Spam Ads

Started by asdfqwerty123, Jun 12, 2008, 10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asdfqwerty123

IP: 203.76.252.192
http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=4763&itv=6&url_sname=Coffee%20Ragnarok%20Online

No one plays these servers, I'm 99% sure it's the owners.
http://i27.tinypic.com/2h3xv9j.jpg

Posted on: Jun 12, 2008, 02:21 am
30 more were posted in all the forums by the time I actually banned the person, it happened just now.

Hanyuu

I've played Coffee. Their lowrate has next to no one, their midrate had about 5 people on and their highrate had around 20 people.
I cannot quench your thirst
Because even if you yearn for the truth, you refuse to believe in it.

I cannot quench your thirst
Because no such truth exists that you are in anticipation for.

But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one the that put you into the desert.

yC

Helrouis is correct, unless they are spamming their rms link, we can't do anything about them spamming their own website.

Pandora

Well at least he can warn people here about what this server is doing and how uber annoying they are, I don't see him asking for anything particular to be done about it :P
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Rbread

Quote from: Helrouis on Jun 12, 2008, 10:41 AM
That simply is your responsibility, and it isn't RMS' concern.

Helrouis

Quote from: yC on Jun 12, 2008, 02:25 PM
Helrouis is correct, unless they are spamming their rms link, we can't do anything about them spamming their own website.

Now that you've mentioned that, it is possible that other servers use that method to dispose of other servers here in RMS.

yC

Quote from: Helrouis on Jun 13, 2008, 12:27 AM
Quote from: yC on Jun 12, 2008, 02:25 PM

Now that you've mentioned that, it is possible that other servers use that method to dispose of other servers here in RMS.

That would be very dirty, I hope no one does that and what's the point of spamming the rms link to advertise instead of linking directly to their site.

Helrouis

Quote from: yC
That would be very dirty, I hope no one does that and what's the point of spamming the rms link to advertise instead of linking directly to their site.

I got your point. I'm just stating a possibility. RMS is still a reference site for players looking for a good server of their choice.

Micieri

When I see stuff like spam ads it tends to put me -off- playing that server, usually makes it look tacky if they have to spam to get players..

Helrouis

Quote from: Micieri on Jun 14, 2008, 11:16 AM
When I see stuff like spam ads it tends to put me -off- playing that server, usually makes it look tacky if they have to spam to get players..
Quite true. It's ok to post an advertisement in the right place anyway.

advertisement in the right place = good
advertisement in the wrong place = bad
advertisement in the wrong place but the right time = good
advertisement in the right place but the wrong time = bad

lol thats how it usually ends up working out (well imo that is)

Helrouis

Quote from: JJJ on Jun 14, 2008, 05:09 PM
advertisement in the right place = good
advertisement in the wrong place = bad
advertisement in the wrong place but the right time = good
advertisement in the right place but the wrong time = bad

lol thats how it usually ends up working out (well imo that is)

By the looks of your words, you maybe one cool advertiser lol.

Thorin

I hate those kinds of advertisers, spamming every possible topic with a cut & paste message. At least you took care of it quickly. Someone torched our server forums with ads from a different server. It really does get annoying =/

Helrouis

Quote from: GM Thorin on Jun 15, 2008, 07:58 PM
I hate those kinds of advertisers, spamming every possible topic with a cut & paste message. At least you took care of it quickly. Someone torched our server forums with ads from a different server. It really does get annoying =/
Well, in the end of the day, it's the GM team's responsibility.