ScytheRO

Started by Zone, Nov 21, 2007, 03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zone

Okay, first off, I would like to explain my situation with this server.
I have played the server for 3 months.
I have been more active all of the administrative team.
I quit the server 1 week ago because of the server's administration lying about me, banning friends, and breaking their own rules.

I applied to be a helper after my first week because the server crashed.
I was denied by 1 GM, who is now falsely accusing me of abuse ( if I was, then why wasn't it dealt with when it happened?), harassing players (again, same as last comment), cussing in pvp and again, I didn't pvp until my last week on the server.), bribing, sucking up, "Giving special discounts on mvp cards and other items" (I never had mvp cards, thank you very much.)

After I was denied to be a helper by this gm, I accepted it, I had an Idea for the server and I pmed the server's Admin. telling him it, and at the end, I asked "What can I do to make myself more useful to a server?".
The next day he invited me to the Team, and they voted me out cause I was new to the server.

From that point, x Ghost x went into pvp and @nuke'd a user to get his attention, this started an arguement that caused the Helper Akedia to call Eclypze something along the lines of a c*** or Twat, and Eclypze was banned.

Since then I had been more active than any user not vending, Spending at some points over 24 hours straight on the server.
For quite a while, until I made a deal about it, the administration wasn't online for 2 weeks.
In that time, I was given compliments from users because according to the users, I am more helpful than any gm.
One night I got into an argument with a person and he threatened to come to my house, beat my head in, and shoot me, so I said "Shut the f*** up.", I was reported and Dewfist came and nothing came of it.
That is the only time I have ever been reported and I feel it was justified.

A few weeks later, I pmed x Ghost x, the gm who makes lies about users, asking to talk to her to understand why she dislikes me. She came up with several lies, and even went against what the rules say, according to what she said is no one who applies to be a helper gets to be one, and that no one who wants to help the server makes a good helper.
When Dewfist, and Akedia both applied, both are helpers, both have cussed at users, Akedia being the worse, using such words and "c***" and "Twat" and both of these Helpers get away scotch free.

Next, I quit the server and become an admin/ scripter on BragiRO.
Last week, my friend Maligore was an intern for ScytheRO staff, he called a user in pvp a "fcking nub" not f*** nub or f*** noob.

He was kicked off of staff and so he made a guild called "Friendly Helper Guide" and was banned for  "impersonating staff".
I asked Zairik about it and he said that Maligore was impersonating with the word "Helper" in his guild name.
So I replied to Zairik saying, "If I made a guild called 'Non-Staff Helper' and my title being 'I'm Not Staff', I would be banned for impersonating staff.", he did not reply to it. Zairik also denied Maligore was ever an Intern.

So I finalized my quitting on ScytheRO, clearing 14 characters, 4 of my personal guild storages, 2 regular storages and 2 accounts, and gave all of my customs and gear to 3 friends.
I posted in the forums that I quit and I would not donate my $500 to the server since the administration acts in such ways.
I also noted I was quitting RO entirely because it was becoming a health hazard for me, by me becoming absorbed in the game, and scripting I lost 11 lbs in 1 month, bringing me down to 133 lbs, 6'1", and 17 yo.

This is the quote from x Ghost x on my post asking why I was banned:
my comments will be in [ ]
"You are only making all these complaints and putting down the server, the staff and the players for one reason.
And I'm now going to tell you ONCE again why, and everyone else will also see.

For some time you had been trying to get on staff. Yes Zairik Hired you ONCE but he did not know about you then. Yes Akedia said something but he also did not know about you.[To call someone a c*** or twat, one does not need to know me.]
After some time, you would constantly suck up to staff, Giving them special discounts on MVP cards and Other items. Bribes don't work.[Staff wasn't even active, I didn't sell any gears, I never had mvp cards. I never had money to bribe.]
Then we noticed every time you saw a staff member, you'd run around asking people if they wanted help. But as soon as we left you'd stop.[I never saw any staff on a daily basis, I would sit in comodo for hours on end helping people when they spammed questions in comodo.]
You constantly bugged staff about your application saying how you were on 8 hours+ sat helping people every day. The thing to that is.. We saw nothing of the kind.[Again, no one was online to be bugged, and no one was online to see it, besides, 14 characters, and the only one they know me by is High Wizard Houdini, and I stopped using it after I made my Soul Linker, my second character.]
Then you went on getting your friends to recommend you to be on staff. Also not going to work.[I never asked anyone to recommend me, they always said I should apply and that I was more help then the actual people hired to help.]
After all of this I finally told you because i personally had enough. As had other staff.
Pushing for your application to go through is an automatic rejection from staff. It even states on the forum where you posted it. (You should have looked at it a bit better)[I never pushed it, as soon as I was rejected, I accepted it, however, I asked why these lies were being made about me by this GM.]
Then You began to PM me, Then you took it a step to far PMing me on the forums.[I pmed her to ask why she was saying I was begging to be a gm on Ventrilo, she was never on ventrilo, infact, no gm ever was on ventrilo.]
You know why you were not accepted and why you never will. So, why on earth you think acting like this will help your situation i don't know It's beyond me.[I post about how the administration is a failure because it is.]
You have been reported several times for harassing players in PVP and even spamming in PVP and cussing. Yes this was a while ago but non the less.[I didn't start pvping until my last week on Scythe.]
My rules for hiring staff are as followed.
We want Honest helpful people that we see helping others with out an alteria motive.[I take that as alternative motive, why would I spend hours on end helping, I quit RO not just cause it is bad for my health, I get nothing from playing, just the joy of helping people.]
They are NOT to be on any of our naughty lists.[A list you put me on under false reasons.]
We don't want someone who is going to be on staff just to say they are better than other players. Because staff are still players as well.[If I was going to say that, why wouldn't I be saying it on my own server?]
We uphold the rules and maintain things we do NOT tell other players what to do. It doesn't work like that.[They don't even follow their own rules.]

