AnthemRO

Started by Windstar, Oct 13, 2008, 03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windstar

I've been playing this server for over around almost 2 years now. When I first joined, I met a lot of wonderful players. Players that didn't care what level you were. Always there with a helping hand, making parties to go MvP, etc. yes the server can be unbalanced at times, but every server can be unbalanced too. I went through a lot of ups and downs, and even met a lot of wonderful people, whom some I met in real life, which are so friendly too. Because AnthemRO is so crowded with people, anyone will be willing to help you out anytime. Some people complain about how exspensive things are, or how you have to donate to get items. You don't have to donate to get items if you don't want to lol. But donating also helps the server grow, helping the costs of how much the server needs to be run. So all I'm saying is with all those rants about AnthemRO, I suggest you to stop and think for a while before accusing the server. Actually enter the game and play. It really isn't as bad as you think it is.
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Megaman1222

I played AnthemRO for a few months, then I got scammed out of all my money and some items.. I thought the deal might be too good to be true so I made sure to take lots of screen shots so the problem could be fixed if needed. here's a list of support proceedings so far:
2-25-08: first send in scam report
3-21-08: updated to make sure it wasnt overlooked
6-23-08: complained about how long it was taking
8-29-08: GM forward it to "GM Denia"
Nothing since then...

You'd think after donating over $60 to the server they'd want to help me out as fast as possible, but no..

Think I can get a refund? I mean I thought I was donating to a server with quick support, if I dontated to the  United Negro College Fund and they gave my money to a white student I could demand a refund right? ..LOL!

Hutchy

Quote from: Megaman1222 on Oct 14, 2008, 09:36 AM
I played AnthemRO for a few months, then I got scammed out of all my money and some items.. I thought the deal might be too good to be true so I made sure to take lots of screen shots so the problem could be fixed if needed. here's a list of support proceedings so far:
Nothing since then...

You'd think after donating over $60 to the server they'd want to help me out as fast as possible, but no..

Think I can get a refund? I mean I thought I was donating to a server with quick support, if I dontated to the  United Negro College Fund and they gave my money to a white student I could demand a refund right? ..LOL!

People with donates shouldn't get any higher priority than people who don't. That's what balance is.

Descent

Quote from: Megaman1222 on Oct 14, 2008, 09:36 AM
Nothing since then...

yC, JJJ, PoW, and other mods: I apologize for the flame that is about to commence, but I HATE reading absolute garbage like this...

What the hell, pal. Do you think because you donated to a server you should get "special" treament? I have news for you: If my players need support, they get it in the order they posted their problems, donator or not. News flash, retard: NOBODY CARES HOW MUCH YOU DONATED TO A SERVER. 60 bucks? Yeah, okay, Denia is going to drop everything because you donated to their server. Sure. Because that's how private servers work, right?

You obviously aren't very smart if you got scammed, either. MANY servers have a clause saying that YOU, yes YOU, Mister Donator, are RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACCOUNT.

Let me type this so your pea-sized brain can understand it.

U R RESPONSIBUL 4 UR ACCT U NOOB!!11!! roflololomgnoob

YOU are the cancer that currently infests private servers, and people like you make me sick. Screw up, blame the world, and then claim that because you donated, you're obviously first priority. If you were an Admin, you'd want to smack players who make the very same post and use the same idiotic mentality you do.

Do us all a favour: Smack yourself, and hard, until you grow some common sense.

DeePee

Support tickets are taking long because there's too many stupid players lending our their gears or giving our their password.

As for the server...I stop by sometimes, but sadly the lag is unbearable when you are used to so much better (on any other server, at similar hosting locations). Unfortunately there's also not much to do...no challenge. There are no quests (or barely any), the MVP's are a joke (you can icewall trap them, rendering them completely useless. Newer ones do teleport, but are missing a lot of skills, making them way easy).

It does have nifty extra features like the browser item delivery and some nice eA-like tricks in the client such as !showexp and dyes. And yeah, you don't have to donate at all to get rich. I got rich on it before and didn't donate a dime. You just gotta find out how the economy works, then it's pretty easy to earn some good money.

Pandora

Donator or not, poor judgment with potential scamming situation or not, an unanswered ticket since FEBRUARY? o_O; that's a hell long time.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

DeePee

Item tracking can take...a lot of time =[
A single ticket can take up to several hours to solve.

Also, the longer it takes, the more complicated they get, obviously.

