Different multipliers

Started by Anti-Static Foam Cleaner, Mar 01, 2008, 10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

I always wondered why so many servers use different multipliers(I.e. Base is x5, but item is x3 or somesuch). You'd think using just one multiplier for everything would be most popular choice. So far I only heard explanation for items("So that some items are not 100% drop") and even though I can't say I agree with it I can understand it - but why change job rates?

MWright967

Because they see the drop rate as too high to match up with the base/job EXP rate.

Quote from: MWright967 on Mar 02, 2008, 12:50 PM
Because they see the drop rate as too high to match up with the base/job EXP rate.
agreed.....

usually exp is a lot greater then the drop rates.... just cause ... well just cause XD

MWright967

Quote from: JJJ on Mar 02, 2008, 02:31 PM
Quote from: MWright967 on Mar 02, 2008, 12:50 PM
agreed.....

usually exp is a lot greater then the drop rates.... just cause ... well just cause XD

Because leveling is a lot harder than finding items (usually)

superja

Changing up the multipliers gives the game a different feel.

For example, my server uses a different stat bonus table for jobs, so your stats are much more dependent on what class you are than your base level. So I use 1x/10x/5x. This way you still work damn hard for your base, and the increased stats from getting better at your job help you out in the leveling department. Why 5x drop? Don't know, it seems like a good number. Lower than 5 was way too low for us, because none of us are really hardcore (omgz I spend 26 hours a day on RO kind of thing) but any higher than that makes it too easy.

I don't know if you meant "Why change job rates" as "Why change drop rates" but anyways I changed the job rates because most monsters give crappy job exp, and most people would rather be a level 37/20 priest than still be an acolyte at level 60... (at 1x base rates? kinda painful)

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Pandora

Quote from: ServerRater on Jun 26, 2008, 03:47 PM
AnthemRO is the worst server, I have ever been on. GMs are corrupt & Community Sucks. It's like WW1
Ok.. but what does that have to do with the topic? /swt

Item drop rate is usually lower, for balance issues, economy, etc.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Lore

Quote from: Anti-Static Foam Cleaner on Jun 26, 2008, 03:57 PM
Ingenious.

I lol'ed.

Anyhow superja got it right. It's all about tweaking things to make some parts easier while keeping the main parts hard.

~~T~~

Job = Can go ifinite
Base = Can go ifinite
Drop = 100% Max.

So they low Drop because its a lower cap.

Rehael

But the notion superja mentioned seems to ignore the fact that droping items is also done while leveling.
So making a difference between any of them will make one harder than the other & create a difference, esp when the difference is >= 2.
The Greatest Server is in preparation phase : http://valiantro.com
Setting the standard so high the other servers will look like noob stuff. ;)

superja

Well I don't mind level-grinding, but I hate equip hunting. So there's the easy answer to that. A lot of monsters drop cards that I want, but I'd never spend hours leveling off of them (i.e. fabre, pupa, drops). Especially because it's me and a few friends that party all the time, so they're not thrilled at the idea of whacking novice bait when we could be at glast heim...

Anyways, I'm not saying I have the perfect system. It works for me and the way I like to play. It was just an example of why people might change modifiers.

Rehael

Quote from: superja on Jun 27, 2008, 12:13 PM
Well I don't mind level-grinding, but I hate equip hunting. So there's the easy answer to that. A lot of monsters drop cards that I want, but I'd never spend hours leveling off of them (i.e. fabre, pupa, drops). Especially because it's me and a few friends that party all the time, so they're not thrilled at the idea of whacking novice bait when we could be at glast heim...

Anyways, I'm not saying I have the perfect system. It works for me and the way I like to play. It was just an example of why people might change modifiers.

That's a personal preference & it really does RADICALLY change the game play.
The Greatest Server is in preparation phase : http://valiantro.com
Setting the standard so high the other servers will look like noob stuff. ;)