doing this. If either of you continue and it IS on our grounds, you will get banned for it. And you decided to do it anyways.

As for you being there, like I said above:

"Personally, I cannot confirm or deny, since I wasn't around in staff during those times to say anything. And as a player, I was ignorant to any of those things happening."

I only confirm, what I do know happened first hand. Not what I hear from word of mouth.

i have to ask why such a thing is still being talked about even long after its fall

zapbomb

The way I see it, some people donated, broke the rules, got banned and now bash the server for no reason whatsoever because they expected not to be banned because they donated. Yup that pretty much sums it up.

ADDFurret

Bahaha, you want to talk trash about servers? because I can name a pretty darn few of yours. Don't talk s*** about this server if you don't know a THING about it. This is AnthemRO, Not AnimaRO. The GMs never Denied the fact another one of their staffs went rogue and decided to drop extremely valuable items in Prontera. Maybe the fact that some people don't see the connection between AnimaRO to AnthemRO is because AnthemRO has improved greatly.

So Want to hear about my review of your server? Because I got a lot to say about that <3 Hole =D

Quote from: You on Jan 27, 2009, 07:29 PM
Why is this thread still open

Because it is not dead?

Denia

I'm not Joule :( But thanks Serenity. I actually think of it as a compliment that you think that I am XD;;;

Edit:

Okay now, back to all seriousness, Serenity is correct. People will believe what they want to believe. No matter what either sides say, that truth shall remain. If someone wants to turn a blind eye to the truth, that's what they will do.

And even though this was good feedback for us, sadly, it always turns out this way and will probably just get worse :/

I just wish it wouldn't turn out this way when Anthem does get good feedback. Because not all good feedback means that the player is friends with a GM or is the GM himself/herself. :|

One thing is apparent though, in the past year(?) that Anthem has been open, the staff which come and go, none have left in such a manner which you'd see occasionally on AnimaRO (spawn/toss items/pissed off announcements broadcasts in game/forum take over/angry angry angry posts etc). So maybe Anthem is doing something right for once. Either that, or the staff members are secretly assassins killing off the GMs once they leave staff since AnthemRO staff members are gangster like that.

sigh okay, everyone just relax with the topic and all okay? X.x
this is old old old news, can't we just let it die?