Who would play a 1X1X1X?

Started by Transcend, Aug 05, 2007, 01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transcend

Yep,if a potential server rose with 1X1X1X rates.that will provide everything like at Kro and even the event quests from iRo at the same time,aka : a iro free copy :q
would you play it?

Pandora

1/1/1 is painfully low, even for people who like low rates. Lots of RO players have been on this game for a few years by now, have proven themselves capable of grinding/leveling/hunting. But I understand your concept of a free iro copy, which is what private servers were at the start.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Rbread

The lowest I would play on is 2x/2x/2x.  I dont have years to spend on a game that takes years to level up and advance.  I'm only saying this because my first server was 2x/2x/2x and I found it more enjoyable than any server today.

Transcend

2x?
hmmmm......
But,the point isn t to be always a lvl 99/70 Char
in a 1X server,any random hunter can rock xD

Slaw

I wouldn't play. I've redone my characters way too many times, and grinding on a 1x server once again is... not very tempting at all.

Skotlex

The only way a 1x experience would last is if it were a server that is guaranteed to be up for like, all of eternity... then you'd hang out with people and enjoy the MANY MONTHS that you will be a 1st class.
It is not such a bad thing, you will collect many memories with other lowly people and the fights against "relatively easy" monsters. But the thing is... this is only alright if it is your first time playing! When you've "already been there, already done that", it is hard to want to go through that again... unless you totally don't care about leveling or getting good equips, and you just try to have fun and hang out with others.

But then comes problems because some people level faster than others, and then your previous friends can't party with you anymore. And well... I dunno, I am just rambling here now, aren't I? In any case.. I doubt anyone who has played before RO will want to play again from the beginning with such low rates... the server would need a LARGE community for that to be enjoyable, but a NEW server will NOT attract any players using such low rates, kind of a paradox, you see?

Personally I would hate the idea of going without skills for a few days (or is it weeks? Just how long are you supposed to remain a novice class at 1x rates??) what the heck is up with that anyway... where's the fun in having nothing but "attack" for 10 job levels? D:

(RMS reviews)

Slaw

Skotlex, I agree with you to some point (As you can see in my previous post), but... a 1x server isn't -that- slow. Novice to first class will take a few hours, first class to second class will take a few weeks, and second class to 99 will take a month or two. That's assuming you spend that time leveling, though.

Transcend

in 4months youd be 99/60...

Skotlex

But is this from the point of view of a casual player? or a veteran that knows WHERE and WHAT to bash? And thats assuming you play how many hours a day? I am speaking mostly from a relaxed player point of view... it is true that these MMORPGs are designed so it takes TIME for the hardcore players to reach the max... but by doing so, things become painfully slow to the less dedicated people who just want to enjoy their time... well, that's my stance on the issue.

(RMS reviews)

yC

looking at the average life-spend of a server in general (1-6 months), I wouldn't dare to risk my valuable time on a 1x1x1x server.  Lacking of confidence is the issue.  If it goes down/shut/rollback it will hurt a lot.

Assassin Cross Angel

i would play it.. =p if the max level nd stats are 1000.. =p starting money must at least be 100m and everything can be bought through the npc.. like level seller.. =p hahaha!

Emeralda

Quote from: Assassin Cross Angel on Aug 08, 2007, 01:54 PM
i would play it.. =p if the max level nd stats are 1000.. =p starting money must at least be 100m and everything can be bought through the npc.. like level seller.. =p hahaha!

Would it be even possible to reach level 110 in a less than a year?

Quote from: Skotlex on Aug 08, 2007, 12:24 PM
it is true that these MMORPGs are designed so it takes TIME for the hardcore players to reach the max... but by doing so, things become painfully slow to the less dedicated people who just want to enjoy their time... well, that's my stance on the issue.

Ragnarok is a Korean MMORPG. If you aren't into a grindfest, you shouldn't have picked a Korean one.

Transcend

My view comes from someone who knows what to bash and Shield boom :l
And it was way more amusing when i didn t...
i remember the day i asked a BS to forge a fire weapon,
sexy times ;D
Posted on: 08-08-2007, 20:21:53
Well i got to this idea when i saw the work of the Aurora team...
So i tought...
Im sure that with their emu

AlviN

all 1s is a pain in the... i like low rate servers but not that too low...
pack that sheet!

=D I live for low low rates like iro and such i'd still be playing on those kinda servers if i had the cash to pay for them ^^;;;

so ya i'd play there if it weren't for the fact i quit RO