How do you get an initial population anyway?

Started by Skotlex, Jun 29, 2007, 04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skotlex

So if I must choose between spending my time working on the server, playing on the server, or messing around in the world of RO emulators, only the third one will work? That's sad in a way.

I would hope other players can help do the advertising, I have enough working on the server and my life, while trying to fit in some time to play :< Gah, I don't even have time to help eA as it is, and eA is in quite a sad state from what I have seen.

(RMS reviews)

Lore

I'm sure your players can help. Just give them a little nudge. Running a server is a team effort after all right? One needs an admin and players

Pandora

Nice feedback, thanks Lore, I'm sure it's helpful to many people.

@Skotlex.. delegate some stuff ^^ or make a contest for your players to make you a nice website and banners? I'm sure you can find one to help, mouRO is loved by its players ^_^
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

~~T~~

Quote from: Pandora on Jun 26, 2008, 09:17 AM

@Skotlex.. delegate some stuff ^^ or make a contest for your players to make you a nice website and banners? I'm sure you can find one to help, mouRO is loved by its players ^_^
Lolwatt, it isn't the best, but I think still nice :3

Pandora

Didn't know mouro had a website now, it didnt before :P

Yeah it's nice ^_^
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

Dew

Skot know of a website maker/artist. She's a player.. or at least used to be. From france so.. lol, meet up with her or w/e

http://candydolls.free.fr/galerie2.htm

Not the standard cutesy anime pics we grow tired of. Site looks nice no?
Personally don't care about how sites look.. I read through the general changes and was amazed. No amount of hawtness can beat that. Plus I like how I'm not "forced" to vote. Of course RO is full of anime fanboys 'n girls who just got to have some eyecandy. Ahwell.. can't hurt I guess.

And Mou population is low.. cause it's unfamiliar. So many times I have to explain the same things over and over again. It's all written on forums.. and now on the site as well. It's just that.. average Ro players are stupid.. dumb, ignorant... don't want to read which isn't so bad since its a game and all... you created a server that requires allot more thought you would expect from someone Casual.

Some things...
1. Newby guide.. where to go, how to use @diff. And a TOWN MAP, people ask me way too often where to find this or that. Could be an Npc... just remove the one ou made in valk room to near the exit. When people walk there they would get something like a Forced explain of how to play.

New MouRo site! Interested? take a friend allong and have some fun.... all info is listed there.
http://www.mou-ro.net/
It's just too awesome... GOGOGOOO!

~~T~~

MouRO lacks animu, fanservice, and huge eyed girls with the default :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Smile.
I admit MouRO kind of make me have a headache sometimes, Even If I read a lot, I can't really get it, I prefer reading on forums.
Sure, the NPCs are very good at introducing, but you need to waste a lot of time to read all changes, and I don't think people like reading.
(Hmmm! How can the server be dead... 19 players...)

bulbasteve

Well that gets to the whole "no gm" thing. As dedicated to and loved as a server might be it sadly seems a lot of people need to have the "hey I could become a gm!" carrot in front of them to work on something. You can't really delegate when there is no actual staff to delegate to, right?

Lore

Quote from: bulbasteve on Jun 26, 2008, 07:15 PM

Well that gets to the whole "no gm" thing. As dedicated to and loved as a server might be it sadly seems a lot of people need to have the "hey I could become a gm!" carrot in front of them to work on something. You can't really delegate when there is no actual staff to delegate to, right?

Well. i think you're doing a pretty good job...

Pandora

Hmmm it depends. I have a "test&development" section on my server and players apply if they wanna help. It's true however that when we consider hiring a new gm we look at who helps in that section so the whole "gm carrot" is still there in a way, still there are players who help regardless, so it's not impossible to get help from non-gms ^_^

Skotlex

Dew... yeah..but that person.. charges so much for website design :< Even if I am a student, I am not going to pay the discounted fee, it's just so expensive x_x; (quite a few hundred Euro).

The forums were originally made by Lord Galcian who offered to maintain them. The new forums were originally made by Scerez who offered to maintain them. And now the new website is managed by Blazer who offered to maintain it.

See a pattern here? :P There's a page with the different banners, and I made two of them, the rest were made by others and I just added them to the list.

My only concern is that sometimes I am expected to do all the advertising, when my time is already quite coped by doing the developing when I can :x

(RMS reviews)

Rehael

Quote from: Skotlex on Jun 27, 2008, 12:32 PM
Dew... yeah..but that person.. charges so much for website design :< Even if I am a student, I am not going to pay the discounted fee, it's just so expensive x_x; (quite a few hundred Euro).

The forums were originally made by Lord Galcian who offered to maintain them. The new forums were originally made by Scerez who offered to maintain them. And now the new website is managed by Blazer who offered to maintain it.

See a pattern here? :P There's a page with the different banners, and I made two of them, the rest were made by others and I just added them to the list.

My only concern is that sometimes I am expected to do all the advertising, when my time is already quite coped by doing the developing when I can :x

Recrute des gens capables ...
The Greatest Server is in preparation phase : http://valiantro.com
Setting the standard so high the other servers will look like noob stuff. ;)

Pandora

I think your players are advertising already, I mean bulba is here often talking about mouro, and I see others too. For a 15 players average server it's pretty well known in this community ;)

Why are you posting in french Rahael?

bulbasteve

Well hmm that gets back to the original point of the post, how the heck do we get topics popping up here with people talking about how such and such a server is opening in a few weeks and everyone wants to join. There are no topics aside from that discussion here so people had to find out about it somehow....so how is it! Other forums? (which ones!) friends? Spam email?

MrrgleCaek

Quote from: bulbasteve on Jun 27, 2008, 06:26 PM
Well hmm that gets back to the original point of the post, how the heck do we get topics popping up here with people talking about how such and such a server is opening in a few weeks and everyone wants to join. There are no topics aside from that discussion here so people had to find out about it somehow....so how is it! Other forums? (which ones!) friends? Spam email?

Add in 'kawaii' items and rumours? Kids seem to enjoy those things these days.