kRO implemented DX9 support

Started by betwixtbetween, Sep 08, 2023, 12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2k2

There's still a lot to improve, but this is something at least and looks super juicy

Can't wait to see the performance comparison on a WoE setting
Find me here:

OrcLordDaddy

Wow DX9 in the year 2023!
They're really up to modern standards!

And yet, in the videos the performance still sucks lol, and I bet you all the money in the world the old confusion effect will still kill the fps on that.

Suspension

Quote from: OrcLordDaddy on Sep 08, 2023, 01:34 PMAnd yet, in the videos the performance still sucks lol, and I bet you all the money in the world the old confusion effect will still kill the fps on that.
Probably because RO is CPU intensive for what it is. Also, synchronously loading so many assets at once kills performance.
Quote from: exii on Jun 27, 2015, 06:07 AM
If you think casting quag is a good idea you or your guild heavily failed to create a viable guild rost.

OrcLordDaddy

One thing I wonder is:

Will the performance be even better if you use dgVoodoo2 with it?

With DirectX 9, it should also be possible to use "DXVK" (DirectX to Vulkan). It would be really interesting if DXVK would increase the performance even more than dgVoodoo2.

munkrej

Quote from: OrcLordDaddy on Oct 23, 2023, 06:33 PMOne thing I wonder is:

Will the performance be even better if you use dgVoodoo2 with it?

With DirectX 9, it should also be possible to use "DXVK" (DirectX to Vulkan). It would be really interesting if DXVK would increase the performance even more than dgVoodoo2.

From currently testing exactly this it seems using dgvoodoo2 ontop of the native dx9 support improves performance even more as well as solves some dx9-glitchiness.

And as far as I know the same goes for dxvk. (dgvoodo2 feels smoother than dxvk in my tests)

betwixtbetween

jRO DX9 1440p Prontera framerate

jRO implemented DX9 on their client and it had the worst performance so far in prontera.

OrcLordDaddy

iRO got the DX9 update today and it runs really smooth.
They still don't allow dgVoodoo2 because of their anti-cheat, but at least there is DX9 now.

Too bad, if ever they decide to do a Classic Server again, that one won't have DX9 :I

You still have to use /skip though to turn off Frame Skipping for it to be really smooth.