Fake Gravity Staff Message

Started by asdfqwerty123, Apr 14, 2008, 12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asdfqwerty123

Don't be fooled, it's just fake.  Be wary of the fake Gravity representative.
It's someone trying to shut down competition.

INFO
[email protected]
Probably a proxy
67.159.44.97   US   UNITED STATES      NEW YORK   NEW YORK   FDC SERVERS.NET LLC

Quote from: Annonymushello this is Chin-Hwa i am a representative of gravity corp (Ragnarök online) please terminate this server or repaired to be heavily prosecuted

for copy right please read

Intellectual Property:

including but not limited to, all communication features of Gravity contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information including, but not limited to, any titles, text, software, photographs, video, graphics, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialog, catch phrases, locations, concepts, artwork, character inventories, structural or landscape designs, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, storylines, character likenesses, methods of operation, moral rights, any related documentation, and "applets" incorporated into the Game and the entire contents of Gravity and each area contained therein are copyrighted as a collective work and exclusively owned and licensed by Gravity and protected by the copyright laws of the United States, international copyright treaties and conventions, and other laws. All rights are reserved. thank you for your time you can contact us as soon as possible to get further information http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/utility/contact.asp

Copyright © 2002-2006 Gravity Corp. & Lee Myoungjin.
Copyright © 2002-2006 Gravity Interactive, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

I want proof of identification, you have to understand that we get a lot of bogus messages, and the authenticity of this message comes into question. It is illegal to impersonate a real person, and I hope this is not the case.

"repaired to be heavily prosecuted"
Don't you mean prepare?
You seriously believe I'll think this is a legit request "Anonymous" (I'm sorry, "Annonymus", you can't even spell correctly)?

Your name is mentioned no where on any website, your sentences start with lowercase letters, there are obvious content errors, you posted a copyright from 2006, you contacted me even though I don't have any legal responsibility what-so-ever anyway, the notice isn't the official terms of service of iRO, and anyway we don't host anything illegal on our website, and eAthena was coded independently of AEGIS and is entirely legal.

I do not own or host anything, I simple created legal text file scripts to add to a legal server.

If you want links removed for custom made player content, you're asking the wrong person, those files are hosted on FileFront and other free hosting sites and can be reported respectively.

My conclusion is that this is a bogus message yet again.

Have a nice day.

Mewi

1.  This person needs to check their grammar before sending such things.

2.  Gravity needs to update their copyright "Copyright © 2002-2006 " lol

mickiedeez

What kind of RETARD would fall for this crap.  Even better, what kind of REATRD would send this crap.  No punctuation, or grammar, and words are mixed up.  Get a life you douche bag(I'm refferring to the sender ^^)
Quote from: Temjin on Feb 16, 2010, 12:07 PM
You are a f*** idiot. Why you even bother to post here, I will never know. It is BEYOND ME.

i agree the grammar is really a dead give away Dx

oh and gravity wouldn't seen out a single email if they were to kill private servers /swt

Valiance

Kudos to you x100
This guy was retarded <.< I seriously want to know what server he runs...because I want to raid it. How dumb does he think we are?

Gravity KNOWS they cant get rid of private servers, I think they found that out in a law suit against eA along time ago didnt they? No idea but this guy didnt even spell words right, rofl much?

Denia

Didn't the same kind of deal happen back a while ago? o_O

Valiance

I wouldnt be surprised now-a-days. Whoever got this messege, just to b**** their donkey...report this crap to gravity. There is a 20% chance they MIGHT do something about it, since he is pretending to be gravity corp. Then their is the other 80% chance they dont do anything, since he is helping get rid of private servers, that are destroying their business and ruining all of their hard work. but hey, there always is that chance, and it cant hurt :P

superja

Quotehelping get rid of private servers

I pity the poor fool who thinks this is real.

Newsflash, kids... when people send you a letter where they really want to scare you (WE MEANS BUSINESS), they tend to spellcheck AT LEAST once before they send it.

Besides, a lot of private servers never take a dime from their players. What exactly can Gravity sue them for? Not making money? I can understand if a massive private server that rakes in serveral K a month gets shut down, yeah, it's worth Gravity taking them to court... But most private server players wouldn't play the game if it cost them anything.

sides theres no way gravity would bother taking a private server to court ....

the only way they would ever take a private server to court would be if like the server owner was insanely rich..... where they'd be able to actually MAKE money off of suing them..... (lawyers and all cost a lot...)

and even if they could make money off of suing i really doubt they'd bother to take the effort to do it

Johnsu89

Anthem got something like this once. Someone tried to impersonate our old server owner, and get our players to play their servers.

Kudos Zairik.

I dont play RO anymore.

superja

Yeah, I remember a gm on there once explaining over a broadcast that Anima was in fact illegal and if we didn't want to get charged, we should play server ______.

As far as I can tell, it didn't hurt them. That was quite a while ago (like when I first started playing RO and Anima was still new-ish @.@ )

HuiJun

I'm so repaired to be heavily prosecuted.

Quote from: Loki on Nov 11, 2008, 12:01 AM
You're one slick gal, JJJ.

lol this reminds me of the email i just got lol.....

i got some random email from someone calming to be the owners of msn.... saying that msn was gona start charging ppl for usage XD
and just like this they failed to use spell check rofl

anyway my mentioning that DOES have a point.....
there are tons and tons of random scam/crap emails sent everyday
you just can't trust half the stuff ppl send u =/

superja

Quotei got some random email from someone calming to be the owners of msn.... saying that msn was gona start charging ppl for usage XD
and just like this they failed to use spell check rofl

I HATE that one xP, it's been going around for years, and msn is still free. *rolls eyes*

Note to would-be scammers: Sounding legit really helps. Spell check is your friend.

Lilith

This sounds somewhat familiar.

Though this isn't the same thing, it's still similar in some aspects to the recent 'hacking' of LegacyRO. Recently, the server was forced to merge ( website + server were on the same host ) temporarily due to funding issues. About a week ago, strange messages were displayed in game. It didn't look as though the messages were displayed via the normal broadcast commands that a GM would use. They came all at once, and they weren't LRO friendly;

"This is an illegal server.
Shut down and wipe is imminent.
Try ragnarokonline.com"

GMs were online at the time, letting players know they should simply disregard the messages. They also later confirmed that no one else had access to the database. Shortly after, the website and forums were taken down, though the server remained up. The next day, the server was taken down once more, and the back ups were tampered with.

Later on it was discovered that the 'hacking' originated from a direct injection by SMPT through the LRO mailserver - so the head GM decided to separate the servers once more. The players really wanted to see LRO come back, so the server re-opened a few days ago.

Actually there's more to it, but I'd like to talk to one of the RMS Admins in private about it. xP

Anyway, I know Gravity had nothing to do with what happened to LRO. I suppose people just can't grow up and let other servers be successful.

P.S. I wasn't playing LRO, I've just seen screens and talked to the administrators of LRO. Rest assured everything in this post is accurate though.
some things never change.