Payon Stories has been DEVASTATED by the guild [p2w]

Started by Nova, Jul 16, 2023, 05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

This is a call for help from the entire Payon Stories (WoE) playerbase to all fellow Ragnarok Online players still out there. We are in desperate need for positive change.

Server Website link: https://cp.payonstories.com/
Official Discord link: https://discord.gg/4bw6dVVq9d
Community Discord (WoE Channel) link: https://discord.gg/zEKYFCtMre

Here's why:

As you can see, the p2w guild has MORE than DOUBLE as many points as rank 2 and 3 on that list. And this will only get worse if things stay the way they are.

Currently the MVP and WoE scene on Payon Stories (PS) is being dominated by one SINGLE guild called; "p2w". They have been claiming 2 out of 3 castles almost every WoE and are doing even better in the MVP scene. To the point that they already have several confirmed MVP cards. And that on a 1x server that has only been online for at most a year. The worst part is that when anyone tries to compete with them over MVP's, they will try their best to bend the rules to their favour to catch anyone who is even slightly overstepping the rules and report them to the GM's. Ofcourse, not everyone in their guild is guilty of doing this, but it has happened in the past.  :-[

You might be thinking; "Why is this a problem? Just get better at the game!". We are trying our best, but it's hard. For every 5 good players we have in our guilds, we will have 5 newbies who we have to train. We simply lack manpower and people willing to learn! And the people who try WoE get beat so bad (by p2w) that they don't want to return. They just quit. Compare this to p2w who are rumored to have hundreds of members in their discord. 100s of players who can step in at any moment! If this keeps going as is, p2w will continue to gather more resources, more MVP cards and before long, they will be making god items en masse! This would widen the gap between them and our guilds even more, to the point where we can't possibly catch up anymore. D:

It would kill the WoE scene AND the server. We can't let that happen.  /omg
To prevent this from happening, we the Payon Stories community have no choice but to ask for outside help. Our guilds simply cannot beat the p2w guild. Due to the custom WoE rules on our server, we cannot team up and ally with each other to fight them. We can only fight them head on and ultimately fail.

Is there any guild in our small but tight knit RO private server community who can beat this p2w guild? Please help our server. We would be immensely grateful to you and your members.  /lv

It wouldn't be so bad to lose to a group of friendly and respectful players, but p2w is far from that (save for a few exceptions). Here are some examples of trash talk that simply goes too far. Why do you have to talk down to us after you beat us? The following messages are all from p2w members, but we have blanked out their names so as to not publicly expose them. We try to be the better people.

And this is nothing compared to what happens in town after a WoE. You will often see tens of chatboxes all scattered over Payon (maintown) with the words; "EZGG" and "GG NOOBS". This happens EVERY single time. What happened to winning with class?

There are people claiming that this guild RMT's as well, but there are no confirmed reports so we will not delve into that. After all, everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

There are also some p2w members who are extremely rude to the Payon Stories WoE GM. To the point where we think it can be called bullying. It's really uncalled for, because these people are volunteers who try to create a better environment for us, the players. These are just some examples. It's really not nice.

staff edit: misleading topic title.
I am not associated with NovaRO.

Nova

Hello everyone! We would like to give you a quick update on the Payon Stories WoE scene and the improvements that we have made since the original post was created. A lot of things have happened during the last few weeks. Some positive, some negative, but mostly positive and that's great news!

Here are the WoE standings week after week after the OP was first created:

As you can see, week 5 was more of the same. Our guilds suffered and p2w pretty much ran through us quite easily. This was a couple days after we asked for help from the RO community so it was to be expected that there weren't any significant improvements. p2w ended up having more than double the amount of points compared to rank 1 and 2 combined. They also maintained two castles.

Here's week 6. We managed to break one of p2w's castles! The downside was that we had to work together, and since we are officially not allowed to work together on Payon Stories, we lost points...  /hmm
During these two weeks, we have had a bunch of new players willing to help us both from inside and outside our server. Things were looking very good.

Here's week 7 from last Saturday. WE DID IT. WE FINALLY BROKE THEIR ECONOMY. It literally took us 40 minutes of fighting and a lot of teamwork and preparation, but we did it. We broke their most important castle and managed to keep them out. It truly was very difficult, but we just came together with a common goal and finally managed to slay the giant if you will. Unfortunately as you can see, we again lost a lot of points due to penalties for our teamwork. But it was worth it!

We would like to thank everyone who helped us in the last two WoE's, especially the people who recently joined us from outside of Payon Stories! We can't even describe how grateful we are to you all. Let's hope this is the start of a grand new beginning and a fairer WoE for us all. Thank you!  /lv  /lv  /lv 

Btw, they (p2w) are making fun of us for having to work together to beat them. It was quite funny seeing them angry and upset for the first time since the start of the server.  /gg
Some examples below:

It's good to dish out some much earned karma! Of course we kept the teasing to a minimum and we've tried to be respectful even though it was very tempting to say some NOT so friendly things to them. Graceful in defeat and victory, that's how it should be.  /no1

iixe

Is this your first lowrate server with woe? There were so many servers out there where some guilds literally dominated the moment the stepped on it.
People are just bad as f*** and just because the game gets older these people are not getting any better. You need a winning mindset for this and its totally fine to make fun about the rest of the comp.

