Avoiding advanced classes to balance a server.

Started by horo, Apr 01, 2009, 10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soki

well i was only referring to PVM specially when you MVP a monster capable
of breaking all your equips or even strip them well i suppose you can forget about
the rest of the party and just use Chemical Protection to the tanker

but regarding WOE then yes i agree that it'll make a rogue's skill complete useless
(well which ever make the server balance or close to it)

yea defenitely make Duel Clienting illegal or just turn it off it makes partying
a little useless if you can have a priest or other support class follow you
around..

hmm how about @at? is it possible to turn them off too? you wouldn't want
an entire server full of @at's just like FeelRO... well having @at doesn't sound
too bad either so hmm i don't know >_<

i also agree w/ preserver i wouldn't want to be a rogue if my plagirism skill
changes all the time during WOE

horo

we made a custom autovending system that'll limit each account to one autotrader only. took a while to get it working as intended but ghost towns full of merchants are an ugly sight!

soki

yea that's nice i was going to suggest something like the vending engine
runescape and FFXI(i saw my friend played it and there's something like that)
had where you just put your item to an npc and they
sell it for you but i kinna figured it's too much of a hassle and making
the script for it and such.... yea i also hate those ghost town full of
venders.....

horo

something like that would be really cool to have, I wonder if any servers have scripted that. the way merchants work in RO is kind of outdated compared to other mmorpg vending systems.

A92FL0163

Dofus also have a system like that, around the town there is a bunch of NPCs on the workshops (You make equips there) and you can put them there and set it to a price, when it sells, it goes to your bank.Of course, there is a set time and cost a bit to put an object (For example, a 50z would cost 1z, but a 500.000 would cost 4k~5k).

Isn't there a Auction System like that on RO?

LiteX

Quote from: Parameters on May 16, 2009, 01:13 PM
Dofus also have a system like that, around the town there is a bunch of NPCs on the workshops (You make equips there) and you can put them there and set it to a price, when it sells, it goes to your bank.Of course, there is a set time and cost a bit to put an object (For example, a 50z would cost 1z, but a 500.000 would cost 4k~5k).

Isn't there a Auction System like that on RO?

Yeah, I think but it is quite underrated on private servers
ライテ‐エクス

DragonHero

balancing the server without removing the advanced classes:

Add in custom monsters that can kill them!
Come and play RuthlessRO! Its my new server! And i am trying to make it fun! To find my server just click the link under the image below!

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=4347&url_sname=RuthlessRO

horo

Alright I'll have to ask you to just not post in any of my threads anymore, thanks in advance.

DragonHero

we are all entitled to our point of views. but yes removing the advanced classes can balance the server at its current state but if you custom a server and you dont want the advanced classes removed you can always make customs that can kill them and they will need help from other people to kill.

Get what i mean? It was no disrespect to your post horo but its also another perspective
Come and play RuthlessRO! Its my new server! And i am trying to make it fun! To find my server just click the link under the image below!

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=4347&url_sname=RuthlessRO

Ayu

There's many different ways to "balance" a server if you think that the current default state of RO is imbalanced. Adding some custom monsters to kill them is a potential one (though your post really lacks details to how to get it done). You can be like mouRO as well and restructure RO until it is fitting is another method. I believe that horo made it pretty clear that his/her path that he/she chose to take is to remove the advanced classes, so really comments on game balance are grounded within this approach due to the specification of the first post.

LiteX

Quote from: Ayu on May 18, 2009, 07:25 PM
There's many different ways to "balance" a server if you think that the current default state of RO is imbalanced. Adding some custom monsters to kill them is a potential one (though your post really lacks details to how to get it done). You can be like mouRO as well and restructure RO until it is fitting is another method. I believe that horo made it pretty clear that his/her path that he/she chose to take is to remove the advanced classes, so really comments on game balance are grounded within this approach due to the specification of the first post.

I really don't see a reason for custom mobs on a server like horo's, except for events of course
ライテ‐エクス

horo

Rather than opening a new topic (and possibly get more attention), I'll give asking here a try first. This is quite an important question to me, so intelligent input is really honestly appreciated.

WoE reduction adjustment to accomodate changed offensive and defensive capabilites causes by 2nd classes being able to wear rebirth equip

Current reductions:

1. Damage to guardians - 100%: I'm thinking of changing this to 85% to accomodate the rise in attack power across the board.

