AnimaRO a low quality server in disguise?

Started by Senor, Oct 22, 2006, 08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emeralda

The situation is a bit similiar to the one of old EuphRO from what I have just read here: http://ratemyserver.net/forum/index.php/topic,375.0.html and the link posted there: http://returnersro.wikispaces.com/Meltdown.

And indeed, as slayertr noticed, Euphro is sponsored with the money animaRO receives from people's 'donations' (note the ' ' as they are now donations only by name, check the dictionary to know why).

paladin181

Quote from: Emmie on Dec 26, 2006, 11:22 AM
   The situation is a bit similiar to the one of old EuphRO from what I have just read here: http://ratemyserver.net/forum/index.php/topic,375.0.html and the link posted there: http://returnersro.wikispaces.com/Meltdown.

And indeed, as slayertr noticed, Euphro is sponsored with the money animaRO receives from people's 'donations' (note the ' ' as they are now donations only by name, check the dictionary to know why).

Meh. if people donate just to buy stuff in game, they're missing the point of a server anyway. I feel that making a shop was a stupid move on behalf of the GM team.

Emeralda

Quote from: paladin181 on Dec 26, 2006, 11:48 AM
Quote from: Emmie on Dec 26, 2006, 11:22 AM

Meh. if people donate just to buy stuff in game, they're missing the point of a server anyway. I feel that making a shop was a stupid move on behalf of the GM team.

The whole idea of buying +stat and godly items is stiupid as it creates great imbalance in my opinion. That's not what Gravity intended when creating RO. With all those items I can safely assume that even though the rates are low it is not a low rate server. At least it's played like one with at least medium ones. And sadly, even though I didn't donate at all, I got a full set of mvp gears and a pair of nice kahos (I was also close to an SQI) cause as every player I felt the urge to be better and better. And ofcourse I never stood a chance against donators. Even such Azrial who, lets not hide it, was a bit noobish when I was already a Pally, donated helluva lot of money and managed to get nice set of SQIs in a short period of time. I wouldn't mind donations so much if they didn't create such imbalance and divideed the community into non-donators who 'fail' and donators who 'pwn'... whathever.

Abel Vox

Colonel, Garm_baby, and Lord_knight flamed AquaticRO's Rate my server board as well and they dont even play here <_<;
they did it right after i posted about the EuphRO wiki :/

slayertr

Quote from: Abel Vox on Dec 26, 2006, 12:15 PM
Colonel, Garm_baby, and Lord_knight flamed AquaticRO's Rate my server board as well and they dont even play here <_<;
they did it right after i posted about the EuphRO wiki :/
i highly suspect they are the same person just look at the firs post of this page:

Tao Gunka Card.. 17 Dollars
Doppelganger Card.. 27 Dollars

and look at the this comment about animaro:(note that tao card just got implemented to donation)

Lord_Knight   
Played this server for 9 months. 2006-12-26
Horrible, don't go here. Broken donation system (Tao Gunko for 17 dollars) money hoarding transexual admin. Corrupt GMs. 90% of the population is bots. Don't go here. 
See Detailed Rating  Rating: 10  Report This Comment  Comment #2

There are two possibilities:
1)Both these guys continue to read animaro forums/site despite of the fact that they hate it more than anything else in the world(very low probability)
2)Those accounts are used by same person to increase popularity of his own server and thrash talk about others...3X EFFICIENCY!!!(and just reads animaro forums/site to find weakness and attack by using it)

Emeralda

Could someone give me a link to where they post this? I can't find that topic...

paladin181

In the server review section. Not on the forums.

Lu Bu

Those who knows nothing, can understand nothing.

People said the same s*** about euphRO, I saw some interesting s*** when the server went down.  Now it's back up and it's being sponsored by Anima.

AnimaRO best reflects any real world society, it is a business, and a damn good one at that...almost as good as my EXTREME LEECHING SERVICES, but not as extreme =P.  Still it's a private server thru and thru, of course there will be GM favortism, who do you think runs the place?

Look, I don't have EXTREME love for Anima but so long as I can do the "playing" part for free, I will show you what it's all about pwning people with Sqis.  Because I am the mighty Lu Bu.

But ya, don't invest on something you are just gonna be unhappy with, I know I am not entirely happy with Anima, but at least it's free and I get to tease my lesser /b/rothers.

Remember, Anima is free to play, not free to pwn, and there will be no pwning unless you have either invested money/time, ad fraud, or just plain EXTREME.  So long as they can provide that reasonably (like no more s*** events that will lag the s*** out of everyone) then I am convinced.

Look outside the box, the game isn't all woe and pvp.  (Although it is for me)

Emeralda

Quote from: Lu Bu on Dec 26, 2006, 01:09 PM
Remember, Anima is free to play, not free to pwn, and there will be no pwning unless you have either invested money/time, ad fraud

I totally agree on that part, meeeeow =^.^=

Lu Bu

Of course, people always agree with me, I am Lu Bu.

But ya, thats Anima in a nutshell.

Emeralda

By the way, I have totally no idea who you are. You are some newbie or so to the server that I've never heard of you?

Lu Bu

Me? I've always existed, so long as theres the internets, I am there.

Eh, well I played Anima at March, quit because the bastards failed to supply me with gameplay (The tech support did s*** to solve my sakray problem).  I came back during November and figure'd eh, I will give a shot, it worked and  in 1 month's time I've got mostly everything short of SQIs.  Hey wheres the ad frauding guilds so I don't have to work? =P

Previously I played on iRO Sakray, I am really powerful there too.  The hidden element of RO, raw skills.

(And not get too involved with GM s***)

Now that I've mildly entertained myself with the s***, allow me one more boast on my way out.

If you know me, chances are I've wasted too much time.

slayertr

Again, I wish to know the IP's of these three if at all possible. ._.
ip can only be checked by mods/admins but i dont think they read or/and care about this post...if they did,they should lock topic becouse of needless flame war which i found myself in...
Looks like we've got our first new set of fanatical fanboys ourselves. /wrist.
i agree...
You three, if you're seriously trying to flub up the new Euph, you're starting off on a very good foot. I implore you to stop flaming competing servers, as it will lead you to no where on our server. D:<
my primary objective is not to engage with your server but to defeat 'funboys'...

Emeralda

kikyouinthenuts

Quote from: kikyouinthenuts on Dec 26, 2006, 02:46 AM
in the end with all my farmed gears and zeny i became one of the top stalker players in the server only 3 other players could play stalker just as well(and even better) then me i can name em all for you right now
Well if you must know who i am i am indeed not []Snow[] snow quit and sold his s*** to Dolleh but anywas you want to know who i am ask Rince or orguss or even Tynne since i was one of his good friends on the server

My stalker was named Sothe alot of people on animaro refered to me as Sothers or Sother but i am being modest not alot of people know how to use sherwood now adays so can you say this on animaro that you were one of the best skilled stalkers out there maybe maybe not

in my monthss of playing aRO i must have floored more than a dozen sherwood stalkers can you say that on anima maybe maybe not and can you say that you didnt have sherwood while doing it. maybe maybe not.

so ATM there is no best stalker i never said i was the best i said i was one of the top tier stalker players

and since []Snow[] quit Dolleh has his gears and his stalker right now its named []StormyLover[] im pretty sure if her sister didnt help her i probabl could have killed her too.
so now do you know who i am I AM Sothe ask alot of players i know i wasnt the best but i was one of the top ask Tynne he knows who i am