derRO unfair GMs

Started by Xamata, Aug 11, 2007, 06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xamata

Well to put it simply, der the owner of derRO has asked many guilds leaders on his server to leave and than bans them.  I know he thinks he doing what's right but he's banning people with no good reason except his own assumptions.  Not that this matters as his server is dying, but for the future his claims of a non corrupt GM team is wrong and I was deceived.

Incident, me arguing with GM team for weeks, when I go to quit I dropping items in town.  Some spammer advertises and says bad things about derRO....  than I'm banned from server/forum and irc without reason or warning.  This happened to another, and in the past too less than a month ago.

and I posting here since.... I was banned from all and not told why.

Jory

Why are those guild leaders being asked to leave?

Raou

You were quitting anyways, so why complain now?  It sounds to me like you have a personal vendetta against Der.  His server is donation and corruption free.  Of course you can spin the word corruption any which way you want to make people fall under that catagory.  I've seen a much similar set of events a few times before.  People take advantage of a non-corrupt GM by thinking they can say what they want and do what they want and get away with it.  I don't really know the details, but what I gather from your post and filling in the gaps, it seems to me that you were being belligerent to the staff for weeks.  Was this "dropping" a third party speed dropping program, a plugin for Bleep-Kore or something?  That would get you banned pretty well.  I wouldn't put it beyond possibility that you were the one wronged, but I would honestly be suprised if Der did that to you without good reason.  The only reasons I don't play his server is because of rates, things like no @autoloot, and the PvP is a bit lame.  Some people are simply a nuisance to a server, and the server as a whole would be a lot better without them.

Xamata

Raou unfortunately you fail at trying to fabricate something :P

No I didn't use some spam program to drop my s*** on his server, nor do I have a vendetta.  I was derRO's most active player and voiced my opinion publicly often that the server was not doing well and the direction needed to be fixed.  I guess the GMs didn't like my suggestions and said I was a nuisance as I kept persisting.  When I was leaving I posted a list, 1/2 the guilds of the server (the top 1/2 so all the big ones) had already left the server, also the population was 1/5 that of when the server opened.  I play too much, and all my time was being wasted as they ran the server into the ground.  I had seen other guild leaders leave, and heard der had been "asking" people to leave his server.  Lo and behold when it came time to ask me to leave, it came with a ban.  I was merely dropping my stuff in town like alot of other ppl do when they quit.

I brought ppl to his server and he believes I was trying to ruin his server by talking about the current conditions.  All they told me over and over was to stfu and wait and see, and I saw the server pretty much dead in 5 weeks.  If you want a personal atk, imo der can run a server technically but is a complete donkey with the community, why would his most active player running a big guild want to leave so shortly??  Instead of assuming ppl are out to ruin everything, gotta learn to work with ppl.  anyways, I'm here fuming since he banned me on irc, forums, game without a reason except for not liking me when it served his purpose.

bulbasteve

I didn't even know there was such a thing as fair GMs  ;D

Regardless of how good of GMs there are, at least one situation is going to slip by where they ban someone and it comes back to bite them that they didn't have good cause and drama ensues. The only way to avoid it is just play on a no-gm or very very limited power for gms server.

i'm rather curious wats going on with derRO but from wat i've heard der has asked a certain guild to leave his server then (possibly) banned those people so it seems that theres been alot of flaming of that server and alot of people seem to be leaving the server not that its dying or anything its just so i'm just wondering wat in the world is going on at der RO

devow

So you wasted time playing on their server, asked your friends to join, made new friends, etc etc, then the server turned to crap. Too bad. This happens all the time.

The server doesnt owe you anything, even on a donation server. Even if you  helped the server out in your own way, it still doesnt entitle you for anything.

So the GM bans people left and right, so what? RO servers are a dictatorship, they own the server they can do anything they want. Even if you are the most active, most helpful, most whatever.. it doesnt give you a right whatsoever, or to make demands for this and that.

In the end, its always the players fault (ie. for playing on a server that turns to s***, getting scammed ingame, scammed from donations, hacked, banned, etc etc...)

