iRO stat reset

Started by superja, May 13, 2008, 10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superja

Ok, well some of us believe stat resetters are the bane of the hardcore RO player; i.e. Blacksmith + Creator can level on battle builds, then switch to forger/potter when they hit max, which takes away the challenge of playing as one of them.

iRO recently started offering a 20 point stat reset. This would mean that if you accidentally did something stupid (omg I put the points in INT not VIT, or something) you can fix your character, but not enough that it takes all challenge out of leveling.

I'm surprised I haven't seen this or something like it yet on a private server, or maybe I just haven't been looking?

Discuss :)

omg dam why didn't i think of that?!?!?!?!
lol i think thats a totally awsome idea!!!

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Yes it is.

That aside, they already had a pool "Would you pay for a full stat reset" for the longest time, so I expect that coming up next.

Ashe

Quote from: Anti-Static Foam Cleaner on May 14, 2008, 01:00 AM
Yes it is.

That aside, they already had a pool "Would you pay for a full stat reset" for the longest time, so I expect that coming up next.

Heimdallr [The iRO community manager/Game Master] said there would never be a full stat reset option.
However, I'm pretty excited for it. AGI goes off of sin, STR goes on.
edited

Shinn

Quote from: superja on May 13, 2008, 10:59 PM

I'm surprised I haven't seen this or something like it yet on a private server, or maybe I just haven't been looking?

Discuss :)

Well problem with that is..most of the time people who play p-servers are so use to another p-servers customs..like for example in my server we disabled @autoloot...and it's not doing as so good so now we are working on changing the source code  bit to add it in...now if we didn't have a rester...that would kill us even more >_> since I'd say 75% of people who play p-servers want them? (estimate) since my server is a low rate we decided to make it so that everytime you use it..it gets more and more expensive..now in a low rate p-server...it hurts to keep using it =P

cause after all the drama, I still slain em.

Need a site done? contact me.

HuiJun

yeah i read about that on the iRO forums. it's only 20 points from one stat so for example, str 97 -> 77 and put it somewhere else. also, it's only available every 3 months i believe.

Quote from: Loki on Nov 11, 2008, 12:01 AM
You're one slick gal, JJJ.

Ashe

Quote from: hanhuijun on May 14, 2008, 06:39 PM
yeah i read about that on the iRO forums. it's only 20 points from one stat so for example, str 97 -> 77 and put it somewhere else. also, it's only available every 3 months i believe.
Righto. :]
edited