2. Melee attack - 80%: The only classes this affects are Assassin and Blacksmith I think, especially if they are crit builds. Assassin's best weapon is still the boned infiltrator, which, with 130 str and WoE reductions (as all numbers cited from hereon), does 400 mainhand crits at ~173 aspd versus a 100 vit Priest wearing beret and cranial. Blacksmith using a bloody Hurricane's Fury does 330 normal hits at ~183 aspd. I'm considering raising this to at least 90% (increasing Emperium HP by 20% or more to accomodate to this change of course), if not 100% to make Assassins a truly viable class in WoE even without EDP/Link.

3. Ranged attack - 80%: Since ranged means more than 3 cells distance/blockable by pneuma, this affects Hunters only. Dex Hunters normal attacks do 190 (400 crit with sniping suit) versus aforementioned Priest at 183 aspd, while Luck Hunters do 230 crits very slowly. Considering raising this to 100%.

4. Weapon skills damage - 60%: Double strafe does a miserable 700 versus full reduction including ranged; the big damage dealers here are earth Bowling Bash (1600 @ 179 aspd) and Mammonite (1300 @ 183 aspd). Rebirth equip gives quite a bit more defense and HP, so I'm considering 70% at least.

5. Magic skills damage - 60%: SG with +9 dbl ignore Lich's/Piercing is doing about 450-630 per SG hit on the priest wearing unfrozen glittering jacket for armor and 21mdef total, while JT clocks in at ~1300 total. Considering to raise this to 70% damage at least.

6. Misc skills damage - 60%: Short list without rebirth skills! Traps, Falcon, Stone Fling, Homunculus Explosion. Considering setting this to 100% for our dear useless Hunters, and the occasional half-year alternate version formless Vanil explosion wiping out an entire guild including the theoretical Tao Gunka Knight.

7. Flee Penalty - 20%: Better flee equip and better hit equip, I think it's fine as is.

What I'm worried about currently is the survivability of Knights; 19-20k hp (100 vit) coupled with 60 dex and 130 str is not unrealistic and might make them profit too much from the rebirth equip, and too strong overall.

Once again thanks for reading and taking the time to think about it.

A92FL0163

Quote from: horo on May 20, 2009, 12:01 PM
3. Ranged attack - 80%: Since ranged means more than 3 cells distance/blockable by pneuma, this affects Hunters only. Dex Hunters normal attacks do 190 (400 crit with sniping suit) versus aforementioned Priest at 183 aspd, while Luck Hunters do 230 crits very slowly. Considering raising this to 100%.

Doesn't Spears fall under ranged weapons category too? Or was it only the Spiral Pierce skill? Guardian Reduction... I don't know, I think guardians are already way too ignored in actual WoE, at least in my opinion (Hey look, that guardian, bye guardian!), they are even Demi Human, thus affected by Thara and Hydra. Everything else sounds fine.

Thinking about 100Vit knights instantly brings to mind Occult Impact effects, but you said somewhere you were going to remove it effects from IP and Tana Card, I'd say reduce a bit the tidal bonus?

lolwut?
The main problem is that Tidal Combo give a huge %HP Bonus, Knights already having a somewhat big HP any % is a lot already, nerfing only on Knights will probably hurt more the mid vit knight than the high vit ones. Even being a horrid idea, you could also remove the %HP bonus and add a fixed HP bonus to it.
[close]

Quote6. Misc skills damage - 60%:Stone Fling reduction removed
You just had to make Rogues and Assassins OP again.

horo

It's only spiral pierce. I'm actually making guardians stronger by making them harder to kill (they take 85% instead of 100% damage), not the other way around. Unless I horribly misread something.

Not going to remove OI effects, what I said was probably along the lines of 'I hate IP QQ'. I nerfed its droprate a little because I really do think its overpowered. The problem with nerfing item effects is that I have to keep PvM in mind, and there players will need absolutely any advantage they can get because rebirth maps without rebirth characters are pretty tough. I definitely wanted to take this approach at the beginning, but have since changed my mind for a bunch of reasons.

The fixed HP bonus is a great idea by the way, I'll definitely keep that in mind.

A92FL0163

Oh, I have readen "Damage of Guardians", my bad.