Is classic vibes of ragnarok has been forgotten?

Started by ragnafiles, Sep 01, 2023, 02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragnafiles

Quote from: oldinroplayer on Sep 02, 2023, 10:01 AMI think he did drop firebrand, atleast as per this guide, again not sure how accurate the guide itself is.

Nah, i think that guide leads to kRO version, which had future updates than other country.
In that year, eddga was not dropped katar. because katar element isn't available on comodo patch.
I have old emu from my old pc, not pretty sure this emu but likely it's coded like eA. eddga wasn't drop firebrand. and clock tower has lot of missing mobs and sprites error (assuming this emu was made on pre comodo)

Quote from: Playtester on Sep 02, 2023, 07:57 AMActually those monsters stats look like episode 1 or 2. On those episode all empty drop slots had "Apple" at 0% because Aegis doesn't allow for having an empty drop slot. But due to a drop bug even 0% drops still had a chance to drop. So you could actually get apples from monsters that were even more rare than a card.

yep. got the db from yours on rA thanks to you! it's accurate to my old emu

Playtester

Quote from: oldinroplayer on Sep 02, 2023, 10:02 AMoh wow, this is good to know. Was this specific to older versions of AEGIS? also the drop bug you're talking about is the same one which made cards actually drop at 0.02% rather than the intended 0.01% or is this something else?
Yes, similar reason.

I don't know how long the drop bug existed, but I still got apple drops on euRO when turtle island was added.

Metan

Quote from: Playtester on Sep 01, 2023, 04:55 PMMonster stats from before episode 10 is the thing I always check first to see if a server is truly classic.

I even made a thread about that a while ago: https://forum.ratemyserver.net/server-discussion/classic-and-pre-renewal-close-to-official-servers-not-so-official-after-all/
Interesting thread, thanks for sharing.

I'm not going to necro it, so I'll just add here that three other things worth checking are monster skills, monster stats and game mechanics. Some mechanics (like most Monster skills being treated as melee/ranged based on distance, and not on the skills themselves, and lord knows how much I hate this), skills (certain MVPs having Power Up, 2HQ, Hell's Judgement, Earthquake, Spiral Pierce, status AoEs, etc; and Bio3 monsters having certain skills/conditions, like Seyren and Spiral Pierce, Eremes and SBk, Margaretha and casting Assumptio not just on herself) and even stat changes (OL, DL and some others with enhanced HP, most MVPs having just 30 vit, Thanatos having just 445k HP (though that's probably for the best, lol)) can be found in "classic" servers even though all of these and some more were implemented much later in the game.

I get that some of these are understandable and a lot of people would get really confused over SW not blocking ranged skills in melee range, but still.

Playtester

I always thought that range thing was just a bug in eAthena, but since I only had a chance to test on episode 11.3 and later, I cannot really tell. Episode 11.3 and after, it definitely depends on skill range rather than on distance. I remember there were some interesting exceptions like monster using Arrow Shower.

Oh yeah documented it all here: https://github.com/rathena/rathena/issues/915

misterj

The ancient client is a miserable experience. Chats are unconfigurable and setting up your BM is a nightmare (plus you're minus 9 slots, ick!). What episode mob stats/spawns/items do you want? I can get you proper versions from just about any episode.

Metan

Quote from: Playtester on Oct 03, 2023, 04:23 PMI always thought that range thing was just a bug in eAthena, but since I only had a chance to test on episode 11.3 and later, I cannot really tell. Episode 11.3 and after, it definitely depends on skill range rather than on distance. I remember there were some interesting exceptions like monster using Arrow Shower.

Oh yeah documented it all here: https://github.com/rathena/rathena/issues/915
You may be right. eAthena had so many bugs that I'd always taken for, uh, features, that I wouldn't discard that just being a bug they eventually fixed; also because I can't seem to find any changelogs regarding that specific change. One of those things you take for certain, until you finally look into it and it's not really as you thought, lol.

And damn, it's from 2016 and still seems unresolved. "priority:low" indeed. To my knowledge, Spiral Pierce is also one of those forced skills (in this case, forced range).

Playtester

I fixed the bugs January 24th 2016. You can see that at the bottom before aleos added the tags.

ragnafiles

Quote from: misterj on Oct 03, 2023, 06:24 PMThe ancient client is a miserable experience. Chats are unconfigurable and setting up your BM is a nightmare (plus you're minus 9 slots, ick!). What episode mob stats/spawns/items do you want? I can get you proper versions from just about any episode.

Just re-read older replies and no one a big fan of old client, giving my new insight about it XD.
OMG where you got all these episode content data? seems there's a more legend player than me haha  /no1

Quote from: Playtester on Oct 04, 2023, 03:36 PMI fixed the bugs January 24th 2016. You can see that at the bottom before aleos added the tags.
what a legend. when i developing  this project and saw some of src codes there's a lot of credits to you in certain code. big fan.

Orange

Random question I can't be bothered looking up that I'm sure somewhere here can answer; When were hunter flies added to a lot of maps(ie gef_dun01) ?
:3

Playtester

Quote from: Orange on Nov 17, 2023, 08:28 AMRandom question I can't be bothered looking up that I'm sure somewhere here can answer; When were hunter flies added to a lot of maps(ie gef_dun01) ?
Episode 8 (2004 February 23)