What was your favorite feature of your Favorite RO server

Started by Siren, Aug 05, 2015, 02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siren

Hey guys,  i'm very nostalgic today, so I'm wondering...What do you miss from your most favorite server, and why?

Obviously a lot of people are going to say the community, because that's what Ragnarok really is about, the friends you play with..But what specific feature?

I personally loved EssenceRO's custom card sets that enabled bonuses to specific classes, I thought it was ingenuous!

Len

Hi! My first ever server was FeelRO and my favourite feature was their custom main town, Ostia. I really loved that place and that's where I would travel and explore the most c:

Cheppo

Not my first ever server (I came from iRO) but the private server I enjoyed the most was znRO.

There was nothing special to it, really. In fact iirc, the lack of updates led to its eventual downfall. But I had a lot of friends, and we were close in the way you became close over RO, and it was just a bunch of good times.

Welp, probably going to go post in long lost friends now.

Coming in second would probably be DivinityRO.
Hatred of Cookie aside, I feel like he ran a damn good server, and without having better words to describe it..
It was very neat. As far as I could tell, anyway.

OldeRagnarok

Funny that you say that Len, I played FeelRO for quite some time and was very fond of there main town aswell. I had some very good times there, Still to this day I can't recall why they shut down as far as I remember it was always bumping there... But my all time favourite was RetRO. Definitely one of the best & most accurate pre-trans classic servers that has ever been around. Unfortunately they closed there doors a few years ago and I'm currently trying to remake it and set the bar / live up to GM RetRO's standards. Wish me luck, and or come check us out @ OldeRO <3

Esdese22

My fav features are Hat Maker NPC and Skin Race System.
because i love to collect cute hats
Skin Race System has no effect but i just find it unique /lv

XicoR4

My favorite feature in RO was in a server named SakuraRO, it had an event called contest of champions.
Basically you'd fight 3 waves of monsters from the same element and a MVP at the end. It had 3 difficulties iirc and a custom MVP in the hardest difficulty. It was a ton of fun partying with whoever joined the event and fight tough monsters.

Krossos

I remember class change system on q-ro. When u hit 90/50 u could reborn to 90/25 upper. It was at lowrate server

Vhandel

Yuzo

My favourite feature of all time is definitely BG 2.0. Being able to join in occasionally epic battles with random peers in a WOE SE situation was one of my best experiences in RO. At times I'd even say I enjoyed it more than real WOE. Maybe it was having to gel with absolute randoms and everything relied on team chemistry rather than organisation.
Sadly since it was a way of farming items rather than having fun these modes would often die and become very negative.

Second favourite...
BlackoutRO woe in 2010-11. Most diverse and fun woe for me.

Third...
EssenceRO mvping and moneymaking.

wpcarlos

A server that lasts at least a year. Yeah, that is a feature, and a rare one. I've played on only two private servers (that I liked) which met that criterion: qRO and Frozenglade.

annaquin

VanRO : Sumon Clone from Assassin X ( The server is still up and running )

MrMystery

Quote from: Yuzo on Sep 17, 2015, 02:08 AM
My favourite feature of all time is definitely BG 2.0. Being able to join in occasionally epic battles with random peers in a WOE SE situation was one of my best experiences in RO.

I agree with that sentiment. BG 2.0 gave life to RO again. It's been a while since it's been out so it's become a little stale and people only want to use it for WoE supplies, but it definitely was an amaing feature when I first saw it.

Likewise, autoevents were the same way for me. DreamerRO was the first place that I saw these and I thought it was awesome to be able to join in random events with a bunch of players and no GM intervention required.

Asuka Connell

I don't miss anything from my first server, but here's what I'd miss if my current server ever shuts down:

Stability - I'm sure most of you have gone through something like this: playing one day and the next day you log-in and the server website says "Project Hellraiser is finished." and you go  /omg and you think about the equips you managed to accumulate, and the objectives you were looking forward to achieving  /sob. Then you find a server that's been running for 3 years and counting, never had any roll backs or a single wipe and you are like can this be real  /hmm and then you play there for longer than you have played on Hellraiser and still no signs of shutting down  /... and you realize you can go all out and full speed ahead with your objectives and equip accumulation  /no1 and then you find out, you're in love with the server /lv

Secondary:
PETS cute loyal pets that give you  /kis and stat boosts  /no1
Custom map with custom mobs stronger than any MVP, bullying them is  /gg if you can KoS them first  /pif
Unlimited arrows when I started in Inertia, I stocked up on items to make arrows with, imagine my  /omg and  /swt when I made my first Archer and  /heh at myself because the arrows were inexhaustible /ho

Esdese22

Quote from: Asuka Connell on Sep 23, 2015, 08:35 PM
Stability - I'm sure most of you have gone through something like this: playing one day and the next day you log-in and the server website says "Project Hellraiser is finished."

I feel you  /sob
Experienced this several times with few ps ro. That time when a server was dying then completely dead

Yuzo

Maybe I'll take back what I said before. What I really loved were forums. I miss the days of forums.  /sob