WHY where no low rate new fresh server why dont every one play low

Started by RUSPATRIOT, Apr 05, 2014, 12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RUSPATRIOT

I do not understand why lots of people play high rates but not plaing low rates without donation or minimum donations ..... /sob  and other question is why are there lots of low rates server 30-50 people playing or even lower why dont all people play one big low rate server....

stephencurry30

People like playing high rates so they don't have to invest much time to level and hunt and go right into PvP.

Regarding the other question, not everyone like the same low rate server. Those servers all have different features and styles, of course players will choose the server that feels right to them.

Judgement

Because lots of those players are joining the "new fresh server" instead of existing servers.
Because they want new servers where people can't have an advantage from donations while wanting to be one of the first people in the server to get a head start.
Because most servers don't last long so people rather just play high rates where losing all their progress isn't as painful.  But on the other hand they also end up spending about as much time gearing for every new high/mid rate that they would on a low rate.
Because people want the server they're joining to be EXACTLY how they want it instead of compromising with a few things.
Because people don't like TalonRO's donations/customs/etc. (this one is fine though, the donations & customs/etc. make it understandable)
Super Smash Brothers 64!

RUSPATRIOT

i foung one new named roguard but i do not understand why does it not grow up fast it is protescted and 5-5-2 admins are always on but i do not understand why every one left for fable server = wich will die soon as soon as it was opened....

Nekoruchii

Well, it depend on the person's taste/s on a server. Aside from anything else, there are a lot of new servers up every single day from every country. Judgement and Fable's response is also correct, which I don't intend to repeat. I'm also fond of Roguard but waiting for my download to finish, and playing at Woon and Fable while waiting for it to finish. Of course, I'm sure a lot of people tried different servers before they found their "true" home.

DeePee

Quote from: Fable on Apr 05, 2014, 05:00 PM
It's because they do not enought Server Advertisement.

Or because they can't even come up with their own rules and just copy paste it from another server, right?

Styx

A low rate with no or minimum donations, sounds attractive but it is against the odds to stay alive for a long time and invest a lot of time for it.
Any server setup is based on a subjective approach and that is based mainly on own experience, it is very hard to offer something you don't recognize as possible entertainment yourself.
So, likely they will attract just one type of player who experience that specific setting as entertainment.
Roguard is actually pretty good, I just don't feel that prehistoric zoom as entertainment but they feel it would unbalance the game.
Maybe they are correct about that, I don't know but I rather stick with official servers for that experience.
On a PS I would spend my time on a more commercial server as Fable instead though I know it is not better and has even more restrictions.

RUSPATRIOT

/??   heh yeap sounds true... heh what be a present to find several guilds two challenge on low rates

Wyvern

There's no good/populated low rate servers these days because everyone wants very specific things when joining certain low rates, or they all went to mid/high rates as most people most likely played many RO servers and don't feel like restarting every time, so yeah they go to mid/high rates to get their gears/levels quickly and do PvP/WoE or simply wants to hang out. Most people could just be playing different games, and RO is an old game too. Lots of server admins/devs also don't know what they're doing, or they always become inactive or abuse their powers by giving items to some ppl, etc. And the remaining (mostly PVM-type people I think) are in Talon. They have done many things right, which is why it still has high population, and the available customizations makes it like a new game.

But yeah I'm not playing there as there's some changes and features I do not prefer. Perhaps I went off-topic a bit here.

Gardosen

Quote from: Styx on Apr 06, 2014, 02:11 AM
A low rate with no or minimum donations, sounds attractive but it is against the odds to stay alive for a long time and invest a lot of time for it.
Any server setup is based on a subjective approach and that is based mainly on own experience, it is very hard to offer something you don't recognize as possible entertainment yourself.
So, likely they will attract just one type of player who experience that specific setting as entertainment.
Roguard is actually pretty good, I just don't feel that prehistoric zoom as entertainment but they feel it would unbalance the game.
Maybe they are correct about that, I don't know but I rather stick with official servers for that experience.
On a PS I would spend my time on a more commercial server as Fable instead though I know it is not better and has even more restrictions.

If you host a Proejct with real passion, you make the people able to reach everything with zeny, as people would can get with donation, and dont care for money.
Donations are a nice help of supporting the server, there are many good additions out there who are not cheap. a well organized Server Protection with InternalGuard/Harmony, ADelay and some other stuff costs you arround 300$. its not a problem at all, but its a nice feeling if you know that your users respect your work and donate some dollars to you, that you dont have to pay all of the money on your own.

also i think in the current situation you can only step out of the shadow of talonro or woonro with three possitve attitudes:
- a stable server which doesnt even crash one time in a month
- the ability to implement unique features into the client
- a persistent way who shows the players on people out there, that your server will not just last for 6months.

many servers who appears today are just a copy and paste of a rathena or hercules onclick setup + a Full Installer of Ossi or Themeon with some small nemo modifications. They can not even fix bugs for themself and have to wait for a hercules fix (which can take up to 1week as the developer also have much work todo)
but other servers are using modified exe files, they are bugfixing stuff in the exe or server core themself, using selfmade animations and hardcoding them into the client, rewriting the login process or servercore to avoid crashes. these server will last long as the developer are doing this with passion.

The time is the best friend of a project who is created by passion, and not by money greediness.

Greetings
Gardosen

harikage

Been dealing with the same problem  /pif  I used to play in -10x rate servers which i think are most fun. I just like the experience of starting over again in a good server with atleast 200 population though. There were some good ones like Atherea , Pure and DerRO over the years, but they all ended up closing down. Thing is, there are a LOT of new lowrate servers but each with 30 or less population each. All of them have similar features and i wonder why there wasnt any good low rate servers in 2014 i could've started fresh to >.<.