Descent

Quote from: Pandora on Oct 14, 2008, 01:47 PM
Donator or not, poor judgment with potential scamming situation or not, an unanswered ticket since FEBRUARY? o_O; that's a hell long time.

It IS long, but if they clearly state in their rules that your account is your own responsiblity, the guy's ticket should be thrown out upon receipt.

I haven't looked at their site to confirm, but I also have to agree with DeePee. Especially if items go through numerous trades, looking at a trade log will make your eyes cross.

Kasumi

Lol, look at mine:

Ticket Submitted: 2008-05-03 17:57:33

Ticket Answered: 2008-09-24 19:05:05

By the time my ticket was answered, I stopped playing there.

For my other tickets, it took about 1-2 months each. But hey, they're busy.

Denia

It's true, it does take a long time to get through tickets. That's our fault, we only have 2 high GMs who are able to do recoveries. The reason for this is because only the high GMs can spawn items, and retrieve items from other player's accounts, and adequately refund others for what they purchased said item for without disrupting the in game economy.

Talis is currently working on a feature to assist with recoveries, where we do not have to continue to log in, log out, log in, log out of accounts. Which will also assist the High GMs (namely me) while at work so that even while at work, I can work on tickets and have the items confiscated and returned to the rightful owner without logging in game (and thus getting my head chopped off by my boss).

He is also coding all our new things along with our Aegis guys.  I am assisting in overseeing all beta and anything that these guys need.

A mistake we had noticed from the previous GMs, was that when you trust too many people, they tend to do, not so good things. Such as spawn items for themselves. Due to confidentiality reasons, I am not going to name them. However, it was a problem of the past - When I received my GM account, which previously belonged to another GM, I noticed a lot of suspicious activity had been going on in it. I had checked all my logs and they proved my suspicions to be true.

Because of this, we are trying to rectify it. I am being cautious in who is selected and what powers they have if at all. There are many steps I have taken, one of which is also doing GM reviews. Reviewing all their tickets, along with GMing activity, and assisting them and critiquing them so that they become more knowledgeable and are better to assist the players. And hopefully, one day assist in high GMing/recoveries.

Personally, I do not wish to have a recovery clause at all. I believe that players should be aware and be responsible for his or her own accounts and items. Because of item recovery due to carelessness (and account recovery), it pushes other players, who legitimately had their items scammed, and forces them to wait longer. (In trades where another tried to trick/scam). I also understand though, that it is very hard to prove those, and again, it might be basis for "biased-ness" or "favoritism" in the other player's eyes. Why recover that person who got scammed, when I gave out my items and trusted someone else? I also got scammed!

Excuses aside, it is fully my responsibility as head high GM to be accountable for the entire team's (along with my own) shortcomings. My apologies.

PS. I would love to respond to those reviews on our review thing, but I reformatted my computer and an old GM who is no longer with us, was the one that managed that -_-;

Pandora

Quote from: Denia on Oct 14, 2008, 02:52 PM
I believe that players should be aware and be responsible for his or her own accounts and items.
Agreed, players act more responsibly too when they know that their items may be lost if they are not careful with whom they trust. But there is an issue of consistence if you retrieve items before you can't stop doing it over night and drop all past unanswered tickets, that kind of change needs to be properly announced in advance.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Denia

I agree with that statement, however, it's not up to me to decide on if we offer or revoke the privilege of item recovery, but rather, the server owner's (And that's why it most likely, won't change).  What makes me disheartened though, is because not only are we enabling the players by doing item recoveries, thus making them think that they do not have to be accountable for their own items/accounts/characters.  They then begin to believe that it is a RIGHT and not a privilege. 

I believe that's where things go wrong.  And on another note, a lot of our players (and I'm sure your players as well) are young kids.  I don't believe it is a good thing to enable at them and allow them to believe that they can be irresponsible like this and someone else, will do the dirty work and clean it up for them.

Ayu

I believe that part of what the thread starter demanded is a 'reply' regardless if the GMs are doing the item recovery or not. If they do, then say "we're working on it" or give a date if possible (I know that's hard though...). If they don't, which is fine because servers have different policies and I personally agree that it should be a player responsibility, then at least say that "sorry we can't retrieve your item because <blah>". That way, players know that their ticket is read and know what to do, instead of sitting idle waiting for half a year...

Just, at least reply regardless of retrieving the item or not.