Skotlex

That is an extremely cynical point of view. Like blaming women for letting themselves be raped :B

(RMS reviews)

Transcend

Quote from: Skotlex on Aug 22, 2007, 09:15 AM
That is an extremely cynical point of view. Like blaming women for letting themselves be raped :B
huhu hahah huh auhah XD Why did you choose this example....
Bah there are some admins out there that aren t on donkey :S

kopono

There will always be 2 kinds of GMs and 2 kinds of players.

1st kind of GM, is the ones who take things seriously and everyone seriously, even their server. They can be nice or mean, short or tall, skinny or fat.

2nd kind of GM, is the boastful one who always says things, all talk with no actions. And if there are things being done, they'll make a really big deal out of it. And they have pretty poor judgement.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st kind of Player, is the normal carefree player. He doesn't complain about anything, but tries to better the community with open suggestions.

2nd kind of Player, is the socially active player who makes friends with everyone and complains a lot. Then when they have something to pick about the GMs about, they will complain in public and if they do not get their way, they tell their friends to come with them to another server.

Xamata, guess which kind of player you are and guess what GM der is.

devow

Uh, you comparing real life with an online game (and with this kind of example)?  ???

Why I blame the player? Because it is easy to avoid all these "problems".

The issue with most players, they make their online experience their life. They are dependent on their game for their happiness. Instead of enjoying the game, it became an outlet for their ego. The game to them is not for fun, but something totally serious.

These people are usually always the cause of a server getting screwed up, not the GM. If only these people will play the game for fun and be satisfied.. everything usually turns out fine even if the server has the worst admins/GMs.

Transcend

hehe viva no-life ROTARDS :D im managing a server just for them ;D
after all,once they finish work or school,first thing after eating their dinner is get ON and go finish the damn lvl

yC

Quote from: kopono on Aug 24, 2007, 12:10 AM
There will always be 2 kinds of GMs and 2 kinds of players.

1st kind of GM, is the ones who take things seriously and everyone seriously, even their server. They can be nice or mean, short or tall, skinny or fat.

2nd kind of GM, is the boastful one who always says things, all talk with no actions. And if there are things being done, they'll make a really big deal out of it. And they have pretty poor judgement.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st kind of Player, is the normal carefree player. He doesn't complain about anything, but tries to better the community with open suggestions.

2nd kind of Player, is the socially active player who makes friends with everyone and complains a lot. Then when they have something to pick about the GMs about, they will complain in public and if they do not get their way, they tell their friends to come with them to another server.

Xamata, guess which kind of player you are and guess what GM der is.

Damn i think i am the worse of both world .. i feel i am GM Type 2 (but at least i am fair) and Partly Player Type 2 without the pull friends to another server part.  When i go to a server i firstly choose to be a nobody and then somehow i would get involved then start to blame blame blame and then soon after flame flame flame then the server would close ... so no need step 3 xD

So is derRO dying?  I can't see any future to a server that ask players to leave instead of keeping a growing community that welcome everybody.

And ... i dont like that joke, it's picking on women =/

Transcend

Still none said why those players where asked to leave and if it is even true, i see no point in asking a guild leader to do so

Edit : There actualy is a good point

bulbasteve

Quote from: devow on Aug 24, 2007, 06:58 AM
Uh, you comparing real life with an online game (and with this kind of example)?  ???

Why I blame the player? Because it is easy to avoid all these "problems".

The issue with most players, they make their online experience their life. They are dependent on their game for their happiness. Instead of enjoying the game, it became an outlet for their ego. The game to them is not for fun, but something totally serious.

These people are usually always the cause of a server getting screwed up, not the GM. If only these people will play the game for fun and be satisfied.. everything usually turns out fine even if the server has the worst admins/GMs.

But you can't just replace "player" with "gm" in your post and it's just as true. Heck it is usually the GMs more than the players themselves who take the game way too seriously, afterall you have to be pretty thin skinned to ban someone cause they complain.