RO isint what it used to be though, mainly because i prefer pre-renewal. I've been waiting for that right lowrate server for months now. I check rms everyday for any new server advertisement, but the new servers (low rate) just dont have the hype it should have for people to join.

Styx

Quote from: Gardosen on Apr 06, 2014, 03:41 PM
If you host a Proejct with real passion, you make the people able to reach everything with zeny, as people would can get with donation, and dont care for money.
Donations are a nice help of supporting the server, there are many good additions out there who are not cheap. a well organized Server Protection with InternalGuard/Harmony, ADelay and some other stuff costs you arround 300$. its not a problem at all, but its a nice feeling if you know that your users respect your work and donate some dollars to you, that you dont have to pay all of the money on your own.

also i think in the current situation you can only step out of the shadow of talonro or woonro with three possitve attitudes:
- a stable server which doesnt even crash one time in a month
- the ability to implement unique features into the client
- a persistent way who shows the players on people out there, that your server will not just last for 6months.

many servers who appears today are just a copy and paste of a rathena or hercules onclick setup + a Full Installer of Ossi or Themeon with some small nemo modifications. They can not even fix bugs for themself and have to wait for a hercules fix (which can take up to 1week as the developer also have much work todo)
but other servers are using modified exe files, they are bugfixing stuff in the exe or server core themself, using selfmade animations and hardcoding them into the client, rewriting the login process or servercore to avoid crashes. these server will last long as the developer are doing this with passion.

The time is the best friend of a project who is created by passion, and not by money greediness.

Greetings
Gardosen

Well, as I wrote I think Roguard is actually pretty good but don't forget you always will have your own subjective restrictions.
It is normal to have them, realizing you have them is good enough.

For instance zeny versus donation, I can imagine you will think about balance but what drives a donator to donate?
Greed, P2W or just entertainment and is it really that important at all?

Or ingame balance, if that would be the main issue possible you will attract only that type of player.
Why would a low or average skilled random player join such if entertainment is the target to go for?
High skilled players and balance is that the only way to entertain yourself with a game?
Who gets more entertainment, the Champion Chessplayer or the one that loses most of his game but keeps coming back every week.

Then protection, you need to think about that as well of course but is it more important then entertainment itself?
I know for instance that InternalGuard 3.7 will be detected as a random rootkit on many scanners.
Of course you can make an exception in scanner but many will disable the scanner completely instead because they just don't know how to do that.
Do players like that even exist? Oh yes, they do and a lot more then you can imagine.
If you solved that, InternalGuard 3.7 will detect probably a random debugger on many systems, the firewall, UAC, a mouse program, your backup program, what will it be this time?
How can a player without much knowledge about these programs solve this issue?
Make a forum account. Oh no, that is pesky job with all those protection rules these days and you learned to avoid it as much as possible.
If you didn't run away already and have the account you hope you will get an answer you understand.
A common given advice is getting the latest KRO and likely you will get the wrong one and it doesn't help.
Another common advice is installing new video drivers, or to be completely sure better install all new drivers which make you and end up with a messed up system that will only produce blue screens. and finally will not boot anymore at all.
It was running XP, so to the store and buy a new system.
This will probably run on windows 8 and a week later with some luck you found out you can use it as a desktop instead of a mobile phone.
Still you have problems to start programs and you go back to the store and they give you advice it is better to downgrade to windows 7.
They offer that service but due many requests for it you have to wait another week.
When at last everything works you finally want some entertainment and you consider playing a server again.
Likely the one the problem started with will be gone already or too much developed and you don't feel comfortable grinding up from scratch there because the risk is too high the server will die before.
Then you start thinking again, balance, rules, donations, voting, competition.
Well F*** you with all that crap, I just want entertainment.

jemaima

Gardosen

@Styx: ill thank you for the possitive response about my server, but never compare your own "what would i do" with "what would you do".

About Problems with the Client:
in the last 3 weeks i supported over 15 different people over teamviewer to solve problems with the client. most of these problems where related because the people didnt read what we wrote in bold letters over the download link. some of them didnt used a kro client under the small installer, others didnt even used our small installer and just copied the exe files.
others had realy problems with there security system, and i fixed it in 5-10minutes.
those support is normal and should be offered by every server hoster, as i created this client setup, and so i also want to help people who have problems with it. if someone dont know how to solve a problem, hes free to contact us and we will support him till the problem is found and a solution is available.

About Events:
before the first real privat servers appeared, ragnarok was running around 2-4years. in this time, gravity made arround 20(?) Events. nobody gave a f*** about entertainment because Ragnarok gives enought possiblitys to make your own entertainment.
Making to much events also imbalance the server as to much items getting flooded on the server. We personally sharing the opinion that a weekend event is far better then doing an event every day or every second day.

AboutIG:
IG only gets recognized by 2(or even 1) of 54 Protections as a rootkit. and i can tell you, everyone who use exactly this software protections as a virus protection system, could also uninstall it. because all the false possitives, are nothing against the false negetatives who this software let trought even IF it is a virus.

i also dont know if you know how those regocnitions are working, but if you create a software and a protection system regocnize it as a virus, you are able to send the sourcecode to the company, that they can verify its not a virus. then the company implements a signature into the protection software to be able to identify the software of the person. the two companys who still recognize IG as a virus, got this source 2months ago. and nothing happened. not even a response if they are working on it.

so is this the fault of the IG Developer? i dont think so, as he trys to remove those problems.

Greetings
Gardosen