Next Level Online!

Started by stepmania, Oct 20, 2007, 09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stepmania

Alright so this is how it started:
WoE (War of Emperium) happened out of no where like always. The GM's legit account took the prontera castle Kriemhild. I wanted to take it from him, i charged at him with a gypsy and a sniper.He was killed and i had my gypsy used the skill "Don't forget me",defending like anyone would defend their castle, it made him kinda annoyed cause he could defeat me as i take his castle. So he says "you rock, I will take out that skill". He did and you cant use that skill anywhere in the server.
I believed that the GM did that for his own benefit, WoE is made for team work and not about soloing the castle by yourself. He shouldn't have just taken out a skill cause he wanted to solo a castle, but he couldn't do it because a gypsy was there. He could have easily countered that, but he did it cheap way. In the end he failed to take it but that wasnt the case.
My friends guild has recruited a nice team with good team work. The GM doesn't care, i talked to another GM about this same topic, his answer was "good". Does that sound like nice GMs? I am serious, although i was pissed and logged b4 i took a screen shot. But all of this is true.
There are like 3 GMs of the many that are the "nice" ones, they help in good ways, i admire them. The others who do things for self benefit (FOR A CASTLE.....) just dont belong because community comes before WoE. A good community = a good woe. My guild has around 3 actual players online and we defend our castle very well.
Many people are jerks. On one of the reviews, i actually agree with this guy who said the some GMs aren't nice and i played for 2 months. The GM obviously doesn't understand how players feel and he calls everything BS. People will not waste their time writing LONG BS reviews. Such a waste of time. GMs ask the community what WE want and not what ONLY YOU want for your own benefit.

ragnarokfan

The guild was created by couple friends that known each other in real life. I am a member in that guild too.

This is what i said on the review:
"Was great at first, until... An "ro beginner" admin decided to go on his "legit" account, and always try to one man solo player's castles. He got pwned by players, got pissed because some skill like slow grace gave him "soloing" disadvantage. He nerf it right away. MMO, has its meaning, not a one-man game. So, think for urself. "

Here is the reply from the admin: (i believe its him that always try to solo)
"No it's not like that, your whole guild banked on that skill alone, just putting that at the spawn of the Emperium room and spamming range skills on everyone. Don't lie because your pissed."

Lets analysis what he said.

"No it's not like that, your whole guild banked on that skill alone, just putting that at the spawn of th Emperium room and spamming range skills on everyone."
Ok, i see nothing but whining of not knowing how to use Pneuma. If he did, we would probably get killed.

"Don't lie because your pissed."
Hey, you nerfed some skill that is totally normal. So is it our fault for having more knowledge than you, and other attackers?

You see his retarded excuse to nerf it? I bet i'm not the only one that knows how to counter that. At that time,(that woe) we were only using the dance called "Please dont forget me," we didnt even bother to loki at entrance. That means if he had a hp or champ to help him, range attack wouldnt be a problem at all. (not to mention he got range skill class too, why QQ over we using range skill? We didnt even bother to get Hp to pneu) Even with loki, u still can easily counter that.(I wont tell people how to, discover it yourself. But i know it can, base on my experience) "Don't lie because your pissed." RofLol? He need to think before he talk, because seriously, HE nerfed something because we killed him with that. He was pissed, without thinking and knowing that it can easliy be countered if he work as a group. I totally did not know that i'm pissed. Maybe I'm pissed because i just can't believe a great server would have an admin that doenst think clearly and let smoke cover up his judgement?

Not just that, GM use Event as award to get us to vote. "No vote, no event." How messed up can it be? Isn't that kinda like bribing players to vote?
I hope to see improvement of that server. Actually, the server itself got no problem, but some gm/s are creating problems.

stepmania

Very well said couldn't have said it better myself. i love this server but the admin..is just EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I hope to see improvement too. Give us back our skill and just nerf the skill, dont just change it to a passive skill, shows how much of a sore loser you are. Also tarot card is taken out, I know it is cheap, then NERF it, take out the coma effect leave the rest. Learn to see how things work out b4 taking them like...nerf it, then nerf if HAVE to and then nerf it again, dont completely take it out, thats just not right.

ragnarokfan

Actually, i wouldnt blame them to just nerf the whole tarot card skill since it takes a lot of work to change effect of a skill.

Also, if anyone think i'm lying about the rating, go test out the server. Please, do so.

Also to remind again, me and stepmania is a totally different person. Please administrator, stop deleting his review. We are different individual, we are not here to purposely ruin the server's rating, but to tell how we think about that server. If we see improvement, we change our rating.

i will analysis my rating, to those who think i'm lying about or pissed at the server. (I wouldnt even do little kid stuff)

Server
Stability: 9 -Yes, i agree the server is very stable.
Availability: 9  -Yes, i agree the server rarely down.