All in all, ever since you were rejected and I told you why you have been extremely malicious.[Again, never online, and I was more helpful than her.] And well, You were rejected and started acting like a spoilt little brat.[Again, you weren't online to know what I was doing. @nuke'ing is more spoiled, it is abusing powers.] Do you HONESTLY think we want that? I mean really think about it. With your attitude with others if you don't get your own way how will that benefit out players who need help? It wont.[I only have an attitude with the administration since they are abusive, Users I can sit and help all day.]

Yes I am fussy when it comes to staff. But, it's these precautions that gets is good staff. My latest adds have been nothing but great help. They do their job they manage situations in a very professional manor and always resolve them. And if people over step their boundaries by over steeping rules I trust the to do what they think is right.[Brandon and Maligore you kicked out for things other gms have done and even yourself have.]
As does Zairik, Hence why we were hired in the first place.

I'm not longer going to be taking any of these childish little tantrums.[If anyone is being childish, it is you for making lies about me.]
Accept the fact you were caught out, You got nasty it just made things worse.[And you should accept the fact you are wrong.]

You say you don't play scythe, then why come on the forums putting down the staff the players and the server!
If you don't play on scytheRO you have no reason to be on here acting in this manor.[I came online to justify.]

So Once again you know.

From Dewfist:

I want everyone to learn from this example...and realize the kind of puerile, pompous displays of butthurt we the staff have to deal with on a daily basis. The monotonous, endless belittlement of a child who wants to pitch a tantrum because he couldn't be in charge.[Be in charge? No, I want to show you where you are wrong so you can fix it.] It happens all over here. It's not just the non-English speaking players, but the ones who DO speak English as well. We bust our asses to keep this server in working order, to appease all the players we have, to help keep things organized, and all we get in return is crap shoveled in our faces. To those of you applying for a Staff position here, first thing you must realize is...IT IS NOT AN EASY JOB AT ALL. Don't think for a second that being a staff member is sitting on your butt and barking orders at others, or hanging with the GMs. There's an etiquette to uphold. You get no special benefits...you have to donate for customs just like the normal players do. And you can't do certain things, like MVP, PVP, WoE or any of that.[Then why did x Ghost x go into pvp and @nuke Eclypze and not get a single word said to her?]

We've got enough on our hands than to deal with pestering thorns such as this kid.[A kid who does more than you will ever.] Cut us a break, because nobody else wants to.

I have send Zairik screenshots of these things I speak of, and not one thing has been done.
Out of all of the staff Scythe RO has, only Dewfist and x Ghost x have been online since I made a deal about it.

This server may be fun, but that is only if the Administration is never online.

asdfqwerty123

Ok, lets pick apart this rant

- The server rebooting isn't a reason we would hire GM's
- None of the staff thought you were experienced enough to even stay on as an Intern
- Being on 24 hours a day doesn't mean we'll hire you to be a GM
- You should report with screenshots on the "Reports and Appeals" section if you see rule breakers
- Maligore was banned because I mistook Korey for Corey, the ex-Admin who quit the server you now GM on which was the reason for the harsher punishment than normal, which I might add was removed and he was unbanned even before you posted this
- I don't feel a bit sorry for banning you if you're trying to bribe us with donation money
- Don't blame ScytheRO for your health issues and lack of control, not knowing how to balance a game with real life
- The only character we know is High Wizard Houdini because you bugged us to be a staff member on that character
- Sirus is a Ventrilo staff member and he is on almost all the time, every day
- If what you said was true about you get joy simply from helping people, why bug us to be a staff member 24/7?