GG noobs

iMissDecentServers

You're really naive if you think the only thing they "dominate" (they don't, btw) is WoE and MvP. The group is notorious for "achieving" this in every server they play, with the only exception being Origins, as the server's staff there don't f*** around.

If you have any sense, you nor anybody else wouldn't be playing there to begin with... but you do you. Gonna leave it like that, do your digging :)

Blinzer

whatever, dude. the entire planet has witnessed you act like an awful human being on like 10000 occasions, trying to pretend like you care about anything out of the goodness of your heart now means nothing. maybe if you want help from good people, don't outright disrespect them for absolutely 0 reason.

distilled1

Quote from: Nova on Jul 16, 2023, 05:09 PM

Uhh... bro I'm going to have to ask you to stop drawing black wieners all over the screenshots please.
DOWN WITH MULTI-CLIENTING!

ForgotMyOldAccount

Quote from: iMissDecentServers on Jul 16, 2023, 07:18 PMIf you have any sense, you nor anybody else wouldn't be playing there to begin with... but you do you. Gonna leave it like that, do your digging :)
Exactly. Anyone with half a brain wouldn't be playing on that server anyway given it's terrible history. I can only hope and pray the server stays open as long as possible to contain all of it's toxic (and stupid) players in one place. Ciao.

Aeroskye

From what I see, there's no REAL proof of any sort of cheating.

They're just ill behaved people who are bloody good at the game & have the resources to force supremacy at the same time. There's nothing you can do.

The bullying is upon the staff to deal with. It's the same with potential cheating that may be going on. Nobody from the outside is gonna "save" the server.

If you don't like it, play elsewhere, there are a lot of good servers. Move with your friends.

SirVahn

Its more like the guild that playin there just afraid to challange them... I dont see any cheat on this.
Swordman lover

Neffletics

This happened in Solace when a Korean guild joined our server and everyone referred to them as cheaters because no guild could fight back. The guild leader even posts WoE videos, demonstrating that they are mechanically adept and understand the meta. They departed because they were tired of dealing with people who were disparaging them, calling them names, and failing to recognize their abilities. They are not impolite. When they speak, they are exceedingly courteous. It's just that no one can beat them.

The remaining members of that Korean guild then joined other guilds, and that guild dominated the server until we were CnD'd by our hosting due to GRAVITY.

The only option is to improve or move to another server.
solacero rip

SirVahn

Quote from: Neffletics on Jul 17, 2023, 02:58 PM
This happened in Solace when a Korean guild joined our server and everyone referred to them as cheaters because no guild could fight back. The guild leader even posts WoE videos, demonstrating that they are mechanically adept and understand the meta. They departed because they were tired of dealing with people who were disparaging them, calling them names, and failing to recognize their abilities. They are not impolite. When they speak, they are exceedingly courteous. It's just that no one can beat them.

The remaining members of that Korean guild then joined other guilds, and that guild dominated the server until we were CnD'd by our hosting due to GRAVITY.

The only option is to improve or move to another server.
True always hurts i guess quote with you.
Swordman lover

Xellie

Let me think:

Go play on a server full of people who were previously toxic, where someone is advertising its toxicity, after its previous iteration's admin was encouraging people to be toxic based on lies about people who didn't even play the server?

Ya.... tough one!

I'mma say no because I like trans, late episodes and rates around 5~10x

You can't convince me this isn't a psyop by p2w for more competition.
Quote from: Aurus on Feb 13, 2024, 07:44 PMp.s. you are such a bad and toxic player I hope to never see you or your guild again

Nova

Quote from: Xellie on Jul 18, 2023, 07:42 AM
Let me think:

Go play on a server full of people who were previously toxic, where someone is advertising its toxicity, after its previous iteration's admin was encouraging people to be toxic based on lies about people who didn't even play the server?

Ya.... tough one!

I'mma say no because I like trans, late episodes and rates around 5~10x

You can't convince me this isn't a psyop by p2w for more competition.

It really isn't Xellie. We are not blowing this matter out of proportion. You can see that from the current WoE standings as shown below:

There's frankly nothing we (our guilds) can do about it. We've already lowered ourselves enough by posting a public call for help so we really don't know what else to say or do. And it's not just us that p2w is talking trash about. We get the full brunt of it, but others are also being babbled about. Such as yourself and your guild:

Again, these are all p2m members and they are doing it publicly... /swt

Xellie

mmm free rent.

I see they haven't changed much. Beaten by a girl a few times and reliving it for a decade onward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81_6vDK-8lk

Fixed the video, that was the wrong one
Quote from: Aurus on Feb 13, 2024, 07:44 PMp.s. you are such a bad and toxic player I hope to never see you or your guild again

Nova

Quote from: Xellie on Jul 18, 2023, 09:16 AM
mmm free rent.

I see they haven't changed much. Beaten by a girl a few times and reliving it for a decade onward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AviaNFD1-xM

Can I ask you a question completely unrelated to any of this? Why are you playing a male assassin? I've never understood why people don't just play as their gender. For example when I play an RPG or MMO, I will always pick my own gender for immersion. Is this some type of new-age thing, I don't get it.  /hmm