Community
Friendliness: 5 -Nope, jerks everywhere. Cocky people think they are pro because they got some equips, and just look down on new comers.
Eventfulness: 3  -Got a lot at first, less lately. (I should change it higher since the admin read my rating, and that admin hosted couple events today just to counter what i said.:P

Game Masters
Friendliness: 2 -Nope. Mean admin/gm. I wouldnt say all are mean, but i can only find one nice gm. The rest only favor their friends. Sorry, i will never suck up the gm. =P And gm/admin should never be bia and favor their friends.
Availability: 4 -Not always on, even they are, they are busy with the server stuff. (Yup, hard working i would say)
Helpfulness: 7  -Pretty helpful, answer my questions most of the time.

Game-play
Economy: 1 -Just suck, you come take a look.
Guild Competition: 1 -No competition at all.
Class Balance: 7  -One admin out of the three worked very hard to try to balance out the class, pretty much the server deserve this.

So, after seeing how i did my rating, dont pull the bia/pissed crap on me, i rate the server base on what i see.

Skotlex

I wonderif this belongs into the server reviews section?

Anyway... bad GMs spoiling a server is nothing new... it happens in more servers than you can imagine :/ I suppose it is because a lot of the private servers out there are ran by teenagers, and many of these teenagers have yet to mature, therefore the chance of finding unfair/lame/ignorant GMs in the RO private server community is rather high.

Usually there are a few outcomes which could resolve this kind of situation:
- Talk sense into the actual GM so s/he will grow up and be more fair and less elitist/selfish.
- Make a case with the actual admin so the GM in question gets some kind of punishment until he gets how to behave.
- Leave the server if these people can't be fixed and they insist in ruining your gaming experience.

If the community is also bad, that is much harder to fix, I don't think there's really a way to mass brainwash a population into understanding that being elitist and selfish is just pushing for a "everybody plays for themselves" attitude, and a MMORPG should really be about social interaction... and when said interaction is limited to "who pwned who" it kinda takes away the appeal of it (IMO).

Unless you can have fun playing by yourself or with your friends, the actual community is a pretty important factor... same goes for GMs, unless you can stay clear and out of their way, bad GMs will also ruin your experience. If the admin cares for the server as much as he seems to do (from the balancing talks you gave) he should consider doing something about these things, starting with the GMs.

(RMS reviews)

stepmania

yeah i hope the GM could learn some sense in helping the community, people need help and he goes killling people in pvp lol

ragnarokfan

Yeah, the admin just hated our guild after we killed him with teamwork. Its funny because one time i was in pvp, that same old (like always) admin called me a "noob" for using spider web/Sw and not allowing him to dmg me with his 20k weighted cart CT. This is what he said: "Noob, [...] I only see one person is doing dmg." I'm sorry that i dont play alone. My professor was made to work with my guildmates. I'm not using it to kill people alone, but to make it easier for my guildmates to kill invaders. (I am glad that he didn't nerf spider webs u_u;;..)
Lol
I might not be skilled, but I know for sure i am a noob if i let him CT me. (Which professor would dare to tank it and without dying? No berry, no seeds.)
I also can't believe that word would come out of an Admin's mouth, maybe he doesn't know how that word can drive away players?

I don't know if this is a report, maybe it can be? But we were just trying to discuss with other people to see who is right. And also prove to others that what the admin wrote is just plain bs of defending his action and server.

stepmania

Lol! what a rude GM, someone teach him a lesson on how to be a GM :DDDD

Karma1

You know why it was taken out? Because all your guild did to take anything was get a gypsy with range resist and just walk around with that while the rest of your pathetic guild tried killing people, even with it you lost to my LEGIT* and it wasn't just me, I had 13 requests from players after you used that to take it out, so I did until I found a way to nerf it. Don't like it? don't post bogus crap about my server here and move on, how old are you honestly?

stepmania

Dont worry about my age, that shouldnt be important to you. They wanted it out....b/c they arent the ones using the skill, if they were the ones using that skill, and it is taken out, then obviously they would feel the same as me.

Even so, nerfing it wouldnt be a problem, making it weaker, its better than taking it out, just so you can come into our castle and try to take it, and you still failed. Failed with all of your chars. My guildmates and I work as a team, not like you, trying to solo our castle after taking out a skill. Dont say you can beat us lol. You didn't, you probably could, but you didnt you got killed instead.

Karma1

Read what I put in the other topic, I don't know how to nerf it without making it too crappy.

ragnarokfan

just wonder, why nerf is necessary when you can Lp to block it.

Karma1

This is getting way off hand, but anyway, I was thinking an element, but then you could just change it with converters n junk, anyway, you were the only one to complain about it being gone and since you left, I wont worry about it until more issues come up.