Quote"x3n0c1d3", aka "High Wizard Houdini", aka "Zone" (the GM on another server I might add, which will not be named) only has a personal grudge against ScytheRO because we would not allow him to join the staff.  I have nothing personal against this person, but he just constantly bugged the GM's asking if he could be a staff member.  Then after we told him he was not going to be a staff member because he was inexperienced (which he is), he started bad mouthing the server in-game and on the forums. 

Please note, this is someone who has nothing to lose and everything to gain by bad mouthing ScytheRO and drawing people to the server he is a GM on when he couldn't find a chance at Scythe.  Not only did I approve banning this person from the forums and from the game, I did the banning personally.  The staff finally got fed-up with all the trouble he was starting.

The official post:
Quotex Ghost x
post Yesterday, 02:09 AM

As most if not all of the in game staff know High Wizard Houdeni has been causing no end of trouble for the server and staff for a while now.

After seeing hostilities in his posts about the server, the players and the staff It has been decided that he is to be removed.
This person has caused no ends of problems in game all because I and the other staff would not allow him back on the staff.
He was abusive, rude and wanted nothing more than to be a GM and have power to ban those on the server whom he did not like. We know this very well as we have caught him no ends of times speaking to other players about how he was becoming a part of staff and if someone did not cooperate the way he had wanted he would have them banned.
Soon after having him harass not only myself but also trying to win favours off in the staff so he could get on I spoke to him myself.
As we know, once a staff application has been submitted if they ask or push on for it to be looked at and accepted it is automatically rejected.

Of course this was said, along with the other reasons as to why he would not be on staff.
Since that moment there has been no end of problems that always end with him.

As staff we know how to deal with many situations, but there is a fine line and he seemed to of gone over it many a times but now enough is enough.

Coming onto our forums just to put staff down is not acceptable in it's self. Coming online/ In game to put everyone down who plays the server, to spam about GM's and to advertise a certain other server is what made this as it is.

Zone

Okay, I agree at the point that I applied, I was not experienced, I have no issue with that.
I never said being online so much would make you hire it, why do you keep saying that I think that, I have told you it several times now.
I can't report a GM, they just ban you and delete the topic and any trace of it existing.
I can't report mr. sex spammer cause I was banned.
I never bribed, again, I posted this because your staff x Ghost x is a lying b****.
As for it being a matter of my health, I know, I have nothing better to do, but I quit RO seeing how it was effecting me.
I never bugged you to be staff, no one was ever online to bug.
Greg was never online until I brought it up to you that people were spamming on vent, that was the same time every single staff member was inactive.
Again, I haven't bugged you 24/7, no person is online that much, and yours staff isn't online usually.
My reason for wanting to be a staff member was because I didn't get any respect for helping people as much as I did.
But when I saw the kind of people your staff is, I decided I didn't want to work with any of them.

mattblack04

What do you expect with anybody, whether they be a normal joe or a basement dwelling troll, can get an RO private server?  What does he do?  Gets his friends to GM for free.  And when you let loose 15 yr olds with unlimited power in game, do you expect them to act mature?  Nope.  Do you expect the Admin who "hired" them to take action?  No way!  There are plenty of better servers out there, not all of them are crummy.

Zone

Like I said, the server is s*** with the current staff.
If there were no staff, the server would be better off honestly, they showed me that when every staff member was gone for 2 weeks.

Posted on: Nov 26, 2007, 07:04 pm
ScytheRO is different in some ways, some of them being:
Disgusie room, you can test out customs, monster id's and sizes.
Multiple styles of pvp, though only 1 is usually used and that is FFA.
They aren't different with the staff though, as many servers, staff like to lie about users to ban them and defend themselves with more lies.
Such as I allegedly tried bribing gms with mvp cards, and such. When I hadn't any mvp cards to bribe with.
Such as I  was abusive, harassing, and using foul language in pvp when I started, when I was never talked to by any staff what so ever about abuse, or harassment, and I didn't pvp until my last week on scythe.
Such as I was begging the gms to let me be a gm, when no staff was ever on?, when I was training 14 characters?, when I quit because of Zairik's poor choice in staff, who abuse their powers, make lies about people and such.
Such as @nuking a user in pvp to get his attention.
Like I have said before, if you get rid of the staff, you got a great server, but with that staff, then it is complete s***.
No offense Zairik, but this is rate my server,  and I am being completely honest, unlike your staff.

ragplayer420

edited*

just know I wont be recommending this server to any of my friends

Zone

good, I am getting many people to quit and a lot of people not to join

yC

Quote from: x3n0c1d3 on Nov 27, 2007, 11:59 AM
good, I am getting many people to quit and a lot of people not to join

If that is your goal, then I have to lock this topic.  Before it become another spam/troll topic.